April 24, 2014 | 1049 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2008 5:52:00 PM More reviews by aznlilbabiegrl

it's a decent product at a decent price, i love the tint because it reduces the redness around my acne scars, but it does take some getting use to because the texture is a bit heavy and not very spreadable.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/16/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by MissAmbie

I'm not too sure how I feel about this sunblock just yet, as I have just started with it a couple of weeks ago. The problem is, which it says that it is oil-free, I find this product extremely heavy on my skin and kind of hard to smooth out. I am also not a fan of the tint, as when I purchased it, I was really just looking for something to go under my foundation that I already love and use. However, the tint is relatively sheer, but like I said, the heaviness of the product is what turns me off more than anything. A lot of ppl seem to love it, sadly I'm just not one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by danijelau

This product really is great.
dont be alarmed by the tint. i was when i first saw it as im not usually a fan of tints. but when you apply it it gives the illusion your wearing foundation as it evens out your skin tone quite abit and takes out any redness. so if your having a no-make-up day this is perfect.
when i go out causually i just stick some of this one and my skin looks pretty great! no foundation needed.
it has great sunscreen ingrediatiants in it too! so you know your getting your sun protection.
And also if your pimple prone its oil free. it never has made me break out! and alot of products do for me!
only downside... its not water proof. so i wouldnt recommend for a day at the beach. more for everyday sun protection.
love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2008 10:16:00 PM More reviews by laz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Reading the reviews, i realised that a lot people mistakenly thought they were avoiding the "evils" of chemical (ie. organic) sunscreens by buying this product. This product, while containing Zno and TiO2 as active ingredients, ALSO contains octyl methoxycinnamate ( a CHEMICAL, UVB absorbober) and octyl salicate (also a chemical UVB aborber). Now, don't get me wrong, this seems like a brilliant product, especially for those averse to Avobenzone. But don't think you're buying a cream only with physical blockers... this has both. And if you're really worried about sun protection, either go with Mexoryl or order some Bioderma from overseas.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 10:25:00 PM More reviews by sd87

I like the high spf in this and also the slight tint- gives my skin a really nice glow! It's not a big tube but has already lasted me about 8mnths since you only need a tiny amount, so I think its worth the money! Will be buying again when I finish my current one :D

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by nnana

I'm not big on the tint in this sunscreen, because I'm asian and the tint is slightly too pink-based and light for my skin tone. However, that aside, this product doesn't break me out nor has it caused any clogged pores on my slightly sensitive skin. I love that it provides very high coverage with very minimal grease and shine. The consistency is a little too thick, but not so that it bugs me too much. Overall, I will repurchase! Like it! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by 04marissa29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I like this product becuase overall, it does what it's supposed to do. It's a sunblock! I think the product itself is a little to thick for my skin because I'm always having trouble applying it to my face evenly, without having to go back to the tube and squeeze out more so that I have it all over my face. The smell is a little "sunblocky" and it irritates my skin like that, but not physically. I'm pretty happy that it doesn't clog my pores and is supposed to prevent my skin getting damaged from environmental chemicals and what not. But when I apply it, it always has a rough feeling, and doesn't feel refreshing at all. I also don't like the colour (I know it's supposed to be a tint, but I keep thinking it's some kind of weird cream that I'm putting on my face). But hey, it works well as a sunblock. I'm just being picky here. Next time, I think I'll go for the Clinique sunblock that's 30 spf in the yellow-ish bottle (whatever the hell it's called).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2008 1:30:00 AM More reviews by emonapkin

I've used this for about six months. Even though it is tinted, it does NOT leave a whitish cast or even any kind of tint in general. When I first put it on my face appears a little paler, but I think that's good because you know which areas you covered. A couple minutes later my skin goes back to its normal tone. I don't think it's expensive, especially for a Clinique product. Higher end sunscreens can run over 20 or 30 dollars, and many drugstore sunscreens are around 13 dollars. The reason I'm giving this a 3 though is because it leaves my face feeling greasy :(.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 10:32:00 AM More reviews by PRhinestone

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just returned from a motorcycle trip across the desert to visit the Grand Canyon and Las Vegas. Needless to say, my face was exposed to lots of intense sun and wind. I used a light moisturizer (Demalogica Active Moist) and then I put on the City Block. It worked great! I did not get sunburned and it stayed put even in the heat. My only criticism, and the reason why I only gave it a 4, is because it seemed like I really had to take a lot of time to blend it in otherwise it gave me kind of a chalky look. I did discover that a little goes a long way and that it does dry after a few minutes. My sensitive skin did not break out from this product and I was very pleased with the results. I thought the price was okay and not a whole lot different than what I've paid for other products of lesser quality. I will definitely buy this again for my next trip!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by SimplyBeautiful

I used this on my recent trip to the Carribean and I'm very pleased. Great physical sunblock! I used it once a day in the morning, wore a hat most of the day, never reapplied throughout the day (hate doing this) and I'm still as good of a PPP as I was two weeks ago :). This works! The slight tint helps tone down the whiteness that otherwise would have been created by Titanium Dioxide, and leaves no color otherwise. Yes, there is a strong sheen right after application but this is SPF 40!!! Of course it leaves you kind of shiny. Shine goes away for the most part within about 10 minutes. I have yet to see an SPF product higher than 30 that does not leave any shine on your face, let me know if such exists. All things considered, this is the best ss out there for the price. Shiseido Ultimate would have been a contender but so much more expensive.