November 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by honeyandsweets

Okay, first thing, this stuff smells awesome. Not too chemically-clean, neither is it too fake floral. Just awesome, and, well, Fresh! As for the actual quality of the product, I was very impressed with how gentle it is. Like the packaging says, you can even use it around your eyes with no irritation. It also claims to take off makeup, but I noticed there was still a little concealer left after a good scrubdown with this stuff. Because of that as well as the extortionist price (my main cleanser is Philosophy's Purity Made Simple- that stuff is expensive at $20 for an 8 oz bottle, and this stuff is $38 for a little over 5 oz!), I have to take off a lippie. If the price wasn't so steep I might purchase this regularly, but I just don't think that the product itself is special enough to warrant the ridiculous price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 6:30:00 PM More reviews by Aprilloo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product. I have dry and sensitive skin, so most cleansers I used made my face feel dry or uncomfortable. However this one does not most of time! It is expensive but a little goes a long way, so if you do not use your cleanser multiple times a day, I suggest you buy the smaller package to get fresher products. However I am still in search of cleansers with better scent and even more moisturizing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 9:04:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this out of a whim. This winter I have dry skin right now (with acne....bummer) and I need a gentle cleanser for night time. I was using Murad cleansing milk, and I didnt see it at sephora. So I decided to pick this up. This is similar to Purpose liquid soap, but its superior. This fresh cleanser was gentle, didnt sting, and I loved that it washed away all my makeup. This is not overly foamy so it doesnt dry out my skin. Most foam based cleansers make my skin feel tight. I do like it because its a better alternative to cleansing milk.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2009 10:28:00 AM More reviews by Nonfiction

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample in a order from Sephora. I like the scent and it does not leave a weird film or residue on my face. It is very expensive, so I should use less than dime and/or a drop per use.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2009 9:11:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the smell of this but you need to use quite a lot of it to work up any lather...which I need in a face wash. Also, it wasn't particularly good at removing eye makeup; I consistently woke up the next morning with raccoon eyes. All in all, though I'm a sucker for the packaging and scents of Fresh, I'll stick with my drugstore Olay face wash.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by cindel25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a new Cleanser. I used it tonight and so far so good. I didn't smell anything; cucumber or herbal but maybe that's just me. It was gel like and it did not leave my face so dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2009 3:49:00 PM More reviews by wleatherette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this has become a staple product for me. it's the only cleanser i've found that removes makeup but doesn't leave my skin dried out, and it's pretty concentrated. the only drawback is the price. even thought you don't need to use much, $38 before tax is still a bit steep.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by laurenmt

I got a sample of this to see if it was worth it. It does remove the makeup, but it reminds me of Purity from Philosophy. I felt clean and a little too moisturized after using this, so I felt that I had to wash again. Not my cup of tea. I like the foamy cleaning washes. Nice for those barely made up days though..whenever that is.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 3:00:00 AM More reviews by SofieZ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser definitely removes makeup, though not waterproof mascara. It's also very gentle on my sensitive skin. At first, I found the cucumber scent disgusting. But, after a while, I got used to it. I like that the cleanser is a gel with no lather. I can use this morning and night without my skin getting mumps or redness. Overall, lovely product, but I will be trying out other less expensive cleansers.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

I'm not huge on Fresh products. I find them to be overpriced and only mildly pleasing. I was drawn to this cleanser because of the inclusion of soy in the ingredients. Soy is really good for the skin and the balance of its pigment. This is a makeup removing cleanser and it's suprisingly light and rather watery for something that claims to remove makeup. It comes in a white tube you have to squeeze and when it comes to liquid cleansers, I prefer they come in a pump top bottle. The cleanser itself is completely clear. I squeezed about a quarter sized dollop into my palm and began washing my makeup laden face. I was immediately stricken by the lack of lather. The nonexistence of lather would be a better way to put it. I think I'm simply used to a cleanser lathering up, which is likely the underlying reason for my not liking this cleanser's inability to lather. It actually did a fairly good job at removing my makeup. However, I don't believe that it did anything more than that. My skin itself did not feel clean. It had simply gotten rid of my makeup. You're going to have to follow using this with your regular cleanser or soap to get your skin clean. Also the smell was bizarrely nice. I didn't know whether I liked it or not. It smells akin to the soap in dispensers in a bathroom of a really swanky bar or restaurant. That kind of bathroom soap lathers, but if it didn't, I would seriously suspect Fresh was selling it off as a "Soy Cleanser", haha.