September 18, 2014 | 940 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 7:46:00 PM More reviews by ChickenTenders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this, this has become my HG foundation. I have seriously tried them all (MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Prescriptives, etc.) This is a powder that melts into the skin without sitting on top and looking powdery. It makes my pores appear smaller and makes me look airbrushed. Sure, it's not as finely milled as the high end products, but it does the job. It has sheer to moderate coverage and has NEVER broken me out (I'm sensitive with hormonal breakouts). The lightest color Laurel Nude is a perfect match for my fair/cool skin. At only $10, this is a great find. I found it at Sally's Beauty Supply and Ulta stores. Check it out, you won't be disappointed. **EDIT** Tried this wet just for fun. The color comes out MUCH darker when used wet, so be advised. I only wear this dry, so this is not an issue for me. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by win24

I've been using this product for years. I can't find around here anymore so I have to order it online. The price is reasonable. I use it dry and it does a nice job of matting my face. I hope the company continues to make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2009 4:32:00 AM More reviews by petitepoire

OMG!!! where has this foundation been my whole life?! seriously, had i discovered this sooner, i could've saved myself so much money. I decided to get this after reading all the MUA reviews. i've been looking for a cheaper alternative to my HG Smashbox Function 5 cuz hey...i can't afford to be spending $36 on a powder that hits the pan quick no matter how much i love it. well anyways, this is my new HG. I got this in cypress beige. my skin tone is a light-medium leaning a little more to the light side. I wear Smashbox in Fair 2 for reference. i got this for $10 at Ulta. the first thing i noticed what that the color matched me PERFECTLY. this has NEVER happened in my life! i'm talking about swatching it with my finger on my face and not seeing a difference at all in color. i was worried it was going to be too dark for me. i love that it has rice powder in it to control oil but also making it lightweight on my skin. i apply this dry with the sponge it comes with. for the first time ever, i was able to get full coverage out of a powder foundation without feeling cakey, heavy, or powdery. it felt really light on my skin like it wasn't even there. but i could see that i got full coverage from it but it looked really natural, like i naturally had a good complexion. i would say that the finish is a semi-matte with adjustable coverage. i haven't tried it with a wet sponge yet. i usually don't use powder foundation wet even if they are wet/dry. i haven't had a breakout yet. i'll update if i do. i'll probably go down a shade to laurel nude in winter. i really love this foundation. i was pretty long lasting throughout the day. and controlled the oil from my t-zone very well. i applied at 9am, i didn't have to blot until about 7pm. the packaging is durable, high quality plastic. much better quality than your average drugstore brand. it's a double layer compact where the sponge stores underneath and i'm happy it's not too bullky. some compacts are just too big, defeats the purpose of compact. the sponge it comes with is decent. it's not useless that's for sure. i don't have a problem with using it at all. it just feels like a thick rectangular generic sponge. the pan is 8g so i might hit the pan quick. but that's still more than Smashbox and hey, for $10 it's worth it. i'm so glad i gave this a try. i would definitely repurchase this.

EDIT 11/12/09 - Although i found my perfect color on the first try, i wish there was a wider color range because there isn't a color that's going to match me in winter. so i'm going to use MUFE Duo Mat in winter. another thing is, i've found that all my blushes don't hold too well on it. all my high pigmented blushes(MAC and NARS) last long like they normally do. But the color doesn't go on as pigmented or bright as they usually do on other foundations. i'm still cheaping it at 5 lippies because i think it's a really great product for the price. i'm on my second compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by magentagreen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Palladio is my discovery of the year. The quality of their products for such a low price is amazing.
This powder is my current everyday staple foundation. I use it dry. I found it applies better with a sponge than brush. When I apply it with a brush, it accentuates my pores for some reason. Not so with a sponge. It goes smoothly and evenly allover the face. After I'm done applying I press it with the provided sponge into my skin really well and that's it. It might look little powdery at first, but it melts with your skin after 30 min or so. The finish is matte and pretty natural, the coverage is light to medium, depending on how much you use. I do get a little bit oily forehead after several hours, but I just apply little more of the powder and that takes care of it. It doesn't disappear from my skin, and I don't use any primer, maybe because of "pressing with the sponge" application.
Like all the powders, it will get cakey if you overapply it, especially if you apply a heavy layer straight on. I didn't try it wet, but it is wet/dry foundation and you can try wet application for a full coverage.
This has talk in it, so if you dislike talk products this is not for you.
The color range is not the best. I use the lightest shade available, Laurel Nude and is pretty good match for my NC 20-ish (more between 15 and 20) skin tone. It could be a tad lighter but it's still fine.
Packaging is great. Sturdy black box with mirror and a separate chamber for the sponge. Not too bulky to put it in handbag.
All in all, a really good pressed powder if you can find color match.
I also love their brow powder (only the brush sucks) and their herbal lip glosses. Very happy to discover this brand.
PS. This powder doesn't have any built in sun protection, which I like a lot, because it doesn't interfere with my sunscreen underneath. (Lots of powders have "uncoated" zinc oxide which destabilizes avobenzone in sunscreans)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by bebo1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was really pleased with this, a real shocker considering how many times I've been disappointed after reading glowing reviews about other products. I bought the lightest shade, which is a good match for me. I tried using this dry with no other foundation, and it gave nice, natural coverage. It didn't look powdery, dry, cakey... just soft and smooth. I've NEVER had a powder look so nice on my skin! Unfortunately, it was completely gone within a couple of hours, otherwise I would give it 5 stars for sure.

So now I've been just using a light dusting of this over my liquid foundation for a bit of extra coverage and to take away shine. Also great for spots... I just dampen my finger, dab it in the powder, dab on my spot, and it's magically gone! Seriously, if only the lasting power were better, it would be perfect!!! I do get really oily and not much lasts on me, though...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by oohollyoo

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this oxidized and had no oil control. i looked orange and shiney : (

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by DeltaChai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my highest rated products. I really really love this powder. I have been searching for a good powder foundation for months and I stumbled across this on a whim. I was not expecting much from a drugstore product priced at $10. I'm a huge makeup snob. This is a true powder FOUNDATION, not just a pressed powder to set makeup. It does a good job as this as well, however. I have this in 400 Laurel Nude which is a perfect match for my cool/neutral fair skin. It's very silky and light on the skin when applied with a large powder brush. It covers well enough to where I don't need any kind of concealer. It's fresh and keeps the oil away from my skin. Pores are reduced and I do not detect any scent. HE brands should be ashamed they are charging triple the price for their products when this is just as good. I really like the packaging. Black with a separate chamber for the sponge. It's good quality packaging for the price. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 5:36:00 PM More reviews by rustythecat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why I stopped using this foundation years ago, because its rocks for me. Everything about it, color, texture, keeps the greasies at bay. I guess I had to spend a fortune to appreciate this. I use the liquid form in a similar shade as my primer and then finish off with this and it is flawless. I have read where many women have said their husbands/boyfriends etc. have commented on their looks after using a particular product, and I thought geee,,,,, how nice my husband wouldn't notice if my face was painted purple, I WAS WRONG, after appyling this make up and walking downstairs to greet him he says, " gosh honey your face looks so soft and creamy". Now that was HUGE for my hubby to say, so I hope they never stop making this in my lifetime.

Edit: Discontinued use. The rice powder was too drying for my normal to dry skin.The quest continues....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2009 5:25:00 PM More reviews by knightranch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oil-free and good coverage when used dry. I have oily skin and this powder has a good matte, not-too-powdery finish and lasts as well as the dept store powder foundations I have tried over the years (Clinique, Lancome, MUFE, etc.). Ivory Myrhh is a good match my skin tone but just a tad dark (I tried Laurel Nude but it was too light for me and I am fair with pink undertones). The price is a huge plus at $9.99 from Sally. No more spending $20-$35 on powder foundation! I am going back to Sally to stock up on a couple more!! Highly recommend giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by MonaG79

This products is the best I have ever tried! This is comparible to the Shiseido smoothing compact foundation but even better! This one is not oily and it lasts all day! I am fairly light and the cypress beige color matches my skin perfectly! I love that it doesn't have the yellow undertone which tends to make my face turn a bit orangey towards the end of the day. I promise this is the best product I have ever used. I used to use Shiseido, Christian Dior, Lancome, Estee Lauder, (Mac made me break out), and they just do not compare to this product. I can't believe I was spending all that money with dept. brands!
The palladio powder/foundation is perfect, it's oil free which is good because I have very oily skin. I also bought the palladio concealer stick to cover up the small blemishes or little discolerations. The concealer stick does not crease or run at all. I even put a little concealer all over my face...just a little and it just evens out my skin. It is matte and oil free. Then I add the palladio powder foundation (dry) and it just goes on so smoothly and evenly. I swear that people compliment my skin and they tell me my face looks air brushed! It really does and I love that this lasts all day, doesn't feel oily, and is so light...yet it still gives that full coverage and perfect complexion. My skin is very sensitive and always tends to break out easily and this product did not do that to my skin...if anything, it improved my skin.....I love it!
Trust me, I never write reviews but this was worth it. I need to get the words out there!

- Stella