Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

3.7

Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus (Cornflower) Flower Water, Coco Glucoside, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Peg-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Xanthan Gum, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Germ Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Rose Flower Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Peg-40 Sorbitan Peroleate, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Methylparaben, Sodium Propylparaben, Polysorbate 20, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Peg-35 Castor Oil, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, BHA, BHT.

on 9/25/2010 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was glad to have the chance to try Fresh's cleanser. However, it's not worth it to me at all. I'll go back to my MAC Cleanse Off Oil as soon as I can! I was hoping to find something that was easier to travel with than an oil cleanser, that offered me the same benefits... but I guess not! There were things, though, that I liked about this product.

I am very impressed by the texture. I don't like foaming cleansers, and I have very sensitive skin that will throw a fit with many synthetic ingredients. I'm not saying that Fresh is "all natural" (it isn't) but it is entirely free of my known personal irritants. It is also not pumped full of preservatives or nasty things.

The infamous smell is actually quite pleasant to me. It's a very strong, herbal cucumber scent. It's extremely botanical and not artificial in the least! I think it's relaxing and unique.

I find that this product removes all of my makeup. Mind you, I do not wear very much, so I can't speak for its effectiveness concerning industrial-strength cleaning! My skin is not stripped after use and it is supple and bright, but not oily. There's no residue, which some reviewers have mentioned. Generally speaking my skin and body love soy, so maybe my face is just happy that I'm using something with high doses of soy in it...

The main reason why I'm rating this down is because of the price, but frankly, I could find some other drugstore cleanser that would do the exact same thing this one does. Maybe it wouldn't have all the nice ingredients, but seriously- how long is a traditional cleanser on your face? I do leave the Cleanse-Off Oil on for a long time, but that's because it has quite a few things in it that are very good for your skin! The Fresh Soy Cleanser just isn't enough of a miracle for me to spend all this money on it.

I'll be returning it as soon as I can get to my local Sephora. I want my 15.00 back so I can have a nice, fancy lunch! =)

on 8/20/2010 10:14:00 AM

I love love love this stuff! i got a free sample at sephora and it got me hooked! bought a fullsize bottle and LOVED IT! completely cleared up my skin. I ran out of the stuff last week and since then my face has been breaking out big time! Need to get another bottle asap! I love that the smell is so organic and not perfumed. It really does take off all your makeup, even hard to remove mascara! This stuff is amazing. A bit pricey, but worth it for awesome looking skin!

on 8/5/2010 2:55:00 PM

I tried this because it's billed as "extra gentle for face and eyes." Since my face was already broken out badly, I don't know whether it would cause a breakout or not, but it certainly didn't calm my skin.

It didn't matter, I wouldn't use it again: the smell was simply off-putting. In addition, the feel of the gel was yucky--the stickiness bordered on slimy feeling.

The only good part: It didn't leave my face feeling dry.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

There are many things I love about this cleaner. The packaging is very simple and sleek, although something with a pump top might be a little more practical, the flip top doesn't prove to be an issue for me. It has a very earthy, kind of plant like smell to it, but it's not to perfumed. It is very gentle but still very cleansing. My only complaint is that it doesn't lather as much as I would like. The price tag is also a little steep for me, but the product is worth it.

on 7/12/2010 2:53:00 PM

other than the price..i think this is the best cleanser i've ever used! but it is ur cleanser, toner and make-up remover all in one! Its very gentle on the skin but still removes all the dirt and grime on ur face at nite!

on 7/10/2010 8:50:00 PM

I will use this for as long as they keep making it!! It's gentle and takes off EVERYTHING. Makeup melts as soon as it touches this stuff. The formula is very similar to Philosophy's Purity Made Simple except this has better ingredients and has improved my skin. You have to try it to really fall in love with it. Writing about it doesn't do it justice. The smell, the feel...just thinking about it makes me want to go wash my face!!!

on 6/30/2010 2:40:00 PM

For me, it's one of the best basic cleansers out there. Has great slip and leaves my face very clean. Removes my mineral sunscreen and most makeup though it has trouble with eye makeup sometimes. It doesn't irritate my skin or break me out. Nor does it dry my skin. However, the scent is kind of gross, and the price tag is too high for what it is. I will keep a bottle around to use some of the time, but still looking for that amazing, HG cleanser.

on 6/29/2010 4:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I wanted something gentle since I have sensitive skin. This never overdries my skin. I use it in my morning routine. Since I also have oily skin, I use a more heavy duty cleanser at night. It doesn't foam up much but a little goes a long way. I use only a small amount, between the size of a pea and a dime. I spread it on my skin with a little water and massage for 30 sec. and leave it on for 1 min, and rinse well with lukewarm water. It leaves my skin feeling nice and soft and I also like the smell (very organic. makes me feel energized in the morning!).

It is not a miracle acne product in my opinion. I already have a pretty good routine for my skin and this cleanser does well in cleaning up makeup or for the mornings but it doesn't do much for preventing pimples but it hasn't made my skin any worse. This cleanser is great if you are looking for a gentle cleanser. Other gentle cleansers like Cetaphil did not take off makeup well and this cleanser at least does that well.

It is obviously really expensive. That is the biggest con for me. I couldn't even really find much cheaper online either... I just bought the travel sized version and I make it last by using a little (which is fine) and using only in the mornings.

on 6/23/2010 2:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've waited to try this for so long & I am a bit irritated. Yes it's gentle but maybe too gentle for me. I wish i didn't throw away the box. Guess i will use it since I can't return it. Maybe I will change my mind?

on 6/22/2010 5:15:00 PM

I was so excited to try this product but it severly disappointed. First it is expensive, purpose is much cheaper. 2nd the tube is awful so you end up getting way more product than you need. 3rd it did not take off my make up even a bit. 4th the smell is funny and I really like strange smells. 5th the only reason it got a 2 is because it did not break me out. Otherwise, I have normal combo skin with no breakouts and I would never recommend this to anyone... even though it does have pretty packaging.