Cover Girl Eye Enhancers Trio - Shimmering Sands

4.3

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm on my third container of this. It is the perfect neutral palette, as others have said. The colors are somewhat sheer, but it works nicely for daytime. I'm sure you could put a primer on and layer the color for a more dramatic evening.

I would say this works on pretty much any skin tone. I have very fair skin, and I have a hard time finding a brown palette that isn't too red/bronze or too blue/charcoalish, which looks really harsh on my eyes. This is just the perfect set of colors to make my eyes really pop. Plus, it makes my eyes looks really blue!

on 11/21/2009 5:02:00 PM

I was surprised how great the colour payoff was with this covergirl trio.The colours are warm and neutral which would suit many skintones.My only complaint is that throughout the day the shadow seemed to migrate onto my cheeks.Overall a decent buy for those who want a variety of looks but are on a budget!

Always a classic go to for me. I usually use one of the three as a 'base' depending on the look I'm going for. I do use mixing medium with them to help with the staying power/time.

on 11/4/2009 1:25:00 PM

I started wearing makeup when I was 15, And this was the very first e/s I ever bought. Fast forward almost 5 years and its still my go to everyday e/s. Sometimes I only wear the soft brown in the middle sometimes I just wear the shimmery pink with eyeliner. This is an awesome trio that you can wear several ways and even dry or wet. Great for girls who are just getting into makeup. And for just a few bucks its great quality for cheap.

on 10/22/2009 4:52:00 PM

I agree that, when used in powder form, it doesn't have incredible staying power (although for the price I'm impressed). However, I use mine as cream shadows. I scraped a bit off, mixed them with a bit of Aveeno baby lotion (because I love the smell) and formed a palette from my daughter's old Crayola paint set. I use the lightest shade almost every day either on its own or as a shimmery base. I love it!

on 10/5/2009 9:57:00 AM

This is the BEST summer eyeshadow! Great neutral colors that has some sheen to it which makes your eyes pop!

3 great colors:
-Satin Earth is a nice chocolate brown. Great for the crease or outer corner
- Toasted Sand is wonderful on your lid. It's a light shimmery taupe
- Sunkissed Sand is a light shimmery pink that's great for brightening up your eyes (inner corner)

This is my 'go to' palette ever since I got it!

LOVE it.

Great for natural looks, out to the beach, and just hanging out.

on 9/20/2009 6:05:00 PM

Well, I can't believe I haven't reviewed this product yet since I have purchased it several times... This is a perfect mix of shimmery browns that look great on anyone. Very good for a natural everyday look. You can throw this on quick, and it looks great. You really can't mess it up.

on 9/20/2009 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is one of the first eyeshadows I had ever used, and it is still my favorite! The middle shade is just right, not too shimmery; not too matte. :) I will buy this as long as I wear makeup

I love the taupe shade in the middle - I wear often as a lid color. I don't use the pink highlighter. The brown shade is too warm, almost orange-y but blended with cool shadow or even black shadow it looks pretty good. These shadows have a good texture. If you're looking for a light, shimmery neutral eye palette for under $5 - this is it!

on 8/28/2009 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

I love this trio, I only wish the pink shade was a bit lighter so it could highlight a bit more. I use the pink as an all over wash, the middle color for crease and the darker color jsut as a liner. A great trio!

Video Reviews & Tutorials