August 22, 2014 | 1761 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blitz and Glitz

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2007 11:20:00 PM More reviews by ShoppingMommy

This is definitely my most reached for eyeliner. I have NW15-20 skin and brown eyes and this can be both neutral and dramatic, depending how heavily I put it on. I would not describe it as a striking black; it has enough gray in it to soften it a bit.

I wish that it had a bit more shimmer as the shimmer in the pan does not show up on me. However, it is still very pretty and the best black-ish eyeliner I have found.

Fluidliners, in general are the best e/l out there in my opinion. Once I tried them, I got rid of all my pencil liners. They go on so smoothly and are a great deal for the amount. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

blitz and glitz is described as having some shimmer, but unfortunately the shimmer does not show up on me at all. rather, this eyeliner shows up an extremely soft black, instead of a true, dramatic black, so for those of you looking for something a bit more forgiving, this may be for you. MAC fluidlines are usually my favorite eyeliners, so im a bit disappointed that blitz and glitz doesnt seem to have the staying power of rich ground (my favorite of the bunch). im returning this, as the color isnt bold enough, and the shimmer isnt noticeable enough, for me to hang onto it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by chicredress

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After one year using Blitz & Glitz I decided to add my review. I have owned at least a half-dozen Fluidlines that I swapped away; I only use Blitz & Glitz and Black Track now, and I use B&G most frequently. It is a black eyeliner for sure, but is slightly softer than BT, and more forgiving. It can also be burnished to become a slightly more shimmery brown-black. I am giving it 4 lippies to indicate that this is NOT totally smudgeproof for all people: if I put in near my lower lashline or want to create a mod look by lining the outside bottom lashline, I can count on it not lasting all day. However, on top, it does last pretty much until you take it off.
Now, the real reason I wanted to do this review is to talk about the brush I use. I use a Winsor & Newton Round Sable Watercolor brush 3/0 (000). I paid about $6 for the one I have but you can get them even cheaper (and more expensive too, there are many versions). You can get slightly thicker versions or ever finer (5/0) but I find the triple-zero perfect. Observe:

Which with a little practice, can get you this:

This photo was taken right after application; I checked before I took it off and it looked the same, about 7 hours later. Watercolor brushes are available in any art supply store, such as Pearl Paint or Utrecht. Some people say you can get them in "craft" stores too. Fluidlines in general make great cream shadows and shadow bases. I am not into brightly colored eyeliner for the most part which is why I stick to the basics. But Sweet Sage is a great green shadow for green-lovers, and they really stay where you put them when used this way. I have used B&G as a "wash" for a smokey look and it's fantastic. Overall, an item I cannot live without. The price of Fluidlines is also amazing for what they do-- $14? Too cheap, amazing price. And I have had this at least a year, and use it several times a week, and it *might* be half gone but the consistency has not changed at all. I do make sure to close it tightly. continued >>

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2007 6:57:00 PM More reviews by stilluneek

OMG!! I have found my holy grail liner....so so pleased! I adore this product, it is the first fluidline I've bought (and won't be the last lol)..I found it the easiest, smoothest and longest lasting of ANY liner I've ever used and most versatile. Just....glides....on!! Fluidlines will now become one of my MU staples....the only fault I can find is the price here in Australia, fluidlines cost $32 a pop...which I feel is way pricey...luckily there is a decent amount of product in each jar, which will probably expire before I get a chance to hit the bottom.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2007 3:44:00 PM More reviews by 011705

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What the hell happen to my Blitz & Glitz??????? I've had this for about a month and a half, and instead of it drying out, it actually has thinned out to the point where I have to repeatingly go over the line to get it all even. It turned.. runnyish? I don't know but I also own New weed, Dipdown, Macroviolet, and Graphic brown and this hasn't happen to those... maybe my marcoviolet but nothing like this one. It's a LOVELY freakin color. Black with gold specks.. though the specks aren't at all noticable on my eyes. *Sighs*

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2007 1:05:00 PM More reviews by checkered_lily

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is a bit more muted than Blacktrack. The gold shimmer is not obvious but does tone down the black. I'm not a huge fan of harsh blacks so I prefer this to Blacktrack. I love the the fluidlines and have rarely used my pencil liners since their release. They are easy to apply and stay on until you take them off. Great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by frackkat20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My Holy Grail of eyeliners. So, here's the story of how I discovered Blitz and Glitz. I was at the Bobbi Brown counter at Nordstroms. I was on the verge of purchasing Bobbi Brown's long-wear gel eyeliner. However, I always like asking if the employees actually use the products. My Bobbi Brown makeup lady uses MAC's Black Track Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel and said they worked identical. So, she sent me over to the MAC makeup counter and unfortunately, they were out of Black Track, so I purchased Blitz and Glitz which has silver flecks of glitter. Not being a fan of glitter, I was concerned by how much sparkle would show up in the liner, but it's barely visible.

I absolutely love it. This is my first gel liner. I've converted from Revlon's Colorstay pencil to gel. Fluidline's consistency is soft, smooth, and luxurious. I would describe it as swiping liquid silk on your lids. I use Sonia Kashuk's smudge brush, specifically, the collection that has the black handles.

Lesson learned, always ask the makeup lady what she prefers to use. Another incentive: MAC's liner was also $6 cheaper than Bobbi Brown's.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by CrimsonCountess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color with the slightest hint of shimmer. Of all the fluidlines I own, I use this one several times per week. It is definitely my go to color. For those that want a classic black with more to it - Blitz & Glitz is your color!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2006 12:47:00 PM More reviews by bex487

After hesitating between Blacktrack and Blitz & Glitz, I'm really glad I chose this. It's the perfect black shade for me. I can actually see the gold shimmer if I'm standing in the right light. If I want to deepen the color I apply MAC's Smolder pencil (deepest black) first and then sweep this over. I have been using this every day and love that it stays put for hours and hours.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by ginger9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My 1st fluidline and it changed my life forever. Before that I never wore eyeliner as my lid tends to crease very easily. I don't own blacktrack so I cannot compare but I have to say I love wearing my B&G f/l. I feel beautiful when I wear it and it lasts forever. I use a thinner line for a pretty, clean look and a thicker winged-out line when I want to look sexy :p Must try smudging like the other reviews have suggested!