April 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++

rated 3 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:35:00 AM More reviews by luna83me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

This is the most mattifying foundation I think I will ever use. It felt like my face was being sucked inwards and it stayed like that for the entire day. I couldn't believe how great this foundation looked as well. But it was so incredibly hard to remove that I broke out really badly after a few days of use and had to discontinue. If you can effectivley and gently remove this foundation then it will be great for you. I can't be too harsh with my skin or it becomes unhappy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by southfire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After hearing about the good reviews for this product, and also wanting a water-resistant foundation, I came across this....

1. SPF 42!!! woohoo!!! this is brilliant for me. I can wear this all day during hot hot weather and not burn my face. Not having to worry about sunscreen and the blemishes are nicely smoothed out.

2. I put this product to the test while being at the pool for 5 hours. Nothing got wiped out and my fae didnt get burned at all.

3. The coverage is perfect. Not too much, not too sheer.

4. The texture and sell feels and smells like a light foundation, no treaces of sunscreen at all. I dont use the sponge, my fingers is all i need.

4. IT IS a bit pricey, but if your looking for a practically water proof foundation thats light and has good coverage, I would definetly invest in this.

HOWEVER
There's not much of a colour range when chosing your foundation, they should bring in more skin tones that arnt just yellow based.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 11:30:00 AM More reviews by LipstickCouture

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really really do like this foundation. Like the others I was looking for a daytime foundation with SPF and excellent coverage for combination skin. I found it in this....a matte feeling foundation which covers well as the pores on my nose disappear and it does last all day. To be pinickity.....i don't like the smell and it feels a little drying. It also takes a lot to get rid of it from my face i.e. oil cleansers etc. Plus the bottle is a little small for the price but atleast its plastic so it won't break if i drop it. Additionally- don't get photographed with it on because your gonna look really white. Hey,....nothing is perfect....but this certainly comes close. Very very near HG material! EDIT: demoted, one lippie subtracted....i now never reach for it and prefer my NARS SG foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Shamim81

If you read all my reviews I never use Holy Grail, till now. This is my HG foundation. Too bad they dont carry it in Canada and I have to buy on eBay. I bought SP60 based on reviews here guessing it would match my NC35 skin and it's right on. ALL I want from a foundation it does:
- STAYS ONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!
- SPF 42, cant get any better
- Feels nice and light
- Though you might think it's expensive, little goes a LONG way
- Looks as natural as you can look with foundation on
I just ordered my second bottle on eBay (love eBay). I'm a foundation whore and I'm never loyal to one foundation so this is a BIG deal for me. If you want something nice and cheap read reviews for Rimmel's long lasting foudation, I just bought a second tube of those too for those days I get bored and wanna put something new on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 2:56:00 PM More reviews by mm2015

This is a really nice foundation and being asian, the colors worked really well with my skin tone. I am MAC NC 20-25, and I am SP30 in the Shiseido. I moisturize well first. Then I prime my face first with either BE Primer I think it's call Prime Time), or my YSL primer. Then, I squeeze a tiny bit (a drop that is like the DIAMETER of a chickpea or thereabouts) of the Shiseido foundation in a little flat dish. Then I dip my foundation brush (I use the ADesign pointed foundation brush...pic in my profile) in the drop and dab it on one area of my face at a time and work it in. I do my whole face in this manner. The finish is definitely matte. I top it off with Colorescience Sunforgettable powder sunscreen in perfectly clear (which is actually slightly tinted) on top. This lasts all day on my combo skin, through running errands, 2 hours of sweaty exercise, etc. It is still on my skin after 15 hours. I do use a oil cleanser to remove followed by a regular cleanser. I have had no issues with this foundation. No breakouts, oxidation, etc. You MUST moisturize first though because as everyone says, this foundation will accentuate every little flake! Wish it was a bigger bottle and wish I could see how much is left but all in all, it's a great foundation!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2009 6:49:00 AM More reviews by flirty

I really wanted to like this foundation because there are not many that have such a high SPF. I tried on 3 different shades. And one was either too light and the next shade darker would be way too dark. The shades also looked chalky. And the makeup itself felt (and looked) heavy. I could definitely feel the foundation on my skin. Big disappointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by xjslx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i can't imagine finding a better foundation than this. i have consistently oily skin, and this is a foundation that does best at mattifying. with this foundation alone, i still have to blot every 3 hrs or so, but that's definitely a good thing, as i'm so oily that i usually need to blot once every hour. (with fyrinnae's primer underneath this foundation, it gets even better... don't need to blot for up to 4 or 5 hours)
yes, the shade is very limited, but i try to make do with the shade that the SA picked for me, it's not right on the money, but good enough.... will definitely repurchase, this is a great foundation with good coverage and oil control. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2009 8:24:00 PM More reviews by saomia

I love this foundation, it's great for my combination to oily skin. It is so comfortable to wear, it last all day until I remove it, easy to apply with a foudation brush. I don't use the sponge that came with it. The shades are dark, I'm Asian with fair to medium skintone and the lightest shade in sp10 is perfect for me. It is recommended to remove this with an oil cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2009 3:26:00 PM More reviews by JYCS19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

NOT AVAILABLE IN CANADA!! WHY OH WHY!!?!?!?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2009 9:22:00 AM More reviews by plavusa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this foundation. I have combination skin, oily in T-zone and this is the first foundation that keeps my shine under controle. I tried many foundations ( Mac studio fix fluid, CD Forever, Lancome maquimate, teint idole, Helena rubinstein-spectacular,Chanel-mat lumiere, Sisley and many more) but this is far the best foundation. When I go to weddings I put it on and it looks great. You have to shade Your face and cheeks with bronzer or blush and You will not look like ghost on pictures.