August 27, 2014 | 1835 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2008 3:31:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a really great product for the lips!!
Very thick, rich, wonderfully scented (smells like honey, citrus and delicate flowers), it deep nourishes your lips without being greasy. Looks like natural wax (it has this yellow/ochre colour typical of the natural Bee's'wax).
I use it as night before bedtime - but I am sure this will do wonders in wintertime with harsh weather.
As a result I wake up with the most soft lips, and applying lipstick in the morning has never been so easy due to the perfect condition of my lips!!
Very reasonably priced (I bought it for 9 euros but the 15 ml jar will last for ages I guess) - the only thing I regret is that you need to dip your finger in the jar and spread the product on your lips, which makes it not so hygienic and impossible to use it when you're away from home.
Wish they made also a stick version for bringing in your purse.
Other than that, one of the best products for lips out there. Try it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 9:48:00 PM More reviews by sourbelt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I first bought this in 2000 in France and Germany. I liked it so much that I gave them away as gifts. 8 years later I am buying it again, as soon as I found it available through on-line stores in the States with free shipping! It smells great and has a very heavy consistency. It's perfect for massaging and exfoliating your lips before going to sleep. As a lip treatment without SPF, I'd have to say this is better than Rosebud Salve. (The best SPF lip treatment goes to Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by derekb15

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My lips are always dry and flakey. I've tried everything and while it may make my lips okay for awhile, they still do not feel moist. Well, this overpriced stuff does the trick! No more flakies, seems like it soaks in. I just put some on before I go to bed and in the morning my lips are great. I was afraid of the smell, but it's not bad, kind of refreshing. Would definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 8:31:00 AM More reviews by rachchen

I finally succumbed to the hype whilst in Paris, and dare I say, it is everything they said it was plus 3 bags of chips.

This balm is the antithesis of Smith's Rosebud Salve: it is non-shiny, does not have a liquidy, melt-y texture, it actually stays on your lips, moisturises chapped lips, and smells inoffensive. It is not Vaseline, but a buttery, velvety BALM.

It wears extremely well under lipstick, and in fact makes MAC lipsticks wearable for me again.

I am reminded of Philosophy's Kiss Me lip balm (it was all the rage about 10 years ago) but without the horrid hospital smell. This balm has a subtle grapefruit scent.

It is not cheap. I paid about 9 Euros for mine. But if I add up all the money I've spent on less expensive lip balm, it would cost more than 1 tub of a superior lip balm.

It is everything I am looking for in a lip balm.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by spagirlie

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have no idea what I would do if my lips could not get their fix with this balm. It's a pricey pot of product, but I am amazed at how long this lasts. It took me over a year to finish when I bought my first, and that's with using it every single night.

I use this lip balm every night to totally hydrate and repair my lips. It's thick and you can taste the honey slightly. I like to also think of it more as a "mask" for my lips. Thus, I don't recommend using it during the day unless your lips are extremely dry. It also does not seem to work well under lip liner and lipstick.

I also gave the packaging a lower score because you must have very clean hands before you apply (so you don't contaminate it)

Get this product into your arsenal and put it on your night stand. It is so much better than any other lip care product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by bluemelon

This is definitely what you would call a heavy duty lip balm. I have had it for a few weeks now & have barely scraped the surface, as a little goes a long way. So I can say it's definitely worth the money & I can't see myself running out of this anytime soon.

The balm is very thick in texture, and leaves a semi-matte finish. It doesn't feel greasy or slippery at all. But I only use this at night time before going to bed, to give my lips a good overnight treatment. When I get up in the morning, the first thing I do is wipe it off, as I find that the bits of dry skin have been moisturised to the point where they can be easily wiped away. I find that it's a bit too thick and concentrated to use during the day, or underneath a lipstick or lipgloss.

It has a citrus flavour/fragrance to it (due to the citrus extract components), and also a slight honey flavour. I will be buying this again to use as my overnight lip balm, as it is very intense and does a great job at eliminating dryness and flakiness. The jar is a bit annoying, as I prefer lip balms in stick form, but the consistency of this balm would make it a bit difficult to have it in any other form.

INGREDIENTS: Beeswax, shea butter, vegetable oil, lecithin, behenoxy dimethicone, sweet almond oil, honey, dimethicone, octinoxate, grapefruit peel oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, hydrogenated vegetable oil, limonene, soybean oil, rosa moschata oil, vitamin e, allantoin, lemon peel oil, candelilla wax, calendula flower extract, citral, linalool.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 4:19:00 PM More reviews by jasmin3w4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really shouldn't have bought this. I am really in to matte lip balms that give my lips a little sheen instead of shiny. This lip balm works quite well but it makes my lips feel greasy and gross.

One of the main things that turned me off from this product is the fact that one of the main ingredients is hydrogenated oil-yuck! So in other words, I pretty much am smearing grease on my lips. I won't be repurchasing this lip balm ever. For $20.00, there is much better balms out there than this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by CherryBanana

I really like this. The texture takes a bit of getting used to its kinda dry feeling, not slippery at all. But it really gets the job done! I apply this in the evening just before bed & lasts through the night. Doesnt come off even when I brush my teeth, I actually have to wipe it off when washing my face. It is on the expensive side ($16 CND I think) but its quality & I imagine will last a long time. Packaging is classy ( & glass so don't drop it!) & it smells lovely. I think this could become my HG lip treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Kaijia

**UPDATED** - this should be used as an OVERNIGHT TREATMENT. this is the last thing i do before passing out- and i wake up with plumped, moisturized lips that don't need tending to all day long. i notice a difference when i use something else (typically lanolin). this is the best product on the market.

fantastic product. true, it's very thick, but one application hydrates and nourishes your lips for the rest of the day, and i don't feel the urge to constantly reapply as i do when using 8-hr cream. very pleasant scent (orange blossom is allegedly very good for lifting the spirits!) and the waxiness, though it takes some getting used to, is by far superior to that feeling of slick oiliness you get with other things like vaseline.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by sankofa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love it. One of the best lip balms I have ever tried (and during my isotretinoin treatment), it really works.
I put a thick amount of it before bedtime and the next morning it's still there. My lips are really moistured and soft.
However I don't use it during daytime because it's too thick and waxy. The scent is nice.