Maybelline Ultra Liner Waterproof

3.0

on 2/22/2010 2:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Great packaging! Loved the brush! But the liner itself? Not good. About an hour after I applied it, I looked in the mirror and noticed it was PEELING off! Not flaking. Like, I could literally peel it off. I threw the rest of it out.

on 2/11/2010 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I bought this b/c my aunt liked it. Not for me. It dries with a gloss and is hard to apply. Good for funerals or a day when you will be crying alot, or swimming. Those are the only times I use it.

i hate this it cost me six bucks and the brush sux. the handle is short and it impossible to line my eyes in a straight line, it is terrible. i hate that i wasted money on it. :(

on 1/27/2010 11:21:00 AM

For a while, this was my go to eyeliner. I have extremely oily lids. In addition, I always unintentionally touch my eyelids and for such reason, I like this eyeliner because it is really that only liner that doesn't smudge. It applies and dries like a paint and doesn't have the chalky texture that most liners have. That being said, it does flake off. There are times, when the corner starts to flake and I can actually peel the whole thing off. The applicator is very soft which for me, makes its hard to apply it. I tend to press down really hard and it ends up getting very shreaky. I find that when you don't apply it correctly the first time, adding layers onto the first coat can make it crack and flake off more easily.

I don't know if I would buy this product again. I would only recommend this product to people want an eyeliner that does not smudge and at the same time are good at applying liquid liners.

on 1/16/2010 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like how the thin brush lets me draw a thin line and the liner is waterproof/smudgeproof but these are the only things I like about it.

What I don't like: For me, it got thick and glumpy in less than a few weeks and that made it hard to get a thin line. But the most annoying thing was that I had to apply a thin coat of this because thicker coats flake and peel off. Because of the peeling, it's definitely not rub-proof.

I think if you're good with liquid eyeliner and can get a perfect line in only a few strokes -- even better if you can get it done in one sweeping stroke -- this might work for you. But I like to do lots of short strokes and then go back over the line to smooth it out so I can't get a thin coat on.

Lastly, when it dries, it's very shiny -- it's like applying patent vinyl to your lashline. To be honest, I can't think of a look this would be appropriate for except maybe theatrical wear. I wouldn’t choose this for smoky or natural looks.

on 1/15/2010 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i love this.
its dark, stays on!!!!!
and i can even put it on on the bottoms of the lash, though not the waterline, i tried :/ lol.
its waterproof, yet easy to take off at night! you shouuld buy this, i know i will. mines running out already,.

on 1/14/2010 9:01:00 PM

This is the best liquid liner I have ever tried! I wear it every single day and get compliments all the time. The brush is great perfect for making thin or thick lines. The formula is very dark and has amazing staying power! its perfect and for 6$ you can't beat that.

Hmm, there are a lot of things that I like about this product, but at the same time I dislike it as well. I like that it's very black- perfect for covering up false eyelash bands. Also, I like the price. Everything else I hate- from the brush tip (all the bristles go haywire, then it's impossible to get a nice clean thin line), the burning sensation I get when I apply it (but only until it dries, still scary though), the clumps that form in the bottle after having the product for a week. I have to use a separate liner brush. The last thing that is a bit hard to describe is that though the liner does dry matte... it's a reflective matte, almost like it ampliflies the texture of the skin it sits on. See picture for explanation.
continued >>

on 12/29/2009 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I personally like this eyeliner. It's never flakes on me despite the numerous people who say it does, well unless i rub it, but what eyeliner doesn't get mess up once you start messing with it. It doesn't smudge, stays put for a long time, cheap and takes forever to use up. I used it basically everyday for 2 years and it still has some eyeliner left. I recently bought my second bottle too.

on 12/27/2009 10:08:00 AM

Looks harsh. Stays put but if it does flake, it looks strange because there's a piece missing.