December 22, 2014 | 1840 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

PSA: Product was recently reformulated.

Product Info: Newly reformulated, this full-coverage, liquid foundation leaves a flawless, transfer-resistant, dewy and luminous finish that lasts for hours. Resistant against water and oil. PABA-free.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by Theundercore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation was a bit dry and too pinkish on my yellow- undertoned skin. I liked the concept.. but the match was just horrible. I had to return this after someone asked me why I was so red that day.. boo!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by shhhh

The coverage and staying power on this product is great. I also love that high SPF, but the formula is really heavy and I felt like my pores were drowning. Great for days outside where you need lasting coverage, but not for every day wear.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by kerrilberri

OK so I tried this product for the first time today and I have to say I love it. I keep checking myself in the mirror and even after 5 hours it is still flawless. After reading all the reviews I decided to apply it with my skunk/stipple brush and the outcome was a flawless airbrushed look. I did not buy a full size yet. I received a sample of the sp 60 which looks great but I feel it looked a bit ashy before i applied my bronzer and blush so I may test out a different color. Anyway, I have tried every foundation out there... Lancome, Clinique, Benefit, Laura Mercier, Gorgio Armani, SKII...the lists goes on and on.....and I have never been this happy right from the start. I haven't even had to blot my face once today and that is a miracle for me. My skin looks smooth, my pores look invisible ( I have enormous always clogged pores) and it even covers my melasma. I didn't even use a primer today because I did not want anything to interfere with the effect of the makeup. It has not budged!!! This is definitely HG material.
UPDATE...ok so I strayed from this for a bit. For the past few months I was on an airbrush makeup kick ( tired Dinair, Temptu, Graftobian) then ultimately decided it was too much work to use and clean the airbrush every morning so I went back to my usual search for the perfect foundation. I tried El double wear and double wear light, Clarins, MUFE, Laura Mercier, Trish Mc Avoy and Stila One step, Lancome and Chanel....None of them compared to to my beloved Shiseido. My singular complaint about Shiseido is the color selection, besides that, the coverage, texture, staying power, oil control and sun protection can not be beat by anything else out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 4:17:00 PM More reviews by wee_moggie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow!

I tried this based on Paula Begoun's review and all your reviews, as well as LisaSz09's. It sounded too good to be true: I need a high SPF, plus something that would be very drying for my oily skin, had good coverage, and came at least close to my skin color.

After the saleswoman put several colors on the back of my hand, I chose SP40. It is definitely lighter than what I've been wearing (L'Oreal's True Match in W3), but it matches my skin so much better. My face is paler than the rest of me anyway. Also, the W3 was too dark and orange on me. I had also been using Revlon's Active Light foundation in Sand Beige, which matches, but is too moist for me.

Here's what I love about this foundation:

1. SP40 really does match my face.

2. It has great coverage that you can layer, and it covers my roseaca and melasma great, as well as the broken capillaries on my nose.

3. It gives me such a matte finish! I've cut my powder use in half. I set it with just a little powder (Neutrogena's Mineral Pressed Powder in Classic Ivory), and then I only have to blot just a little bit during the day. This is so amazing for me!

4. I love the packaging. It won't break if I drop it, and the tube is very sanitary and non-messy. Plus, it looks like a little alien!

5. The SPF is so high, and it is all titanium dioxide, which is my preferred sunblock ingredient.

The only con is that it is expensive. I paid $33.50 USD, but it will just have to be my one splurge. I buy all my other products at the drugstore. This foundation is worth it! Also, a little goes a long way, so with all the other pluses, I think it will pay for itself nicely!

Definitely my new HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by jlou

Wow! I am impressed. After reading so many positive reviews I had to try this. I decided to go to the closest counter to me and they only carry three of the colors! Looking at the colors on the Shiseido website I figured I would be SP10 or SP20 but the girls at the counter put the 20 and 30 on me and I ended up choosing SP30. I am pretty fair but I liked the more yellow undertone of the 30. It is actually a great match. It is weightless going on and does dry quickly but it's not a problem for me. I have been using Teint Idole for some time now and I do still love it but this is definitely the replacement for daytime. I have used many different tinted moisturizers and foundations with spf but this one is truly amazing. I will probably wear this year round during the day...I love it. I had it on for about 16 hours today and it looks good still! Seriously. I have finally found my HG. YAY!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2009 9:42:00 AM More reviews by tweety1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also saw the review by LisaSz09 on youtube she made this product sound to good to be true, but I needed to check it out for myself so I bought this a few weeks ago, wow wow wow this product is amazing it does everything it say on the bottle I use it with a sponge and it works great as LisaSz09 Does, I am a foundation junkie and was on the hunt for the perfect foundation i have tried high street brands to top end brands like korres wild rose , chanel, dior nude , i have found my HG , this product says on all day until you wash it off , I bought this in sp60
I am so pleased I found this product I will never buy any other foundation I so happy with the results :>)
I have now felt this has been drying out my skin so no longer using this 8th Jan 2010 so disappointed

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2009 10:20:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Great stuff! I also was turned on to this by LisaSz09 on YouTube. I never would've tried this product, otherwise. The only gripe I have is the color- it is a yellow based foundation, I got a lighter shade, so I think you could make it work that way if you have pink undertones, like I do.
I love the package- squeeze tube, which I love next to a pump, this is the next best packaging. I love the finish- it's not shiny - it's a matte finish, but not so matte that leaves you looking chalky. Blends like a dream, covers very nicely with just a little bit. Plus, it stays put. I'm really happy about the high SPF it has. I have been using MAC's Prep & Prime SPF 50 under my makeup, so now I can skip that step if I'm in a hurry. Go try this if you have combo or oily skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 12:45:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it! This foundation provides a very matte finish that stays all day. Realistically, after a day in the middle of hot, humid summer, your makeup is not going to look the same as when you put it on in the morning but with this foundation it at least still looks good. I got my bottle for $29. I wouldn't pay that much for MAC SFF but I have a lot of faith in Shiseido so after watching LisaSZ09's review on Youtube I got a bottle of this. I've used it for about a week and it's great. I haven't had any problems removing it with my normal cleanser. You only need a very tiny amount, since it's very fluid and spreadable. Also I really prefer using my fingers to apply it because I find that the sponge can just soak up the small amount you need before it even gets to your face. FYI in MAC Studio Tech I'm NW15 but I have a tan now, so I got SP20 in this one. In wintertime I'd probably use SP10. Even though the SP20 is slightly yellower than SP10, it blends with no problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2009 7:12:00 AM More reviews by acurrens

i love this foundation! i have rosacea and had a hard time finding a foundation that doesn't settle into my pores, hides redness, and doesn't pool in areas after hours of wear. i also have acne/oily prone skin and it hasn't broken me out and covers so well without looking cakey. it also doesn't irritate my skin and protects skin from the sun.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by basakizmir

Best best best foundation I ever had!!! i'm not using anymore dior, estee or i.d bare foundations, this one much much better. SP 10 is completely suitable for my very fair skin. High spf, matte finish and staying power all are perfect, anymore i dont want to use other foundations. Thanks Shiseido, lastly i found my HG foundation thankssss!