December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Lip Treatments - Nuxe - Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2008 12:06:00 AM More reviews by valentina555

this has a matte finish so readers should take that into consideration.
well i originally wrote a glowing review, but i think i may have been influenced by the hype. after continued use i can say with assurance this product does nothing for me. my lips still crack and get dry. also i do not like the feeling on my lips. it gets a "sludgy" texture and cakes up

NB - this has now been demoted as my on-the-go cuticle treatment for my purse -- something it works well for given the packaging and matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by bumblebee456

I've had this lip balm for about 7 months now and it's nowhere near finished although I apply a fairly thick layer every night. So while the initial price is high, it does last. It really helps my lips heal (I have a habit of biting and picking at dried bits of lip when I'm stressed, disgusting I know) and moisturizes well, preventing the dried bits to start with. I don't like this for during the day because unless you're careful it's easy to apply too much and then it looks like white goo on your lips, and because the glass jar is rather heavy and big to take along everywhere. So this one lives on my nightstand. It smells rather strongly of citrus/grapefruit. I quite like it, but it might be a no-no for people who are sensitive to smells.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 3:39:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

Honestly, this is the absolute BEST lip blam I have ever tried!!!! Brands such as Blistex, etc. tend to make me break out terribly and I find that although the cooling sensation on my lips from products such as that feels nice, it doesn't really help my chapped lips all that much. I was in Shoppers Drugmart one day looking at different lip balms and decided to stick to non-comogenic products. I happened to come across this one and decided to buy it. I was pretty excited about this, so I put it on twice a day for a total of 2 days and voila...my lips were back to complete normal! Now whenever I feel a slight chapping, I put this stuff on and my lips are completely fine again :D

There are downsides to this product such as:
-the price ($16!!!)
-it's waxy so it's probably best used if you don't plan on wearing any lipstick for the day, OR if you want to wear lipstick during the day, put this on at night

The plus sides:
-amazingly non-chapped, non-dried lips with minimal uses
-so far it hasn't broken me out (let's hope it stays this way)
-it seems to last on your lips...I can put this on and a couple hours later, it will still be there
-the waxy coating actually feels like it is protecting your lips

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2008 10:19:00 AM More reviews by cutekudo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best one!

I always apply a thick layer on my lips at night and my lips become so soft and moist when i wake up. I dont need to apply any lip balm during the daytime and still feel so good!

Besides I love the smell too

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Nata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just finished a jar of this balm (it took me a YEAR). Well, it is great product. It never failed to heel my lips from chapping, dryness and flakiness. It doesn't feel very good and it is not a good base for a lipstick, BUT it works very well as a night treatment. Few weeks ago I had 11 hours' flight and forgot to take a lip balm on the plane. As a result my lips were dry, peeling and even bleeding... After trying everything for three days, I found some of the Nuxe honey balm left, applied it in the evening and the next morning my lips were just fine - not a sign of the damage! I don't mind a jar packaging, waxy texture and feel - it is must have for the canadian winter and for anyone who has problem dry lips. Will I buy it again? O, yes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Cooler22

This is just a fabelous lip balm. It's even got plumping effects, and on my lips it actually stings a bit. I reckon that is good though, because my lips get really mouistered and plumped.
Tip: Use it together with hyaluronic serum: apply the serum first and let it dry, then nuxe on top of that. Result: Super-mouistered, Angelina Jolie-like lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2008 5:18:00 AM More reviews by Helen031

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I find this a bit too thick and waxy. Also, I was expecting a sweet honey smell but this is very citrus smelling. The texture is rather hard and it's not as easy as other lip treatments to apply. However, it does work, I wake up with moist lips in the morning after I apply this at night. I just think there might be better lip treatments out there that's not as waxy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 2:23:00 PM More reviews by julia75

I bought this product after a friend recommended it, she has had big time trouble with extremely dry lips and told me that this was an amazing product. It did help me whit my winter-time-dry lips so I ended up buying a second one. I use it as a night-time treatment when needed, (because of it´s so grainy and thick). Right now I am just finishing up the one I got about 8 months ago, so this product last long when used as a “now and then treatment”. Expensive but does a great job.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 8:22:00 AM More reviews by evaapplewood

This is a nightly treatment for your lips - basically, I am in love with this stuff - buy this - you won't regret it - put it on right before you go to sleep and your lips are stunning in the morning - worth every penny and cheaper that other products from France - get it today.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by evilkim

This lip balm has a grainy feeling when its applied, and it's not very moisturizing. I mostly used it at night (because of that grainyfeeling and appearance) by layering on a thicker layer, but it seems to slide off overnight easily, and it doesn't seem to leave my lips as soft as some other lip balms do. My lips are extremely dry and chapped (as a child my lips would crack and bleed in the winter) I'm still on the search for a better lip balm.