July 28, 2014 | 1245 users online

Treatments (Face) - Burt's Bees - Herbal Blemish Stick

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by kag26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Terrible. Smells awful, stings when applied, and the roll-on bottle collects little bits of dead skin and debris inside. Gross! All this I would probably put up with if it really worked, but it did nothing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2007 1:09:00 AM More reviews by alexandriamare

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this blemish stick, yeah it smells medicial, but it will clear me up. I think its funny how people that dont like this product like products with saylic acid and BP, while both of those (normally) irritate my skin. So different strokes for different folks i suppose. Idc what the main ingredient in this is, but it works so nice for me.. I'll repurchase. The only thing is the application isnt 'sanitary', so to speak, but I guess I can live with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2007 11:52:00 PM More reviews by trueblue002

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Confession: I got this for free from a friend. And I love trying new products. Well, I initially was really offput by the product when I applied it because it smells like...LICORICE! I really HATE licorice. The smell, the taste, everything. But...my skin does seem less red on my blemishes. So I'll keep it and simply endure the stench.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2007 6:24:00 PM More reviews by rgeary2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was totally useless, but it was cheap, so I can't say it was a waste of money. I have combo skin (oil nose/chin and dry cheeks/forehead) so I thought this might be a good bet for my acne but I used it for a few weeks on old and new zits and it had absolutely no effect.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2007 9:01:00 PM More reviews by saintsvalentine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the second bottle of this product. Overall I think it performs very well. Usually, if I start to get small blemishes I slather this stuff on 2-3 times a day, they either disappear overnight or are gone very soon thereafter. On larger, more stubborn pimples I can usually treat them and they're nearly gone in 2-3 days. Occasionally I will put this stuff on and it seemingly does nothing to combat the blemish, but this is rare. But what i dislike about this product is that it's a liquid - just messy to use I think. It's also expensive for the amount I use. It also smells like fennel. On the other hand, I've been using it on a coldsore and i'm very suprised to see that the coldsore seems to have stabilized - it's not getting worse! If this stuff is helping the coldsore heal and keeping it from getting more pronounced - i will buy it just for that! Better than abreva it seems! UPDATE: have had some very stubborn acne on chin. the burt's bees treatment isn't helping at all. I put it on at night, and it seems worse in the morning in fact. I think i will only use this for cold sores. UPDATE: after trying some other things, this is the only treatment that isn't drying my skin. in fact, it isn't drying at all. I wouldn't say it works great, but at least i can dab it on several times a day and sometimes it works like magic, sometimes it doesn't seem like it's helping, but at least it doesn't turn my skin into a flaky mess. will use until i find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Lilthne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this thing! I rarely get pimples thanks to my St. Ives scrub, but when I do, it's usually a nasty, big, red one. Thank goodness for this blemish stick! I just need to apply it once over the zit in the morning and at night and usually by the second or third day, I have a clear face again. Some people might hate the smell, but I used to tea tree oil and I actually think the smell clears my nose, which is great when I have a cold. The one setback is the steep price for such a small bottle, but at least it lasts for a year to a year and a half. I've actually stocked up on 3 bottles because I'm too paranoid about brands discontinuing my favorite products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2007 6:44:00 PM More reviews by wwdancegirl1

Okay, first of all this is a spot treatment. It isn't designed to be used all over the face. It should be drying, because the product is designed to dry out your pimples and the excess oil/impurities inside them. It is a pimple rescuer not a preventative, so you'll be upsetting your skin's chemistry if you apply it everywhere because it will call unneeded dryness....

That being said, I LOVE this product. It isn't tested on animals and works perfectly for my skin type. I brought it home with me from college and now my mom and brother both use it, too. It isn't a one-time pimple fix. You will need to reapply to the pimple. Try putting it onto bug bites as well. I find that it stops itching temporarily. It'll sting on broken skin, so be warned!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2007 1:07:00 PM More reviews by theduckiest

Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick really works well for me. I use it in the morning and/or at night, and it dramatically shrinks zits. My face looks so much clearer since I have been using this product. The thing I really like about it is that it does NOT cause my face to peel and flake like other products *cough* salicylic acid *cough*

The alcohol in it does sting for a few seconds if you have a broken pimple. Also, I wish it wasn't quite so expensive. Other than that, no complaints. Be sure to apply only to a cleanly washed face, otherwise you'll be spreading bacteria/gunk from your face onto the roller ball applicator tip.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2007 2:24:00 PM More reviews by mskramer

Amazing! Firstly, you women are soo petty. Complaining about the smell of an extraordinary product, lord.

Tonight I am hosting a birthday blow out for my boyfriend. This my first time meeting some of his friends and family. So, I am hoping to look perfect. Although, this morning I woke up with a "zit" on my cheek. Did I fret? No. Why? I have my Burt's Bees Herbal Stick. So, please ladies, don't be a sheep. Have a backbone and make up (no pun intended) your own mind. Try it yourself. You won't regret it. You will see major results in around just an hour.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2007 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Heddy647

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I started using this on cystic acne and saw no difference, however it did shrink and heal whiteheads so it is not useless. I will probably not buy this again because of my type of acne, but I will use the rest of tube and try it on body acne based on these reviews. If you have cystic acne and oily skin, seems to be a waste of time.