April 17, 2014 | 1419 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Vex

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by RyuukoEx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those colors where appearences are certainlly deceiving! I never thought I would buy this one b/c I always thought it looked muddy in the display, then the MA tried it on me and I was hooked! I'm quicklly discovering all sorts of different combinations just so I can use it every day. Or even by itself as a simple wash :) I love Vex!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2005 11:33:00 PM More reviews by kat_25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i was surprised this looked...somewhat normal on me. it's a bit dramatic but find that you still can pull it off for everyday wear. i've used it with shale but find i like it all by itself.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2005 9:52:00 PM More reviews by beachybabe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Rave! I love this shadow! It is just so pretty! My first of many Mac shadows. It was a great introduction to the line. I can find a use for this shadow pretty much everyday; it goes with almost anything! Looks great all over the lid, as a brow highlighter, by itself, or with other colors. So unique too! Mac is the best line to look to when you want those one-of-akind shades!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2005 12:47:00 AM More reviews by dalilah

this eyeshadow is my no. 1 holy grail ... i use it for everything! i absolutely LOVE this wet, it makes it a bit more sheer, and the duochrome comes out a lot better. it lookes really good with club in the crease and as wet liner, and vex all over. i could NEVER go without this in my makeup drawer! (sadly enough right now i'm scraping the bottom)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2005 11:32:00 AM More reviews by ILefkowitz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this as one of my very first MAC e/s and I think that was a mistake. I ended up swapping it away because I couldn't get it to work for me. Now, after using MAC for a while, I think that I probably could get it to work. I might try to swap for it.

It can be a hard color to work with so be warned.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2005 11:24:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just got Vex in a swap and it is HOT-I love it paired with my Slick CCB, or paired with any greens. The duochrome pink and green definitely shows up on me, at least with a base-used dry I don't think it would. Very versatile, you can wear it alone, or use it as a highlighter. A must-have for my MAC collection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2005 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Mica

Makes a great highlight shade for most of the MAC shadows I own. I especially like pairing it with Trax, which is an idea I got from someone on here - thanks to whoever that was! I like vex, and I don't get the "corpse" look that some people complained about from it. I have blue-green eyes, for reference.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2005 3:41:00 PM More reviews by shortfist77

This didn't show up quite as green as I expected from the reviews, slightly more sheer than I thought it was going to be. However, nice, subtle, greenish-grayisy-pinkish wash for the lids.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2005 5:10:00 AM More reviews by hiyashinsu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this on, thinking it would be such a cool color. It ended up looking like someone had smeared ground-up chalk all over my eyelid. Not only did it make me look dead, but the texture was so chalky, I could hardly believe I was looking at a MAC eyeshadow. I'd never buy this color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2005 6:25:00 PM More reviews by LauraP24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

HG! My favorite e/s from MAC, excellent quality and so unique in color. I'm a GGG & love to wear this as a wash with Trax in the crease. This combination always gets me compliments :-)