LUSH Lemony Flutter

4.2

Quantitative Ingredients * Fresh Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), * Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), * Beeswax (Cera alba), * Lanolin, * Soya Oil (Glycine Soja), * Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), * Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), * Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), * Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, * Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), * Perfume, * Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), * Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), * Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), * Tagettes Oil (Tagetes glandulifera), * Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), * Sodium Borate, * Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), * *Citral, * Geraniol, * *Citronellol, * *Limonene, * *Linalool, * Methylparaben, * Propylparaben.

on 10/8/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This is by far the best cuticle balm I have tried. It does everything it says it will do plus more. The product is a yellowish beige in color and has a citrus/lemon like smell. I use it on my elbows and heels as well. A little goes a long way. It can be very greasy so I just wipe the excess off after a while. I recently introduced it to the hubby and he loved it as well.

on 9/30/2010 11:36:00 AM

To date, this is the best cuticle hydrating product I have purchased. Previously, I tried different brands of cuticle oil and found them sloppy to apply with seemingly minimal penetration into the skin. Lemony Flutter is certainly better on these two counts - it is a rich, thick cream that applies easily without running and absolutely soaks into the skin. The scent is lemon with a little sweetness and I feel like I'm pampering myself every time I use it! The only thing that prevents me from giving this product a 5 is that it remains greasy for some time after application. Though not runny like cuticle oils, I still have to be careful what I touch so as not to get grease all over, so for this reason I only apply the product at bedtime. I wake up with soft, moisturized cuticles, though, so overall I definitely recommend this product!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Now this is what a cuticle butter should do! It is extremelly effective and it lasts and lasts. It smells like Lemon Pledge and works so well it is worth it despite that!

on 9/27/2010 11:30:00 AM

i use this product at night for my cuticles and it works great. i love it

on 9/22/2010 5:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am in love with this product! It does such a great job of moisturizing my cuticles, but I have also used it all over my hands and feet when they are feeling extra dry and it works amazingly for that purpose as well. Dry knuckles? No problem!

I love the smell of the product, but I love the smell of lemon, so this was a no brainer for me. The scent of this is pure lemon, fresh and bright. Possibly more lemony than any product I have ever smelled. Not artificial at all.

Will totally be using this forever.

on 9/15/2010 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product. A little goes a long way and it lasted me a year. I used it primarily for my cuticles and it works quickly and right away. Also works really well on elbows, lips, knees and feet. For those who do not like strong lemon scents, it won't be pleasing, but I like it. It is probably one of the best hand creams I have tried because it does an excellent job of fighting the hangnails and dry areas. Definitely a repurchase.

on 8/31/2010 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I will buy this for life!!! For the first time in 20 years, I no longer have to cut off my cuticles. They're completely healthy from using Lemony Flutter a few times a day. No more hangnails either. A tiny bit is all you need and it sinks in almost instantly.

on 8/25/2010 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fantastic product that has so many uses . My cuticles are horrifically dry and almost nothing helps. I hate oils because I can't stand the greasy feel so I had sort of given up.

Within 2 days of using this I noticed an improvement that lasted beyond when the cream was on. I initially used it 3-4 times a day then realised that it was doing such a good job I cut back to twice a day. I use it mostly in conjunction with Handy Gurugu, as I do find it a little thick feeling and this balances it out nicely. I've also used this as a foot cream regularly - it does an amazing job on softening any dry, hard or flakey skin.

I can imagine a lot of people would be put off by the scent. It is very lemony, and I agree with the reviewer who mentioned it was like a Lemon Pez. I think it's a cross between that and lemon curd and personally I absolutely love it. I don't get any undertone to it as one person mentioned, but smell is a really personal thing so just be wary of that before buying. I would also prefer if it did not have parabens in it, however it is really the only product that's ever worked for me so I'm overlooking that for now.

You need such a small amount, and the shelf life is 14 months, so I have no doubt that you'll start finding other uses for this cream as time goes on so that you don't waste any!

on 8/8/2010 6:29:00 AM

I bought this cuticle butter after reading good reviews on it. I think the product is really fantastic, but (and there is a but!) I don't think it's perfect.

It does the job beautifully, it is rich, creamy and keeps my cuticles in top shape.
I do however find the smell a bit offputting. It's lemony, but it also has a slightly nasty undertone, like tar or something - I can't quite put my finger on it.
Also, Lush in my opinion is pretty pricey, and for what you pay, and for a product that is supposedly natural and full of goodness, I find it surprising that it contains parabens. The rest of the ingredients are really yummy, so I think this is such a shame.

Regardless of the drawbacks I would most likely buy it again, at least until I find something that I like more.

I've been using this stuff for a few days and I love it. I suffer from incredibly dry hands that crack and bleed around my fingers (also because I'm a picker). I rub this stuff into my fingers before nighttime and already after only 3 nights of using it, my fingers look 10 times better. Plus when I have this stuff on I don't pick as much. You can put it anywhere you have dry skin. I also put it on my feet and I've noticed a difference. You really don't need a lot of product either so the tub will last you quite a while. Oh yeah, it smells absolutely divine. I can't keep my nose out of the tub. really! Love this product. Burt's Bees also has a wonderful cuticle cream that isn't as expensive though. I think this product is around $14... :(

Video Reviews & Tutorials