October 24, 2014 | 1590 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by angerawrs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I initially used Pro Longwear in NC25, and it was good when my face doesn't need much coverage. But now I'm currently battling with hormonal acne (it's really awful), and I find this foundation covers my acne scars (and also semi-active acne).

I use a Real Technique's Expert Face brush to put on this foundation (I also like to use my fingers to blend), and the coverage is good. My shade for this foundation is NC25 as well, as I am Asian with yellow undertone.

This didn't really break me out, and I find it better at the coverage compared to Pro Longwear, which is quite sheer and for those who didn't really need much coverage. I will go back to Pro Longwear once my skin clears up.

I love this foundation! I didn't mind the smell, to be honest. Def repurchase! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by azharr

I would not recommend this product to people with acne-prone skin! It makes me break out like CRAZY! I tried it multiple times with long gaps between my uses but each time my skin would break out really bad! It is full-coverage and pretty heavy. My skin looks good when I wear it. It has good staying power. But its a pity its not kind to my skin :( Revlon colorstay is a better option for me as its non-oily, doesn't break me out, stays in place all day and is much cheaper too.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/23/2013 8:10:00 PM More reviews by abatnamedtwitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The formula of this foundation is awesome. The color range really isnt that great. The lightest shade NC15, was three shades too dark still. I really wish they made more shades in this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by thinkythoughts

I have acne prone skin so I was a bit worried after reading some reviews, but I have not broke out once from this foundation! I was matched NC25, it's a little orangey compared to my skin, barely though. The thing that was a little ridiculous was that you have to buy a separate pump for this product that you already spent quite a bit on. The pump is so worth it though. I apply the foundation to the back of my hand and use an elf blush brush to apply it to my face. It's surprisingly wonderful. You can really control how much coverage you want. If you want more coverage, just stipple it on. I use to use revlon colorstay, but it clings onto dry spots unlike this foundation. The revlon colorstay also would break me out. The first couple times I applied this, I didn't like it at all. I finally found what works for me and now I absolutely love this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Andiec100

Smells like chemicals, feels like chemicals. AVOID!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Snailzonfire

I really love this foundation because it offers full coverage. I use it in NC15 and its the perfect shade for me. I recommend applying it with a beauty blender because you will get the most flawless finish!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by SFifi

My NC40 got a little too dark/yellow for me, and doesn't match at all. But assuming I had the right color, it's a really nice full coverage foundation, and one of the easiest liquids to apply. Definitely night time or special occasion use. Not something I would use for daily wear. The only downside is that it looks really dry, especially in the winter, and/or when you spend the day in air conditioning. At the same time, you can't skip setting it with a powder because it does transfer. It still is the best foundation I've used for photographs though. Looks so good in pictures!

UPDATE: break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink241

I jumped on this foundation band wagon when the new NW10 came out. Being very very pale, I could never wear MAC foundations (besides the 1.0 in matchmaster) as NW15 was too dark in winter months.

I can say, this is my FAVORITE foundation right now for winter months. I am the lightest shade my skin gets. It is a matte finish. I wear Smashbox primer underneath as I feel it can sometimes make my pores obvious. I apply with a damp beauty blender and set with select sheer pressed powder in NC5.

WEAR: I am a Registered Nurse, this means 12 hour shifts for me. The places that I find the makeup budges is around my nose and my chin. HOWEVER, I have combo/dry skin, it gets shiney in the t zone... someone with oily skin may want to stay away or you can expect to not get a HUGE wear time. I may repowder once during the day but that's about it. I find the foundation lasts the needed amount of time.

APPLICATION: It drys very fast to a matte finish. I like the finish, I find it doesn't look cakey at all. I do apply with a damp beauty blender.

PACKAGING: YOU NEED to buy the pump adapter from MAC for this... or this foundation will get EVERYWHERE with the original screw top it comes with.

Like I said before, the main reason why I buy this is for the colour. and I am enjoying it so far :) No breakouts as long as I wash it off each night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I feel like the application method is very important to prevent this foundation from looking obvious/heavy or patchy due to it setting fairly quickly. This foundation sets quite quickly to a matt finish which i really like. Because the coverage is good with this foundation, I have purchased a lighter and a darker shade so that I can give some dimension to my face and not look like a mask (lighter in the T zone, darker on the sides of my face). I find that using my fingers or a damp sponge is the best method and makes it look more skin like.

This is definitely the foundation I would use for a night out. I wouldnt use this particular foundation if i was after a more natural and dewy/softer look due to the finish.. in saying that I expect that if I was to mix it with a moisturizer I could achieve that sort of look. Instead I use bourjois healthy mix if I want a more natural dewy look because I already own it. If I was on a budget though, I would experiment with the studio fix to come up with different finishes.

I would repurchase as I definitely reach for this foundation on days I need good coverage, eg after a breakout. I wish it came with a pump and didnt have to buy separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by TheStyleChronicles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my everyday foundation. Great coverage that is build able. It has oil control properties, but you will need to touch up midday to combat the oil.