August 2, 2014 | 1594 users online

Liquid - MAC - Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by mindofmikey1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation. I have dry skin sometimes normal/combo but I am definitely on the more dry side. I grew up having some eczema and I've always aimed for a more dewy hydrated look. This foundation has amazing coverage, it's buildable and suits dry skin and oily skin depending on how you apply it, whether you moisturize or not and if you use setting spray. Even though this foundation is more of a matte finish, I moisturize well when I know I am going to use this foundation for the day and than I sometimes use my MAC setting spray to make it look hydrated. I however have found it to oxidize a bit, I've had my current bottle of this for about a year because I'm one who always switches foundations and enjoy trying new ones. I always come back to this though. It is too heavy for everyday wear but perfect for a night out or a day you just wanna look real nice. The packaging is nice, the only downfall is you have to purchase a pump seperately. The consistency is thick and it's not hard to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Makeupbymoani

My new HG foundation! I'm nc 37 and I have really oily skin with a dry patch on my chin and it makes my skin flawless! It last a very long time. I have no transfer and it looks better like a hour after I applied it. For only 30$ a bottle it's worth it. It'll last me a couple months! Good job Mac

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by nellieter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in NW13. This shade is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have been looking for a fair and yet pinky foundation that matches my complexion for 10+ years. This shade is perfect for those who are pale but have some pink in their skin tone, in other words, fair but not stark milk white.
As for other qualities- it covers pretty well. I need to use a concealer for any obvious blemishes that I have but this alone will make my skin look even and take away red splotches. I can see how it would be a little too oily for summer but I have yet to wear this during hot weather. I have noticed that it doesn't look terribly wonderful whenever I sweat a bit. However, I like that it is sort of thick because it doesn't seem to accentuate dry patches. I hate dry patches.
It hasn't made me break out yet. The smell is not offensive. The only negatives I have experienced so far is the bottle (I am going to have to break down and buy a stupid pump) and the price (for me, it's pricey. But for department store brands, it's pretty good). I can't give it 5 lippies because I only reserve that for nearly perfect products, but it definitely deserves four which means pretty darn good in my rating system.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked this foundation better than the other Mac foundations I've tried. I wish I would have bought this again instead of going back to the Pro Longwear (which makes my face cakey). I'll admit it makes your face a little oily, which I can handle because it stays on my face all day. All I have to do is finish with some powder. It doesn't accentuate every pore on my face and blends easy. I don't have to put 2 or 3 layers on like I do with the Pro Longwear. The only gripe I have is the packaging. I'd suggest you buy the pump they offer or you will have the hardest time getting it out of the bottle and you'll end up wasting a lot. I bypassed on buying the pump because it was $8 and thought that was pretty pricey especially combined with the price of the foundation. BUY IT! I didn't realize how difficult it would be to get the foundation out of the bottle. I had a leftover pump from the Pro Longwear, but guess what? It doesn't fit on the Studio Fix bottle. This is how they get you to buy more stuff. I am disappointed about that!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:45:00 PM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have almost used up my first bottle of this foundation. I have a back up already. I think this is very good foundation. I like the finish and the coverage. I wouldn't say it's full coverage, but a medium buildable coverage. I have rosacea and I find that this covers my redness pretty well. But I don't think it looks heavy on my face. I always set it with a loose powder and am very pleased with the finish. I have combination skin and am satisfied with the staying power. I have fairly sensitive skin but do not notice any ill effects as far as breakouts, etc. A good reliable foundation. Great color selection.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by SeleneCastroo

Ok well I have been using this foundation for 8 months. I really like it when I first apply it, but i notice it tends to get darker it oxidizes fast. and the coverage looks too matte at times, i like the fact that it lasts all school day for me but the thing i dont like is how it has given me a lot of little white heads and that makes me very unhappy! I would say it would be my holy grail foundation if my face was flawless

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 5:18:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not suitable for my oily skin, only added to the problem, it needed constant touch ups with powder to combat the shine!
It easily transfers onto clothing and everyone you might hug or touch with your face.
Feels like it's melting off in hot weather and leaves you with that shiney, dirty looking face after only a few hours.
Probably more suited for people with drier skin types. I prefer Mac's Longwear foundation or the matchmaster for good, lasting, light coverage.
Only good points that I can say is that it applies very nicely, spreading easily and has a natural, medium coverage that doesn't look plastered.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/3/2013 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sienadibaari

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this foundation is possibly the worst foundation I've ever bought, and a complete waste of my money.
it's fine when it's first applied, but doesn't hold powder at all. it's fine for about half an hour and then completely changes it's color to orange. why buy a specific color if it's going to turn brown in the end anyway? it's oily and cakey and very thick on my skin. it's very uncomfortable and i won't be buying it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the Mac Studio Fix Fluid in the color Nc20 about 3 months ago, it matches perfectly with my skin. I feel like this foundation is either a hit or miss with alot of people, for me i love it. I have alot of acne scaring on my skin and also acne and when i put this foundation on it instantly covers everything. So i find its a VERY full coverage foundation in my experience. Iv tried many foundations before, searching to cover up my acne and scars and this is deffinatly one of my go-to foundations. It doesnt oxidize at all which i find many foundations do on my skin. It stays on through out the whole day, i get up at 6:45am for school, and by 7pm the foundation is still on, covering everything. Although one issue i may have with this foundation is, if i work out it tends to shift on my face a bit, but thats obviously from the sweat and oils that are being released. Iv been in pouring rain with this foundation on and iv swam in pools and the foundation still stays in place. One thing i wish this foundation came with is a pump, yes you can buy one, but im to lazy to go out and get one, other than that i find this is a great foundation, id recommend people to get a sample first and try it out for a few days to see if it works for you :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok.. I'm not really sure about this product. I have worn it for about a week, and granted, the coverage is excellent. It keeps your skin looking matte for half the day, which is better than any other foundation I have found. But, I have noticed I am starting to get blackheads in my cheeks.. Which is a NEVER. I am also breaking out on my forehead, which is a NEVER! So, I am wondering if this is what is causing it.. I haven't switched anything but the makeup.. So, I'm not sure? I washed my face yesterday, and this morning, and have been totally makeup free for 2 days.. My skin looks 100 percent better. So, if you are very oily and acne prone, I wouldn't recommend this foundation!