January 26, 2015 | 1880 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2010 2:00:00 AM More reviews by mimimachine

The main (and recurring) reason I do not buy Fresh products is their massive overpricing. I got this as a sample from Sephora and there is absolutely nothing in this that is worth the extremely high price tag. This is a cleanser and the idea of washing my money down the drain--literally--is just stupid. I will spend money on treatments and creams but not a cleanser. For the price, I expect something extraordinary and this is really nothing more than a decent cleanser. It did remove my waterproof mascara and didn't dry out my skin. I felt clean and makeup free after using it but there was no difference between this and any cleanser from L'Oreal or Olay. Don't waste your money. Not worth it. I refuse to pay the ridiculous prices that Fresh has set for their products. With the rate they are going, I'm surprised they're not out of business.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by BEjunkie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

How I wish a full sized bottle of this stuff wasn't 35 dollars! I initially bought this face cleanser to be used with my Clarisonic after I bought the MASSIVE fail that was the Clinique Gentle Face Cleanser (Step 1 of the 3 step system.) This cleanser is everything I wish Cetaphil would have been. Everything I wish Philosophy's Purity Made Simple would have been.
It's gentle, foams very little, and even removes (gasp!) my mascara! I use just a pea sized amount, spread it all over my face, and then wash with my Clarisonic for one minute. Amazingness! I don't know if it's the Clarisonic or the face cleanser or a combination of both, but my skin has never looked more vibrant, felt so soft and generally just been...clean. I have never felt dry or overwashed using it. It's literally just right!
The other day, I heard my husband in the shower using HIS Clarisonic and he goes, "Wow...this Fresh face soap has a nice smell to it!" So if the hubby approves, well...why don't you own this by now?

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2010 5:35:00 PM More reviews by wonderbuy

If this was $20 cheaper, I would buy it on an ongoing basis and give it one more star. At the current price, I donít think itís that remarkable for me to justify the price since many other cleansers do the same thing for less. In fact, this is very similar to Cetaphil in terms performance and texture. I still prefer purity made simple but I would say performance is on par. I dislike the smell of this, everything from this line tends to smell of off cucumbers. You also need to use a bit more since it tends to disappear with make up, oil and dirt. There is very little foam and doesnít dry you out. If you have the money to splurge and dislike purity made simple, you may like this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by bricorsska

This cleanser is amazing used with my clarisonic! My pores have shrunk a ton. I have tried many cleansers with my clarisonic but this by far has worked the best. Its so gentle, smells wonderful and a little goes a long way

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by glassydream

I completely forget the reason why I bought this, but I think I might have been looking for a gentle cleanser. If so, this is IT. This cleanser is amazingly gentle and leaves my skin feeling moisturized. It does not strip the skin, and even putting it on feels amazing.

You really only need a pea-sized amount of it. Despite how ridiculously expensive it is, just a little bit can go a long way. If you use a lot of it, it'll kind of feel nasty on your face anyway. It has a sort of cold, slimy texture, exactly why shouldn't use too much of it.

As for its claims to be extra gentle for the eyes, I don't really know. For moisture, I couldn't really tell, but I swear using this for two months made my bottom lashes grow! I don't know if my upper lashes grew or not, but really, my bottom lashes almost doubled in length, like a couple of centimeters. It also removes eye makeup decently, but I still need to use another make-up remover to remove all of my eye make-up (waterline and smudgies).

It smells like cucumber and that was one of the reasons I fell in love with it at first. It doesn't smell chemical-y at all, it smells very fresh (no pun intended). It's really a great cleanser--gentle, effective, and moisturizing. It was really a treat every day to cleanse with it, and my face felt great after cleansing.

I really like it but I probably wouldn't repurchase because I want a cleanser specifically for acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/7/2010 6:40:00 PM More reviews by socalwahine

So I'm a big The Hills/The City fan and think Whitney is a natural beauty. I read that she uses Fresh Soy Face Wash and Cream, so I figured why not give this a try. I just started Retin-A Micro and my usual Burt Bee's Acne Cleanser was too painful to use. I bought the smaller size of the cleanser at Sephora. I love the consistency of the product, and my face felt so clean afterwards without feeling dry. It was super gentle, and I could feel dirt being lifted away. But after one week, I noticed some new red bumps. I am not sure if it is b/c of the Retin-A causing the initial breakout or the face wash not working. I will keep updating, but for now, this will be a keeper. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by caarlyntryl

I've been using Fresh Soy Face Cleanser for about two years now, and it is still my main cleanser. I do alternate sometimes, but use this at least once a day. When they say that you only need a pea sized amount of this product, they mean it - a small bit goes a long way. The cleanser applies smoothly and gives a nice clean finish. I've found it to be just a bit drying for my skin, hence the occasional alternate cleanser, but it removes makeup well and leaves clean skin.

I think Fresh is a pretty nifty idea, but you pay for the novelty. I believe this cleanser is $38, which is more than I would like to pay, but it works.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by wetbandit42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an okay cleanser, but it's nothing special. The performance certainly doesn't justify the ridiculous price. I have combo/acne-prone skin, and this didn't make my face feel clean enough. It didn't remove my mascara either, but I guess on the plus side it didn't leave my skin feeling dry. I also dislike the way this smells (like fake cucumbers). I would definitely not repurchase this, and if you want to try it, I would recommend getting a sample from Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by jly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best face wash I've ever used. It has a very natural, soft fragrant. It's super gentle. It removes my makeup (not mascara, I have makeup remover for that!). I don't have to use a whole lot to get the clean feeling, and best of all, it doesn't make my skin feel dry (I have fairly dry skin). My only complaint is that it's a little pricey, but that obviously hasn't stopped me from buying it again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by honeyandsweets

Okay, first thing, this stuff smells awesome. Not too chemically-clean, neither is it too fake floral. Just awesome, and, well, Fresh! As for the actual quality of the product, I was very impressed with how gentle it is. Like the packaging says, you can even use it around your eyes with no irritation. It also claims to take off makeup, but I noticed there was still a little concealer left after a good scrubdown with this stuff. Because of that as well as the extortionist price (my main cleanser is Philosophy's Purity Made Simple- that stuff is expensive at $20 for an 8 oz bottle, and this stuff is $38 for a little over 5 oz!), I have to take off a lippie. If the price wasn't so steep I might purchase this regularly, but I just don't think that the product itself is special enough to warrant the ridiculous price tag.