MAC Frost - Vex

4.4

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol Eye Shadows may contain: Silica, Mice, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Ultramarines, Blue 1 Lake, Red 40 Lake, Yello 5 Lake

on 1/22/2006 7:44:00 AM

I love this color! A MAC artist recommended it for me to pair with Shale. I was told it would look great on my dark brown eyes (fair to med skin tone with yellow undertones, dark brown hair). When I saw the color I wondered how it could be possible, it looked boring, and the artist knew I do not like boring. HOWEVER, when I tried it on I was SO happy! It is a beautiful shimmery taupe on me. A bit on the silver in it. It makes for an excellent smoky eye when I put it over entire lid, then put Shale in crease and outer corner. I lined with Prunella liner, and black gel liner over top lid. Couldn't ask for a better night-on-the-town look!

on 1/16/2006 12:09:00 PM

oooohhh. I love this. It brightens up my eye and is a simple lid shadow that I just can put on and go it does not need "sidekick" shadow support ;)

on 1/11/2006 3:01:00 PM

"Vex" is one of those interesting neutrals (everyday kinda shade with a twist) that I love collecting. On me, it is a dirty light taupe with a slight olive-grey cast (that makes the creamy beige base color look 'dirty) and the super-faintest hint of pink. It brightens up my lid area very much and is different enough from my collection of taupes, nudes, creams, beiges, etc. that it warrants a place in my 15-pan. I think the texture is pretty good--soft and velvety and easily blended. I have not tried this wet yet. The price for a pan is kinda expensive, but perhaps worth it for a unique color.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

OMG I LOVE this colour! Like the previous poster said, appearances can certainly be deceiving! In the pan it looks like a nondescript muddy beige colour, but on the skin its a sheer shimmery pink. Its perfect as a browbone highlighter- an alternative to the neutral shimmery beige/light colour usually used.
I bought it as part of the Diana eyes 1 quad, and I'm so glad I did. Will definitley be getting this colour again on its own.

on 10/28/2005 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is one of those colors where appearences are certainlly deceiving! I never thought I would buy this one b/c I always thought it looked muddy in the display, then the MA tried it on me and I was hooked! I'm quicklly discovering all sorts of different combinations just so I can use it every day. Or even by itself as a simple wash :) I love Vex!

on 9/8/2005 11:33:00 PM

i was surprised this looked...somewhat normal on me. it's a bit dramatic but find that you still can pull it off for everyday wear. i've used it with shale but find i like it all by itself.

on 9/5/2005 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Rave! I love this shadow! It is just so pretty! My first of many Mac shadows. It was a great introduction to the line. I can find a use for this shadow pretty much everyday; it goes with almost anything! Looks great all over the lid, as a brow highlighter, by itself, or with other colors. So unique too! Mac is the best line to look to when you want those one-of-akind shades!

on 8/26/2005 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this eyeshadow is my no. 1 holy grail ... i use it for everything! i absolutely LOVE this wet, it makes it a bit more sheer, and the duochrome comes out a lot better. it lookes really good with club in the crease and as wet liner, and vex all over. i could NEVER go without this in my makeup drawer! (sadly enough right now i'm scraping the bottom)

on 8/13/2005 11:32:00 AM

I bought this as one of my very first MAC e/s and I think that was a mistake. I ended up swapping it away because I couldn't get it to work for me. Now, after using MAC for a while, I think that I probably could get it to work. I might try to swap for it.

It can be a hard color to work with so be warned.

on 8/2/2005 11:24:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Just got Vex in a swap and it is HOT-I love it paired with my Slick CCB, or paired with any greens. The duochrome pink and green definitely shows up on me, at least with a base-used dry I don't think it would. Very versatile, you can wear it alone, or use it as a highlighter. A must-have for my MAC collection.

Top Rated MAC Products