April 17, 2014 | 975 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 3:58:00 AM More reviews by faerus

I use the strobe cream when my skin looks dull and tired because it really brightens the skin and gives me that perfect healthy glow. I also like to mix it with my foundation before a night out for a nice dewy effect. And it never turns oily or messy on me like so many other brightening product. Thumbs up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2009 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Bourgeoisie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is excellent! However I didn't find it to be the greatest highlighter and on my dark skin it showed up rather pink. It blended nicely with my foundation for that gorgeous 'summer glow' look and acted as quite a nice primer for my foundation as well. I used it up pretty quickly and definitely plan on buying some more!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great product. I was working at another counter in a department store years ago and a MAC girl recommended it to me. I was hooked immediately. I would wear it alone, it woke up my complexion and gave it a luminous finish. It also works great as a primer underneath foundation. Love it love it love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by Lysette143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love to use this with my MUFE HD foundation I also have the strobe liquid which is just as amazing as the cream the only difference to me is that the liquid seems to have more opalescent, iridescent, and luminous colour to it if that makes any sense. Any who this is what I do with the strobe cream it looks really good on cheek bones but mixed with your foundation. So I apply my foundation first brush or with my fingertips then i mix a little strobe with my foundation on the top of my hand and gently pat it on using my fingertips or a sponge where I need a highlight or whatever you're comfortable with. This is a very light moisturizer with the pigment that I described above but I like to use it as a highlight hope this helps! =O)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by winkcat

Under or mixed with foundation this works for me. Over foundation, it highlights every pore and imperfection. Also why is the lid curved - it won't stand on end!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by misscolette

Does the job, but this is too expensive for what it is! Makes me glow- looks fab under foundation, but you can find similar products at the drugstores that do the same effect. Revlon skinlights were awesome; im so sad they are gone!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2009 12:40:00 PM More reviews by afterglow_ladydust

For a person with acne-prone skin, like me, this is not the best choice. I can't see any difference when I wear it alone, as a moisturiser and although I have to admit it is a great primer and the makeup glides easily, it always breaks me out. I mean, there are other common moisturizers suitable for combination skins, that work great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Discoball

Strobe Cream=Yummy! It is one of my favorite products of all time!!! It is universal in color, age, & body part! It looks amazing in photos on the shoulders and decolletage & as as a facial highlighter! Many Mac products have broken me out & this doesn't! I LOVE LOVE LOVE STROBE CREAM! xoxo!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I gave this all medium reviews because I only see a certain need for this. I like to use it to sheer down foundations, or to add highlight on the skin.

When mixed with foundations it makes them have less coverage, and a sheer dewy finish.

Strobe Cream is actually a moisturizer, where as Strobe Liquid (a lighter weight texture of Strobe Cream) as no moisturizing capablities

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 1:04:00 PM More reviews by BunnyTimesThree

I love how this product looks on people. It gives a pinkish opal-like reflect on the skin, and when worn under makeup makes it look like an inner glow shining through.

However, I can't stand it. It makes me feel oily (I have normal to sometimes oily skin) and this makes me feel like I look wet. Also, I have tried to love it and wear it on numerous occasions and I always end up with huge disgusting pimples the next day. It does not agree with me at all. It is also a heavy moisturizer, so it is not meant for those with extremely oily skin, and is more geared toward the normal or drier sides.

It does look gorgeous on alot of people, but beware that it is a moisturizer that contains 'stuff' to give it that glowy look.