November 23, 2014 | 1954 users online

Liquid - Christian Dior - Diorskin Airflash

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow! This is my new HG foundation, I dont care how expensive it is. I was using La Mer's fluid foundation, which was my HG before, along with EL Double wear concealer and La Mer loose powder... But with this Dior foundation I do NOT need concealer or powder!! So Im saving a lot of money there!! AND it even looks better on my skin! I used the lightest shade in La Mer (porcelain) and also using the lightest shade in the Dior (200). The dior is slightly pinker toned than the la mer but they both look natural on my very fair skin. I have a lot of red acne scars, and this covers them beautifully. Doesnt accentuate my pores either. But here's the trick I use to apply - I spray it onto a stippling brush then dab it onto my skin. I tried spraying it onto my skin then patting, and even spraying it onto my hand and then using the brush, but spraying it directly onto the brush uses far less product, much less waste, and a better finish. Im amazed how well it dries, to a powder finish. There is no dewiness, which is good because my skin can get oily and my makeup tends to melt off by the end of the day. This is really expensive, but for a good foundation its so worth it. especially since Im saving money on concealer and powder. *****update 2/18/10 **** the lightest shade is just a tad too dark. but I still LOVE THIS! Maybe in summer when I get some color it will be better. No breakouts, just perfect looking makeup all day!!! so worth the money.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by ohanlonpr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really liked this foundation and raved about it to all of my friends (some of whom actually did go out and buy it!), but 5 weeks later I have run out. So even though I loved it I have had to change as it is far too expensive for everyday use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 7:21:00 PM More reviews by FleurDefendue

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A lightweight formula with full coverage. If I spray it on my face (with an "S" move), I get full coverage, but it accentuates fine lines under my eyes and it looks heavy (even though as a liquid/consistency it doesn't look heavy to me). If I spray on my hand and apply it either with a sponge/brush/my fingers, I still get full coverage, but with a very natural finish. It doesn't get too oily or cakey during the day. The lightest color #200 is again a little bit dark for me (NC15), but I can tolerate that, because on me it doesn't oxidize at all. Quite expensive if I use it as a spray, as it will last maybe for 1 1/2 to 2 months. Else, it lasts for a very long time, because I only need a small amount to cover everything (it is 70ml and all my other foundations are 30ml). As it is, I would give 3 1/2 to 4 lippies, because I expected an airbrush result, but I can't achieve that, instead I look like I am covered with powder when I spray it. Otherwise, it is a really nice foundation. If I will not be able to get a Guerlain Parure or Chanel Mat Lumiere in a light shade, then I will probably repurchase this one. Last but not least, my biggest problem regarding my skin is the lack of smoothness. Airflash, Parure and Mat Lumiere are the only foundations that have helped me with that.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2010 1:15:00 AM More reviews by jessicarabbit80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have oily skin like me try this foundation before you buy it. It is amazing foundation ,look very natural and even out my skintone.I have dark circles and some small broken blue veins and i need an exrtra consiler to cover--- but i prefer this than a very heavy all-over foundation---
To my oily skin last about a hour and then the oilness starts to appear.The next hour my face was greasy.
The price is really really expensive.
If you have normal skin or dry skin and want a natural looking-glowy-good coverage foundation make a gift to yourself and BUY THIS TOMORROW!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Danik2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to start off by saying that I HATE foundation, but this is wonderful. I've always had good skin, but after I had my son it was splotchy. Since I had never worn foundation before I didn't know what to do.
So one day I was walking through Macy's and I stopped at the Dior counter. I just wanted to try some eyeshadow on, but then she put this on. For the first time in 9 months my face was flawless. My jaw almost dropped when she told me the price $60 for this can, but then I thought ok well it will last a while. That's when the SA told me it should last about a month and a half. For the first week after I bought this I almost returned it just for the fact that it's so expensive. But I didn't and I'm glad because ladies this foundation lasted me 7 months, yes 7 whole months and I still have more left.
The reason I think mine lasted so long was the fact that I sprayed it on a kabuki brush and then applied it to my face, I think when you apply it to your face directly you use a lot more product. You don't need that much to cover your face and it makes your skin feel so good. If you thinking about getting this, just do it. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by mlim74

I got this spray foundation because it’s a SPRAY! When I looked at it, I thought “Wow”. If I can spray foundation onto my face, like hairspray onto my hair, I can save a ton of time in the morning, and that alone may warrant the $60 price tag. Pricey, I know, but if it worked, then it’s all worth it.

I’ve been using this foundation the last month and though it’s not the miracle foundation I had hoped, it is still a good solid foundation. I have tried various application methods and was able to get different types of coverage. This foundation is definitely buildable.

When I sprayed it on my face (at 6-8"), I got a light finish. It doesn’t leave you uneven surprisingly, but I still felt the need to buff in the product into my skin. Otherwise, it just seems to sit on top. For medium coverage, I sprayed some more foundation onto a kabuki brush instead. I then buffed the foundation in. Continuously spraying the foundation onto the skin directly can get me more coverage, but then I’m left in a haze of foundation, with a bunch of the stuff on my clothes and eventually on the floor when the mist settles (I hadn’t thought about that with hairspray until now, since foundation is tinted and I can see it).

The foundation wears very nicely throughout the day once you set it lightly with a powder and touch ups are really not necessary. I am a little bit on the oily side, and I just blot once and the foundation stays intact. You get 2.3 oz instead of the normal 1 oz from regular liquid foundations, but I highly doubt that I will get double the use out of the container. If anything, because of the aerosol, I’m thinking I will get less use out of it than a 1 oz liquid foundation.

Great concept, but liquid foundations work just as well, and the “spray” aspect doesn’t save me any time since I still use a brush to buff in the product. If you want a true “spray” foundation, you will need to get a true airbrushing foundation. I won't repuchase on price alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2009 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jdcooper

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation, but only over another foundation or heavy concealer. By itself it is too sheer and sinks into fine lines. I love it over revlon colorstay. Just one spray on a kabuki brush and buff it on. It adds just the right amount of glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 10:45:00 PM More reviews by kyliegirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To. Die. For. This seriously gives a flawless finish. No concealer or powder necessary. It lasts. I wore it on my wedding day and have the pics to prove it.

Best way to apply. Spray it on a kabuki brush and then evenly distribute on face in a circular motion. Usually, one spray will work.

A SA talked me out of Forever and into this, I am so glad she did!

ps. also, own Forever. It's my "work" foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by catarinabarao

love it, love it, love it.....
Such a good foundation...and the application is so fast, i just spray it on a brush, buff it into my face, and voila!!!
Its pricey but if you want a special foundation to use for special occasions this is the one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by hinduae

very natural looking ... dosnt cake ... great coverage .. buildable ..

color 200 lovely beige looks great with my apricot bobbi brown blush and cargo # 2 concealer blu ray

this foundation is heaven !!!!!!! HG ..

i have dry flaky skin i just moisturize before applying it ..

if u try adding more than a layer u might need loose powder to set it

last long stays fresh color stays the same ..