Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 11/2/2007 10:38:00 PM

I don't get the bad reviews for this product either. Yeah, they're oily but that's because they're for taking off waterproof makeup! In fact, they're extremely oily so you don't have to tug on your eye area, which is the most delicate skin on your body. I only wear waterproof mascara and liquid eyeliner so I love these. As someone mentioned before, I use these before I wash my face and one pad usually works for both eyes since they're super saturated. I hardly ever lose any lashes with these pads because I don't have to tug. Plus they're dirt cheap. Been using these for about two years now.

on 10/27/2007 10:58:00 AM

After reading the comments left before me, I'm confused to why people are hating on this product as well.

Yes, your eyes will blur after using this product, but it does its job of taking off all my heavy eye makeup. I use this right before I wash my face with a foaming cleanser so that the oily residue goes away.

They come in a small container full of around 80 pads already soaked in the solution so you don't have to go reach for your cotton balls/pads. Obviously, it does not spill when you take it with you when you travel (which I love!).

If you do not like the oilyness of the pads, try using Almay's non-moisturizing pads. I have not tried them, but I have tried the liquid version and it does not get too oily or blur up my vision. I just didn't like it because I had to use more and take more time to take off my makeup, but that's just my personal preference.

on 10/7/2007 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Very horrible. Very oily. Removes the makeup, removes water proof makeup, but my eyes end up being too greasy, with only one pad!

on 10/5/2007 11:14:00 AM

This is such a horrible product! It stinks, hurts my eyes, and barely removes any makeup. I find myself really digging deep to get eye makeup out, which makes it hurt even more! I was stuck with a bulk pack of these and I still wouldn't' use them.

on 10/4/2007 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I also don't understand all of these horrible reviews, this pads are for getting off waterproof makeup and it does that very well! I def would say that moisturizing is an understatement and it does blur my vision like crazy, but after I use it I wipe away the oil with a tissue, simple as that! lol.

on 10/1/2007 11:43:00 AM

I. Hate. This. Product. It's so greasy, and so oily, it makes my vision blurry for a half an hour after I use it. I used it last night to remove my mascara because I didn't have anything else. I wrapped one of the pads in a sheet of toilet paper to blot off the excess oil all over it and THEN used it. I like the Almay makeup remover in the bottle. I bought this because I thought, "How neat! I don't need a cotton pad for this!"
I'm going to pawn this off on my brother-in-law who works in a haunted house and needs something to remove his heavy costume makeup at the end of the evening.

on 9/30/2007 12:11:00 PM

I don't get all of the horrible reviews. Yes, these pads are verrrrrry oily, and you WILL have to wash your face afterwards. And, yes, if the oil gets in your eyes, it will blur your vision. But, when all else fails, and you can't get that stubborn waterproof eye makeup off, this is key. I've bought these pads time and time again because they're inexpensive (about $5 for 80 pads), and they're effective. For every day use, I prefer the regular (ie. non-oily) ones,

on 9/14/2007 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

this is one of the worst things i have ever put on my face. i used it for the first time about 20 minutes ago and my eyes are still burning like crazy (even after washing my face and putting in eye drops). these pads are just pure oil and are HORRIBLE for your face,,,,, i am so sorry to have put that crap on my delicate eye skin.

never buy this.

on 9/2/2007 12:48:00 AM

Terrible!!! There is so much mineral oil on these that I had to wash my face 3 times to get it off and it got in my eye because it ran....I couldn't see for 5 minutes after using this! Buyer beware...

on 8/27/2007 9:15:00 PM

Absolutely horrible. My eyes are a greasy mess despite washing my face twice AND this crap stings like crazy. Just bought it. Just pitched it into the trash.