September 22, 2014 | 1764 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink241

I jumped on this foundation band wagon when the new NW10 came out. Being very very pale, I could never wear MAC foundations (besides the 1.0 in matchmaster) as NW15 was too dark in winter months.

I can say, this is my FAVORITE foundation right now for winter months. I am the lightest shade my skin gets. It is a matte finish. I wear Smashbox primer underneath as I feel it can sometimes make my pores obvious. I apply with a damp beauty blender and set with select sheer pressed powder in NC5.

WEAR: I am a Registered Nurse, this means 12 hour shifts for me. The places that I find the makeup budges is around my nose and my chin. HOWEVER, I have combo/dry skin, it gets shiney in the t zone... someone with oily skin may want to stay away or you can expect to not get a HUGE wear time. I may repowder once during the day but that's about it. I find the foundation lasts the needed amount of time.

APPLICATION: It drys very fast to a matte finish. I like the finish, I find it doesn't look cakey at all. I do apply with a damp beauty blender.

PACKAGING: YOU NEED to buy the pump adapter from MAC for this... or this foundation will get EVERYWHERE with the original screw top it comes with.

Like I said before, the main reason why I buy this is for the colour. and I am enjoying it so far :) No breakouts as long as I wash it off each night.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2013 4:12:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. I feel like the application method is very important to prevent this foundation from looking obvious/heavy or patchy due to it setting fairly quickly. This foundation sets quite quickly to a matt finish which i really like. Because the coverage is good with this foundation, I have purchased a lighter and a darker shade so that I can give some dimension to my face and not look like a mask (lighter in the T zone, darker on the sides of my face). I find that using my fingers or a damp sponge is the best method and makes it look more skin like.

This is definitely the foundation I would use for a night out. I wouldnt use this particular foundation if i was after a more natural and dewy/softer look due to the finish.. in saying that I expect that if I was to mix it with a moisturizer I could achieve that sort of look. Instead I use bourjois healthy mix if I want a more natural dewy look because I already own it. If I was on a budget though, I would experiment with the studio fix to come up with different finishes.

I would repurchase as I definitely reach for this foundation on days I need good coverage, eg after a breakout. I wish it came with a pump and didnt have to buy separately.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by TheStyleChronicles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my everyday foundation. Great coverage that is build able. It has oil control properties, but you will need to touch up midday to combat the oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/3/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was excited to try their new shade, NW10, but I was disappointed in the finish, the coverage, the smell, and how it broke me out. I figured I needed something full coverage to hide my blemishes, but if this is causing my blemishes, what good is it? I'm talking cystic acne (something I don't normally get).

The consistency is pretty thick. It's easy to overdue it and look caky. The color oxidizes a couple shades darker than it begins. It gets oily throughout the day. The smell is like paint thinner. I can only assume the chemicals causing this scent are not ideal for someone's skin. I can vouch for that.

Overall, I don't think this foundation is flattering on me or most girls I see wearing it. It's like wearing a mask. If that's the look you're going for, buy this product. If a mask turns you off, I would avoid this - if not for the finish, then for how badly it can break you out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by mnicole1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a few months now and I have to say that I really, really like it so far. It is a very blendable and buildable foundation. I find that it can kind of start to cake up if you aren't careful but that can easily be remedied by simply applying and building in very thin layers. I like to use the Sonia Kashuk buffing brush to apply and build it up where needed. I am an NC25 and the shade is perfect for me. Of course it comes without a pump so that is a definite negative but I find that it's not that serious to just pour a little out on the back of your hand and dip your brush into it to apply. It definitely does have a smell to it (it doesn't sound too good but try and imagine the smell of paint.. it's kind of like that) but it seems to disappear pretty quickly and I never notice it later. I would say this foundation lasts a pretty good while, I put it on in the morning and it stays in place pretty much all day when I use a setting powder. I do notice that by the end of my shift it seems to have slid around or faded in some spots, but it's not that noticeable. Overall I'm really glad I tried this out and think that it's a very solid foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 6:14:00 AM More reviews by Mihajla

Dry/combination skin with pink undertones. I use NW25

I have used this one for years! I tried some others inbetween, but always ended up going back to this one. It´s funny how we think we need change, although we already have found a products that is perfect for your skin.

The only difficulty is finding the right color. Because they are covering so well, the wrong color gives you a dramatic difference from the color you should be using. I never went to a MAC store to get my color, so I had to try and fail on my own expense.

The studiofix fluid last during the day, but by the end of the day it needs a touch up. I find that using it in combination with studio fix powder does the trick, and I usually keep this in my bag to freshen up during the day.

I find that it sometimes can be a little bit shiny on my skin if I only use the studiofix fluid by itself, so I feel the need to set it with the studiofix powder after applying it. It has GREAT coverage, and covers my blemishes and my red cheeks. The fluid is thick, but does not feel thick on your skin.

I can´t speak for how it works on very oily or very dry skin, but at least for dry/combination skin it is perfect! It is definitely worth the money, and a small amount of product goes a long way - from experience this depends on if you have the right color for you. If you got the wrong shade you use a lot more product to cover everything evenly, but now that I got the right one I use a LOT less and it still looks amazing.

My bottle is running low, and I have already a new studiofix fluid on it´s way!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 7:07:00 PM More reviews by mjhicks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG foundation. No, it's not perfect. But I keep buying this over and over again because it is reliable. I've tried others and always come back to Studio Fix! I am NW15 and I have combination skin (hormonal acne for about a week every month, otherwise red and sensitive). When I'm breaking out I need to use coverup underneath this, otherwise I don't use coverup. This foundation is super buildable too...you can go for a natural look or heavy coverage, it's amazing. It feels great on your skin too! I hate the pretty yet useless packaging, I just wish it came with a pump! I recommend this to anyone with combination skin, but make sure to get samples before you buy. They often do not match your colour well, so get a few samples and wear it for a week, and ask your friends if they think it is the right colour for you!

PROS:
- long-lasting, dependable, medium coverage
- lightweight feel
- does not settle into creases
- does not cause breakouts
- smells fine
- relatively cheap considering how long it lasts
- doesn't dry onto skin too quickly, you have time to brush it in slow circles into your skin
- does not highlight dry patches
- often enough coverage (for that light/medium look) without coverup or powder

CONS:
- shitty bottle that doesn't come with a pump
- causes clogged pores, but this is easily avoidable if you use a BHA (such as Stridex) after washing your face

Bottom line: a really great foundation if it suits your colouring.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 10:52:00 PM More reviews by irenerose

I've been using this for years and i simply love it! It has a very good coverage it really covers all the flaws on my skin. It tends to break skin out but for me the trick is really simple, wipe it out well, preferably using makeup remover or wet tissue before washing my face properly with daily cleanser. The only downside is the price. Its a wee bit expensive but i must say its worth buying.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Zemdawn

My HG foundation I'm never switching! It's my perfect color in nc30. It lasts all day (excluding working out) . Yellow undertone is perfect for my skin. It doesn't crease or make my skin super flakey. It does a good job on oil control for a fluid foundation. Although I wish I didn't have to buy a separate pump I don't really mind. The pump is reusable and not too expensive. The foundation is a tad bit expensive compared to drugstore but not a lot to high end such as Make up forever hd foundation and more expensive ones. I love this foundation and I really recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by shaunaf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think the studio fix is a great foundation of MAC's. I have very pale skin and NC15 was a perfect match for me.
It goes on very easily and smoothly with a foundation brush and you can slowly build up coverage depending on the look that you want. I have very sensitive skin, but unlike some of the other reviewers, I didn't break out (thank god).
The two cons that I can find with this product is, firstly, the horrible chemical smell that comes off the foundation, and secondly, that you have to buy the pump separately; the foundation is expensive enough as it is, so I don't think you should have to fork out to buy a pump to get the stuff out of the container.