Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra-Nourishing Lip Balm with Honey and Precious Oils

4.2

Cera Alba (Beeswax), Olus (Vegetable) Oil, Lecithin, Behenoxy Dimethicone, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract, Mel/Honey, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rosa Moschata Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifolia Wax, Candelilla Wax), Allantoin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, BHT, Citric Acid, Citral, Limonene, Linalool

on 3/2/2011 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have always been someone who HAS to have lipbalm at all times. But over the last 6 months, even with all my balms and treatments, my lips had become a non-stop cracked peeling mess. Lipstick and gloss looked awful, and despite daily exfoliation and constant layers of various lip treatments, they just were not getting better. I tried all the expensive drugstore balms and overnight treatments to no avail. Exasperated, I purchased this Nuxe balm based on the reviews, hoping for a high end miracle. Surprisingly, I got one!
Within 2 nights, my lips were feeling better - less peeling and starting to heal. After a few weeks of this, I have seen only improvement. I still get the occasional flake, but nothing like the deep painful dehydration of before. I slather this on at night, and in the morning my lips still feel protected - I no longer reach for the balm as soon as I wake up. I can also use just a dab of this in the morning before doing my makeup, and my lips seem to stay hydrated and healthy most of the day, regardless of what else I put on them.
The texture of this is kind of odd. Its soft, but doesnt melt and become slick. It stays the same odd firm texture on your lips that it is in the jar. It can leave a faint whitish cast because of the thick texture, so its def not something to be worn alone during the day - needs some color or gloss over it. The smell is negligible to me.
Despite the weird texture and feel, I will purchase this as long as it keeps my poor lips healthy and soft all day and night. Def 5 stars here.

My goodness, can I say best lip balm ever? This is by far the most moisturizing lip product that I have ever tried. Since my lips can be a little on the dry side, I find myself often reaching for this balm (although not as often as my other lip balms, because like I said, it is very moisturizing). However, for those of you whose lips don't get dry so often, you would probably only need to apply this 2x a day at the most. The texture is quite gritty (which I like, because it makes a decent lip exfoliant), not the kind of lip product in which you can use a brush to apply onto your lips, because the consistency is too hard. It smells wonderful (I have this weird thing about lip balms; they must smell good to me; otherwise I won't repurchase), like honey (obviously), but better. Finally, this is the only lip balm I have purchased that has a matte finish, which I love, because I usually dislike the look of shiny or sparkly lips.

on 2/16/2011 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like the honey lemon smell and packaging, but this was not moisturizing at all. It's super thick has a sort of gritty feel to it. It almost feels like putting melted wax on your lips, it creates a coating, and is not slick at all, so it's uncomfortable for me to rub my lips together, as they just drag against each other. I've tried this in the summer and the winter and my lips were not any less dry after using this overnight. Did not help the condition of my lips.

on 2/13/2011 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

love love love. helped a lot when i had dry lips. and the best thing about it is that its matte. it doesnt have a glossy finish.

on 1/23/2011 7:42:00 AM

HG lipbalm hands down. I have used this for about ten years and in that time have only bought about four of them as, being 15ml, it lasts a loooooong time. Yes, it's expensive, and for this reason I've tried various other cheaper products but none compare. As it's very thick, I'd recommend as a night product and / or for very dry winter lips. If you want this as a make-up product rather than a lip treatment, this is not for you. If you want a 100% guarantee of dry lip rescue, go and purchase immediately!

on 1/10/2011 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have used this for about two months, at night only, because it leaves a wierd, rather disgusting white residue on the lips and feels heavy and uncomfortable. As a night treatment, it is not bad, but it just sits on top of the lips so the lips don't lose moisture to the surrounding air. That task could be easily performed by some Vaseline for much less. I am now using Caudalie lip conditioner which is much more cosmetically elegant and actually improves the condition of my lips.

on 1/4/2011 11:26:00 AM

HG status, Best lipbalm ever. Using this every night prevents chapped lips. Only one application at night is enough to keep my lips in perfect condition all day. One jars has lasted a year and a half. i havent bought any lip balms/chapsticks in all that time. You save a lot in the end

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

A great product, especially as a night time treatment in the winter!

While browsing the pharmacy aisle looking for a repairing lip treatment, I was hesitating between La Roche-Posay's Ceralip and the Nuxe Rève de Miel. The BA highly recommended Nuxe instead of LRP and she was right!

The texture and consistency is wonderful, there is a light and pleasant smell and it moisiturizes the lips very well. I've been wearing every night before going to bed for almost a week and it has cured my chapped and peeling lips!

on 12/16/2010 7:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is simply the one single product I couldn't live without.
Nuxe Reve de Miel delivers long lasting hydration, more than any other lip balm I have ever tried. It melts into the skin exfoliating, plumping and moisturising in one. Given a few minutes to soak in it acts as a primer for lipstick, lip pencil and lip gloss.
I find that other products e.g. Vaseline, You Be, Keihls, may have an instant feel good hit but tend to be sticky and need re applying every half an hour or so. No good if you are out and about and if you want to wear lip colour. Nuxe keeps my lips well hydrated and comfortable for several hours at a time. I highly recommend it.

on 8/15/2010 12:12:00 PM