LUSH Tea Tree Water

Tea Tree Water (Melaleuca alternifolia), Grapefruit Water (Citrus grandis), Juniperberry Water (Juniperus communis), *Limonene, Perfume, Methylparaben.

on 1/31/2010 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this a while back to combat a bad breakout. The SA was very helpful and suggested a few products that I still use to this day, but even she was ambivalent about this toner. She said it wouldn't hurt and I was in a buying mood, so I got it. She was right, it doesn't hurt but it also doesn't do much - it's just water with tea tree oil (and I think grapefruit and juniper as well). It's good for people that like using toner to remove any traces of soap/dirt, but my routine is fine without it. I'm not knocking the benefits of tea tree oil - but you could just as easily add some tea tree oil to purified water and use that instead. I would even recommend the tea tree toner tab over this.

I felt that this toner was like putting water on my face, cleared the skin of no dirt, it didnt do anything at all. pointless product i used it up and wouldnt repurchase!

on 1/19/2010 11:13:00 AM

I got this as a sample and i loved it at first. Although it didn't do anything for my skin it felt light and good on my skin. I normally have oily acne skin, but lately i have been using rezamid for my acne and its really drying so now i have dry skin. It didn't do anything for my dry skin.

I recently got Breathe of fresh air toner and that's a lot better.

I will always give lush's packaging a 5!

on 1/2/2010 10:08:00 PM

I have combination skin, it's oily in the summer and dry in winter and is acne-prone. This toner is too drying during the winter months and not hydrating enough during summer. I still have some right now and am waiting to run out so that I can go back to rose water or breath of fresh air. This toner just doesn't fight acne IMO.

on 12/29/2009 8:16:00 PM

I love this stuff! It does what it claims... detoxifies and takes care of my pores. I spray 3 pumps of this stuff on a cotton pad and sweep it all over my face after I wash my face and before I go to bed. It takes off any excess dirt and oil off my face leaving it feeling refreshed.
I don't like the spray pump because it takes me SO much effort to get the pump to spay.

on 12/8/2009 4:09:00 PM

This was an 'okay' product, but nothing special... it made my face feel fresh, but very tight... and it didnt really do anything for my skin.

on 12/7/2009 7:19:00 PM

Most toners really dry out my skin and make it feel tight, but this one is great. It feels so refreshing. I spray it on in the morning and it helps control oil throughout the day. It's just wonderful.

I had high hopes for this after reading pleasant reviews online. It doesn't help or hurt my acne, but my face doesn't feel as clean as it could after using this after cleansing. I absolutely hate the spray application. (Even when I know it's coming, it's still scary spraying something in your face) I'm going to try to make my own and see if I have better luck.

on 12/7/2009 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Pros
Tightens your pores
Nice scent
Can re-use the bottle

Cons
Does not control oil or help decrease blemishes (but doesn't cause them either)
Does not contain a lot of tea tree oil. If you're looking for something with a high content of tea tree oil, this isn't the product for you. Might be better off making your own toner.

Tips
If you're sensitive to smells or have never smelled Tea Tree Oil before, smell the contents of the bottle!

This has become my HG toner. It makes my skin feel so fresh and actually helps keep my skin shine free when applied under my make up. I will continue to purchase this product, especially with such a reasonable price.