August 29, 2014 | 1876 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Cover Stick

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:42:00 PM More reviews by sherryrenee0423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used to use this all the time in college but stopped bc it had no spf. Anyways I rediscovered it a few days ago and I want to kick myself for stopping lol. I buy the white stick bc I'm extremely pale (nw5-10). I use it under my eyes and to cover red acne scars etc. It works really well if you put a little in between your fingers to heat it up, then it's nice and creamy. This is one of two drugstore concealers I can use because I'm so white. The other is Neutrogena 3 in 1 for eyes. Now that I use shisiedo spf everyday I don't mind using a concealer that doesn't have spf.

I stopped using this as much as I used to again because I found another d/s concealer (Hard Candy Glamorflauge) that works better for the same price.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2010 2:47:00 PM More reviews by new2makeup123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this today in the mid-tone (light beige) and it is perfect for my skintone! It almost completely covers up my dark circles and completely covers any blemishes. I don't wear foundation, so I set with a loose translucent powder and it gives my face a fresh, even look!

I found it a little difficult to blend at first, but I heated it up a bit with my hairdryer and it seemed to blend fine after that!

Super convenient and easy to take everywhere as it comes in a little lipstick type tube.

Not too expensive for what you get, and overall great product!

I will definitely repurchase this :)

EDIT:

after wearing this several days running under my eyes, it dried them out really badly (even with an eye cream) and settled into my fine lines. I won't be using this on my undereyes again (or on spots as it dries them out and accentuates them) but it works well as an eyeshadow primer so I will try to get my money's worth by using it for that purpose. Best concealer for undereyes is the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Double Perfector! Get that one instead!

ANOTHER EDIT:

Although this is terrible for undereyes, I have found that it does work alright for blemishes and works very well as an eye primer. For blemishes, I apply a tiny dot using a tiny brush directly on the blemish and then I pat with my finger until blended. It also works really well as an eye primer used on top of an eye cream or moisturizer :) One last thing, the way I fill in my eyebrows, I like to outline them (just outside the hair) with a concealer and then fill them in with powder for a perfect clean edge, and this works fantabulously for that! I use a tiny pencil brush to draw around my eyebrows, then I fill them in with powder, and finally blend with my finger. Perfect brows! yay! But I still wouldn't repurchase as other brands make the same thing for less money

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 11:02:00 PM More reviews by louy

This is a decent concealer. Very creamy. It blends nicely and stays put fairly well. I use it on zits and it covers up most of the red.

I usually wear Mac concealer and I do feel that mac wears/sticks better; however, for the cost I would repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2010 9:17:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I started using this stick concealer when I started using makeup so that was 16 years ago. I always have this in my makeup bag until now. The packaging sucks because its hard to open and when I finally pull it hard to open it the top would always dropped and end up cracked. Anyway, enough story with the packaging.

I like this cover stick because it covers up acne scars perfectly for me. I don't use this under my eyes because it's too drying. I have oil/combination skin so any concealer that's too moisturizing won't stay on my face. The staying power is great. This is the one concealer that's always going to be with me until I stop breaking out every now and then.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by audiolovely

You get what you pay for. Although this concealer cannot compare to high end concealers, i don't think it's that bad.

I take a little and warm it between my fingers before patting it into my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Momeramas

I tried this many times but finally gave up. No matter what, it just did not blend in. It just sort of sits on top of your skin looking like, "I just put on some concealer." I'm sticking with Sonia Kashuk Hidden Agenda. That one just melts right into your skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Freelizzy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

For the $4 that I payed for this product, I wasn't expecting much. I'm not going to lie. This product isn't great but it does get the job done. It covered up some of my blemishes and my dark circles alright but it is pretty sheer so it really doesn't cover up bad pimple days or very dark circles from staying up all night or such. I woudn't have bought the stick in the first place if it weren't waterproof. This was marketed as a waterproof product but it still rubs off if it's wet. Still... I didn't know that before I bought it. There aren't too many concealers that are waterproof on the line, so I thought that I'd give this one a try. Bottom line- this product is okay, but I'd rather spend my money on a product that I know will be waterproof fully and with cover everything I need it too.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2010 6:49:00 PM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best d/s concealer stick I've found to date. The only caveat is that it takes awhile to blend and too much will get cakey. Benefit Erase Paste works way better IMO, but if I ever run out of that and need a quick fix I will buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2010 12:53:00 AM More reviews by peppermintcupcakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like that this cover stick gives great coverage. It easily hides under eye circles and any other blemishes. The down side to this product is that it is very dry which makes it tough to work with. It does not spread easily on the skin and I find myself tugging at my face a bit just to spread the product around. One way to work with this product is to not directly dot in onto the face but rather work it in your fingers and dab it on the spots that need coverage. I think that this is a great inexpensive starter concealer that gives great results but it does take some patience to work with it.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2010 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Rouquine25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Maybelline's Everfresh Concealer...but of course they discontinued it. I still have my old tube of that, but I wanted to look for a replacement when it finally ran out (sniffle) So I decided to try this. I chose the lightest one, which was the white stick...and it is waaay too light, even for a pale redhead like me! Plus this stuff is really thick, which would be good, but it's nearly impossible to blend in, so it looks really cakey. I might repurchase in a darker shade...but I think I'll save my money.