Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 1/23/2011 7:42:00 AM

HG lipbalm hands down. I have used this for about ten years and in that time have only bought about four of them as, being 15ml, it lasts a loooooong time. Yes, it's expensive, and for this reason I've tried various other cheaper products but none compare. As it's very thick, I'd recommend as a night product and / or for very dry winter lips. If you want this as a make-up product rather than a lip treatment, this is not for you. If you want a 100% guarantee of dry lip rescue, go and purchase immediately!

on 1/10/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have used this for about two months, at night only, because it leaves a wierd, rather disgusting white residue on the lips and feels heavy and uncomfortable. As a night treatment, it is not bad, but it just sits on top of the lips so the lips don't lose moisture to the surrounding air. That task could be easily performed by some Vaseline for much less. I am now using Caudalie lip conditioner which is much more cosmetically elegant and actually improves the condition of my lips.

on 1/4/2011 11:26:00 AM

HG status, Best lipbalm ever. Using this every night prevents chapped lips. Only one application at night is enough to keep my lips in perfect condition all day. One jars has lasted a year and a half. i havent bought any lip balms/chapsticks in all that time. You save a lot in the end

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A great product, especially as a night time treatment in the winter!

While browsing the pharmacy aisle looking for a repairing lip treatment, I was hesitating between La Roche-Posay's Ceralip and the Nuxe Rève de Miel. The BA highly recommended Nuxe instead of LRP and she was right!

The texture and consistency is wonderful, there is a light and pleasant smell and it moisiturizes the lips very well. I've been wearing every night before going to bed for almost a week and it has cured my chapped and peeling lips!

on 12/16/2010 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is simply the one single product I couldn't live without.
Nuxe Reve de Miel delivers long lasting hydration, more than any other lip balm I have ever tried. It melts into the skin exfoliating, plumping and moisturising in one. Given a few minutes to soak in it acts as a primer for lipstick, lip pencil and lip gloss.
I find that other products e.g. Vaseline, You Be, Keihls, may have an instant feel good hit but tend to be sticky and need re applying every half an hour or so. No good if you are out and about and if you want to wear lip colour. Nuxe keeps my lips well hydrated and comfortable for several hours at a time. I highly recommend it.

on 8/15/2010 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

NOT GOOD. Not that mosturizing either make my lips look good :-(

on 7/27/2010 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

UPDATE, December 2010
This is now my holy grail lipbalm, which I will never be without. I'm done with the rest. The reason is, it's finally winter, it's freezing and for the first time ever my lips are absolutely protected from dusk til dawn. A layer of this and nothing touches them; no wind, no cold, nothing. They stay soft, velvety and plump and this feels sooo good and protective. Also, even in drying conditions, it lasts for quite some time.
I highly recommend this to everyone.

Original review:

It may be a little early for me to write this, since I've only used this balm for a couple of days, but usually when something really wows me early on it's for a good reason. I think I may have found a HG product here.
I've been lemming this forever because I love anything that even implies it contains honey, plus Nuxe is only available at the pharmacies in my country, so I figured their products must be a step above your average gimmicky cosmetic brand. And I finally got this, even though a rich balm is more useful to me during winter months. It set me back € 12,50 for 15 ml - which is more than 3 times the quantity a tube of Labello will provide.
I first realized the quality is awesome the minute I opened the pot. First of all, it smells heavenly. I expected it to smell like honey obviously, but instead it smells like lemon pie. Gorgeous scent. And when I actually touched the product I was impressed at the consistency; very soft and creamy - nothing waxy or oily about it - and not sticky whatsoever. It melts on the lips like butter and forms a nice, silky, non sticky layer. Feels very nice and comfortable. And a little goes a very long way.
It actually lasts too; slept 2 hours with the airconditioning and this on, and when I woke up it was still there. Also, I tried using it overnight, and when I woke up my lips were the smoothest, softest and most supple I've seen them.
The packaging feels sturdy and expensive; you may not like sticking your fingers in a pot, but I assure you, it's worth it, and after all you only need to touch the surface for the product to melt on your finger. Absolutely no need for scooping or rubbing around to gather the quantity you need. It's actually very clean for a pot lipbalm.
And as for the price, this will be much more expensive than my usual Labello or lipsmacker, however it's absolutely worth it because you need a tiny quantity and the pot is huge. And because it's transparent, you can see it's full of product; no optical illusion here (*cough* Korres* cough*). Also, obviously, you get ten times the quality compared to the cheaper stuff, which I have all over my apartment and now consider throwing out and only keeping this.
Of course this will have to be reevaluated under winter conditions. If I change my mind, I'll update then. But me and this balm got off to an excellent start.

on 7/26/2010 5:23:00 AM

It's really great in moisturizing my lips but the major downside is that it can get pasty especially in the cold weather. Probably I will repurchase it unless I find something that heals and hydrates my lips just as well or maybe even better

on 7/2/2010 1:48:00 AM

So this balm is my HG. I am addicted to ANY balm and I cannot for the life of me be without something on my lips or they will get sore and red even though I'm not really a licker. I also have peeling nonstop, day and night due to a horrible and disgusting habit of picking my lips (yep, I don't know how I even accomplish that either).
All together I have obviously tried basically everything on the planet, expensive or cheap, and I have a bunch of lip products (some glosses are awesome for moisture and protection, like TheBalm's or Dior's) that I use religiously, so I really bought this just because I was bored.
At first I didn't like the waxy consistency (this thing is thick!), but after forcing myself to use it for a couple of days, I realized that if I use it when my lips are peeling the most and I rub it in with my fingers repeatedly, it exfoliates them and leaves them looking like new (literally). This reaction is very weird, I never had it before with any other lip products, even actual exfoliators, and so now every time I'm peeling (so let's leave it at every day) I use this, exfoliate, take it off with a tissue and then apply a thick layer, especially when going to bed.
My lips look healed, almost like I never touched them and no peeling remains. It is incredible and very much worth my money as it is a unique product.
Disclaimer: This doesn't feel moisturizing to me, it feels like I rubbed a candle on my lips and in a way that protects them. Overall, I like it, actually love it for my specific use.

on 4/6/2010 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I wear a lot of matte lipsticks which can dry my lips out, so this makes the perfect base as it moisturises, but doesn't make the lipstick slip off. On its own however, I find it a bit too waxy and hard, and not the most moisturising - it seems to disappear quickly. But if I layer a thinner, glossier balm over it (such as Korres Lip Butter), I get long-lasting moisture. I do this at night and in the morning my lips are in perfect condition. I will definitely repurchase it.

Ingredients (French version) : beeswax, vegetable oil, lecithin, behenoxy dimethicone, sweet almond oil, shea butter extract, honey, shea butter, dimethicone, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, grapefruit peel oil, capric triglyceride, hydrogenated vegetable oil, soybean oil, rosa moschata seed oil, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, lemon peel oil, candelilla wax, allantoin, calendula officinalis flower extract, BHT, citric acid, citral, limonene, linalool.

Popular Lip Treatments