Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/10/2014 11:19:00 AM

Great primer! A little goes a long way, it is smooth and lasts long! Eyeshadow is easy to blend over this primer and it brings out the pigment in the eyeshadow. I use this along with Urban Decay's setting spray for all day, smudgeproof, weatherproof eyes!

on 8/8/2014 8:55:00 PM

This is the first eyeshadow primer that I have ever bought and tried, and I chose it because of the good ratings and reviews. I'm really happy that I did! I would say that my eyelids are quite "normal", they are neither oily nor dry. But without a primer, eyeshadows doesn't take long before they start creasing. I can never really go more than two to three hours before eyeshadows start creasing on me. With this primer it is completely different. All eyeshadows that I use - ranging from brands like Rimmel to Urban Decay - stay put all day. You also need very little of this, which makes the tube last a long time. This justifies the price in my opinion. I never wear eyeshadows without this primer anymore, and I don't feel like I need to try out other primers for now, as this works great for me.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

The original formula is my favorite from all the other series. It applies translucent and doesn't dry out my lids. I wear this with my UD eye shadow and it stays on for hours. Amazing product & a must!

-I used this product on my makeup tutorial here.
Check out my channel and subscribe:

on 8/7/2014 5:01:00 PM

Pros:
- feels very nice and smooth
- blends easily

Cons:
- after blending, it makes my eyelids feel greasy
- does nothing in terms of making shadows more intense and making them stay on longer
- the packaging doesn't allow you to get the most out of it

I got a sample of this primer when I bought the Naked palette; the packaging was the purple bottle with the silver top. I'm glad it was a sample because I am never going to use this again.

on 8/7/2014 7:18:00 AM

This product is amazing i use it every day and my eye shadow aways stays for the whole day long. However it is pretty pricy for the amount you get. Currently i only have the mini size for half the price but i defiantly want to buy the full size. If u are unsure about this product i would recommend buying the mini first. I have sensitive skin most would say, and this product did not irritate my skin. Hope this helped!

on 8/6/2014 1:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Holy grail primer! I went swimming today for 4 hours and my eyeshadow still looked flawless. I was very surprised and I cannot tell you how much this primer is amazing. Only downside: the price. You don't get a ton of product but you do get a decent amount. I wish they would either lower the price or add more product! Anyways amazing and will be repurchasing.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I received several of these primers with various Urban Decay purchases. I don't have very oily lids and don't usually have an issue with staying power of my eye makeup or creasing. I thought I would give this a try anyway, to see what the fuss was about. It smooths on nicely and doesn't irritate my eyelids, it helped intensify the color, but it did not help the longevity of my eyeshadow. It even made my eyeshadow crease, which it does not do on a normal basis. I was very disappointed in this product, especially for the price. I have tested this out using several shadows and it only helped minimally with keeping my eyeshadow looking fresh. I have actually had much better luck with Stila Prime Pots and NYX eyeshadow primer, which are much more inexpensive than the UD primer potion. I would not waste my money on this primer again when I can purchase an eyelid primer with much more staying power and crease-proofing than the UD. Unfortunate, because I own and love many of Urban Decay's other products.

on 8/5/2014 4:47:00 AM

I cant live without this primer before put my eye make up on. This is my 1st must buy purchased product when malaysia launched at Sephora. This is to replace my MAC paintpot which the product dried out quickly. Overall, i never stop purchase once I started. Love it so much.

on 8/4/2014 10:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I brought this via 'Ulta' online looking for an eyeshadow primer to help my eyeshadow pigment last. When this came it was tinted - I would have preferred a clear finish but I overlooked it. I first used this on my hand and noted the texture was off but after a few minutes the color seemed to fade and texture seemed to settle or something. I wasn't sure exactly what happend and I figured maybe it was just a one time experence..........................
WRONG!
About 2 days later I tried this on my eyes before applying my eyeshadow. I think I poured to much into my palm as I was uncertain of how much I should use. This went on silky but it did not blend well and the pigment in this did not seem to fade this time. The product blended and collected at the outer corner of my eyebrow making it look like I had a dry skin patch. When I attempted to blend it out the color dragged and smeared down a line and pooled up to enlarge my pores. I went to fix the area of my eyebrow next and the patch it gathered in was stubborn and could not be reduced in appearance even when I rubbed some off the small gathering stayed there and the rest of the makeup just rolled up.
I don't know what caused this as the ingredients seemed okay and there was not any excess acylates. My guess was that it was a silicone base with talcum powder or maybe a bad batch that made my scenario. So sad it didn't work for me so I will return it and alas my search for an eyeshadow primer will continue.
On the plus side it did make help prolong my eyemakeup and the packing is pretty.

on 8/4/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Serves its purpose could be less expensive.

Video Reviews & Tutorials