Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 12/15/2009 7:07:00 PM

This was a terrible waste of money for me. I wore this day and night for a week before I couldn't stand it anymore - my lips had gotten more chapped and dry after I started using this balm! I generally love balms with shea butter in them, but this one didn't moisturize at all. The texture was pretty good, thick but not overly so, and the citrusy smell didn't bother me (but it wasn't my favorite). I was surprised to find that this left a whitish cast on my lips after application. It didn't matter if I used a little bit or a lot, my lips still looked very pale and sickly. I know it wasn't from a lack of exfoliation because I hardly ever forget to exfoliate my lips. The packaging was okay - a thick glass jar with a sturdy white lid - but not the most sanitary. To me, this seems way overpriced and not worth the hype. **UPDATE** I've discovered that if I take a toothpick and stir this around for a bit, that it applies much more easily and doesn't leave a white residue on lips. Maybe the beeswax was top and the other ingredients were below it? I still find that this isn't as moisturizing as other balms (Jack Black and Weleda Everon), but it's good enough to increase its score from 1 to 3.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So far I love this lip balm! Its truly protective. It doens't come off easily like other balms that you need to reapply over and over again. The scent is very mild which is fine with me. Some lip balm flavors are so strong they're nauseating and most of those fake scents are made with pthalates and other chemicals anyway. it doesn't contain petro chemcials. (I don't like the idea of ingesting gasoline by-products) I prefer to use this as a night treatment since its in a pot. Try it. Its very hydrating.

on 12/2/2009 2:06:00 AM

I can't believe I haven't posted anything about this item before! I'm on my second pot! I absolutely adore this product! I held on buying it for so long because first I wasn't keen on the idea of being in a pot rather than a tube, second the price, 21USD for a lip balm sounds a little bit crazy for some people, but the first time I put this on my lips all my doubts went out the window, it moisturizes my lips long after I applied, don't need to reapply every half hour, I put this on my lips at night and I wake up with soft lips, and it's matte and not glossy, I am not big on glossy lips and I feel all others lip balms leave quite a bit of gloss on my lips except for this one! I don't think I'll ever be without it, I gotten a few of my friends also hooked on this and the pot lasts for such a long time that I don't feel bad about spending the money on it! worth it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I rarely write reviews, but this stuff is amazing!!
my lips have always been extremely chapped, and I've tried so many lipbalms (from dirt cheap to very expensive), but this is absolutely the best!

the smell isn't what I had expected, somehow I smell almonds and lime - but definitely not honey -, but it's natural and pleasant.

the consistency: it's thicker than most lipbalms, and kind of "waxy".
it reminds me a bit of weleda's everon lipbalm, but it's a bit creamier than that.

I only dab on a tiny amount of this, and it lasts a long time on my lips, and leaves them very soft.
whereas all other lipbalms dried them out, this even healed them!

the only downside of this is the packaging.
it comes in a glass pot, which isn't very convenient IMO.

yes, it's pricey, but I'm sure it will last me a long time, since I always need just a little bit of it. and it actually works!

on 11/8/2009 8:39:00 PM

Simply put this is the best lip balm ever! I have tried everything from chaptstick, carmex, prada, Bobbi Brown and the list goes on. The texture is a bit heavy but that is why it works so well. I use it right before going to bed. It is a bit too heavy for the daytime in my opinion. It is expensive but it lasts a long time. I have had my jar for about 6 mths now with everyday use.

on 11/4/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After lemming this for over two years I finally caved and ordered this from Beauty.com. At first, I was in love. It reminded me of the Prada balm that came in and out of my life all too quickly. It has a similar smooth, buttery texture and tastes kind of subtly luxurious. After using this for about a month after I shower, I realize this is actually drying out my lips. This may be a good base for lipstick however if you want moist, plump lips, stick wtih Caudalie or Aquaphor, which are cheaper and easier to find.

on 10/11/2009 4:15:00 AM

This is the best lip treatment I've ever tried. I used to have chapped lips from hell. They would actually crack open and bleed, esp in the winter...but my lips are super dry all year round. This is the only lip treatment that doesn't sit on top of my lips and do nothing. It stays put all day - once I even put it on before having surgery (4 hours!), and when I woke up, my lips were still hydrated! usually you wake up with the driest of dry lips, but not with this one lol.

I got this a year ago, and I haven't had dry lips ever since. Not once. I only need to put it on in the morning - it lasts all day, trust me - and in the night. I also use it under my eyes...it sounds so strange, but my under eye area can get so dry. And it works like a charm.

But the thing I like the most about it is that it's matte. I HATE getting my hair stuck on my lips, my hair getting all greasy, me face getting all greasy...not with this one. If you're looking for something that adds some shine then go buy a lip gloss.

I don't think the price is too steep considering that a jar lasts about a year.

on 7/9/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I loooooove this. I live in such a cold country and in the cold -40C winters this is what saves my lips, along with the jojoba Everyday minerals lip scrub. This works so well and lasts so long because I only apply it once a week and the rest of the time I can use any cheaper brand it doesn't matter. This gives me the smoothest softest lips. It works on my bf too who only wears lipbalm at night as a treatment. Love Nuxe! The only things is, it's not as natural as you think it might be. It has great essential oils but the regular chemicals you would find in any products. Oh and I love the smell. The texture is more thick but it doesn't feel oily/greasy at all.

on 6/23/2009 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this balm for years. It moisturizes perfectly and keeps my lips soft and not too shiny. It lasts for ages without leaving this little white dirt on the corner of the mouth. But unfortunately they have changed this product and the new version is less long lasting than the old one :( I will still keep on repurchasing this product!

on 6/21/2009 7:57:00 PM

I don't understand the hype...
I HATE this stuff

-The texture is heavy and gross with some grains in it.
-The smell is absolutely awful.
-It makes my lips even more dry!! What's the hell with this product ?
-The pot is not hygienic at all!
-Expensive for nothing.
-It contains some Essential Oils , so when you put it on , avoid the sun!

Overall: Don't but it , it's not a good product .
The cheap Labellos work much better ;-)

Popular Lip Treatments