Dior Diorskin Airflash

Butane, Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Propane, Nylon-12, Cocoglycerides, Sodium Lactate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Caprylyl Dimethicone Ethoxy Glucoside, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aluminum/Magnesium Hydroxide Stearate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Silica, Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Zinc Stearate, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Tocopherol, Benzyl Salicylate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxycitronellal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol.

:'( I was so excited when I was in Sephora today to try the Dior Airflash foundation.. I am very fair so I put on the lightest color 200 and thought it looked great! But after 30 minutes it turned orange..........Too bad because I really was hoping it would give you an airbrushed look. I also have heard that it is toxic and has something in it that is used in a bbq grill. Terrible skin color choices..their is only 6-8 different colors (im not really sure but that is from my memory) Not good if you are pale..HIGHLY FLAMMABLE is what it says on the back of the can hehe

on 5/23/2010 4:11:00 AM

I freaking love how this product makes my skin looks..photographs beautifully.. you like like those magzine models....doesn't run.. it seriously makes your skin look flawlesss... but I hate how bad it is for my skin.. I broke out like crazy.....not to mention how toxic this is for your skin!! theres freaking butan and propan in this!!! thats what I use to power my gas grill....... seriously.. for 60 bucks a pop.. can they afford better ingredients!!!! FREAKIN AY... the search for foundation continues....

on 5/15/2010 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For what it is worth, I never wear foundations.
I specifically went to Dior's counter for their TM, but they said only sephora carried that.
I don't like foundations, not because my skin is perfect nor relatively close to that, but because in the sunlight foundation just doesn't look natural, so it limits you to indoors dating, playing, and doing.
However, that being said, this is one of the best foundations i've ever had applied to my face. From a distance, it looked amazing, almost airbrushed (the lady used a Dior brush to apply it not the spraycan). However, she had to cake a lot to get the best coverage, and though it did feel light as air, after a while it didn't look so heavenly thanks to my semi oily skin.
Also, she couldn't find a perfect shade so i looked rather pale. That's my one gripe with Dior's foundations/TM, the shade range is pretty bad.
All in all, best foundation i've tried from any counter (and every time i get my face done at sephora/macy's/nordstrom, there's a foundation being applied), but it wasn't good enough to convince me that wearing foundation is a worthwhile endeavor, especially for the price.
Though, it made me consider. And for that, three stars.
ALSO, helpful to note, that i asked the lady (who used it everyday) how long one can lasts her, and she said a month. Flat out, a month. Two dollars a day? It's a pass.

on 4/24/2010 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I give a 4 not because I like this product.

First, I don't like the price, seriously I don't know how long this thing will last. But $60USD? I don't think I can afford one every other month.
Second, I don't like any kind of the fume, my throat hurts a little bit after the spraying it. I am very sensitive to fume that I hold my breath even when I use a liquid whiteout.
Third, it has sparkles in it. I have a flat face, sparkles tends to accentuate it. "Flat Face HERE!" Big no no for me!
Forth, I usually do my MU in 5 minutes, but this thing it covers everything include my eye lashes/brows, lips, I need to do a full MU which costs me more time!
However, despite the fact that's not very earth friendly, i have to admit that I really like this technology. Instead of purchasing the airbrush system with the $55/ea MU refill, you can just buy this, which give the same gorgeous result!!! It's quick and efficient, you don't have to take the whole machinery with you and it only takes a few seconds! No more washing brushes as well. The coverage is just red carpet beautiful! It's fresh, light and it stays! That's always the signature of Dior.
The orange issue didn't happen to me. I think it's depended on skin type and lighting. My face appears more orange under some light even without MU. However that dollar tag really turned me off. : ( continued >>

on 4/23/2010 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I went to the Dior counter at Macys and the lady put this on me.. I thought it looked wonderful..it matched my skin perfectly. When i left, got in my car and looked in the mirror i was horrified!! I looked to orange.

on 4/19/2010 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation.
When i first apply it, it looks BEAUTIFUL. It looks so flawless, and it glides right over pores, making them look completely invisible. It also has buildable coverage, so you can focus on spots that are darker/redder.
But.... throughout the day, with the oil i produce, the foundation begins to bunch, and becomes SUPER uneven, and it also turns orange.
Another con with this foundation is the color range! Terrible Terrible Color range! i got lucky that 200(lightest shade) matched me really well (MAC NW25), but wouldnt match my mom(NW15 at MAC).
The nozzle also becomes clogged VERY easily. Which becomes very annoying, and you have to clean it daily. Another thing i dislike is the PRICE. ($55CAD) You get about 30 applications for such a steap price!
And now for my MAIN problem with this foundation... THE INGREDIENTS!!! I went through 4 cans of this stuff before i even bothered to look at the ingredients..
The very first ingredient is BUTANE-lighter fluid!!!!! And the fourth ingredient is Propane!!!! And it also has oil in the foundation. I could not believe this, it grossed me out entirely and i did not repurchase this foundation after that!
Although i don't think it ever made me breakout with cystic acne, it made my dermis(layer of skin under epidermis-outerlayer of skin) very uneven, and full of whiteheads.

If you have dry skin, i think this would work better for you. Because of the oil it does not work for oily skin, but my friend who had very dry skin, tried mine, and it worked much better for her skin than for mine.

on 4/1/2010 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this foundation. The spray gives a much more even application, looking more seamless and natural. It would be nice to see more shades offered. Right now there is only a handful of color shades to choose from. I only wish that the can would last longer. If you use this every day, you would need to replace it within 5 weeks. Since it costs $60.00, it is expensive, more so then many other brands.

on 3/28/2010 11:02:00 PM

I love it for it's quick, easy application, when going out to the gym or yoga. I also use it as a finisher after I've done my makeup and it just seems to give my face a nice finish. I like it. I don't like the price tag, but I really like the product. The kabuki brush way wastes product, the rep. said. I also like that my hands/fingers stay clean.

Definitely will re-purchase! Darn, it's expensive - let's see how long it lasts!

on 3/11/2010 8:28:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

Like so many others the lightest shade was too orange and dark. I found the coverage patchy and made my skin look really wierd.

on 3/2/2010 11:33:00 PM

I hated this! For $60 I said I better absolutely love it, I didn't! Broke me out horribly, it has PROPANE in it! The color selection is oily. My chin is still recovering and its be about 2 weeks, never had a break out this long! Thankfully its going away! Product will last less then a month and for the price, its crazy!

It gave me the worst break out!! Im not kidding I had a break under my bottom lips by chin and it lasted like a month and a half! Crazy!! Dont buy!

Video Reviews & Tutorials