August 1, 2014 | 1723 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by spagirlie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have no idea what I would do if my lips could not get their fix with this balm. It's a pricey pot of product, but I am amazed at how long this lasts. It took me over a year to finish when I bought my first, and that's with using it every single night.

I use this lip balm every night to totally hydrate and repair my lips. It's thick and you can taste the honey slightly. I like to also think of it more as a "mask" for my lips. Thus, I don't recommend using it during the day unless your lips are extremely dry. It also does not seem to work well under lip liner and lipstick.

I also gave the packaging a lower score because you must have very clean hands before you apply (so you don't contaminate it)

Get this product into your arsenal and put it on your night stand. It is so much better than any other lip care product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

This is definitely what you would call a heavy duty lip balm. I have had it for a few weeks now & have barely scraped the surface, as a little goes a long way. So I can say it's definitely worth the money & I can't see myself running out of this anytime soon.

The balm is very thick in texture, and leaves a semi-matte finish. It doesn't feel greasy or slippery at all. But I only use this at night time before going to bed, to give my lips a good overnight treatment. When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is wipe it off, as I find that the bits of dry skin have been moisturised to the point where they can be easily wiped away. I find that it's a bit too thick and concentrated to use during the day, or underneath a lipstick or lipgloss.

It has a citrus flavour/fragrance to it (due to the citrus extract components), and also a slight honey flavour. I will be buying this again to use as my overnight lip balm, as it is very intense and does a great job at eliminating dryness and flakiness. The jar is a bit annoying, as I prefer lip balms in stick form, but the consistency of this balm would make it a bit difficult to have it in any other form.

INGREDIENTS: Beeswax, shea butter, vegetable oil, lecithin, behenoxy dimethicone, sweet almond oil, honey, dimethicone, octinoxate, grapefruit peel oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated vegetable oil, limonene, soybean oil, rosa moschata oil, vitamin e, allantoin, lemon peel oil, candelilla wax, calendula flower extract, citral, linalool.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really shouldn't have bought this. I am really in to matte lip balms that give my lips a little sheen instead of shiny. This lip balm works quite well but it makes my lips feel greasy and gross.

One of the main things that turned me off from this product is the fact that one of the main ingredients is hydrogenated oil-yuck! So in other words, I pretty much am smearing grease on my lips. I won't be repurchasing this lip balm ever. For $20.00, there is much better balms out there than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by CherryBanana

I really like this. The texture takes a bit of getting used to its kinda dry feeling, not slippery at all. But it really gets the job done! I apply this in the evening just before bed & lasts through the night. Doesnt come off even when I brush my teeth, I actually have to wipe it off when washing my face. It is on the expensive side ($16 CND I think) but its quality & I imagine will last a long time. Packaging is classy ( & glass so don't drop it!) & it smells lovely. I think this could become my HG lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Kaijia

**UPDATED** - this should be used as an OVERNIGHT TREATMENT. this is the last thing i do before passing out- and i wake up with plumped, moisturized lips that don't need tending to all day long. i notice a difference when i use something else (typically lanolin). this is the best product on the market.

fantastic product. true, it's very thick, but one application hydrates and nourishes your lips for the rest of the day, and i don't feel the urge to constantly reapply as i do when using 8-hr cream. very pleasant scent (orange blossom is allegedly very good for lifting the spirits!) and the waxiness, though it takes some getting used to, is by far superior to that feeling of slick oiliness you get with other things like vaseline.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by sankofa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love it. One of the best lip balms I have ever tried (and during my isotretinoin treatment), it really works.
I put a thick amount of it before bedtime and the next morning it's still there. My lips are really moistured and soft.
However I don't use it during daytime because it's too thick and waxy. The scent is nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2008 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ginnygordon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wish it smelled like honey! I am pleased with this balm, overall, but my least favorite aspect is the scent - grapefruit is okay, but I would absolutely love this if it smelled like honey. I find it great for use at night and not at all grainy - the only time I found it grainy was when I had some residue from another balm/gloss on my lips. It is nice and thick, but not sticky and my lips feel good in the morning. I am happy I bought it, but probably won't buy again because I like the Bourjois nighttime balm better (and it is cheaper).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2008 4:00:00 AM More reviews by havenexpress

i have chronically chapped lips, which is the primary reason why I very rarely wear lipstick and that I'm constantly searching for the most moisturizing lip treatment. I'm not a product snob, but I don't like the standard petrolatum-based lipbalm/chapstick. I bought Nuxe's Reve de Miel based on the reviews here on MUA and I think I found my HG of lip treatment. No, it doesn't magically make my painfully chapped lips soft, smooth and supple overnight, but it definitely help heals the broken skin better than anything else I've ever tried in my life, and trust me, I've tried every brand out there, from $2 tubes to $50 ones. The texture is very thick, and initially difficult to apply (when it's new). after a few months, I have barely used up 10% of the glass jar, and now that there's a little dip, it's much easier to..for lack of better word, scoop up using my finger. Thick is good because I need thick. :) The scent and taste doesn't bother me much, sort of citrusy/honey like. I will most certainly repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Nemea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lip balm didn't quite live up to my (too?) high expectations, but then again, what does? It is nice and smooth, smells lovely, but I don't find it as moisturizing as I would wish for it to be. Rather, it can have a tendency to dry my lips out. I will probably be using it on-off, until I get around to buying my HG Weleda Everon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 6:16:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Lovely lip balm - very concentrated, in small glass pot, lasts for years. It will eventually have to go the way of all good things, when it becomes irredeemably gritty and the flavour starts to go.

Part of my Holy Quartet of lip balms. Comparable in performance to Dr Haushka's lip balm in a pot, Lavera Basis lip balm, and Weleda Everon balm. The Weleda is the nearest in taste. Nuxe is gorgeous: honey, rose, and grapefruit. Lots of honey.

When I say I'd buy it again - it is expensive, I have had my current pot for some embarrassing number of years, and I don't use it every day (that's Lavera and Weleda). So that's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Costs somewhere around EUR 11.00 / GBP 9.00 / USD 21.00

Other drawback: go elsewhere for sun protection - the Nuxe has a little octinoxate, but so little it won't even irritate the sensitive! Good lipbalms with mineral/physical sunscreen include Badger, Lavera Sun, Vanicream.

INGREDIENTS: (according to Nuxe) Acacia Honey 5%, Shea Butter 13%, Plant Oils (Chilean Rose, Sweet Almond) 9.5%, Grapefruit Essence 2.5%, Vitamin E 1%

Hmmm. As for the other 69%... alt. ingreds. (from adorebeauty.com.au): beeswax, shea butter 13%, vegetable oil, lecithin, behenoxy dimethicone, sweet almond oil 8.5%, honey 5%, dimethicone, octinoxate, grapefruit oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated vegetable oil, soybean oil, rosa moschata oil, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, allantoin, lemon oil, candelilla wax, calendula extract. continued >>

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No