April 17, 2014 | 1893 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 6:16:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely lip balm - very concentrated, in small glass pot, lasts for years. It will eventually have to go the way of all good things, when it becomes irredeemably gritty and the flavour starts to go.

Part of my Holy Quartet of lip balms. Comparable in performance to Dr Haushka's lip balm in a pot, Lavera Basis lip balm, and Weleda Everon balm. The Weleda is the nearest in taste. Nuxe is gorgeous: honey, rose, and grapefruit. Lots of honey.

When I say I'd buy it again - it is expensive, I have had my current pot for some embarrassing number of years, and I don't use it every day (that's Lavera and Weleda). So that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Costs somewhere around EUR 11.00 / GBP 9.00 / USD 21.00

Other drawback: go elsewhere for sun protection - the Nuxe has a little octinoxate, but so little it won't even irritate the sensitive! Good lipbalms with mineral/physical sunscreen include Badger, Lavera Sun, Vanicream.

INGREDIENTS: (according to Nuxe) Acacia Honey 5%, Shea Butter 13%, Plant Oils (Chilean Rose, Sweet Almond) 9.5%, Grapefruit Essence 2.5%, Vitamin E 1%

Hmmm. As for the other 69%... alt. ingreds. (from adorebeauty.com.au): beeswax, shea butter 13%, vegetable oil, lecithin, behenoxy dimethicone, sweet almond oil 8.5%, honey 5%, dimethicone, octinoxate, grapefruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated vegetable oil, soybean oil, rosa moschata oil, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, allantoin, lemon oil, candelilla wax, calendula extract. continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely an HG product for me. I love the honey scent and the creamy consistency. This lip balm is super thick, so it may not be the best for daytime use. I use it as a nighttime treatment: I apply it before bedtime and when I wipe it off in the morning, my lips are soft and smooth. It is quite expensive, but one jar has lasted over three years!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Valou

I use this at night only, and once the product warms up on my lips it spreads thickly but smoothly. I notice a definite increase in lip volume while I have it on. The next morning it is still there, in fact Iíve been up for 2 hours now, have had breakfast and coffee and my lips are still soft. I donít know of any other balm that lasts anywhere near as long as this. I havenít tried it under lipstick because I love my Face Atelier Lip Putty for that. But as a night treatment, I think this balm is incomparable.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 7:52:00 PM More reviews by moustibeil

I love this product! One day I had so chapped lips that couldn't even smile without craking them! I used this and it was a wonderful feeling!
I like the orange smell
And if I ever finish it, i'll definitely buy another one

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2007 3:54:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Brought this at Paris with all the nice reviews from magazine. The texture is a little bit thick but not sticky and easy to apply. I use it once a day and it really keeps my lips moist throughout the day. It is one of the best lipbalm I've tried so far. Wish I brought this earlier and I now wanted to try out other face and body products they have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2007 10:48:00 PM More reviews by BeKind20thers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Gorgeous product, relieves dry.. chapped lips. love it! of course it's from france!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2007 10:29:00 PM More reviews by blackeyedgirl

My HG lip balm. Before I discovered this, I had given up wearing lipstick as it showed up the flakes on my lips so badly. Every lip balm I tried failed to moisturise for longer than a couple of hours. Reve de Miel lip balm has a thick, almost waxy yet smooth texture. I did not detect any grittiness. If you are expecting something light that you can constantly reapply at work, this really isn't for you. It is more of an intensive treatment. Reve de Miel lip balm is to lips what a deep conditioner is to hair. For me, this is a night time balm only and it does such a good job that I rarely require lip balm during the day. I apply a thick layer, leave it overnight then scrub it off with a damp flannel the next morning. It leaves me with plump, softened, moisturised lips and not a hint of flakiness.

It comes in a heavy glass jar which is somewhat impractical for travel but, as I said above, it is so effective that you can throw any old cheap balm in your bag for top ups. This will be doing most of the work.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2007 1:27:00 PM More reviews by vinlynus

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my HG lip balm. I always have dry, cracked lip even in summer! I've gone through 2 jars and stray to other brands but always have to come back to it. Most lip balm with petroleum or paraffin based does not moisturize my lips, and those with mint flavor dry my lip further. Others gave me extras: clogged pores on my upper lip. Not this lip balm. It leaves my lip well moisturized. I don't even have to reapply throughout the day but only at night before bed and the next morning I have smooth lip. It comes in an elegant frosted glass jar and it has a light honey scent that is very pleasant. Although it is only 15ml, it last a looong time (6-9 months, a little goes a long way). In Europe, this cost EUR5-8. Love it!

Ingredients: Cera Alba (Beeswax), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter Fruit), Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Mel (Honey), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Octinoxate), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit Peel Oil), Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Limonene, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Rosa Moschata (Rosa Moschata Oil), Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Citrus Limonum (Lemon Peel Oil), Candelilla Cera (Candelilla Wax), Calendula Officinalis (Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract), Citral, Linalool. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2007 2:23:00 AM More reviews by hzguang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not very in winter, cos' the blam will too hard to use.
and if u use too much in summer , the lips skin will absort
too many aqua ,and come in to white.

totally, i will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 6:29:00 PM More reviews by semishell

I love this lip balm! The only downside is its price, but honestly, it works so well that it's totally worth it. And it comes in such a huge (and cute!) pot. It will last you for a VERY long time. The texture is absolutely perfect. It's a little thick, but not sticky. Lightly fragranced, but not overbearing. Mine is not gritty at all. It's very smooth. If you're looking for something shiny and flashy, this is not it. It leaves a matte finish that's perfect for night or if you just want to go "casual." I'm very happy with this product.