Clinique Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

3.5

INGREDIENTS: Kaolin, Silica, Zinc Laurate, Polydecene, Magnesium, Phenyl Trimethicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben. May Also Contain: Mica, Bismouth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, and Ultramarines......... (Jan 2010 )......... Ingredient list: Talc, hdi/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, lauroyl lysine, phenyl trimethicone, zinc stearate, dimethicone, calcium silicate, silica, hydroxyapatite, isostearol neopentanoate, trimethylsiloxysilicate, triethoxycaprylylsilane, sorbitan sesquioleate, tetrasodium edta, chlorphenesin, potassium sorbate, mica, iron oxides.

on 10/27/2007 3:09:00 PM

i luv this powder..tru it doesnt last as long as i would like in terms of oil control but it doesnt break me out and is super gentle..plus the shade stay neutral is great on my skin tone!! it also gives great coverage....

on 10/27/2007 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wasn't very happy with this powder. When first applied it looked pretty chalky and I had as much oil breakthrough as usual. The the real problem came when touching up.. it immediately caked and went splotchy. Not too impressive. Save your money and skip on this ineffective powder.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great product for me. It's a pressed powder that can be used over foundation, yet it provides its own moderate coverage if I want to use it over just a bit of concealer. I love the finish. Stay suede is a perfect match for my golden skin tone. I don't know why I never use this. I haven't even reached the bottom of the pan. I definitely plan to use this more.

on 9/30/2007 8:27:00 PM

This helps set my makeup and keep oilies at bay without looking too powdery or cakey, and it doesn't break out my sensitive skin. Its possibly to over-apply this and look powdery though, so I have to be careful during touchups.

on 9/14/2007 5:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Ths powder can stop oil breaking out on my face. But one of the problems is that it doesn't last long enough, about 2-3 hours I have to reapply. It sorts of make my skin look smoother too. But over-apply would make my face look kinda powdery. But overall, it is a good powder, able to settle my makeup.

tdp

on 8/21/2007 11:16:00 AM

clinique make up is excellent usually however, i have a real gripe with this one, it simply didnt last long enough! i am very dissappointed! i have since purchased the loose powder which is in and around the same price and has lasted twice the amount of time and it comes with a great little brush which is perfect for your handbag! its a nice product but dosent last at all! go for the loose powder instead!

on 8/1/2007 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

May be compared to some drustore powders, this one is an ok powder. But compared to Versace/Chanel Powders this powder provides a much heavier matte finish, and is actually a very visible powder. It feels very dense and and can look very chalky. If have oily or acne-prone skin, this powder simply makes you look like a jolly little clownessa :)

on 7/29/2007 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this stuff! i have extremely oily skin so its hard to find a powder that wont leave me shiny by lunch! but stay matte pressed powder is different..... it leaves your skin flawless and beautifull (ALL day) it is a bit pricey but for people with shine problems it is sooooo worth it! i use it everyday and it has lasted me about a year! i am very impressed.....another wonderful product from clinique!

on 7/9/2007 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was my HG, but when i discovered MAC Blot Powder (cheaper too!), i only use Stay-Matte to correct my 'bad-match foundation face'.

Pros: Great colour match- NC40, i got 03 Stay beige, sets my mu, lasts quite a long time, more than 7mths of everyday use!

Cons: Green coloured compact, hmmm (me anal? no!)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like this powder a lot, and I'd recommend it to anyone with acne prone skin, because this doesn't make your skin break out. This is perfect to wear even without a foundation underneath, because it provides a lot of coverage.

Recommended for Normal Skin