December 18, 2014 | 1765 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2014 4:06:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

I am not a big powder girl, my skin is quite dry - however some foundations seem to look so shiny on me (still) that I opt for a nice thin layer of powder.

I got this product and was in the beginning - quite happy with it. I liked its super affordable price tag and the fact that it came in a translucent shade (no need to mess around with matching your skin tone to powder etc).

However this product made my skin look quite chalky and I actually had to re-apply the powder throughout the day as it seemed to bring up more oils from my skin that usual.

In the end I noticed that I have small break-outs here and there around my face - and then I knew I had to stop using the powder. All went to normal right after.

So I guess you can't really judge this powder - it is so cheap and affordable - yet it could have a better texture I believe, or at least not the one stuffed with chemicals that break you out!

For more candid in-depth reviews on other beauty/makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Lawlciara

Makes my makeup look dry and caked. You can see it on my face. Going to have to keep looking for a new powder :(

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by jdsjen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This doesn't do much to my face. It's an okay product. Oh, and I hate the cheap-looking packaging.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Nova0407

Doesn't keep me matte ALL DAY. Oil starts to come through after an hour. If it kept me matte for at least 5-6 hrs, if love it but It just didn't work for me and I don't like retouching throughout the day and pack on powder. I like that the packaging is thin and simple. The price is very inexpensive!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by kayshannoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has been my go to powder for a good year. I ONLY use this in my T-Zone. It keeps me matte all day, and I only reapply if i really have to. I don't get too oily but I do use this product to just prevent shine and keep my foundation in place, which I feel like it does a good job of, based upon the fact that my foundation (L'oreal True match or Clinique perfectly real) tends to rub off besides the area of my t zone so I'm really impressed since this powder is fairly cheap. I also recommend their matte bronzers too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 12:11:00 PM More reviews by alyssa18o6

I have mixed feelings on this product. It does it's job with keeping your skin matte. However I don't think it does much else. I do reach for it quite a bit however (mainly to use up). The price is good so I don't feel bad purchasing. For me I really do just want a powder to keep my skin from being oily, and this does do that. I don't feel as if it sets your foundation in any way however. But that doesn't bother me. It's in my top 5 as far as powders go.

My biggest complaint is the packaging. It's not very sturdy, and the lid does have issues with staying on. So I don't think i'd ever be brave enough to travel with it. And also if you drop it, 98% chance it will crack due to the cheap packaging. It doesn't come with a mirror, or any sort of applicator either. I don't really care about that personally, but if you do, you will be disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by angelaslh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay.. so after hearing about this for ages, a couple weeks ago i decided to go out and buy it. Unfortunately there is too many negatives out weighing the positives. 1. It doesn't set into your skin, therefore making you look very cakey with even the smallest amount. 2. It latches onto all your dry spots and if you have pimples like me then it will make them stand out more with the powder. 3. It feels very heavy on your skin and unbreathable. 4. It definetly increases the size of pores and fine lines. 5. It has no staying power whatsoever. So if you live in humid weather don't even consider using this. I have no clue what all the hype is about, i feel like if everyone that loves this was to go out and try better powders they would not like this powder at all. Unless of course you like the cake faced powder look. The only positive thing i can say about this powder is that its quite cheap and if you have oily skin it will mattify your face for about 20 minutes until it wears off :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by makeupinsider

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's the thing, I used to love this product and I was convinced it worked great- until I changed my powder. It does have staying power, but not that great. I keep my foundation for 10-12 hours and I found that this powder needed to be retouched way too often. I also found it actually made my foundation around my chin look worse and it kind of dried it out. It is good for 2 hours before the oil starts to show again, but the price is reasonable and if you're not as oily as I am then this might work for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by Nataliegsno

I really like to use this powder to set my undereye concealer because it doesn't cake up. The shade selection of this powder is kinda weird there's a whole bunch of light shades then one random dark shade. When I use this powder on my face it's nothing special. My forehead gets pretty oily throughout the day and I don't think it keeps me matte any longer than other powders. I'll still repurchase for setting my concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Kirstenamber

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Silky Beige after hearing some good reviews about it. It was fairly inexpensive. I used to use it to set my Rimmel Stay matte Liquid Mousse Foundation. It did do a really good job mattifying my face at first but I find that it didn't last that long. However, I had no problem dusting it on again if my skin got a little oily.

After changing foundations (from Rimmet Stay Matte to Revlon Colorstay) I found that I like the powder more and it lasts longer with the new foundation. I like that it's not too pigmented and doesn't really add more colour on top of my foundation, and it has a nice finish.