November 22, 2014 | 1656 users online

Concealers - Estee Lauder - Double Wear Stay-in-Place Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 11:34:00 AM More reviews by annqay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a concealer to cover not only my midnight dark under eye circles but also those annoying pimples that keep coming along from time to time. It was always the same problem: either the concealer concealed the spots but was unwearable on my eyes (too drying, wrong colouring) or it worked moderately on the eyes but my spots shone more than ever. With this concealer all my problems are solved. It still is not perfect for my under eye area (I have to assume that those shadows can only be concealed by too much photoshop) but it works better than any other concealer/make up I've met so far.
For reference: I am quite fair skinned and I use no.1 which seemed too fair at first but it blends in well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 11:13:00 PM More reviews by eoconnor9484

I have been using this concealer for about 8 years now, so I obviously love it. I use it all around my eyes, both as a concealer and as an eyeshadow primer. What I like about it is that it's quite heavy coverage (enough for intense genetic undereye circles like mine) but not a cream-based formula, so it can cover my circles all day. I do not like to use creamy concealers b/c I find setting them with powder makes the color and consistency look funky, and this is a good heavy coverage alternative.

However, I *have* had to change my makeup routine to make the concealer work. I can't wear it without foundation or else it looks too dry and obvious, instead I blend foundation into the edges of the concealer. Sometimes the color doesn't look right and it makes me look sick, so I use it as a base and then layer on a little bit of salmon cream-based concealer just in the darkest parts of my undereye circles.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2011 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Platosfriend

I am definitely a concealoholic. I have to try anything, be it low end or high end. I bought this cos of all the hype. I'm not crazy about it. But this is how I use it and any other long wear concealer (like MAC pro longwear). I think this type of concealers look very bad on bare skin. So, I moisturize, then I use a very creamy concealer and then I set that concealer with the longwear concealer. This way it prevents it from being cakey and it sets the creamy one (I hate using powder to set my concealer). My tips would be: don't use to much of either the creamy concealer nor the longwear one. And if you wanna reapply during the day, take the creamy one with you. Reapplying long wear concealer only makes it look bad and cakey. Just take the creamy one and dab it on the inner corners of your eye, rather then taking it all the way till the outer corner, this way it won't emphasize your lines. It's an ok concealer but for what it does, I prefer the MAC one, though that one also has it's faults. Packaging is whatever and obviously unhygienic, I don't wanna keep recirculating bacterias on my concealer and eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Nina96

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this a couple of years ago and although I really like estee lauder products I felt this was a real disappointment.

I think its far too dry for anyone with skin that can be on the dry side.. uncomfortably so.

I also didn't think the colour was great - unfortunately they don't have a great range and it looked quite orangey on me.

Finally, honestly the coverage wasn't that good on me. I have very dark circles so this is the case with most concealers out there. I need something thick/ and or doesnt make my under eyes look more grey. So I wouldn't use this again.

I have read that the applicator could be improved, perhaps if i'd used it with a brush and then built it up it may have worked better. So i would say its not a good product if you have very dark circles and dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I agree with everything good has been written about this concelear. It is long lasting, it doesnít crease, it covers dark circles under my eyes decently without enhancing wrinkles/lines and it is also a very good base on the lids for my eye shadows. The colour range is also very natural and flattering. So far, so good.
The only complain I have is the package with the foam tip cap. This is not only unhygienic but also very complex to use. If you use the foam tip directly on the area, you canít see how much you apply and you also need your finger to spread it around your eyes. And this becomes difficult as soon as you have to apply it in small areas like the inner corner of the eyes. So you are supposed to use an extra concealer brush and of course clean it before and afterward. This can be ok for professional makeup artists or for lucky ladies with plenty of time and room but not for working women on the go, for globetrotter on the plane or in airport bathrooms and for mothers of toddlers/young children with not understanding for mommyís beauty routine. And the irony is, that especially these women need a concealer more than every thing else. I would wish that packaging designers would consider this aspect and maybe design a handy tube or a pen with a tiny flat brush attached.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by normy_normz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail concealer. I have gone through god knows how many of these and I cant live without it in my makeup bag. For acne and discolouration this concealer is perfect. I find that no matter how big bad and ugly the breakout this concealer will cover it! I find that I even use this with a foundation brush to stipple it into the skin to cover up the large areas of scarring. The only problem I have that stops this from being a 5 is that the colour isnt perfect for me but I am still able to work with it.... that being said I have ALWAYS had probelms finding a good colour as I am usually paler than the palest offering. If this came in a lighter colour it would be without a doubt a 5.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have very dry under eyes and this is one of the better concealers for my under eyes. it doesn't accentuate the dry skin around my eyes, i use shade #1 - it covers dark circles pretty well & brightens the eye area and it's easy to blend. this shade a tad lighter than my skin so i don't use it to cover brown spots... i use #2 to to that - which is tad darker than my skin. this concealer has thin consistency, which i prefer & it does it's job well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2011 12:28:00 PM More reviews by beccydreena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got a great mini version of this concealer free with a foundation and have been using it for a few months now. I have shade 02 Light Medium, which is definitely a little too dark for me but still blends in rather well as long as I dont over do it.

I have to say I don't normally hold much stock in concealer, I've never found one that I actually find has done it's job particularly well (usually too light/too thin/too dark and leave me with obvious concealing patches which hide nothing) but this one is rather excellent.
The liquid is thick enough to actually conceal blemishes (and believe me this has come in handy recently thanks to my Clinique related break out).

I also use this around my eyes to even out and correct my tired and uneven tones in this area and it does a good job. Sometimes concealers in the under eye area just make me look older/worse if anything but this concealer doesnt.

The downside with this is of course the price, which is a little expensive for my pocket and why I gave this concealer a 4 not a 5, but I think if I continue to break out I wont be able to live without this once my sample runs out. So yes I think I will have to purchase another one of these to keep in my permanent collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wasn't a regular user of concealer until I noticed that while I really don't have dark circles, I always looked a little "tired" around the eyes. So when the EL counter I work at had an amazing deal on a kit with DoubleWear Light foundation and concealer with a foundation brush and the Spotlight Illuminating primer, I started using it.

I do agree this is a thick formulation, but as an SA for Lauder, there are a few "tricks" that can be used to thin it out to an consistency that's workable. You can add a drop of the Advanced Night Renewal or you can use the brand new Eye Illuminating Serum and mix a drop of that in, which is my peferred method. With the Eye Illuminating serum you get a touch of brightness along with excellent coverage of eye circles! I pat this gently around my entire eye area. This also helps with making eyeshadow wear longer, although I do use Urban Decay Primer Potion over it.

One tube of this will also last you a very long time as very little is needed. It runs $20 at EL counters nationwide.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by wonderdreamz

to make it short & simple i shall just list the pros and cons.

PROS:
-has spf.
-medium coverage
-last long

CONS:
-too drying for undereyes
-not enough color range
-looks orange sometimes
-Smells weird

would not buy