January 27, 2015 | 1287 users online

Toners - LUSH - Tea Tree Water

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2009 3:32:00 AM More reviews by cendana

Note: what doesn't work for me not necessarily apply to you.

This did NOT work for me. I think it's either it's too strong for my skin or tea tree just doesn't work well with my skin.
The first time I used this, my cheeks turned tomato red and bumps started to appear out of nowhere. The 2nd time I used it, I had irritation/itchiness on my forehead and chin. And I stopped, never again will I use this! I guess my skin just didn't like it. Tea tree works with a lot of people, just not for me. I've learnt it the hard way.

I went back to Lush, and the SA was nice and did an exchange, and she gave me a milder toner "Eau Roma Water", and I have no reaction whatsoever so far, and I've been using it for about a week now and no irritation or itchiness... I also think it calms your skin in the mildest way possible. But I'll get back to do a review on Eau Roma Water separately after I've used it longer.

Tea Tree just didn't work for me, and I would not repurchase this. But as I said, what didn't work for me, might work for you. It's all individual.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by kittje

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I spray it on to remove dirt, and before I do my aspirin/peppermint/honey mask and it works great. It really helps even my skin tone and reduce redness, and get rid of bad oils.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2009 1:06:00 PM More reviews by scratchcard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is... just a product. It really did nothing for my skin whatsoever. Also I use the Greased Lightning as well, and these contain almost the same ingredients, so I guess thats why.

I will not buy this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 7:51:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

Very seldom does a Lush product fail me, and this is one of them. I have sensitive acne prone skin, I thought using this would help keep my skin clear. When I first spritzed this on, it definitely smelt strongly of tea tree oil. The mist was cool and refreshing, however this product really stung my face! Maybe it was because had a few blemishes that were healing- regardless this product is intended for acne prone skin, therefore it should not sting or burn! Itís possibly I may have had a particularly strong batch, but I wonít experiment twice.

Lush Toners are nice, but they donít make your skin cleaner, their just refreshing, I found it equally affective just to spray organic rose water on my face, for $3 you get twice the amount Lush gives you for $9.
Happy Shopping!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 9:20:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I feel like I had put too much expectation onto this toner. For its price (~$9), I had expected something spectacular especially with all the ravings. However, I found nothing special about this toner that I couldn't supersede with another more reasonably priced toner. In fact, I think I can probably make a homemade tea tree toner but of course for cheaper the price.

The toner has a pleasant scent and comes in a spray bottle which I adore. It has not made my skin break out but has not reduced my acne/redness either. I find that because I have combination skin, the toner makes my cheek area extremely dry. Overall, not advised for those with combination-dry skin. Good for those with more oily complexion and with little acne troubles.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

This toner did nothing to my skin. It's an average toner, in my opinion. It does not remove flakies unless I press down and rub hard (causing wrinkles). Tea Tree oil in this didn't do anything to my pores. I see absolutely no improvement in my skintone nor did it balance my combo skin. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 4:44:00 PM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I really love this toner, it is so refreshing and smells really good. This also seemed to really help with my acne as well. I recommend this to anyone! I bought the smaller version for $7.95, and the larger one is $17.95. By the way, I have normal combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2009 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Picolate

I have combination skin. I always believed toner is the crucial part of cleaning and pore minimizing. I switched to this toner after Clinique Clarifying Lotion # 3 ruined my skin. Even my hands were peeling off after I put the toner with a cotton ball. I am glad I that I tried this one. It is very soft yet very clarifying and refreshing. It does not peel off my skin and does not ruin my make up application. Definately I will stick with this one for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 12:33:00 PM More reviews by xkatymayx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this for 3 weeks along with Fresh Farmacy. I spray a cotton pad and wipe it over my face. It hasn't reduced the amount of oil my skin produces, but I have not had any new spots since using this. Also after using this followed by LUSH vanishing cream, my skin has a healthy glow. I am sure it has helped to stop spots from appearing so I will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2009 12:34:00 PM More reviews by ashley1227

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this toner :) This is the only product I have ever used that has decreased oil production on my face. I've only been using it for 2 days, so I'm not sure if it will help with my acne or not. I usually blot my face right after lunch and I cover about 95% of the sheet with oil, however when I use this I cover about half of the sheet. If you have a problem with oil, do yourself a favor and try this toner!