Clinique Rinse-Off Foaming Cleanser

3.5

Water, Potassium Myristate, Glycerin, Potassium Behenate, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Potassium Palmitate, Potassium Laurate, Potassium Stearate, PEG-3, Distearate, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Trisodium EDTA, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Violet 2, Red 4

on 8/7/2009 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

First of all, the Clinique lady told me this would remove makeup, which is DOES NOT. I don't know what she was thinking telling me that. Anyway, that being said, it's just an average face cleanser...it applies nicely and rinses off fine but I didn't feel like it did much else for me. I don't feel like it penetrated into my skin the way other cleansers do. Def never buying this again.

on 8/7/2009 12:48:00 PM

This cleanser was really a mixed bag for me. I got it as a GWP. The first thing I was not pleased about was the direction that you use this cleanser, then you still have to wash your face. That's just a no-go for me. I have never used a separate facial makeup remover. I have found enough good cleansers, cheap and expensive, that do a wonderful job of removing all my makeup while cleansing that I can't understand why I would want to buy two separate products to do what one can do.

What I liked about it:

You only need a very small amount. A full size tube of this must last a long time. You can get even a small amount to foam well just by adding a little water.

The product really feels quite luxurious. It's rich and thick and creamy.

No unpleasant smell. Just a clean scent.

My face felt nice after using it.

I tried using it both just on it's own, and using a regular cleanser after. I really didn't notice any difference. I really think that using this on it's own cleans well enough. Especially if you are someone who uses a toner. I tried using the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 after cleansing with this, and that was ok. Since I am acne prone, I was paranoid about just using this cleanser without following with another for a long period of time. Since they indicate you are supposed to cleanse twice, I don't want to take a chance of causing breakouts.

I'll stick with using one great cleanser that can do the job.

on 7/29/2009 4:02:00 PM

I bought this product a few times but lately I've been buying the drug store brand because of the price. I will become poor to buy this product! I love it, it's gentle and washes away all the makeup I wear for the day. The drugstore brands did an okay job but still left make up, especially eye makeup in the corners of my eyes. (I do cleanse my face well!) The quantity is good, they give you alot and a little goes a long way, but a little pricey. I've bought this 3 times before and I will continue buying this make up remover. I have combination (oily t-zone) skin and it cleanses without drying my skin out.

I really like this product! It is actually a makeup remover, not a face "soap", but to be used before the clinique facial soap. It does remove makeup very well, and didn't dry out my skin. It was very gentle. A++!

on 7/9/2009 11:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have never actually purchased this cleanser. I've only been using the GWP samples I've gotten. I like to use it the shower. Feels like it gets my face really clean. I prefer the facial soap to this though.

This was an alright cleanser but dried my skin out really bad. To sum it up: It was a good basic cleanser that was really overpriced and had no benefits to my skin. Basically you can get a drugstore cleaner that will work the same as this one for cheaper.

on 6/27/2009 7:17:00 PM

Used this product once in the past, but stopped using because of price.
After a string of cheap cleansers, that dont get my heavy duty eye makeup away, I decided to try this again. Boy am I happy I did! It does get all the makeup and eyestuff away, and leaves the skin nice and soft.. The price is high for a cleanser, but will repurchase after this.

Definitely not for me. Dries out my skin and does not rinse very well, though it removes makeup completely.

on 6/19/2009 1:47:00 PM

I don't know what happened with this. I used this years ago, and loved it. I recently bought it again, and it really stung my eyes. In fact, my eyes are still irritated and I used it 2 days ago. Needless to say, I am taking it back and will try something else. It used to work really great.

on 6/12/2009 8:46:00 PM

i love how it cleans my face, it can remove my makeup easily. i also like the tiny bits that gently clean my face and make it soft and hydrated.