April 16, 2014 | 1961 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2013 3:57:00 AM More reviews by CaraDeedee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The thing with this product is that I feel like it doesn't get my face clean. I use cleanser to remove my face makeup, and it didn't do that at all. So I tried using it on days that I wore no face makeup and I just feel like it didn't give me a deep enough clean, a common complaint with this product. I do like the smell and you do get a lot of it for cheap, like a half a gallon for a couple bucks lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 6:36:00 AM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I've been using this for years. I don't even remember how long but it's been MANY years along with my clarisonic. Derm recommended it to me and it's the only thing other than Purity by Philosophy that doesn't break me out or dry me out. I use this on days when I don't wear makeup. I use Purity when I do use make up. I have to use the Gentle formula the normal one is too drying. It's my HG along with my Cervae PM moisturizer it has made a dramatic difference.

Also for acne sufferers I suggest using regular Oatmeal to wash your face. I do it in the mornings. http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/itemid=73957

And Manuka honey mask once in awhile.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by dbc202

My doctor recommended this product to me. At first I didn't see a difference and then when I went back she litterly yelled at me because I stopped using cetaphil so then I started to use it once again and wow it actually does help! My acne has improved and everyone thinks so they're all like "Your skins clearing up" Your skins better" "How is your skin so clear now what do you use" And I honestly think its worth a try. Dermatologists and doctors recommend it and so do I. I still do get blemishes but it's a cleanser so it obviously won't remove all of my acne but I have seen big differences. I overall give this product a 5/5!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2013 9:21:00 AM More reviews by AJ3141

I'm writing this review as a reminder to myself. Don't buy this because:

-it doesn't clean your face well enough
-it gives you clogged pores

Yes, it's cheap for how much you get and it's enticing by how many people have had success with it, but it's not for you so quit buying it

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by mongolhoney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Not a great product for people who are obsessive about having clean face. I understand many people actually love this product, but I just hated the feeling of not having clean face after using this.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Unicorny101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading some really good reviews about this product and I needed something to fix my acne problem (occasional breakouts, white heads, and sub surface bumps). To my disappointment it actually gave me more white heads (and still does) and the texture of this is like watered down lotion... It's weird and doesn't lather. I wouldn't recommend this as a makeup remover, and I definitely won't buy this again. It doesn't strip away your natural skin moisture or irritate your skin ill give you that, but the ingredients. The back of the label says its just cetaphil alcohol, water, and some common lip balm bases...nothing NOURISHING or benefitting for your skin. How in the world people can't live without this (in my opinion) scam product? I have no idea

rated 4 of 5 on 7/20/2013 10:10:00 AM More reviews by Purplegal

This is my go to cleanser. I have been using it for several years. It cleanses without stripping my skin or drying it out. I will agree that it is not the best make up remover, but to remedy this I use a cheap make up removing cloth first & then follow with Cetaphil. This may be more steps than some of you want to take,but it works great for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Fevrier78

Well.. I bought this cleaser cuz people are saying its a great cleanser and good with acne. I have clogged skin with white and blackheads, so switched my cleanser to cetaphil. I think this cleanser break me out evenmore..., after a trip to my beautician, she said she used cetaphil before and it broke her out. So im dumping the bottle now and switching to other cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/20/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by naturallyginger17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My mum eventually convinced me that I should start using this cleanser after i ran out of some old one and at first I really liked it. I have been using this product for a little under a year and it’s been pretty good. Before it I usually had around maybe 6 large pimples which seemed to have taken up permanent residence on my forehead but this product has taken it down to around 3 considerably smaller pimples, it obliterated the annoying ones that were sitting along my hair line and they were always annoying because my skin is pretty pale so the bright red shone like a beacon. Anyway, with a military like commitment to my skin care (cleanser and moisturise every morning and night, exfoliate twice a week and regular facials) for over a year, you would think I would have pretty great skin. Not. I still have The Three plus that weird black head phenomenon that covers the whole nose, and heaps of tiny bumps covering the forehead and chin. A plus is that it seems to be one of the few that doesn't dry my cheeks to flaking nor does it make my eye area sting. So in conclusion, whilst this cleanser does help, it only helps for a certain amount of time.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by koinie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This stuff is super gentle, but I feel like if you have oily skin or touch your face a lot, this won't do too much on its own to clean your face.