Ardell Brow & Lash Growth Accelerator Treatment Gel

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: Water (aqua), Paeonia Suffruticosa Extract, Panthenol, Polytetrafluoroethylene, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate Dicaprate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil (Castor), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin

on 6/6/2008 8:27:00 PM

Just a conditioner, no special ingredients. But very beneficial. and worth the $3.50 I spent. I used this on my sparse brows, to help regrow them. Thyroid disease thinned out my eyebrows, especially near the temples, and they never really grew back. It's been a few years, so I figured I'd try the Ardell. It worked like a nice brow gel. I noticed regrowth after 2 months of daily use. Now it is 4 months, and I have to go get my brows done, which I haven't had to do in years. There is more regrowth in the naturally thicker area near my nose, and only a little at the outer ends near my temples, but it is progress. I think they would have grown back anyway, but the conditioners kept the hair from becoming brittle (I wear sunscreen and m/u which don't help scraggly little brow hairs). The Ardell just helped the process along. I'm on my second tube, since I tossed my first one when it started to have a smell. Totally worth the price and I will repurchase.

on 6/4/2008 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

There are a number of products out there that promise to condition and lengthen lashes - Ardell, Mavala, Talika, Revitalash are just some of them. The difference in price between these products is almost breathtaking (Ardell is under $4; Revitalash up to $170 and Mavala and Talika somewhere in between). So far I have tried Ardell, Mavala and Talika. Initially I liked both Talika and Ardell, but they started to irritate my eyes after a few days. I couldn't keep Ardell on for long enough to figure out if it works...For a cheap-ish, non-irritating lengthener I would choose Mavala.

on 6/1/2008 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Overall rating: I gave this product a "2" because it did not do what it said it will do. I've been using it nightly for about 4 weeks now and have seen absolutely no change in my eyelashes re: length or number :-( However, I am willing to use up the tube I have and perhaps try one more tube just to make sure. Maybe I need to use it regularly for a longer period of time.
Price: Between $3 and $4, so very reasonable if it works but still a rip-off if it doesn't. YMMV.
Packaging: Standard mascara-type tube with wand applicator.
Would I buy again: Maybe. Please see text above. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

So I was really skeptical about this but gave in due to all the great reviews. I've been using it for exactly a week now and can already see the results. My lashes are definitely fuller. I didn't know if it was the actual product or if the wand stimulation that made the hairs grow. But i have the shooortest lashes in my upper inner corners of my eyes and i couldn't use the wand so i just applied the product with my fingers. What really convinced me is that those tiny hairs have grown!!
I don't like the brush because it feels like it hardly gets any product out. I always try to use a lot because I heard it goes bad pretty fast. The biggest con is that it stings if it gets in your eye!! I don't have a problem when applying but the next day i have to moisten a tissue and wipe it off first, otherwise it gets in my eyes when i shower.

Oh my GOSH it works. I have practically no lashes - I'm Asian with no double eye lid so my eyelashes get completely covered! I've only used this for three days and I see a clear difference. I can actually see my lower lashes now.. amazing.

on 5/5/2008 1:00:00 PM

At first I was a little wary of this product because I have sensitive eyes, and I was afraid that if I wore this product at night, it would have negative side effects. However, I caved and ended up amazed at the results. This product works wonders for length, but I'm not sure if it does anything for volume yet (I've only been using it for 1.5 weeks). My lashes are very straight, but since they have been getting longer, they have started to curl by themselves! proof that this product is working. Many people have mentioned the color changing in the tube, I think this is probably why they made the tube clear. I am going to toss this out and get a new one right when I see the color turn a little yellow.

on 5/4/2008 10:21:00 AM

I bought this based on the good reviews of this product. I have been using it for three months now. My lashes are thicker and I don't experience much lash fallout. Defnitely a thumbs up from me.

on 4/19/2008 2:19:00 PM

I have very short, skimpy lashes. The story: when I was a newborn my mother was told that if she cut my lashes they would grow back thicker and longer. They never did!!
I've been using this for 4 months, not as consistently as I would like but 3- 4 times a week and it has made a dramatic difference in the length and thickness of my eyelashes. I've also noticed new eyelashes growing in where I previously had none. I cannot recommend this product enough!

I dont feel this makes my lashes grow much at all, but that said- it does work nice for me as a lash primer which makes my fav mascara work better, hold up longer, and look smooth and clump free. It also works nice as a conditioning treatment for my lashes and brows at night. Overall, a good, inexpensive product worth the $. If it made my lashes actually grow as the name suggests...it would be a 5!

on 4/11/2008 6:01:00 PM

Wow - I never realized how well this product works until I stopped using it for a few months!!! I noticed my eyelashes were falling out more often and looked shorter and more sparse. Needless to say I immediately ordered more online (can't get it in Canada). I order from www.madamemadeline.com/ for $3.40 per tube -- they also sell a variety of false lashes and adhesives for excellent prices.

From the product description: "a concentrated serum of multi-proteins that works to immediately repair weak lashes and restore thickness of over-tweezed or thinning brows. Added conditioners soften dry, brittle lashes enabling them to grow longer, thicker and fuller." I make sure to get it on the roots of my eyelashes when I apply--but be careful not to get it in your eye as it will sting. No irritation otherwise. I actually wear this instead of mascara most days to lengthen, curl and define - I use a lash tint as well. Also works as a mascara base on days I use mascara.

A real gem, and for less than 4 bucks you can't go wrong. UPDATE: Started using on a "bald spot" in my right eyebrow and it filled in right away.

Top Rated Lash Treatments