Estee Lauder Double Wear [old formula - REFORMULATED]

New as of :)12/2012:Ingredients: water/aqua/eau, cyclopentasiloxane, trimethylsiloxysilicate, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, butylene glycol, tribehnin, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, magnesium sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, polymethylsilsequioxane, methicone, laureth-7, xantham gum, alumina, sodium dehydroacetate, disteardimonium hectorite, cellulose gum, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, phenoxyethanol, [+/- iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77499), mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891)] Original: ACTIVE INGREDIENT: TITANIUM DIOXIDE 1.00% INGREDIENTS: WATER (AQUA PURIFICATA) PURIFIED, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE,TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, TRIBEHENIN, PEG/PPG-20/20 DIMETHICONE, SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE, METHICONE, LAURETH-7, XANTHAN GUM, ALUMINA, BHT, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, CHLOROXYLENOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, [ /-(MAY CONTAIN)IRON OXIDES(CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), MICA, TITANI DIOXIDE (CI 77891)]

on 9/30/2012 9:23:00 AM

i hate this foundation! i have a quite oily t zone and the rest of my face is normal, this foundation made my face look cakey and very "fake looking". it looks like im smothered in foundation, horrible. ill stick to just using my benefit perk up perfection and concealer, foundation looks to fake for me!

on 9/27/2012 7:41:00 PM

I love this foundation. This was teh first founudation that I ever stuck to for more than one bottle. This stuff stays on ALLLL DAY. I find with other founudations they tend to migrate a couple hours after id put them on. This one however stayed put. I just wish it wasnt as expensive as it is.

on 9/27/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is extremely long wearing and that also means it is difficult to take off. I have oily acne prone skin so this broke me out. It is thick and heavy, mask like feeling. It creates a matte look, too matte, and looks very unnatural. Maybe this would be good for one day, a formal event, but you have to wash it off with a make up removing cleanser. To completely remove this foundation, I actually had to use my eye make up remover then make up cleanser. I also use a Clarisonic and the make up stained my brush head. I dropped it and the make up stained my jeans. I used Shout, Spray and Wash, Oxyclean but the make up wasn't removed. Finally the blue dye came out of my jeans along with the foundation. Since this stained my clothes and is so difficult to take off, it makes sense that it was horrible for my skin and clogged my pores and broke me out.

on 9/25/2012 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I have acne scars and hyper pigmentation.After years of using drug store foundation, this was my first "high-end" foundation purchase. It sadly disappointed me. It's very drying even on my oily skin. It really didn't cover any of my blemishes, more like a sheer to medium coverage. Like others have stated you really have to prep the skin before-hand to avoid dry patches and an overall hot mess sitting on the skin. I ordered in the color 5w1 and ironically it matched my skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So I has left a rave review when I first got this product in early September because I really loved it. It worked wonders on my oily skin! But now that summer has passed and my skin has returned to be a little drier it's absolutely HORRID. I apply it in the morning after generous amounts of moisturizer and a very oily primer. By 11, it's completely off my face (it has sunken in I guess?) except for my nose and forehead which is orange and flaking off my face. It's actually better if I just don't wear makeup at all than when I wear this. For anyone with combination or at all dry skin, don't use!!

on 9/25/2012 6:29:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I use this everyday for work (I'm a Desert Beige in winter then go up one shade for summer). I was a long time user of Revlon Colorstay before switching to Double Wear. They're both very similar and both take a little bit of time to sink into the skin.
I like DW better because it is more pigmented (so I use less product), has stronger staying power and gives a smoother, creamier coverage. The only problem I have is that it gives off a white cast/makes me look like a ghost (I'm guessing it's the SPF?) so I tend to use a shade darker than normal for night time/flash photography. It doesn't wear off, fade or rub off on clothing and doesn't get shiny/oily, although I use a setting powder on top during summer.
I've been able to use it on my super sensitive skin with no problems, and no break outs either.
Price is fairly decent for a department store foundation and I probably use half as much product as I would if I were using the Colorstay, so it works out. The glass packaging is lovely to look at but a pain in the ass to use!

on 9/24/2012 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently decidied to change my makeup as my previous makeup (Revoln Colourstay in Sand Beige) was starting to dry out my skin and make it real really heavy, dull and it looked awfull.
After alot of research and one miss I decided to try Estee Lauder Double wear as I wanted somehting that would a) last all day and in a fairly hot, busy envirnment, b) not dry out my skin and c) still look nice at the end of the day.
And this ticks all the boxes. I first tried this in Desert Beige, but found this to be too light. So I got the next shade up, Fresco, but fould this a little dull on my skin. So I got myself a coule of MAC pumps and tried mixing a pump of Fresco with a small amout of Desert Beige. This brightens it and looks amazing! I also mix in a little of No7 Skin Illumintor in Peach for a lolvey glow. I atchually thinks this looks better after a few hours as you get a nice dewy finish that is not oily.
After using for a few days my skin is so much better and is no longer dry. My only problem is my pores are still really visable.
Also, I used to have bad breakouts on my left cheek, forhead and chin. Scine stopping using Couloursaty, tmy spots have gone an d I have not broken out since. The foundatiuon also covers the old scars perfctly
As a reminder of just how good it is, i decided to use my old Revlon Coulourstay on my day off as to save my nice makeup, and i looked so grey and my face atchually felt heavy!
I would defently buy again!

on 9/23/2012 10:02:00 PM

I thought I would try this as it's been recommended to me by so many people- I have always used Revlon colorstay and i was told this was similar but better.

At first, I thought they were right, and when I first started using it it looked great- great coverage and consistency. But longterm, it just really detroyed my skin the way Colorstay never has, I got terrible breakouts with this stuff and somehow my skin even got drier at the same time. I really hoped this would be amazing but sadly it is 'special occassion only' for me.

on 9/23/2012 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

The ELDW is my first and only high-end foundation and I bought it after reading all the awesome reviews here. I wore it for a outdoor photo shoot to see how it performed.

Pros:
1. Long-lasting even in humid and hot weather - it lasted me throughout the photo shoot which took 6 hours in the hot sun, with lots of walking
2. Excellent coverage! Concealed the pores around the nose and hid the redness from blemishes beautifully.
3. You only need a very small amount of product each time since it's so blendable.

Cons:
1. I noticed some white cast in a few photos when the lighting wasn't right. This is probably due to the SPF in the product - or the sunscreen which I used underneath the foundation.
2. Classic Estee Lauder bottle design, pouring the foundation out might be a little messy. To overcome this, I poured some into a sample jar and used the product from there.

I'm still trying out different foundations from various brands but it's likely that I'll come back to ELDW!

on 9/23/2012 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My mum got this for me as a gift and I must say its amazing ! Covers blemishes and spots you name it ! And it lasts the whole day ! It is abit pricey so i only wear this on occasions.