September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Moisturizers - MAC - Strobe Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2009 5:02:00 AM More reviews by blacklondon

An alright product. Nothing to write home to your lover about.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

I have been eyeing this for a long time. I usually request a little sample pot of it along with any other MAC purchases I make so I was kept going for a little while like that anyway but finally I bit the bullet (a $28 bullet)- while this is NOT the most expensive highlighter I own, that goes to Armani Fluid Sheer- it certainly is the most skin-care centered item. Had this been ONLY face shimmer, I never would have bought it. However it is CHOCK-FULL of antioxidants and my skin feels GREAT when I wear it. So I wear it like a moisturizer, and its shimmery characteristics are a distant second. A pea-sized amount is perfect for me, so I imagine this will last at least a year with regular use...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by heyitscarmen

I am in love ! I use this under foundation for a dewy look and it works wonderfully. I can't imagine running out of it anytime soon because it only takes a small amount of the cream to get the desire effect but when I do I'll definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by Calitia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my top 5 products with MAC cosmetics. I primarily use it on my cheekbones, but it does work well when I apply non-MAC foundations over it. This product is definitely one thing that gets people telling me that I have a glow about myself. I only share the secret with the closest of friends!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by macquadisiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this product for a long time (I have it in a total different package that I like more... it's more like a tube). At any rate, I love to put this product on my cheekbones for an extra highlight, but other than that, I don't find it to be very useful (definitely not worth the price). It doesn't show up under any of my foundations, so I always put it on TOP! That seems sort of strange... I also don't personally find it very moisturizing, but that may be because I have an old formulation.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by Vixxan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I mix this product with my foundation. I couldn't not get this product to work for me because of all the breakout. It did add a nice glow to my foundation but the breakouts were unbearable. I got a sample of strobe liquid from my MAC counter and to my surprise no breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/12/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Impetuous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, firstly, I honestly didn't know what to do with this product. I bought it when I was in South Korea In December and just getting into makeup.

Initially the MUA applied it all over my face. Not so much like a moisturizer, she must have been highlighting various areas. Due to my inexperience, I thought it'd be good to slather it all over my face when I got home. Not so good ;D The glitter face bothered me, so I let this sit at the bottom of my makeup bag for a while. As it was marketed as a Moisturizer, I don't actually feel too stupid about using it like that, I just looked incredibly stupid.

Recently a MUA friend of mine did my makeup. She rummaged around my bag, found this cream and used it as a highlighter on the tops of my cheeks. Hmm. So it's a highlighter and it does a good job at highlighting. It doesn't have a colour to it, so it's just kind of shimmery.

All in all, I don't love it, wouldn't buy it again, but damn, at least I found a use out of it? When I run out you won't see me scrambling to MAC to buy another. I'd much rather use Benefit High Beam, if only it didn't make my skin bubble up. Argh.

Good:
Nice as a highlighter, even if that isn't it's original purpose.
Good, hygienic packaging. Does stand up on it's own despite what other reviewers have said.

Bad:
A bit thick and heavy.
Kind of pricey at 20.50 for 50ml. Especially for a product I don't use so much.
Makes a glitter-bomb face if used as all over the face, so it's not a moisturizer as marketed.
If used as a highlighter inexpertly, it will highlight flaws. Boo.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 6:50:00 PM More reviews by lilaclufy19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find absolutely no difference between this and Strobe Liquid, besides the consistency. Essentially, they're the exact same product. I've been using both of them for highlighting, but they're a bit too subtle for that. In addition, these streak and smear my other make-up beneath (I use exclusively powder products on my face, with the exception of this). I tried using this as a moisturizer, but it's much too iridescent for that, and not creamy enough. I've resorted to using it on my under-eye circles, but it seems like a big waste to pay $30 for an under-eye cream that doesn't even moisturize. Wouldn't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by margiemay80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Another recent purchase for me. I've been layering this beneath my foundation, applying it to my entire face. I like that it provides light coverage - definitely not too heavy or oily - and makes foundation smooth on afterward. It provides a nice healthy looking dewy glow and I've found that it's given my make-up better staying power.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by idhren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I got this product I was actually supposed get the Strobe Liquid, but it had ran out, so the nice girl suggested I tried this instead. It was winter so she told me it'd be especially good as it moisturizes the skin.

I'm glad with the product - I use it on my cheekbone and sometimes on my cheek to even out redness - as it reflects light, it lightens the skin. I've discovered this product to be very creamy though, I'd liked to use it to cover my whole face with it to give all over glow, but with Strobe Cream the result would be way too oily and shiny. Liquid would do better with that. My skin is pretty fair and has redness, so for me the pinkish glow is just great.

It has never caused me any skin problems, and as you need just a little bit of this to give your cheeks amazing shine, the 50ml tube lasts long. Next time I'd like to try Strobe Liquid though.