April 19, 2014 | 1025 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by micacat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this based on the positive reviews on Sephora and because I was looking for a new cleanser for my normal/dry, acne-prone skin. I second all the reviewers who said 1) this is nothing special, in fact the gel texture seems slightly drying than my Aveda cleanser I switched to, and 2) the smell (supposingly of cucumbers) is really bad. Frankly, it smells sour or something. Whether or not it aggravated my acne, I can't say for sure since I've been battling hormonal acne lately, but for those two reasons alone, plus the pretty high price tag, I definitely think there is something better out there. Hope this helps!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

i gave this one a try and found it totally unremarkable except for the smell, which i really did not like. it smelled like the cleanser was on the verge of going bad, which is not what i want to be thinking as im washing my face. on the plus side, it doesnt foam up like crazy and wasnt drying, and so it felt very nice and silky on my skin. but again, it doesnt really do anything. if i wanted a cleanser this basic, i would save myself the money and buy a bottle of cetaphil, which does basically the same thing and smells better to boot and is way cheaper. overall, not the best that fresh has to offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by valgal20

I love this cleanser! My skin dries out easily so I have to be careful when I try something new. It smells nice, rinses easily and takes off all of my make-up. It doesn't burn my eyes either, bonus! While it's expensive I find that I only need a very small amount so a tube lasts forever. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

So. mediocre. I got a sample of this from being a Sephora beauty insider (yay for 100 points!), and I now really regret choosing it out of the other samples. It smells like cucumbers to me--it's fragrant-free apparently. Anyway, the cleanser does not do much, but take off all my makeup. Otherwise, it's really mediocre. And I think it's making me break out?? I rarely ever break out from products, but I believe this one caused a few zits on my cheek to emerge. Don't waste your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by katiequack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG! I love this stuff. Smells like nothing, rinses easily, and keeps my combo skin under control. It does not overdry. I follow with Kheil's superfacial toner and fresh face balm for dry skin, and unless I have my period, I don't get any zits. Kind of expensve, that's really the only thing I don't like about it. Also, SkinDeep rates it as somewhat harmful... which is unexpected.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2009 12:09:00 PM More reviews by calisummer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After several weeks of using this product, I came back to modify my review. I first got a sample of this free with my “Beauty Insider” Sephora card. I did not like the smell at all - it reminded me of the cucumber sauce that comes with Thai takeout food. But after using the product, I noticed that it was just gentle enough to leave my skin soft, but yet left my face feeling truly clean and fresh, and took the makeup off as well. After continuing to use it, I finally sucked it up and bought the full size product. I find it *slighty* more drying than moisturizing, but any cleanser I have used that is more gentle has not really "cleansed" my face or taken my makeup off and I would always be using an oil of olay daily facial wipe to get the rest off. So this cleanser by Fresh really seems to be the perfect PH balance for my skin, making it literally feel clean and fresh without being too harsh or drying. I just use a good moisturizer when I finish my skin care routine and overall I am very pleased with the product. I don't *love* the smell but I don't really even notice it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by willy56

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many cleansers but always have this on hand. What I like the most is you can use this in eye area -on lids without any stinging or irratation to eye . Very gentle. Great for dry, sensitive skin. I have been using this 8 months now. Only a dab is needed and the tube will last 3 months.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by raissanina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm back to this after swearing it was too expensive for regular use. It really is a lovely cleanser, with a wonderful cucumber-y smell. It's not strong enough to remove my eye makeup, but it does leave my combination and skin velvety and balanced (even the facialist said so on my last visit).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great product - gets rid of face and eye makeup (not waterproof) and leaves skin feeling great. I will not get this again, however, because the smell is horrible! It's meant to smell like cucumbers, but really smells like grim death. Consider yourself warned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this out at the Fresh store yesterday, and I really loved it, but it is pretty pricy for one tube for $38. My skin felt great after using - not at all dry or stripped like it can sometimes. I really loved the smell of it, and could see myself using this if it weren't quite so expensive. I think I'll keep looking for something a little more reasonable.