Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 7/2/2010 1:48:00 AM

So this balm is my HG. I am addicted to ANY balm and I cannot for the life of me be without something on my lips or they will get sore and red even though I'm not really a licker. I also have peeling nonstop, day and night due to a horrible and disgusting habit of picking my lips (yep, I don't know how I even accomplish that either).
All together I have obviously tried basically everything on the planet, expensive or cheap, and I have a bunch of lip products (some glosses are awesome for moisture and protection, like TheBalm's or Dior's) that I use religiously, so I really bought this just because I was bored.
At first I didn't like the waxy consistency (this thing is thick!), but after forcing myself to use it for a couple of days, I realized that if I use it when my lips are peeling the most and I rub it in with my fingers repeatedly, it exfoliates them and leaves them looking like new (literally). This reaction is very weird, I never had it before with any other lip products, even actual exfoliators, and so now every time I'm peeling (so let's leave it at every day) I use this, exfoliate, take it off with a tissue and then apply a thick layer, especially when going to bed.
My lips look healed, almost like I never touched them and no peeling remains. It is incredible and very much worth my money as it is a unique product.
Disclaimer: This doesn't feel moisturizing to me, it feels like I rubbed a candle on my lips and in a way that protects them. Overall, I like it, actually love it for my specific use.

on 4/6/2010 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I wear a lot of matte lipsticks which can dry my lips out, so this makes the perfect base as it moisturises, but doesn't make the lipstick slip off. On its own however, I find it a bit too waxy and hard, and not the most moisturising - it seems to disappear quickly. But if I layer a thinner, glossier balm over it (such as Korres Lip Butter), I get long-lasting moisture. I do this at night and in the morning my lips are in perfect condition. I will definitely repurchase it.

Ingredients (French version) : beeswax, vegetable oil, lecithin, behenoxy dimethicone, sweet almond oil, shea butter extract, honey, shea butter, dimethicone, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, grapefruit peel oil, capric triglyceride, hydrogenated vegetable oil, soybean oil, rosa moschata seed oil, tocopheryl acetate, tocopherol, lemon peel oil, candelilla wax, allantoin, calendula officinalis flower extract, BHT, citric acid, citral, limonene, linalool.

on 3/10/2010 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm a lucky (?) owner of quite nice, full lips. If I take care of them and moisturise them on a regular basis, they reward me with a smashing look. If I don't , however, they start looking terrible - chapped, uneven, and there's no way I can put lipstick on them without looking at my reflection in the mirror without some level of disgust.

So, I was very excited to find a local pharmacy that carries NUXE products. Their honey lip balm was something I've been wanting to try for quite some time. The products I'm currenly using are Sisley's Lip Nutritive Balm (nighttime) and Korres Lip Butter in Pomegranate (daytime). Unfortunately, there are 2 problems with these products: Korres lip butter gives my lips a nice colour, but the initial sense of moisture and softness passes away very, very quickly and leaves my lips coloured, but dry. The Sisley balm moisturizes really well and is more durable but it's expensive as hell (I paid 45 Euros for the tiny jar) - that's the reason I'm using it at nighttime only.

So I've been looking for an alternative and I think I found it! The NUXE honey lip balm comes in a little glas jar, which is not a problem for me. The consistency is quite thick and waxy, but not sticky (in contrary to Sisley which is a bit like vaseline). The colour is, well, honey yellow, and the smell, aaaaaah, the smell is divine. It's a mixture of honey and orange blossom - not too intense though. It's not greasy and it's almost invisible on our lips.
I put it on and felt my lips transform in a matter of minutes, if not seconds. Wow! And the result is exactly what I want: soft, moisturised lips without feeling the product on them all the time.

And one more remark:
Sisley: 45 Euros for 9g (0.3 oz) - seriously, I must have been crazy when I bought this.
Korres: app 9 Euros for 6g (0.21 oz) .
For NUXE, you pay app. 11-12 Euros for 15g (0.52 oz).

You do the math.

This product contains: Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter Fruit), Vegetable Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Sweet Almond Oil, Mel (Honey), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Grapefruit Peel Oil, Caprylic/capric Triglycerides, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Limonene, Glycine Soja (Soybean Oil), Rosa Moschata Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Lemon Pell Oil, Candelilla Cera Wax, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Citral, Linalool.

on 1/16/2010 7:37:00 PM

It's expensive but the size is big for a lip balm. Took me a long time to use up my first one and I'll definitely buy again. It has a nice texture and melts when you put it on. Made my lips so soft and comfortable.

on 12/30/2009 9:14:00 AM

I'm using this balm periodically past few years. And it save my lips! I have big issue with my lips - everything dried them. Can't wear lipstick, can't wear anything :(. Lucky for me, my lips don't look ugly and chopped - but they're very dry and it hurting how dry can be :(.
I'm using this balm only at night and my lips looks (and feel) wonderful :). Only bad thing about this balm - I can't use it constantly cause after while I'm used on it and it doesn't help anymore. But that's mine and my lips problem - don't have anything with a balm :).
Definitly I'm buying this again after pause :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm really picky when it comes to lip balms. The consistency has to be right, otherwise I won't use it, no matter how well it perfoms because I can't stand waxy feeling on my lips and this is the mother of all waxy lip balms.

When applying, it feels like trying to put pure beeswax on your lips. I've tried different amounts and I've tried to rub it in my fingers a bit so that it would "melt" little and become softer with no luck. It really is a horrible lip balm, if not the worst I've ever tried.

It doesn't feel moisturising at all and my lips don't feel any softer than if I hadn't put anything on them. It just sits on my lips and I wonder if anything is sinking in. It's the winter time now and I need something that really soothes and moisturises my chapped and dried out lips - unfortunately this lip balm didn't do the job.

It tastes like grapefruit. Not the fresh fruit, but like the grapefruit essential oil. Now, I don't like to put essential oils on my lips since I'm going to get some of it into my mouth anyway. Also, essential oils are not sun safe and I prefer to protect my lips.

The only positive thing I can say about this is the packaging. The heavy glass jar looks nice, but that's about it. A HUGE disappointment.

on 12/18/2009 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I bought this on a whim from b-glowing and I really like it! It has a nice honey scent (that is milder than the burt's bees honey lip balm) and I do like that it exfoliates your lips as you put it on. It has a nice gloss look without being sticky, I wear it everynight (as my lips will crack and bleed the next morning without some form of chapstick each night) and I wake up with incredibly soft lips. Not the cheapest of balms but definitely worth the price.

on 12/16/2009 4:43:00 PM

I'm very picky when it comes to my lip products and I fell in love with this lip balm. I'm very careful to only use a tiny amount of it otherwise you do get the white film on the inner lining of your lip. I'm quite sensitive to certain scents from lip products and some make me want to vomit, but not with this. It smells mildly like citrus and I couldnt believe how
protected my lips were. I walk to work and it gets pretty chilli with the wind and even four hours into my day, my lips are still moisturized. It feels waxy and creamy, but I definately notice a difference in the condition of my lips. I think the trick is to wash your hands first in warm water, rub your ring finger in circular motion to warm up the product and I sometimes warm it up more with my other ring finger. You can use the back of your hand too just make sure your hands are clean. Also, because its preservative free, the glass jar keeps the ingredients fresher and will preserve the product for longer use. I wouldn't mind it on a stick form, but if it takes away from the quality, I'd rather keep the glass jar.

on 12/15/2009 7:07:00 PM

This was a terrible waste of money for me. I wore this day and night for a week before I couldn't stand it anymore - my lips had gotten more chapped and dry after I started using this balm! I generally love balms with shea butter in them, but this one didn't moisturize at all. The texture was pretty good, thick but not overly so, and the citrusy smell didn't bother me (but it wasn't my favorite). I was surprised to find that this left a whitish cast on my lips after application. It didn't matter if I used a little bit or a lot, my lips still looked very pale and sickly. I know it wasn't from a lack of exfoliation because I hardly ever forget to exfoliate my lips. The packaging was okay - a thick glass jar with a sturdy white lid - but not the most sanitary. To me, this seems way overpriced and not worth the hype. **UPDATE** I've discovered that if I take a toothpick and stir this around for a bit, that it applies much more easily and doesn't leave a white residue on lips. Maybe the beeswax was top and the other ingredients were below it? I still find that this isn't as moisturizing as other balms (Jack Black and Weleda Everon), but it's good enough to increase its score from 1 to 3.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

So far I love this lip balm! Its truly protective. It doens't come off easily like other balms that you need to reapply over and over again. The scent is very mild which is fine with me. Some lip balm flavors are so strong they're nauseating and most of those fake scents are made with pthalates and other chemicals anyway. it doesn't contain petro chemcials. (I don't like the idea of ingesting gasoline by-products) I prefer to use this as a night treatment since its in a pot. Try it. Its very hydrating.

Popular Lip Treatments