January 26, 2015 | 1932 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2009 2:59:00 PM More reviews by JinxyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried to make this work due to rave reviews but after years of using Jing Jang Creme, this doesn't even come close. I wanted to love this non-greasy $21 balm in the no-mess 15g pot so I test drove it for 1 week. Unfortunately, each time it just sat on my lips, even after warming to my body temp. Woke up with an opaque, waxy residue along lipline and corners of mouth and, what's worse, no noticeable benefits. After removing the filmy residue in the morning, lips still felt rough and dry. Strange considering main ingredients are: honey 5%, shea butter 13%, almond oil 8.5%, vit E 1%. Aroma is grapefruity/honey.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by parapara01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Matte finish
Very moisturizing
Lasted forever

Cons:
Needed to be warmed up
Didn't love the smell/flavour
Glass pot can cumbersome

Conclusion:
One of the best lip balms I've had. Looking at this objectively it did the job of keeping my lips moisturized for a long time and the pot lasted for so long that I think this HG material. Although I would perfer a different container and a better taste, I probably will buy it again.

Alternatives:
La Mer Lip Balm - also has a matte finish, but easier to apply

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2009 2:33:00 AM More reviews by holymolely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's a great product! I've only been using it for 2 nights and my lips are noticeably softer in the morning. I am a compulsively lick my lips so i dont use any balm during the day cause ill just eat it all up. My lips are very dry as a result. I've tried using vaseline and various lip balm/gloss and nothing works better in such a short time. The best part for me is that it doesnt have a terrible taste or any taste at all. would buy this product again most definitely

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 12:26:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Like the reviewer before me, I highly doubted the effectiveness of this thick, waxy product - how on earth would this ever work on my lips? How would it prevent chapping if it just sat on top of my lips?

Based on reviews, however, I swiped this when I found it at a Shoppers Beauty Boutique - it's $16 CAD, so I had high expectations (especially since I've been using cheap Aquaphor as my go-to lip balm for the last couple of years). I'm so glad to say that Reve de Miel is worth every hard-earned penny!

The light, sweet smell is inoffensive, and the waxiness isn't hard to tolerate. It's actually working for me as a base to my lipsticks, liners and glosses - the lip products last longer AND my lips stay moist all day long. No chapping at all. It's unbelievable, especially for me, who's really prone to chapping.

I use it at night as well, and I find that on the evenings I don't use it, my lips are dry, tight and chapped the following morning. I won't be without this product now. There are very few products I'll call Holy Grail, and this is definitely one of them!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by chestnutrose

Amazing. Best lip balm I have tried to date! This lasts for hours on my lips, no other lip balm has ever really achieved that for me. It's consistency is thick, pasty and waxy. When I initially felt this, I thought that there was no way this would work. I thought it would just sit on top of my lips, not really the case. It stays on your lips but it provides optimal hydration at the same time. I absolutely love it, pleasant taste and smell. This one really is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by BCL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i bought this based on the great reviews. THANK YOU!!! i think it's perfect. i try to use things without animal ingredients so this product is quite a find. i keep it in my nightstand and use it every night before bed. what makes this so great is that it is pastey enough that it stays on your lips to really keep them moisturized while you sleep. my lips often peel from being so dry and this has changed them. i also love ren's lip balm but like most, it doesn't stay on long and you need to reapply. there is no bad taste and it's stays put so well that it doesn't really wind up in your mouth anyway. i wouldn't use this during the day but a perfect nighttime treatment.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by jmk244

I bought this lip balm while I was taking accutane because I heard wonderful things about how moisturizing it is. Accutane dehydrates your body very and your lips get it the worst-to the point where I was applying lip balm every 20 mins and my lips were still chapped and cracking. Unfortunately even this wasnt able to help.
I do love the smell and it spreads very nicely but I found 99 cent carmex to moisturize my lips more effectively. I really wanted to love this too.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2008 9:24:00 AM More reviews by vickyj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this balm!!! I have dry lips which i tend to bite often and the air con where I work makes my lips worse. I apply this every night and I wake up with soft repaired lips. Its a god send for me .the price was not too bad as I brough it in France where it seems to be cheaper

vicky

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

this has a matte finish so readers should take that into consideration.
well i originally wrote a glowing review, but i think i may have been influenced by the hype. after continued use i can say with assurance this product does nothing for me. my lips still crack and get dry. also i do not like the feeling on my lips. it gets a "sludgy" texture and cakes up

NB - this has now been demoted as my on-the-go cuticle treatment for my purse -- something it works well for given the packaging and matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee456

I've had this lip balm for about 7 months now and it's nowhere near finished although I apply a fairly thick layer every night. So while the initial price is high, it does last. It really helps my lips heal (I have a habit of biting and picking at dried bits of lip when I'm stressed, disgusting I know) and moisturizes well, preventing the dried bits to start with. I don't like this for during the day because unless you're careful it's easy to apply too much and then it looks like white goo on your lips, and because the glass jar is rather heavy and big to take along everywhere. So this one lives on my nightstand. It smells rather strongly of citrus/grapefruit. I quite like it, but it might be a no-no for people who are sensitive to smells.