Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner in Black Ink

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

A favorite.

UPDATE 7/21/2011:
Still a favorite. Tried to replace w/ Sephora's "Must Have" Gel Liner, a knock off of this for $10. Returned it in a day. Not the same. This is the blackest black, and most long-lasting eyeliner I have ever worked with. It is what brought me into the eyeliner game.

on 4/19/2009 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Truly long wearing, but I dislike the fact that it dries up and hardens before you finish the jar. I've been advised to close the lid while I'm applying it on my eyes to prevent it drying up, but this is bothersome to do to have to open and close and open and close the jar during application. Neither do I like the idea of having to store it upside down. I prefer MAC Blacktrack to this for that reason, and for the reason that MAC Blacktrack also allows for mistakes to be corrected cleanly and easily, and does not clump if you accidentally put too much on. Oh and Blacktrack is also easy to cleanse off at the end of the day. AND Blacktrack is just as long wearing!

Bobbi Brown Black Ink Long Wear Gel Eyeliner is way too much work for me.

on 4/8/2009 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the only eyeliner I use. It applies easily with my Bobbi Brown Eyeliner Brush and lasts all day. Now that I'm getting halfway into the jar (had this for over a year now), it's starting to flake just a bit if I apply too much. So it's better to build up in small amounts. Overall, fantastic eyeliner and I'd buy it again.

on 3/28/2009 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

OMG! Amazing eyeliner... It doesn't smudge, lasts very long ( I used it from 3pm till 12pm). I apply white eyeshadow before using the eyeliner and the result is perfect. The best eyeliner I've ever used, much better than Revlon Colorstay.

on 3/25/2009 10:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

So ladies I have a really good way of preventing these gel based liners from drying out on you, place your gel liner upside down all the time, this brings the water/moisture from the bottom to go through the formula. I do this with all my gel based liners and they last forever..

on 3/16/2009 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a must-have from Bobbi Brown!!!It's long-lasting, doesn't smudge and i'm surprised that it did not smear when i had to run under the rain!!It just stay there!!!the texture is really smooth, and although mine has harden a little, i can still use it easily, unlike other brand. I really love this!!!!

on 3/11/2009 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

HG for me! This black is so deep and true. The finish does not budge and is amazingly smooth. True love with this liner! Makes my eyes look bigger and more awake!

on 3/8/2009 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this eyeliner since the beginning of my high school days and I have never contemplating switching my product. Gives a true jet black line, easy to control with my body shop e/l brush (tried the BB eyeliner brush but I like my BS one...more control). Like the packaging, basic and chic. A little goes a long way, so it lasts a long time. My only complaint is, although it won't dry out on you like I hear MAC fluidline does, I have gone through 3 tubs of these and sometimes they will eventually get dry and start flaking before you finish the entire product. However, this is HG material and nothing will ever replace it in my makeup bag.

on 3/7/2009 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the black because I was going for a different kind of classic eye look, something beyond my usual brown neutral colors. This is a true black, but it lacks the depth of color I was hoping for. It stays on till the end, sometimes a little too much because even with eye make up remover and my usual cleanser, there is usually some sort of residue left. It took forever to master applying this; it was much harder than I imagined. I use my Sephora professional angled eyeliner brush, dip one side in the gel, then wipe the excess of on a tissue. I hate wasting it, but it was the only way I could apply it correctly. I then apply a thing line against my upper lash line. Although I believe the quality of the gel eyeliners is very high, I would not repurchase because it is more work than I thought it would be.

on 3/6/2009 3:05:00 AM

I have mixed reaction to this Black Ink gel eyeliner cos i'm also using the chocolate shimmer ink. While i find the chocolate shimmer ink very good (love it), i'm not so sure about the black ink.

I like the effect it gives - black striking effect. but somehow with the black ink liner, not long after applying it on my eyelids, i notice that i get smudges on my undereye....is it me only or do other people experience this as well?

and i notice that the black ink gel liner dries up faster (in the tub) compared to the chocolate shimmer. I have yet to try the other colors so i cant really make any comparisons yet. i will try again to see if the same thing happens again...