Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

on 1/10/2008 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This product cured me of my acne after going though just two tubes, i get a pimple every two months at this time, i applied the blemish stick every night on my pimples, some times i would apply it through out the day but that would make my skin sting, right now i don't have to use any type of acne medication anymore' i think it is thanks to this product, it just fixed my skin for good'

on 1/7/2008 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It stings alot when you put it on and it didn't do much for my pimples. I noticed that the stick collects dead skin cells and I can see them floating around in there. Really nasty!

on 11/29/2007 11:35:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

Smells wonderful. Very herbal. My hubby likes when I wear this cause he likes the scent. He also uses it when he needs it. This is great for teens. Cause they are always on the go, and since they arent used to skin care they tend to lazy twords it. This is a quick one step bam done. If you have a big skanky zit on your face, thats pesky, roll this on it and by the next day it will be almost gone. Its very concentrated. Little goes long way.

on 10/2/2007 11:21:00 AM

Did anyone else notice this has the same ingredients list as the Burt's Bees Parsley Blemish Stick? I emailed the company and they replied: "The only difference between the Herbal and Parsley Blemish Stick is the packaging. The Herbal is marketed for men and the Parsley for women. I hope this helps and we apologize for any confusion. Thank you for inquiring!"

Product - For my combo skin this works reasonably well to nip blemishes in their earliest formative stages, when they're a red sensitive bump but not a full-blown zit. Seems much less effective in the later stages at reducing the blemish or speeding the healing process, but it does feel soothing so I use it anyway unless the skin is broken. Funny herbal scent may be a turnoff for some. Avoid using near eyes or on broken skin since the first ingredient is alcohol.

Packaging - Clear golden liquid in a clear glass vial with translucent white rollerball applicator tip and opaque white plastic screw-on lid. The liquid can dry on the rollerball and keep it from rolling if not used frequently; not a big deal tho, a drop of water can be added to get it going if needed. The rollerball dispenses a bit faster than I would prefer but that may be because the product is a liquid :) - no biggie though. No problems with this leaking; no contamination issues or debris rolling back in.

Overall - Handy and portable. I hate zit creams because (a) they never seem to soak in and (b) I'm paranoid that I'm walking around with hideous white dried-cream rings on my face... so this liquid is a great solution (sorry for the pun). I also like the fact that this is 99.90% natural. continued >>

I'll start off by saying my skin isn't THAT bad. I'll usually have about 1-3 pimples on my face at any given time. The day I got this stick I had 3 pimples on my forehead, one healing on my chin, and what I thought could be one forming on the side of my nose. I used it on all of those spots, and in the morning, I was amazed. All 3 on my forehead were reduced to almost nothing, it didn't effect the other 2, but that didn't matter to me at that point. I used it again the next night, again, on the same spots, and what I woke up to was horrific. I had pimples EVERYWHERE I used this stick. I had about 5 on my forehead, I had them all over the sides of my nose, and I had 2 huge ones on my chin. I didn't make the connection right away, just thought it was a horrible random breakout, so I continued using the stick, and continued getting more pimples until I figured it out and stopped using it. It took about a week for my face to recover.
Also, the design is POOR. The last day I used it, I held it up to the light and I could see floating particles everywhere, even though I would wash and exfoliate every night before I used it. It was disgusting.

on 9/15/2007 12:06:00 PM

I bought this because I couldn't find the parsley one, but I'm glad I did. I guess I have the right skin for it because it rids me of blemishes in a matter of hours without drying out my skin. It smells like tea tree oil, which is an ingredient, but that fades! Give it a shot. Oh, and I also took other reviewers advice and removed the rollerball (pull off the white plastic top part and pop the ball out from the underside, then put the top back on the glass vial) and use a q-tip or cotton ball to apply where needed. My husband uses this too and it works great on him. We both have combo, somewhat sensitive skin.

on 9/12/2007 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is NOT a miracle stick. However, it does the job for me. I rarely ever get acne anyway, but it was just an annoyance once every few months. I use this now whenever I even begin to think something will pop up, and it gets rid of it within a day or two. The rollerball does get kind of dirty after a while, but I only use it on my face immediately after I wash it, so it can't be too bad. I'll probably buy this again just to have as a safety net with me.

on 8/25/2007 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Terrible. Smells awful, stings when applied, and the roll-on bottle collects little bits of dead skin and debris inside. Gross! All this I would probably put up with if it really worked, but it did nothing for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this blemish stick, yeah it smells medicial, but it will clear me up. I think its funny how people that dont like this product like products with saylic acid and BP, while both of those (normally) irritate my skin. So different strokes for different folks i suppose. Idc what the main ingredient in this is, but it works so nice for me.. I'll repurchase. The only thing is the application isnt 'sanitary', so to speak, but I guess I can live with it.

on 8/15/2007 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Confession: I got this for free from a friend. And I love trying new products. Well, I initially was really offput by the product when I applied it because it smells like...LICORICE! I really HATE licorice. The smell, the taste, everything. But...my skin does seem less red on my blemishes. So I'll keep it and simply endure the stench.

Popular Treatments (Face)