September 19, 2014 | 1203 users online

Cleansers - Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2009 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bunkerkitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried a sample of this cleanser after struggling to find something that didn't make my sensitive skin break out.
Not only did it not make my skin break out, it helped to clear up all the little bumps on my skin after 3 weeks of use!

I find the texture is very runny, so you don't need much. I don't mind the smell, but boy is this cleanser pricey! $48!
Mind you, it will last a long time seeing as the sample I got last me through 3 weeks and then some.

I love that it removes mascara and eye makeup, and that you don't need a toner. Amazing product, just a bit of a pocketbook shock.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:21:00 PM More reviews by chrisanthium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

has anyone checked the ingredients? wayy too many preservatives in this! I'm ok with one or two... but this has every one on the list! yea sure, there is soy but also METHYPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, BHT, BHA, SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM PROPYLPARABEN.
no thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2009 3:05:00 AM More reviews by happeetooth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a bit pricey. I found this product by fate.. :) I was just looking for some lip gloss while traveling in San Fran..and I saw the store.. walked in there to look for some lip balm and I was SOLD. The products smell really nice, FRESH, and clean. I ended up buying the cleanser and moisturizer..and of course my lip gloss (which is really really good also! will definitely by different colors). This cleanser removes all my eye make up with ease, better than the baby oil I use. It leaves my face a bit dry though. But I love it. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2009 9:05:00 PM More reviews by qu1stis

I LOVE this. I previously was using the Philosophy face wash, but after awhile that broke me out. I got this as a deluxe sample from Sephora and my face became so much better with it!

It isn't drying to my face and it leaves my face feeling refreshed. It hasn't broken me out like other cleansers have as well.

About the scent - at first it was strange, but after awhile you get used to it and I really enjoy the scent now.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This just goes to show you how different people's tastes are and how hard it is to just buy things on others' recommendations. The previous reviewer hated the smell, and I bought this cleanser for the smell alone. To me it smells like crisp delicious cucumbers. A little goes a long way and removes all the dirt well. It does not actually take off eye makeup as well as eye makeup remover but that would have been too good to be true

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2009 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Joey2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The fragrance of this product is absolutely unbearable. I received a sample of this cleanser from Sephora. I was so excited to try this product, and it was the biggest disappointment. First, it didn't remove makeup worth a hoot, and the smell was so bad I could taste it. This caused my mascara to basically chip off into my eyes, rather than wash off properly. Right after I used my Purity Made Simple to clean up everything this overpriced tube of junk left, I threw the sample into the garbage and rush right over here to write this review. Try it at your own peril, but you've been warned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by micacat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this based on the positive reviews on Sephora and because I was looking for a new cleanser for my normal/dry, acne-prone skin. I second all the reviewers who said 1) this is nothing special, in fact the gel texture seems slightly drying than my Aveda cleanser I switched to, and 2) the smell (supposingly of cucumbers) is really bad. Frankly, it smells sour or something. Whether or not it aggravated my acne, I can't say for sure since I've been battling hormonal acne lately, but for those two reasons alone, plus the pretty high price tag, I definitely think there is something better out there. Hope this helps!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 6:31:00 PM More reviews by nakeeyark

i gave this one a try and found it totally unremarkable except for the smell, which i really did not like. it smelled like the cleanser was on the verge of going bad, which is not what i want to be thinking as im washing my face. on the plus side, it doesnt foam up like crazy and wasnt drying, and so it felt very nice and silky on my skin. but again, it doesnt really do anything. if i wanted a cleanser this basic, i would save myself the money and buy a bottle of cetaphil, which does basically the same thing and smells better to boot and is way cheaper. overall, not the best that fresh has to offer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by valgal20

I love this cleanser! My skin dries out easily so I have to be careful when I try something new. It smells nice, rinses easily and takes off all of my make-up. It doesn't burn my eyes either, bonus! While it's expensive I find that I only need a very small amount so a tube lasts forever. Great product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 10:18:00 PM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

So. mediocre. I got a sample of this from being a Sephora beauty insider (yay for 100 points!), and I now really regret choosing it out of the other samples. It smells like cucumbers to me--it's fragrant-free apparently. Anyway, the cleanser does not do much, but take off all my makeup. Otherwise, it's really mediocre. And I think it's making me break out?? I rarely ever break out from products, but I believe this one caused a few zits on my cheek to emerge. Don't waste your money!