September 1, 2014 | 1537 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by MakeupandMiranda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've tried many other setting powders, including the Chanel pressed powder, and always find myself going back to this product. It is very long lasting, rarely looks cakey, and keeps my face matte all day. It is a mere 4 dollars. Pick it up! I hope that this project never gets discontinued! This is the best pressed powder in the drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Rsanzio

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very nice $3 pressed powder that performs like those that are much more expensive. I used a big fluffy brush with it to set my foundation. Really blotted the shine and the grains were not visible even with a10x mirror. Will definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Gantz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-Long lasting
-Affordable

Cons:
-Looked cakey and unnatural
-Contains talc, and coconut derivatives which can clog pore and cause break outs
-The lid slips of of this easily and can make a mess (but maybe I'm just being whiny)

Overall:
I bought this at ULTA after hearing good reviews on it, plus it was around $5 which was great. I purchased this powder in translucent. I began using this in the summer, when my face is the most shiny, and it lasted for hours before I felt that I needed to reapply it. The lasting power of this was great. But I just didn't like the way it looked on my skin. I have to moisturize my skin before putting my foundation on, so I figure the added moisture on my skin was making this powder look cakey. I also use foundations that are moisturizing so that probably also added to the look of this powder on me. This product also caused clogged pores on my forehead. I won't be repurchasing this, it just was not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by thelmasarahi

This product is my holy grail. No matter what powder i try i always come back to this one. Its not going to give you coverage. its more of a translucent powder if you ask me. There's no dark shades which is fine for me since i don't need the extra coverage. it keeps you shine free all day and is soo affordable

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 2:01:00 AM More reviews by akneil

Holy grail powder. It's just amazing. Inexpensive. Not cakey. Smooth and a nice formula. I use the translucent shade because I noticed it is barely noticeable on the skin, as opposed to the other shades which look a little more powdery on the skin.
I just love this stuff! Probably the best value product I know of. It's the best!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by FionaMay

This product is so 'meh'. I only buy it if it's on super special and I'm running low on cash to buy my good stuff. It's good for setting makeup, keeps my makeup on all day, but If I don't apply a really bright bronzer or a highlighter over the top it makes me look so dull. I have fair skin and use the 005 silky beige. You get what you pay for and this stuff is cheap...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 11:20:00 PM More reviews by kellypi07

I actually really liked this product at first. I used it to set my foundation and concealer and it really looked nice. It didn't dry me out or anything. However, I did have a little break out from it. I got bumps on my chin and I'm pretty sure it's because this product contains talc, which is known to clog pores. So, I won't be using this again unfortunately.

Also, the packaging on this really needs a make-over. The lid is super easy to fall off and isn't reliable, but I guess that's what makes this product so affordable.

However, if it is something you are really looking into I'd say try it. It's only $4 or so at your local drug store and the worst thing that could happen is that it doesn't work for you and you lose $4, but then again it could be great for you too!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2013 4:48:00 PM More reviews by Ashleighd13

This product is good for setting your make up if you're wearing a full make up look. However I only like to wear a bb cream for work and during the day and by the time I'm home my skin looks oily and greasy, it's a good product for the price but there's definetely better products out there if you want a more flawless look

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 3:05:00 PM More reviews by Sammy143

This powder is amazing
I have oily skin.
Keeps your face matte
I even had a 3hour nap woke up and my face was still matte!
Love it will be buying more
Hope this never discontinues!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by xbexiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Consistently repurchase this, my go to face powder! I have oily skin and this will keep me matte for a good while without looking cakey. Amazing price too.