December 18, 2014 | 1166 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2007 7:20:00 PM More reviews by psychicxhearts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll start off by saying my skin isn't THAT bad. I'll usually have about 1-3 pimples on my face at any given time. The day I got this stick I had 3 pimples on my forehead, one healing on my chin, and what I thought could be one forming on the side of my nose. I used it on all of those spots, and in the morning, I was amazed. All 3 on my forehead were reduced to almost nothing, it didn't effect the other 2, but that didn't matter to me at that point. I used it again the next night, again, on the same spots, and what I woke up to was horrific. I had pimples EVERYWHERE I used this stick. I had about 5 on my forehead, I had them all over the sides of my nose, and I had 2 huge ones on my chin. I didn't make the connection right away, just thought it was a horrible random breakout, so I continued using the stick, and continued getting more pimples until I figured it out and stopped using it. It took about a week for my face to recover.
Also, the design is POOR. The last day I used it, I held it up to the light and I could see floating particles everywhere, even though I would wash and exfoliate every night before I used it. It was disgusting.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2007 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Julie1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I couldn't find the parsley one, but I'm glad I did. I guess I have the right skin for it because it rids me of blemishes in a matter of hours without drying out my skin. It smells like tea tree oil, which is an ingredient, but that fades! Give it a shot. Oh, and I also took other reviewers advice and removed the rollerball (pull off the white plastic top part and pop the ball out from the underside, then put the top back on the glass vial) and use a q-tip or cotton ball to apply where needed. My husband uses this too and it works great on him. We both have combo, somewhat sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by tigrelis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is NOT a miracle stick. However, it does the job for me. I rarely ever get acne anyway, but it was just an annoyance once every few months. I use this now whenever I even begin to think something will pop up, and it gets rid of it within a day or two. The rollerball does get kind of dirty after a while, but I only use it on my face immediately after I wash it, so it can't be too bad. I'll probably buy this again just to have as a safety net with me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kag26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible. Smells awful, stings when applied, and the roll-on bottle collects little bits of dead skin and debris inside. Gross! All this I would probably put up with if it really worked, but it did nothing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by alexandriamare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blemish stick, yeah it smells medicial, but it will clear me up. I think its funny how people that dont like this product like products with saylic acid and BP, while both of those (normally) irritate my skin. So different strokes for different folks i suppose. Idc what the main ingredient in this is, but it works so nice for me.. I'll repurchase. The only thing is the application isnt 'sanitary', so to speak, but I guess I can live with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by trueblue002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Confession: I got this for free from a friend. And I love trying new products. Well, I initially was really offput by the product when I applied it because it smells like...LICORICE! I really HATE licorice. The smell, the taste, everything. But...my skin does seem less red on my blemishes. So I'll keep it and simply endure the stench.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by rgeary2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was totally useless, but it was cheap, so I can't say it was a waste of money. I have combo skin (oil nose/chin and dry cheeks/forehead) so I thought this might be a good bet for my acne but I used it for a few weeks on old and new zits and it had absolutely no effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the second bottle of this product. Overall I think it performs very well. Usually, if I start to get small blemishes I slather this stuff on 2-3 times a day, they either disappear overnight or are gone very soon thereafter. On larger, more stubborn pimples I can usually treat them and they're nearly gone in 2-3 days. Occasionally I will put this stuff on and it seemingly does nothing to combat the blemish, but this is rare. But what i dislike about this product is that it's a liquid - just messy to use I think. It's also expensive for the amount I use. It also smells like fennel. On the other hand, I've been using it on a coldsore and i'm very suprised to see that the coldsore seems to have stabilized - it's not getting worse! If this stuff is helping the coldsore heal and keeping it from getting more pronounced - i will buy it just for that! Better than abreva it seems! UPDATE: have had some very stubborn acne on chin. the burt's bees treatment isn't helping at all. I put it on at night, and it seems worse in the morning in fact. I think i will only use this for cold sores. UPDATE: after trying some other things, this is the only treatment that isn't drying my skin. in fact, it isn't drying at all. I wouldn't say it works great, but at least i can dab it on several times a day and sometimes it works like magic, sometimes it doesn't seem like it's helping, but at least it doesn't turn my skin into a flaky mess. will use until i find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Lilthne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this thing! I rarely get pimples thanks to my St. Ives scrub, but when I do, it's usually a nasty, big, red one. Thank goodness for this blemish stick! I just need to apply it once over the zit in the morning and at night and usually by the second or third day, I have a clear face again. Some people might hate the smell, but I used to tea tree oil and I actually think the smell clears my nose, which is great when I have a cold. The one setback is the steep price for such a small bottle, but at least it lasts for a year to a year and a half. I've actually stocked up on 3 bottles because I'm too paranoid about brands discontinuing my favorite products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by wwdancegirl1

Okay, first of all this is a spot treatment. It isn't designed to be used all over the face. It should be drying, because the product is designed to dry out your pimples and the excess oil/impurities inside them. It is a pimple rescuer not a preventative, so you'll be upsetting your skin's chemistry if you apply it everywhere because it will call unneeded dryness....

That being said, I LOVE this product. It isn't tested on animals and works perfectly for my skin type. I brought it home with me from college and now my mom and brother both use it, too. It isn't a one-time pimple fix. You will need to reapply to the pimple. Try putting it onto bug bites as well. I find that it stops itching temporarily. It'll sting on broken skin, so be warned!