MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

This is a complex and unique shadow. MAC's website describes it as a soft pale green duochrome with pink opalescent shimmer. Now that is a description that would have sent me running for the hills a year or two ago. It took me a while to try it at the counter, but once I did I was sold. I thought it would be garish on me, but its very subtle and pretty and makes my almost non-existant eyelids (I have hooded lids) brighten up and appear to exist. It also picks up other colors so beautifully that you can use it with a variety of shades. I have it on my lids today with Botanical (which I'd considered taking back) in the crease and it makes for a really pretty and natural look; in fact, it looks particularly nice with Botanical if you bought that one and weren't sure what to pair with it. I'm amazed at how much I like Vex. A total surprise for me. I'm tempted to wear it everyday. I'm very fair with green eyes and brown hair for reference.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The best eyeshadow ever!! One quick swipe on the lids for instant movie star! This shadow is complex: duochrome greyish champagney with strong pink reflections. It's hard to describe but you should at least try it at the counter. Looks fantastic and understated with Grey Utility. I'm GGG/LLL with yellowish pink skin (I know, I'm weird :) ) and blue eyes.

I love this color! A MAC artist recommended it for me to pair with Shale. I was told it would look great on my dark brown eyes (fair to med skin tone with yellow undertones, dark brown hair). When I saw the color I wondered how it could be possible, it looked boring, and the artist knew I do not like boring. HOWEVER, when I tried it on I was SO happy! It is a beautiful shimmery taupe on me. A bit on the silver in it. It makes for an excellent smoky eye when I put it over entire lid, then put Shale in crease and outer corner. I lined with Prunella liner, and black gel liner over top lid. Couldn't ask for a better night-on-the-town look!

oooohhh. I love this. It brightens up my eye and is a simple lid shadow that I just can put on and go it does not need "sidekick" shadow support ;)

"Vex" is one of those interesting neutrals (everyday kinda shade with a twist) that I love collecting. On me, it is a dirty light taupe with a slight olive-grey cast (that makes the creamy beige base color look 'dirty) and the super-faintest hint of pink. It brightens up my lid area very much and is different enough from my collection of taupes, nudes, creams, beiges, etc. that it warrants a place in my 15-pan. I think the texture is pretty good--soft and velvety and easily blended. I have not tried this wet yet. The price for a pan is kinda expensive, but perhaps worth it for a unique color.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

OMG I LOVE this colour! Like the previous poster said, appearances can certainly be deceiving! In the pan it looks like a nondescript muddy beige colour, but on the skin its a sheer shimmery pink. Its perfect as a browbone highlighter- an alternative to the neutral shimmery beige/light colour usually used.
I bought it as part of the Diana eyes 1 quad, and I'm so glad I did. Will definitley be getting this colour again on its own.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is one of those colors where appearences are certainlly deceiving! I never thought I would buy this one b/c I always thought it looked muddy in the display, then the MA tried it on me and I was hooked! I'm quicklly discovering all sorts of different combinations just so I can use it every day. Or even by itself as a simple wash :) I love Vex!

i was surprised this looked...somewhat normal on me. it's a bit dramatic but find that you still can pull it off for everyday wear. i've used it with shale but find i like it all by itself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Rave! I love this shadow! It is just so pretty! My first of many Mac shadows. It was a great introduction to the line. I can find a use for this shadow pretty much everyday; it goes with almost anything! Looks great all over the lid, as a brow highlighter, by itself, or with other colors. So unique too! Mac is the best line to look to when you want those one-of-akind shades!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this eyeshadow is my no. 1 holy grail ... i use it for everything! i absolutely LOVE this wet, it makes it a bit more sheer, and the duochrome comes out a lot better. it lookes really good with club in the crease and as wet liner, and vex all over. i could NEVER go without this in my makeup drawer! (sadly enough right now i'm scraping the bottom)

Top Rated MAC Products