Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

on 4/19/2008 2:19:00 PM

I have very short, skimpy lashes. The story: when I was a newborn my mother was told that if she cut my lashes they would grow back thicker and longer. They never did!!
I've been using this for 4 months, not as consistently as I would like but 3- 4 times a week and it has made a dramatic difference in the length and thickness of my eyelashes. I've also noticed new eyelashes growing in where I previously had none. I cannot recommend this product enough!

I dont feel this makes my lashes grow much at all, but that said- it does work nice for me as a lash primer which makes my fav mascara work better, hold up longer, and look smooth and clump free. It also works nice as a conditioning treatment for my lashes and brows at night. Overall, a good, inexpensive product worth the $. If it made my lashes actually grow as the name suggests...it would be a 5!

on 4/11/2008 6:01:00 PM

Wow - I never realized how well this product works until I stopped using it for a few months!!! I noticed my eyelashes were falling out more often and looked shorter and more sparse. Needless to say I immediately ordered more online (can't get it in Canada). I order from www.madamemadeline.com/ for $3.40 per tube -- they also sell a variety of false lashes and adhesives for excellent prices.

From the product description: "a concentrated serum of multi-proteins that works to immediately repair weak lashes and restore thickness of over-tweezed or thinning brows. Added conditioners soften dry, brittle lashes enabling them to grow longer, thicker and fuller." I make sure to get it on the roots of my eyelashes when I apply--but be careful not to get it in your eye as it will sting. No irritation otherwise. I actually wear this instead of mascara most days to lengthen, curl and define - I use a lash tint as well. Also works as a mascara base on days I use mascara.

A real gem, and for less than 4 bucks you can't go wrong. UPDATE: Started using on a "bald spot" in my right eyebrow and it filled in right away.

on 4/9/2008 4:29:00 PM

After a mishap with a metal eye lash comb (scratched upper lid lash line-too much caffiene and was shaky) anyways, had a small area where I lost some lashes, and they were not growing back, After using this product for a week, I can definitely see a lot of improvement, the are has nearly filled in, overall fullness shown, no significant lenthening seen tho. For $4 from Drugstore.com, I would definitiely repurchase.

on 4/8/2008 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Yeah....Finally, a product that works AND is VERY, VERY affordable. A rarity, to say the least. I don't know if it truly *accelerates* lash/brow growth but it does seem to keep the hair you have conditioned and works to condition the skin, as well, encouraging both less hair loss and healthier regrowth. Also, it seems to work as almost a clear mascara or primer. This allows my lashes to hold a curl for a longer period of time and replaces my brow fixative. Overall a GREAT product that has simplified my beauty routine - saving me valuable time and money!!!!!!
P.S. Another reviewer mentioned the "Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract", which is a fancy name for Peony Root Extract. I don't know about stimulating regrowth but it does have antibacterial/fungal properties. Certain types of skin conditions relating to dry skin, especially on or near mucous membranes, can be caused by mild inflammation which is, in turn, caused by bacteria/fungii - usually, normal flora that we all have growing on us that can "flare up" around sensitive areas. I would imagine that the conditioning oils + this antibacterial are what make the product so effective.

on 4/7/2008 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I have been using this on and off for a good two years now...i mainly put it on my brows and I get a lot of compliments on my eyebrows. Definitely fills in sparse brows...I bet it would work better if I used it every night.

Works great on brows! I read somewhere that the ingredient Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract stimulates hair follicles and promotes growth somehow. But I would imagine if you've plucked so much that the follicles are very damaged that this wouldn't work. I've had great success with continual use of this for my brows. Great product. Sometimes I think that I get a vial that isn't quite as "fresh" as it needs to be to produce results and so I don't get as much "brow growth acceleration" with it unless I try to pick out what seems to be a newer package. Quality control could obviously be a bit better, but what do you want for only $4! :) I also try to keep it out of the light as much as possible in case that has a negative effect on the extract's efficacy. hth :)

on 4/1/2008 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I just re-brought this... it worked the first time I used it. So I went out last week saw it for under $4 bucks and brought it. Don't get this stuff in your eyes... stings!

on 3/27/2008 2:56:00 PM

I am on the fence about this one...the packaging is utilitarian...not cute but works just fine. The liquid itself is light and milky, and dries to be a bit tacky (but not uncomfortable) after a few minutes.

I bought this for around 5 bucks at my local CVS...I have naturally thick lashes, but am looking for more length, so I thought, what the heck? I have been using it every night after washing my face (as the package directs) for about a week, and my lashes seem softer but not overly long. However, I know this product takes some time, so I don't mind keeping it up (it's just one more quick step, after all)

As far as issues with lashes falling out, as some other reviewers have experienced, I have had no trouble. Like I said, my lashes seem stronger if anything. I am also really careful never to touch my face/lashes after washing my face though, so that might factor in...I'll give it some more time and then reevaluate :)

on 3/27/2008 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've only been using this product for 3 weeks and I am not exaggerating when I say that it already has made my lashes longer. Not sure if it's b/c it moisturizes and/or strengthens the lashes or what. But it's funny, I have been noticing my eyes looking so much nicer lately (without makeup) and it didn't occur to me that it might be b/c of this product. I just need to figure out how to apply to the roots. Right now I have been just jiggling the wand close to my roots for a second or two before sweeping up. I've used Talika before and this product works just we well so I saved myself a good 30 bucks!

Popular Lash Treatments