October 25, 2014 | 1243 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by KamieShammy

Bought a 3pc set off QVC for $65.00 which included a 32oz bottle of Purity, 32oz bottle of Microdelivery & 8oz jar of Hope

The price was great! The purity cleanser does do a good job in taking every speck of makeup off, I have to say that, but I do not like the tight filmy feeling my face is left with. So I wash again with my very moisturizing Mary Kay Timewise 3-in-1 cleanser. I will definitely keep using it & buying it but will always wash my face again with Timewise

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 5:26:00 AM More reviews by blondebum

I love using this cleanser to remove all makeup. It is gentle on my skin while also being effective at cleansing bacteria and dirt from pores. I have not found that my skin is dry or cracked after using this. Consistency feels very silky on face and the smell is very refreshing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by tshan89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

6th bottle, nuff said

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2013 10:11:00 AM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very good basic cleanser. I finally discovered that no matter which cleanser I use I should always try to remove most of my makeup before hand. I have been using coconut oil as a makeup remover and it works great. I only purchased a small bottle of this but I loved every drop. I enjoy the smell, reminds me of how a spa smells. Cleans well and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. The only downside is how expensive it is, I think $20 for a "normal" size of this cleanser is a bit ridiculous. If I had a gift card I might use it to splurge on this cleanser since I do like it, but I have found other cleansers that work just as well, and even better, than this cleanser. I have been loving Lush's Fresh Farmacy lately, you get a big chunk for $10. Purity made simple is a good cleanser with a bad price tag.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Shelbs7455

I wanted to like this cleanser so bad because i'm such a Philosophy fan however this cleanser did nothing for me. It failed to take off all my makeup even though I don't consider myself a heavy makeup wearer. It did not give my face that "clean" feeling that other cleansers do, it felt like I was washing my face with something that was going to leave it feeling oily and worse off than before. I ended up giving this cleanser away unfortunatly.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2013 4:00:00 AM More reviews by reneasnoke21

My mom introduced me to the philosophy brand and I do like some of their products. As for this cleanser, I wish I could give it a 4.5 because it's almost perfect. Super gentle, your face won't feel dry or super oily after using it, just really smooth :) Gets rid of makeup fairly well. But the only thing is that it is kind of on the pricey side. Other than that, it works well!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by lilmomomo

my fave makeup remover/cleanser for morning and night routine.

its the best.
doesnt cause breakouts and helps my skin when its acting up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by louisahm26

I wasn't sure how this would work with my acne-prone skin or my heavy mascara but it does. It removes all of my makeup really well and I don't feel the need to use a second cleanser afterwards. Whilst I wouldn't say it's necessarily improved my acne, it certainly hasn't made it any worse. It doesn't ever leave my skin feeling tight either, it's so gentle but effective. I personally think it has a lovely scent, it reminds me of spas! The only reason I'm not giving it a 5 is because a) it is pretty pricey and b) it can sting my eyes if I get it in them by mistake when I'm removing my eye makeup but it's nothing awful. I would repurchase this as it's perfect for lazy girls like me who want to remove their makeup, cleanse and tone all in one step!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by ChristinV11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was skeptical to try a cleanser with oils listed in the ingredients, but after hearing how sensitive the product was I figured why not try? Within a week or so, I noticed my skin was moisturized, my skin around my eyes were noticeably less dry and over all I had a good experience. I have now had this product a couple months and when I go to re-purchase I'll deffinitely buy the huge bottle! Only thing I dislike is the bottle, there's no pump. But whatever. It's a great cleanser that's easy on the skin, I'm going to combine it with my clarisonic routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by yalcrab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For some reason, this cleanser was very drying on my combination skin--my face feels really tight immediately after using it. That's the only thing keeping me from buying it again; otherwise, I actually like the smell (it's kind of sweet and mildly lemony scented, at least this is what my brain is telling me) and the lather is really nice and frothy. You don't need much, so a little bit goes a long way. While it may not suit my skin, I wouldn't dissuade others from trying it...