July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by andreawmu

Well, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet since I have purchased it several times... This is a perfect mix of shimmery browns that look great on anyone. Very good for a natural everyday look. You can throw this on quick, and it looks great. You really can't mess it up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by shaunix3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of the first eyeshadows I had ever used, and it is still my favorite! The middle shade is just right, not too shimmery; not too matte. :) I will buy this as long as I wear makeup

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2009 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

I love the taupe shade in the middle - I wear often as a lid color. I don't use the pink highlighter. The brown shade is too warm, almost orange-y but blended with cool shadow or even black shadow it looks pretty good. These shadows have a good texture. If you're looking for a light, shimmery neutral eye palette for under $5 - this is it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 12:13:00 PM More reviews by MiaMamma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this trio, I only wish the pink shade was a bit lighter so it could highlight a bit more. I use the pink as an all over wash, the middle color for crease and the darker color jsut as a liner. A great trio!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this for years as my everyday eyeshadow until I found Almays eye color inhancing shadows which really bring out my hazel eyes. All and all a good drug store eys shadow that is good for everyday use and has a nice amount of shimmer to it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2009 1:53:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

I am really not a big fan of drugstore eyeshadow besides NYX. i prefer Mac eyeshadows.... I just never seem to reach for any pallets or eyeshadow singles other than my Mac ones. But i saw allthatglitters21 on youtube talk about this pallet, and had to have it! i went to the drugstore and it didn't look all that special. I almost didnt buy it because of that. but i did, and now i'm really glad i did.

I love this... especially for the summer and for a neutral look. i'm very cool-toned and find a lot of browns too warm for me, but this works beautifully. i love it. i am really into taupes now because of this palllet. this eyeshadow pallet is really fool proof. it is quick and easy and looks beautiful. however, this pallet is quite frosty and shimmering especially the lightest color... so it may look a little much if u use it as a highlight along with the other 2 darker colors. but for the price, it is awesome! i love this and would def. purchase again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 1:37:00 PM More reviews by liz508

I own several of the CG trios, but this is by far my favorite. All are nicely pigmented and the amount of shimmer is perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by divakimmy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just found this product recently and used it for the first time a few days ago and wow what an HG neutral pallet this is for me now! Middle color over the lid, lightest color in in my inner corner and darkest color on the crease and now I finally have a good neutral daily look! Cheap, I paid under $8 for it and next time there is a BOGO sale anywhere on CG products I plan to buy back ups immediately. Lasts all day! I put this on at 7:30AM and when I get home from work around 6PM it still looks fresh and no creasing when worn over a primer (I use Too Faced Shadow insurance).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by msnme1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this. Its such a pretty natural combination and seems to work really well with my pale skin. Buy it! Its so cheap and well pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by torysings

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am glad to see that other girls on this site love Shimmering Sands. It has been a staple in my makeup bag since I was 14 or 15 and I am now approaching 25. It can be applied lightly for a natural day look or you can put more on for a smoky eye look at night. You can use this trio for just about anything. I even use it for recitals and other performances. I am a pale redhead so the colors look great on me. If this is ever discontinued I will be crushed. I love this product!