April 20, 2014 | 1711 users online

Styling Products - TRESemme - Instant Heat Tamer Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Oh I love this stuff. I had used this years ago and hadn't continued use just because I was always wanting to try new products. I wish I'd stuck with it, I have a feeling my hair could have avoided a lot of dammage. It smells great, it's super inexpensive and it works! Who could ask for anything more?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:51:00 PM More reviews by Taylaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Meet my best friend.
Well seriously, this thing and I go hand-in-hand. I love this spray, it does exactly what it says it will. It leaves my hair silky smooth, shiny, and helps protect against heat, frizz, and split ends!
First let me get one thing straight - you've got to know how to use the product. You can't drown yourself in it. Obviously if you use too much, it leaves too much residue in your hair, takes longer to dry, and can be strongly scented. However too much of anything in your hair could turn out like this.
A little bit goes a long way. If you apply this appropriately - you get great results. It's not sticky, it doesn't take any time to dry, and it truly gives great results. I don't know what I was ever thinking touching my hair with heat appliances without this spray. This spray has done wonders for me, and has never left my dryish, wavy hair disappointed!
I highly recommend. Such a great price for undeniably good quality. Will buy again and again and again. MUST HAVE! Enjoy! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by diazsama

Whoever came up with this is a genius. I have very thick, wavy, tends-to-friz hair that I blow dry and then curl with a wide barrel curling iron. Due to the nature of my hair I can hold a curl until my next shower but this stuff is great. I blow out my hair with another styling product I use and then I use this on each section of hair right before I'm abut to curl it. This spray has replaced the countless smoothing leave-in cremes I used to use and it's just as good except I don't have to cover my hands in product, get it in my hair and then wipe my hands off for each section. It saves me so much time and the results are great - shiny and frizz free hair. In addition to protecting the hair it makes my hair frizz free. This is my new HG styling product. SO EASY

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2012 4:42:00 AM More reviews by sheltielov3r

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would repurchase because it smells good/refreshing but iono if it really does anyting for my hair lol my hairh still has a BUJCH of spilit ends ughhhhhh but i will keep using it since im assuming it helps protec tit

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaMarieT

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It works. Point blank, it works. The smell is the typical trademark smell of Tresemme, but it's not overpowering, and is very light. The bottle is perfect for an equal and right amount of spray for your hair. The mist is great; It's light, not sticky or greasy. It definitely does give heat protection. Heat damage is lessened massively by this product. It's cheap for its quality. I think it's a must buy for those who straighten a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by pinksmoothielover98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this heat protectant! My HG!!!! Smells nice and never sticky, can use for damp hair or dry! Will repurchase again and again! Price is awesome too. Really like the nozzel and it locks for no spilling! My hair has never looked better, invest in this!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by reeksp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product blows any other heat protectors out of the water (and I've used mostly salon brands). It smells awesome and the packaging it genius with the misting nozzle. the price is awesome, I think the most expensive I've seen it is 6 bucks. But I got mine for 4 on sale and you get a good amount of product. I will 100% repurchase this product as soon as I run out. Might even buy some backups incase treseme decides to change of discontinue (which would be tragic).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 3:45:00 PM More reviews by azunino228

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use ths religiously last year, but after I moved back to California I must have forgotten about it? I noticed the other day that I had a lot of split ends and my hair just looked generally crappy so I went into my box of stuff I never unpacked and found this again. I'm so glad I did because its made a huge difference. My split ends are almost non-existent, my hair is definitely more shiny and softer and I really like the smell of the product. I blow dry and curl my hair almost every day so I know where all that damage was coming from... thank goodness I rediscovered this! Oh yeah, and this is super inexpensive so you know that's a bonus!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2012 7:26:00 PM More reviews by mymelody87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

As others have said, the spray pump top on this product is genius. It locks and it also has a wide spray range. Originally I bought this not because I was looking for a heat protectant, but because I wanted the bottle it came in to use for my own spritzers and leave-ins. Right now I've got some pretty big Texas-sized curly hair and the little spray pumps on most products are cumbersome for me to use.

Anyway, I had a bottle of ApHogee's Leave-In product, which anyone who uses it knows is a great protein-based leave-in with the consistency of water in a, therefore, completely useless flip-top bottle. I tried putting it in those little travel bottles from Sally's, but it took literally 30 or more spritzes to even begin to coat my hair, so I went looking for a better spray bottle, and saw the Tresemme at the grocery store for cheap and bought it.

So I did not necessarily intend to try the Tresemme, but, of course, feeling bad about wasting product, I did end up trying it, and liking it. I'm giving this product 5 stars, which means I think probably everyone should buy this and would discover a use for it. Since I don't heat-style my hair in any way, I can't judge this on its ability to prevent heat damage. But I can say this: it's a wonderful leave-in conditioner, an even better detangler, and an even better second-day curl revitalizer. I discovered this when I went to use it, instead of water, on my "morning" hair, which, being curly, usually has product in it from the night before but is out of place, frizzy, and flat from a night of me grinding my head into the pillow. Water is enough to "wake up" some of the product already in my hair and quickly restyle it into something socially acceptable for work, but I found the Tresemme did a much better job at taming frizz than water alone. I also needed much less of it to revitalize my curls than water. That was the first use I discovered for this.

Next I tried using it as a detangler, for when my hair gets matted at the back of my neck, which happens all too often because of the lab coats I have to wear all day at work. It worked wonderfully for this purpose. It gave my hair just enough slip so that I could work apart the tangle without tearing any of my hair. If I put enough of the Tresemme on that spot, I could even run a wide-tooth comb through the hair that was formerly tangled, reapply product there, and restyle, and it was like nothing ever happened! If you could see how tight my hair is, you would realize how remarkable that is. This is the only product I've ever found that I could ever do that with. That's when I looked at the ingredients and realized that this was basically a leave-in conditioner, and could serve that purpose as well, and began to use it for that, too.

At this point, I would compare this product to Matrix Pro-Solutionist Spray, a professional use only product designed to even out porosity and prevent cuticle damage before chemical services. Remarkably, the two products are suprisingly similar. Both are essentially lightly conditioning spray in treatments designed to protect hair from abuse of some sort. The difference? Tresemme cost me 4 dollars, Solutionist costs me around 16. The next time I do a perm, I may just use the Tresemme instead and save myself the money.

So, as you can see, I've discovered more than a few good uses of this product, and that was quite a surprise to me, as I bought it for the sprayer alone. By the way, the sprayer turned out to be everything I was hoping. I keep these bottles now and refill them with my other products. It's much easier to keep things organized and fitting in my closet this way, too, since the Tresemme bottles are generally taller, thinner, and sturdier than the original bottles of whatever I'm transferring. I have repurchased and will continue to repurchase this product.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by aao

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love the locking feature on the spray pump, smells great, leaves my hair soft and distributes evenly with a nice fine mist.