Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

I love this for removing my makeup and cleansing my skin at the same time. It works great to remove 99% of my waterproof liner and mascara and it is also very gentle. Leaves me feeling clean but not that squeaky clean stripped feeling. A little goes a long way so one tube lasts forever. It is kind of a slimy sort of feeling but I don't mind at all. I always go back to this cleanser!

I loved how fresh this product smelled but it was a goopy sort of gel that didnt seem to do much at all for my skin. It didnt get rid of acne and didnt clean my skin so well when used in conjunction with my clarisonic. Very expensive for something that didnt seem to do anything.

This cleanser didn't work at all for me. I didn't like the feel of it on my skin...thick and almost no foam. It seemed to leave some kind of "film" on my skin, in a bad way, and I didn't feel clean, After using it twice, my chin started breaking out terribly., This may work for some, but on my dry, rather sensitive skin, it was a no go.

The smell of this cleanser is strange and not very appealing. It doesn't foam up very much as muich as I'd like my cleansers to. However, it's is very gentle on the eyes and does not burn when you take your eye make up off. It leaves my skil moisturized and helps remove make up with out drying.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the small size ($15) to try it out. A mild cleanser for sensitive skin. Does not dry my skin out, but does not help to reduce the redness on my cheeks. Downside is the smell, which has a cucumber smell which i dislike. I may buy it again but most likely will keep to my clarins cleanser.

This is a truly wonderful product. It is nearly impossible to find a cleanser that meets my requirements, and this does - exceeded expectations in fact.
Basically, I look for a cleanser that will clean (some leave a film or just don't clean my pores!) while not stripping the skin (most cleansers leave my skin tight, dry, with white patches after using a while.) My cleanser also must be SLS free, and it's a huge plus if it will actually remove makeup.
Well the Fresh Soy Cleanser does all of this! this makes it valuable indeed, though I'm not happy about the $38 price tag...a little excessive, but I haven't found something that leaves my skin looking and feeling this good, except for a Bioelements cleanser that's the same price anyway. If you look at the ingredient list, it has some very good ingredients, so that counts for something!
this is also great for travel because I can just take this one cleanser instead of taking a morning cleanser and then a separate cleanser for evening for makeup removal -this does both, AND doesn't dry out my skin! A lot of people complain about the scent - I don't mind it at all -it smells just like fresh cucumbers.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

SUPER perfect for DAILY cleanser. ( sooo mild , making my skin soft)

- not suitable for removing thick make-up , you should use EXTRA eye makeup remover. so i give 4 stars

i'm gonna use it as my daily cleanser.
this one is much smoother than "philosophy purity" cleanser and works as much as purity.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

When I didn't wear makeup everyday, this cleanser was great. It is gentle enough for daily use and doesn't cause dryness, flaking, or redness on my cheeks. I didn't like the soy/cucumber smell at first; it made me gag the first few times I used it. But, after a while I got used to it and happily went through three bottles.

Now that I wear makeup everyday, this cleanser is not great. I do not wear foundation or powder, only eyebrow powder, bronzer, and blush. Obviously, I can't expect this to take off waterproof mascara or eye makeup. However, it definitely doesn't take off blush, bronzer, or eyebrow powder. My pores remain clogged with cosmetics... boo... and my cotton ball/pad of toner is always dirty after using the cleanser.

If you don't wear makeup, this cleanser is wonderful. If you do, this will not do.

Got this cleaners originally as a sample from Sephora. However, my review will give reasons as to why I actually bought a tube. I currently was using Aveeno's Positively Radiant makeup removing cleaners (wth soy) which is amazing, but then my face started acting up (not the cleanser I was using) as I have eczema and I needed something more gentler. I first went to get Spectro gel cleaner but it stung my face and so did the Cetaphil cleaners. I remembered that I tried the Fresh cleanser and that it was very gentle. So I decided I would fork over $17.50 Cnd for a 50ml tube. I hav to say this cleaners did not sting my very dry sensative skin. It was actually soothing and did a great job of cleaning without drying my skin! As much as I love my Aveeno cleanser, for right now Fresh Soy Cleaners is really catering to the needs of my sensative and dry skin at the moment. For thoes who need a very gentle cleanser (even gentle on the eyes) this would be a good choice. It is not a foaming cleanser, it has a gel texture to it. Also yes it has a strong scent, that isn't perfumey but more organic. It takes a while to get use to. It is expensive for a small bottle, but if you have problem skin like mine, it is worth the money, rather than buying several other cleansers that sting.

Update Dec. 2010, I repurchased this in the larger tube at $40. I really love it and compared to the tiny $17 bottle, your get more for your money in the larger tube.