LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 9/15/2010 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product. A little goes a long way and it lasted me a year. I used it primarily for my cuticles and it works quickly and right away. Also works really well on elbows, lips, knees and feet. For those who do not like strong lemon scents, it won't be pleasing, but I like it. It is probably one of the best hand creams I have tried because it does an excellent job of fighting the hangnails and dry areas. Definitely a repurchase.

on 8/31/2010 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will buy this for life!!! For the first time in 20 years, I no longer have to cut off my cuticles. They're completely healthy from using Lemony Flutter a few times a day. No more hangnails either. A tiny bit is all you need and it sinks in almost instantly.

on 8/25/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic product that has so many uses . My cuticles are horrifically dry and almost nothing helps. I hate oils because I can't stand the greasy feel so I had sort of given up.

Within 2 days of using this I noticed an improvement that lasted beyond when the cream was on. I initially used it 3-4 times a day then realised that it was doing such a good job I cut back to twice a day. I use it mostly in conjunction with Handy Gurugu, as I do find it a little thick feeling and this balances it out nicely. I've also used this as a foot cream regularly - it does an amazing job on softening any dry, hard or flakey skin.

I can imagine a lot of people would be put off by the scent. It is very lemony, and I agree with the reviewer who mentioned it was like a Lemon Pez. I think it's a cross between that and lemon curd and personally I absolutely love it. I don't get any undertone to it as one person mentioned, but smell is a really personal thing so just be wary of that before buying. I would also prefer if it did not have parabens in it, however it is really the only product that's ever worked for me so I'm overlooking that for now.

You need such a small amount, and the shelf life is 14 months, so I have no doubt that you'll start finding other uses for this cream as time goes on so that you don't waste any!

on 8/8/2010 6:29:00 AM

I bought this cuticle butter after reading good reviews on it. I think the product is really fantastic, but (and there is a but!) I don't think it's perfect.

It does the job beautifully, it is rich, creamy and keeps my cuticles in top shape.
I do however find the smell a bit offputting. It's lemony, but it also has a slightly nasty undertone, like tar or something - I can't quite put my finger on it.
Also, Lush in my opinion is pretty pricey, and for what you pay, and for a product that is supposedly natural and full of goodness, I find it surprising that it contains parabens. The rest of the ingredients are really yummy, so I think this is such a shame.

Regardless of the drawbacks I would most likely buy it again, at least until I find something that I like more.

I've been using this stuff for a few days and I love it. I suffer from incredibly dry hands that crack and bleed around my fingers (also because I'm a picker). I rub this stuff into my fingers before nighttime and already after only 3 nights of using it, my fingers look 10 times better. Plus when I have this stuff on I don't pick as much. You can put it anywhere you have dry skin. I also put it on my feet and I've noticed a difference. You really don't need a lot of product either so the tub will last you quite a while. Oh yeah, it smells absolutely divine. I can't keep my nose out of the tub. really! Love this product. Burt's Bees also has a wonderful cuticle cream that isn't as expensive though. I think this product is around $14... :(

on 7/2/2010 6:09:00 PM

This does so much more than keep cuticles moist! It's great on cracked, dry heels/elbows, keeps sweaty palms from being stinky, and soothes bug bites. Plus the scent is divine. Lasts forever!

on 6/17/2010 5:19:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Ugh, this product is so awesome!
I don't own it yet because it's so expensive (for me at least. $15 dollars for cuticle butter..?) but it'll totally be worth it. I tried it out in the store and it turned my dry cuticles into awesomeness. I love it. And yeah, it smells like lemon, but the smell doesn't last long.
So much better than lotion. Can't even say how amazing it is. Worked on my friend too.
Edit: I can't rave enough how much I love this. A pot has lasted me about a year.

on 6/10/2010 8:44:00 AM

I have really bad dry feet, toes, cuticles, and this is a miracle for my skin. It is a heavy butter and is for people who really need this type of product. If you don't need a miracle and only have slightly dry skin problems I wouldn't recommend it, but it works for the hopeless and I am in that category myself. I will not live without it EVER!! The smell was something I had to get used to but now I find myself applying it even if I don't need to because I am addicted to the smell now. The price is steep at 15 dollars and by how much I have been using it it may not last as long as I want it to. But for those who will just use it as needed this will last a long time because you only need a tiny amount. The consistency is like a whipped butter but thick and creamy. Some complain of it being greasy but that is why it works so well is because it acts as a protector as well as a treatment. I use it on my lips too and it is great.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love lemon scents but this was awful. I could bot get over the smell of it and only used it a couple of times. What a waste of money.

on 5/24/2010 10:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm a big fan of lemony smells and this hit the mark for me. It smells like lemon Pez candy - yum! This stuff packs a powerful punch as you only need a tiny bit to seriously moisturize your skin. I use this on my cuticles, elbows, ankles, and heels... but best of all on my lips - feels SO divine! I like to put it on before bed and I wake up feeling soft and lovely. I will definitely repurchase again, although it will be a while - a little goes a long way and this should last me months.

Video Reviews & Tutorials