September 21, 2014 | 1293 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by evaapplewood

This is a nightly treatment for your lips - basically, I am in love with this stuff - buy this - you won't regret it - put it on right before you go to sleep and your lips are stunning in the morning - worth every penny and cheaper that other products from France - get it today.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by evilkim

This lip balm has a grainy feeling when its applied, and it's not very moisturizing. I mostly used it at night (because of that grainyfeeling and appearance) by layering on a thicker layer, but it seems to slide off overnight easily, and it doesn't seem to leave my lips as soft as some other lip balms do. My lips are extremely dry and chapped (as a child my lips would crack and bleed in the winter) I'm still on the search for a better lip balm.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ladies, the nuxe family balm is pretty much the same stuff with less of a honey taste, and it comes in a tube with three times the product for roughly the same price.

The lip balm itself- which I do recommend as a first purchase in case you don't like it- has a grainy feel, almost like unwhipped shea butter. It goes on thick and works well but I find its staying power does not last overnight because of its tendency to migrate, so I don't like this as a treatment. I do however like putting this on first thing in the morning under my lippie or another balm.

Give the family balm a shot, espcially if you don't like pots, and especially if you like the balm and want to rebuy but save your cash!
Four lippies because it is good stuff....just like the family balm!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really great product for the lips!!
Very thick, rich, wonderfully scented (smells like honey, citrus and delicate flowers), it deep nourishes your lips without being greasy. Looks like natural wax (it has this yellow/ochre colour typical of the natural Bee's'wax).
I use it as night before bedtime - but I am sure this will do wonders in wintertime with harsh weather.
As a result I wake up with the most soft lips, and applying lipstick in the morning has never been so easy due to the perfect condition of my lips!!
Very reasonably priced (I bought it for 9 euros but the 15 ml jar will last for ages I guess) - the only thing I regret is that you need to dip your finger in the jar and spread the product on your lips, which makes it not so hygienic and impossible to use it when you're away from home.
Wish they made also a stick version for bringing in your purse.
Other than that, one of the best products for lips out there. Try it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sourbelt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I first bought this in 2000 in France and Germany. I liked it so much that I gave them away as gifts. 8 years later I am buying it again, as soon as I found it available through on-line stores in the States with free shipping! It smells great and has a very heavy consistency. It's perfect for massaging and exfoliating your lips before going to sleep. As a lip treatment without SPF, I'd have to say this is better than Rosebud Salve. (The best SPF lip treatment goes to Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by derekb15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My lips are always dry and flakey. I've tried everything and while it may make my lips okay for awhile, they still do not feel moist. Well, this overpriced stuff does the trick! No more flakies, seems like it soaks in. I just put some on before I go to bed and in the morning my lips are great. I was afraid of the smell, but it's not bad, kind of refreshing. Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by rachchen

I finally succumbed to the hype whilst in Paris, and dare I say, it is everything they said it was plus 3 bags of chips.

This balm is the antithesis of Smith's Rosebud Salve: it is non-shiny, does not have a liquidy, melt-y texture, it actually stays on your lips, moisturises chapped lips, and smells inoffensive. It is not Vaseline, but a buttery, velvety BALM.

It wears extremely well under lipstick, and in fact makes MAC lipsticks wearable for me again.

I am reminded of Philosophy's Kiss Me lip balm (it was all the rage about 10 years ago) but without the horrid hospital smell. This balm has a subtle grapefruit scent.

It is not cheap. I paid about 9 Euros for mine. But if I add up all the money I've spent on less expensive lip balm, it would cost more than 1 tub of a superior lip balm.

It is everything I am looking for in a lip balm.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by spagirlie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have no idea what I would do if my lips could not get their fix with this balm. It's a pricey pot of product, but I am amazed at how long this lasts. It took me over a year to finish when I bought my first, and that's with using it every single night.

I use this lip balm every night to totally hydrate and repair my lips. It's thick and you can taste the honey slightly. I like to also think of it more as a "mask" for my lips. Thus, I don't recommend using it during the day unless your lips are extremely dry. It also does not seem to work well under lip liner and lipstick.

I also gave the packaging a lower score because you must have very clean hands before you apply (so you don't contaminate it)

Get this product into your arsenal and put it on your night stand. It is so much better than any other lip care product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

This is definitely what you would call a heavy duty lip balm. I have had it for a few weeks now & have barely scraped the surface, as a little goes a long way. So I can say it's definitely worth the money & I can't see myself running out of this anytime soon.

The balm is very thick in texture, and leaves a semi-matte finish. It doesn't feel greasy or slippery at all. But I only use this at night time before going to bed, to give my lips a good overnight treatment. When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is wipe it off, as I find that the bits of dry skin have been moisturised to the point where they can be easily wiped away. I find that it's a bit too thick and concentrated to use during the day, or underneath a lipstick or lipgloss.

It has a citrus flavour/fragrance to it (due to the citrus extract components), and also a slight honey flavour. I will be buying this again to use as my overnight lip balm, as it is very intense and does a great job at eliminating dryness and flakiness. The jar is a bit annoying, as I prefer lip balms in stick form, but the consistency of this balm would make it a bit difficult to have it in any other form.

INGREDIENTS: Beeswax, shea butter, vegetable oil, lecithin, behenoxy dimethicone, sweet almond oil, honey, dimethicone, octinoxate, grapefruit peel oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated vegetable oil, limonene, soybean oil, rosa moschata oil, vitamin e, allantoin, lemon peel oil, candelilla wax, calendula flower extract, citral, linalool.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really shouldn't have bought this. I am really in to matte lip balms that give my lips a little sheen instead of shiny. This lip balm works quite well but it makes my lips feel greasy and gross.

One of the main things that turned me off from this product is the fact that one of the main ingredients is hydrogenated oil-yuck! So in other words, I pretty much am smearing grease on my lips. I won't be repurchasing this lip balm ever. For $20.00, there is much better balms out there than this one.