October 20, 2014 | 1427 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by oilyteen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Has parabens and makes your skin look dead and gray after about a week of use

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by roxannefourteen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this way back my pimples showed up like crazy. Although it cleared up all my pimples, it made my skin dull. And I don't think it cleansed that much. There's no soapy and tight feeling after.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Whitelighter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

So far it's the best affordable facial cleanser i've tried. It's not soapy, doesn't have strong smell and doesn't dry up my face. The downside is it cannot take off my make up even if its not water proof so i need to use make up remover before washing my face with this cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off I've been a Master Esthetician for 15 years, and have also worked with some great Dermatologists,
This is a great product for DRY, and/or sensitive skin. Dermatologists recommend it for use on people with eczema because of how your skin feels after. Also, people with dry skin need the moisture, as it has a "lotion consistency", it doesn't mean its not doing its job cleansing the skin, just because it doesnt "foam". If you have oily skin, you need something that says "foaming" to remove oil. Also, I recommend something like Neutrogena facial wipes to remove makeup first, because this isn't a makeup remover, no matter what the bottle says.You can always talk to your Dr, or check the website to see what products they recommend for your skin type. I wrote a very similar review for Neutrogena and CereVe gentle cleanser. If for some reason it doesn't work for you, you're not out a lot of money.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2013 2:58:00 AM More reviews by niftypineapple914

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very oily Tzone (think sebaceous hyperplasia levels), freakishly sensitive skin, and have had mild to moderate but persistent acne for well over a decade. I loved how this cleanser felt- it truly is made for sensitive skin in mind. My skin has turned bright red, dry and over the next few hours spat out excess oil after a splash of water, so know what I'm talking about. However, it completely clogged my pores over about two weeks; I began getting a crapton of whiteheads, and under the skin mounds pretty soon after that. I usually get inflamed, swollen pores around my tzone which then become clogged, infected and progress to acne spots, so the sudden appearance of white heads are not the norm for me at all. I also had a lot on my cheeks, and I can't remember when I last broke out there, its usually my only trouble-free area.
I changed nothing else in my regime at the time, and the horrible congestion and cheek breakouts disappeared when usage was discontinued. I do still use it and love it as a handwash, and I certainly won't throw it out because it's useful to have around for emergencies, I guess. But I absolutely cannot use this regularly as a cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by Anita09

A just good basic cleanser.
Pros.
Doesn't leave your skin dry at all.
It has a nice lotion-y consistency

Cons:
It isn't the best at removing makeup (I need a toner afterward to remove leftover makeup)
Doesn't lather (It takes a while to get use to because most are use, I personally like lathering up cleansers)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by Ambrosia777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have worked for dermatologists for years and they all have recommended this product. Not only is it great for your skin but it is also gentle enough. I have oily skin and use acne products , although it does not removed all of my eye makeup I do use it everyday and finish the makeup removal with an additional product .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't know what it is but I feel like this does nothing to my face at all. It goes on easy and it too easy to come off. As I have read from others I feel like it just doesn't do anything or absorb.

I prefer something with beeds that is a little more effective

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Upon a friend's recommendation I tried this. Love it! I had to get used to the feel - it's (not to be gross) like a milky goo. It does not lather. I have to use it twice- once to get off all the makeup, another to wash my face - but I was typically doing that with 2 different Clinique products before, for a lot more money. The off brand of Cetaphil (like the Walmart brand) seems to work just as well. It does not dry out my face, but leaves it very smooth.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by Saspants

Using this product for a couple weeks caused a terrible break out on my face, unlike anything I have experienced in quite some time. Stopped using and my face cleared up. I can't for the life of me figure out what this contained that was harmful and irritating to my skin. Oh well, I can scratch this one off my list.