Clinique High Impact Mascara

3.6

water, copernicia cerifera (caranuba) wax, stearic acid, glyceryl stearate, polyisobutene, silica, acrylates copolymer, aminomethyl propanediol, vp/eicosene copolymer, sodium hyaluronate, lauroyl lysine, pantethine, melanin, panthenol, hydrolyzed wheat protein, ethylhexylglycerin, hydroxyethylcellulose, calcium aluminum borosilicate, pvp, propylene clycol, acacia senegal gum, isostearic acid, simethicone, dimethicone peg-8 polyacrylate, urea, disodium edta, bht, sodium dehydroacetate, methylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, isobutylparaben, phenoxyethanol, benzyl alcohol, [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), mica, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), blue 1 lake (ci 42090), aluminum powder (ci 77000), carmine (ci 75470), chromium oxide greens (ci 77288), yellow 5 lake (ci 19140), chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289), bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163), bronze powder (ci 77400), ultramarines (ci 77007), ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] [iln 30012]

on 1/26/2013 12:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a decent mascara. It gives you volume and length, is somewhat buildable, but has a tendency to clump. I use it only because I get contact eczema from most eye products. Otherwise, there are other products out there that are better for much cheaper, like Covergirl Lashblast volume.

on 1/20/2013 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The sales lady talked me into this when I purchased a clinique lotion.

The formula is extremely wet and there is so much product on the brush that it clumps instantly and is near impossible to correct - my top and bottom lashes stuck together and dried. Looks nasty! How can this be their 'best seller'?!

If you completely remove product from the brush head you can get an alright lengthening effect - but then again so would every mascara on the market probably.

I will most likely never try another clinique mascara again. Avoid! Better off with LM full blown volume - been my fav for a long time.

on 1/19/2013 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I received a free sample of this mascara. I found that it did not add length or volume and especially did not hold a curl. I have normal lashes - not too long or short. This mascara wasn't awful, it just wasn't special. I experienced some transferring during the day. Would not recommend or purchase.

on 1/18/2013 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

my favorite luxury mascara..doesn't flake, makes my lashes full by 100%!!

on 1/9/2013 10:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara was a wet, unimpressive mess on my lashes. It did make them look better than they do on their own, but not much. One thing I did really like about it was how black it was. I guess I should have known better, wet formulas don't agree with my lashes. They're pretty long, so it just weighs them down and/or gets all over the place.

on 1/9/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i got this as a gift and i was super excited to try it out.
the first time i used it, it was a wet mess..id blink and my eyelids would be covered in mascara.
i let it dry out and used it about a week later and the formula was already a little better.
the brush is nothing special, i dont have problematic lashes so the brush was okay for my lashes.
after a few uses i noticed my eyes became very irritated and the masacra was super flakey. the little flakes would get into my eyes aswell.
i tried so hard to like this mascara but after i finish this tube i will not be going back to clinique mascaras.

on 1/9/2013 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got this as a 100 pointer for Sephora. I thought, Clinique is not famous for their mascaras, this will probably go in the trash..well I was wrong. I have asian tiny little lashes and this one never clumps (A problem when your lashes are so small)
and lengthens and volumizes without looking OTT.

This is a little wetter formula which I personally prefer because dryer mascaras make my lashes look hard. And liquidy ones look more soft for me, and its more lightweight.

This keeps curl well too, a common problem for asians!

I was wearing this the other day, and a stranger (who is Caucasian and has beautiful lashes) commented on how great my lashes looked!!!

Definitely will be buying full sized mascara!!

on 1/9/2013 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This mascara is so so. It volumizes and lengthens, but it will smudge unless you really wipe practically everything off the brush. Then you have a big mess at the top of the tube. I think ds mascaras work better without all the work..

I love this mascara. It is one of the few products that I actually thinks works better as you use it up - it doesn't dry up like other brands, meaning you can really use it until it is gone. When you get a new tube, it is VERY wet though - so try not to blink hard or open your eyes to wide for about 20 seconds or you will print some above our below your eyes (ack!). I like my mascara to wash off easily with water and this rinses off cleaner than anything else I have tried (saving a step and more products...). I don't find it flakes either.

If I am feeling fancy I will buy it - but ultimately, I have found drugstore brands that offer similar results (maybe not quite the same) but for a quarter of the price (I like maybelline plush). Sometimes the price just can't be justified!

Its just not that special mascara.

Popular Mascaras