April 23, 2014 | 1123 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Bartley

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Let me firstly say that I have never broken out from a product before. But this made me errupt in very angry, very painful red spots across my cheeks and forehead. I have counted seven spots so far.

The first time i used this, i mixed it with my SFF. It made my foundation blotchy and streaky, feeling almost impossible to set. The day after I broke out with one sore spot on my cheek. I decided to try again the next day with this as a base. Straight away my skin looked more even toned and super luminous. When I applied my foundation over it, my skin looked the most gorgeous it has ever looked. It was smooth, luminous, glowing. Every product applied like a dream. Half way through the day, however, my foundation [studio fix fluid] began to wear off a little, something i've never had before.

I woke up the next day with four new, very large, angry spots. They are painful and red, and so upsetting. Today [the day after] I have woken up with two more painful spots - even though i didn't wear strobe cream again.

I'm now too scared to even attempt to try Strobe Liquid instead, my skin has never looked so bad. I only ever break out once or twice a month if that, and now i look as though i suffer from acne. I'm so upset.

However, i realise that if you have dry skin, this will make your skin look amazing. I would definitely rec. a sample first though, i never expected to break out, and now my skin has never looked worse.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 4:21:00 AM More reviews by valdezc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Strobe Cream is good to use for highlighting an exact spot because you can get it just where you want it. Miss the old packaging because it was more simpler and easier to control the amount of product you want. It gives your face a nice healthy glow without looking like you were trying too hard. Shows up very natural on my NC44 skin. Would repurchase just because it blends very nicely with my foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by faerus

I use the strobe cream when my skin looks dull and tired because it really brightens the skin and gives me that perfect healthy glow. I also like to mix it with my foundation before a night out for a nice dewy effect. And it never turns oily or messy on me like so many other brightening product. Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Bourgeoisie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is excellent! However I didn't find it to be the greatest highlighter and on my dark skin it showed up rather pink. It blended nicely with my foundation for that gorgeous 'summer glow' look and acted as quite a nice primer for my foundation as well. I used it up pretty quickly and definitely plan on buying some more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I was working at another counter in a department store years ago and a MAC girl recommended it to me. I was hooked immediately. I would wear it alone, it woke up my complexion and gave it a luminous finish. It also works great as a primer underneath foundation. Love it love it love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Lysette143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love to use this with my MUFE HD foundation I also have the strobe liquid which is just as amazing as the cream the only difference to me is that the liquid seems to have more opalescent, iridescent, and luminous colour to it if that makes any sense. Any who this is what I do with the strobe cream it looks really good on cheek bones but mixed with your foundation. So I apply my foundation first brush or with my fingertips then i mix a little strobe with my foundation on the top of my hand and gently pat it on using my fingertips or a sponge where I need a highlight or whatever you're comfortable with. This is a very light moisturizer with the pigment that I described above but I like to use it as a highlight hope this helps! =O)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by winkcat

Under or mixed with foundation this works for me. Over foundation, it highlights every pore and imperfection. Also why is the lid curved - it won't stand on end!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by misscolette

Does the job, but this is too expensive for what it is! Makes me glow- looks fab under foundation, but you can find similar products at the drugstores that do the same effect. Revlon skinlights were awesome; im so sad they are gone!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by afterglow_ladydust

For a person with acne-prone skin, like me, this is not the best choice. I can't see any difference when I wear it alone, as a moisturiser and although I have to admit it is a great primer and the makeup glides easily, it always breaks me out. I mean, there are other common moisturizers suitable for combination skins, that work great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Discoball

Strobe Cream=Yummy! It is one of my favorite products of all time!!! It is universal in color, age, & body part! It looks amazing in photos on the shoulders and decolletage & as as a facial highlighter! Many Mac products have broken me out & this doesn't! I LOVE LOVE LOVE STROBE CREAM! xoxo!