July 30, 2014 | 2064 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 4:05:00 PM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Next to Revlon Colorstay, this is my second favorite drugstore foundation. I got a good color match with Sand and I like how well this foundation stays and lasts even in humid weather and with my oily skin. It doesn't fade around my nose or chin area the oiliest parts of my face. I don't know about the blemish fighting properties though. I would say this foundation has med-full coverage. EDIT: I think they might be discontinuing this foundation since I have seen it on clearance a various stores. Pick one up if you like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by amanda23

Ok the packaging isn't the greatest but I have to say that I've been using this foundation off and on for about the past 6 years or more and I always end up coming back to it. For a drugstore foundation it looks very nice. It gives me the perfect amount of coverage, I love the colour, photographs nicely, controls oil, doesn't break me out, is decently priced, I could really go on all day. I like to try new products which is the only reason I stray but when other things end up breaking me out or disappointing me somehow (which they always do) I come back to this. I'll probably be using it for years to come. Update: I had stopped using this for a few years and strayed elsewhere, I don't know why. I have recently come back to this and am left wondering why I ever left. This stuff is really the best. It makes my skin looked perfect but not overly made up, doesn't seem to clog my pores and doesn't get oily like nearly ALL OTHER FOUNDATION I'VE USED! I might also add that I use the colour 'Sand' on my NC25 skin and it is an exact match, very seamless.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2011 12:50:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't get why this stuff has garnered such a high review... I didn't think it was so great. It provides a bit more coverage than say, L'oreal's True Match, with a far more matte (almost powdery) finish, but despite the initially nice finish, I didn't find it to be at all reliable; it seemed to oxidize and fade fast--and I am currently on the drier side of combo! The salicylic acid in it is also absolutely useless. I had read that the ph was too high for it to work here and this definitely seems to be the case, as this stuff broke me out just as much as most of the other drugstore foundations (the ingredients in this are not so different from them).

I guess as far as drugstore foundations go it was decent, and probably a good choice for oily skin types--but if you've got a lot to cover and need reliable coverage, Revlon's Colorstay for combo skin or L'oreal's Visible Lift Serum Absolute seem like better choices. I'm currently using the Visible Lift foundation, and amazingly, it doesn't seem to clogg my pores (check out the ingredients). The finish is also way better--a bit like maybelline's liquid dream mousse stuff, but far better quality and coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ily143

Love this foundation ! It matches my skin perfectly , & makes my skin flawless all day . I havent really noticed a change in my complexion acne wise though . & im not a great fan of the bottle because you have to twist the lid hard till it closes . Otherwise , this is a great foundation !

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the best drugstore brand makeup I've ever used. I have been using it religiously for about 8-9 months now. I decided to get it when I was kind of pressed for cash. I couldn't buy my normal foundation, at the time I was using Bare Escentuals matte I believe, or perhaps the Urban Decay mineral makeup. I wanted to switch back to a liquid because I thought I needed more coverage. I wear beige and it blends in perfectly with the rest of my skin. I don't even have to put any on my neck. I think they might have changed the formula, I know it sounds weird, but the bottle used to say "Oily skin" at the bottom and the one I have now doesn't say that. Whatever the case, it has salicylic acid in it for helping with breakouts. I love this stuff and unless someone convinces me otherwise, I will chose to buy this over the more expensive brands you'd find at Sephora and Ulta, or in a department store. For example, I tried a similar MAC liquid foundation, which I still have two full bottles of, and that stuff gave me the worst cysts. Like, full-on lumps on my chin. The Almay has given me a whitehead or two, but that's because when I work sometimes I get sweaty, and I feel like if you're acne-prone like me it's only natural. To this day I have never, ever found a perfect product that completely and totally heals my acne. Maybe I'm missing something. But I've just come to accept that I will always have breakouts, since I have ever since 8th grade. The only time I stopped breaking out was when I was on accutane, now that stuff is absolutely miraculous. But I'm going off-topic here. This is a great makeup, it's a tad pricy for drugstore brand, around $12. If you use just a nickel-size amount 5 days a week, the bottle should last you 2-4 months. You can get it anywhere, well anywhere that sells Almay. I get it at Wal Mart. It covers great, looks natural, and is an all-around good makeup for acne-prone girls with oily/combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by rachel03

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really loved this product when I bought it a while ago. It has a nice, creamy texture that goes on smoothly. My only complaint is the packaging. I would prefer a pump. It's just more sanitary, but none the less, a great foundation. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by ayaspiralout

My most-used foundation is Almay TLC, but I don't have major complaints about this foundation either. The coverage is a little fuller than TLC, this is a solid medium coverage foundation. The liquid is pretty thick and pours out of the bottle easily- it hasn't been a big deal not to have a pump. I use it in the shade Buff which is more yellow than Buff in TLC, but it gets a little darker as it dries. It doesn't last quite as long as TLC and I don't like the finish as much (it's a bit more matte and chalky looking) but it lasts longer than most foundations which is a major plus for my oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Tramrak

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

i think this is a great find for a drugstore product. i have an absolute love affair going on with Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Inspired By Carmindy Your Skin Foundation (phewwww!) and have been using it just about since it first launched a few years ago. it covers amazingly, looks natural, doesn't cause problems-- it's all i could ever want in a foundation. unfortunately, due to hormones or birth control or just the fact that i'm approaching 30, my always normal and non-blemished skin began freaking out and breaking out into small, non-inflamed closed comedones (or blackheads that aren't black) all around my chin and jaw area a few years ago. i have tried many, many things to fix this problem and nothing seems to work long term, and lately i've been worrying that my Carmindy foundation could be adding to the problem. i decided that i wanted something lighter in a foundation for my skin since summer is here and that i wanted it to contain salicylic acid to help keep things clear and hopefully not further aggravate my chin problems. this foundation has just been wonderful for me. i first started using it just on my chin, but soon graduated to applying it all over my face and i have no regrets. it's very light textured, light-to-medium coverage (but still covers up the redness on my cheeks on the redness around my chin) and doesn't aggravate any clogged pore problems i have. i'm a MAC NC15/20 depending on the time of year and i use Ivory 120 in this which is a flawless match. i apply it with my trusty Sonia Kashuk egg shaped sponge (the BeautyBlender knockoff, which btw, i like MUCH better than the real BeautyBlender) and it smoothes on like a dream; a real second-skin where you can't even tell that i'm wearing foundation. i am so glad i took a leap and bought this before i even checked out the reviews here on MUA because it's become a staple in my everday regimen. a great foundation, great texture, helps clear pores without drying out your skin and looks beautiful, wears well throughout even a hot, sweaty day. i would highly recommend.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:53:00 PM More reviews by grldollies

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was using Clinique's redness solutions make-up since last November but now that it is May & in the 90's here in Fl - it is just not working out in the heat. Too oily & making me break out a bit, hence my thought - hey I should try the Clinique acne one - bad plan - bam twice as bad! Almay's Clear Complexion didn’t work so good either. Almay’s colors were a little better for me - less pink then Neutrogena skin clearing ones (which is what I am using right now). I think Alamy has better colors then Clinique's in my opinion & at 1/3 of the price too. Almay's clear complexion foundation smells good too - no bad smell. The make up went on great, blends & smoothes perfectly and had better coverage then the Neutrogena Acne clearing foundation. Best of all way less expensive then Clinique's Acne solutions. It stayed on nice all day, didn't dry me out or make me itch - but something in it makes me break out - almost as bad as the Clinique's acne solution foundation (so far the worst I’ve ever used!). I gave Almay’s Clear Complexion 3 stars because it has good ingredients and I think its a good quality product for the money. I also bought Almay's clear complexion concealer & it seams to work just fine & the color is good for me - not too pink. I also like the dabber applicator better then the Neutrogena skin clearing concealer applicator which is a squeeze push up type & is not as easy to use. I have set all four foundations with Too Faced Primed & Poreless Powder as a finishing powder and it just always works out fantastic. Love it! Most finishing powders age me - but this does not, It does not clog, oil up or crease and is relatively invisible. A little pricey but well worth the money. - It worked well with Almay so I recomend it along with this foundation. I would give Almay a try it may work for you, it’s a good product unfortunately it just didn't work for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by mcgrath1375

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this makeup. I have been using it for years. Almay is the only drugstore makeup that my Dermatologist said I could use. I have olive skin with more yellow undertones, so I have a hard time finding good shades. Most of the shades in this line have a Pink undertone, but I have found a good one for winter and summer alike.

This does not cause breakouts, even though it's a liquid foundation, and it doesn't dry me out. I even used it while on Accutane.

Once I cannot get much out of the bottle, I put some moisturizer in it and then use it more like a tinted moisturizer in the summertime. It has an SPF and it lasts forever....

This will forever be my go to foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No