Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 11/4/2009 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

After lemming this for over two years I finally caved and ordered this from Beauty.com. At first, I was in love. It reminded me of the Prada balm that came in and out of my life all too quickly. It has a similar smooth, buttery texture and tastes kind of subtly luxurious. After using this for about a month after I shower, I realize this is actually drying out my lips. This may be a good base for lipstick however if you want moist, plump lips, stick wtih Caudalie or Aquaphor, which are cheaper and easier to find.

on 10/11/2009 4:15:00 AM

This is the best lip treatment I've ever tried. I used to have chapped lips from hell. They would actually crack open and bleed, esp in the winter...but my lips are super dry all year round. This is the only lip treatment that doesn't sit on top of my lips and do nothing. It stays put all day - once I even put it on before having surgery (4 hours!), and when I woke up, my lips were still hydrated! usually you wake up with the driest of dry lips, but not with this one lol.

I got this a year ago, and I haven't had dry lips ever since. Not once. I only need to put it on in the morning - it lasts all day, trust me - and in the night. I also use it under my eyes...it sounds so strange, but my under eye area can get so dry. And it works like a charm.

But the thing I like the most about it is that it's matte. I HATE getting my hair stuck on my lips, my hair getting all greasy, me face getting all greasy...not with this one. If you're looking for something that adds some shine then go buy a lip gloss.

I don't think the price is too steep considering that a jar lasts about a year.

on 7/9/2009 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I loooooove this. I live in such a cold country and in the cold -40C winters this is what saves my lips, along with the jojoba Everyday minerals lip scrub. This works so well and lasts so long because I only apply it once a week and the rest of the time I can use any cheaper brand it doesn't matter. This gives me the smoothest softest lips. It works on my bf too who only wears lipbalm at night as a treatment. Love Nuxe! The only things is, it's not as natural as you think it might be. It has great essential oils but the regular chemicals you would find in any products. Oh and I love the smell. The texture is more thick but it doesn't feel oily/greasy at all.

on 6/23/2009 9:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this balm for years. It moisturizes perfectly and keeps my lips soft and not too shiny. It lasts for ages without leaving this little white dirt on the corner of the mouth. But unfortunately they have changed this product and the new version is less long lasting than the old one :( I will still keep on repurchasing this product!

on 6/21/2009 7:57:00 PM

I don't understand the hype...
I HATE this stuff

-The texture is heavy and gross with some grains in it.
-The smell is absolutely awful.
-It makes my lips even more dry!! What's the hell with this product ?
-The pot is not hygienic at all!
-Expensive for nothing.
-It contains some Essential Oils , so when you put it on , avoid the sun!

Overall: Don't but it , it's not a good product .
The cheap Labellos work much better ;-)

on 6/21/2009 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This isn't really what I expected. It's a beeswax base with a citrus scent that reminds me strongly of the batches of basic balm my mom used to whip up. It moisturizes decently and smells fine, but it's a little grainy, doesn't sink in too well and has more chemicals than my mom's version. It's fine and I'll use what I have, but a repurchase is not likely.

on 5/11/2009 12:22:00 AM

J'dore!!
The ONLY product that works for my dry lips.
All natural. No petroleum. No need to apply every five minutes.
I am reluctant to tell you all how great this balm is, as I already have trouble sourcing it.
There is no better product and i have tried them ALL.

on 4/10/2009 10:41:00 AM

I disliked this balm so much I threw it away after a week of steady use. I didn't notice any improvement, I found the texture odd/pilly and kind of gross, and it just did not work for me at all. I went and got a little tube of Aquaphor and it did more for my chapped lips in 12 hours than this stuff did with constant use for a week. Thumbs down!

on 3/31/2009 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

My HG lip balm! I personally like the thick texture and find this balm effectively prevents dry, chapped lips. I like to slather it on at night and wake up to soft lips but it can also be used as a base under lip gloss/stick. I also find that one pot usually lasts a year; it's good value for money. I absolutely adore the smell - it reminds me of Christmas!

The only negative side to this lip balm is that it turns my highly pigmented lips a dull colour but that's easily fixed my applying a swipe of gloss over it.

on 3/27/2009 8:57:00 PM

Looove this balm. The texture is thick, and you definitely have to work with this a bit--I have to rub it in for longer than other balms in order to get it to sink in. Otherwise, you will get the white residue other reviewers have mentioned. I love the matte finish, and I swear that my lips are plumper, only because they're so much more moisturized than they've ever been. I use a bit in the morning and work it in before I put on lipstick or gloss, and my lips feel comfortable all day with no tight or dry feeling. At night I put on a thicker layer and let it sink in all night. I love the grapefruit/honey scent and the packaging. I suppose it's not the most sanitary thing in the world, but I don't think this would work in any other type of packaging. It's way too creamy to be in stick form and too thick for a sqeeze tube. I've had my jar for about 10 months and I'm probably about 60% of the way through it, with daily use. I can understand the negative reviews--my husband hates this because he hates rubbing it in. So, if you're looking for a quick-swipe kind of balm, this is not for you.

Popular Lip Treatments