Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 2/21/2012 10:30:00 PM

I hate to be the minority here, but this just didn't work with my skin. The fragrance was great but strong, and after I soaped up and rinsed I just couldn't feel clean. It also clogged up my razor quite a bit. Back to Ivory.

on 2/13/2012 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love the feeling it gives me after each use. I've only one bar, but after that I found my skin softer and my pimples a bit less than it was before.

I'd really recommend this. :)

on 2/11/2012 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have undying love for the white dove beauty bar...this multi-tasking, money saving, wonder of a product beats all other cleansing products, as far as I'm concerned.
I love the scent of the regular white bar, and use it for my face, body, and feminine areas with no irritation, good leftovers-from-makeup-remover removal, and not the typical tight, squeaky feeling regular body and face cleansers usually leave me with. Some body washes feel like they aren't drying me out, but I find my skin itching and drying days later...not so with Dove!
If you read any of my reviews I'm always saying I have had to REALLY cut back on my beauty budget/routine so this beauty bar has been a lifesaver. Amazing for shaving, too! Super close, smooth shave...no nicks or tight skin after!
It's not as cheap as some soaps, but I couldn't use those on my face or delicate areas! So the slightly higher price is definitely worth it. Two bars of this are a quarter of the price of the cheapest face wash I used to use and works just as well. I make sure to keep my bar dry and out of direct contact with the shower spray with a good ventilated soap holder like another suggested...it lasts for a very long time.
The lather is good and rich, and cleanses really well IMO. I always smell great!

This is a review for the Dove beauty bar Sensitive skin.

Best cleanser I've used so far. Been using it for 3 years now and I'm not the type to be loyal to one product.
I haven had a breakout for 3 years as well. Only the rare pimple during finals or so.
Very inexpensive compared to other cleansers.

I also like that it's fragrance free, I like my perfumes to not be contaminated.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I've been using this since I was probably a baby--everyone in my family uses this. It really is different from your normal bar of soap because it's very, very moisturizing. Sometimes I can even skip putting my lotion after this. It's also very mild that when I run out of my facial wash, I use this to wash my face and it's feels very soft and supple afterwards. And time and time again, I always go back to this soap whenever I get allergic to a bath gel or wash I'm currently using, or if I want something that'll really moisturize my skin. Love this product and will continue to use it.

on 2/7/2012 11:17:00 AM

I've been using Dove beauty bars for as long as I can remember. This is the perfect soap to wash your face & body with. This is gentle on skin (especially sensitive) & doesn't leave any residue. I love this & I would never trust anything else on my skin. This is really cheap too & the soap bars last me a long time. People always ask me what products I use on my skin because my skin always looks great, & all I say is Dove & they're shocked. Who ever thought something so cheap & simple that you can get at any drugstore, would be so amazing? That just shows you not to be too quick to judge. I will buy these forever.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The classic (white - floral powdery scent) & cool moisture (green - cucumber & green tea scent) are my favorites. I tried all sorts of soaps & body washes from drugstore to higher end, and I keep going back to this. I always have a small stockpile in my bathroom cabinet . I use this to wash my face & body; for my face I use this after I've removed makeup with a cream makeup remover (I double cleanse), and for my body I just use it like a body wash. I find it a little too dry to shave with, but other than that it's a great cleanser that doesn't leave me feeling dry and tight. My skin seems to clear up if I use this consistently, too. I agree with previous comments that sometimes, simple is better, and this is a case where indeed a very simple product delivers good results. Non irritating, non drying and creamy, all the dove bars perform far better than some higher end soaps I've tried. If you buy a big pack on special or at costco, they're fantastically cheap, too. Being a beauty junkie, I keep trying other things, but I will continue to have a bar out in rotation. A word of warning: this is a very soft soap, so you should put it in a good soap dish that will keep the soap nice and dry after you use it.

on 2/7/2012 10:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this for shaving my legs. It's better than any shaving cream I've tried and my skin is always soft and smooth with no irritation. If I ever ran out of handmade soaps and such I would use this as a body wash also- and sometimes I do when I feel like it. I love this soap and always have since I was little. It smells fresh and clean, leaves you feeling nice and soft, and works well.

on 2/7/2012 10:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I've only used the original Dove Beauty Bar for a day now. Well, actually, I've shaved my legs and other sensitive areas with Dove and I'm satisfied with how baby soft my skin felt after moisturising with a light lotion. True to my cheapskate tendencies (LOL! :-p), I've decided to try it as a facial cleanser. I feel like an oil slick (South African summers are sweltering!) It has, however, made my skin smooth and pores less noticeable. I'll have to use it for a longer period to determine how effective this soap really is as a facial cleanser.
UPDATE: I found this soap was too moisturising for daily use on my face. Although it didn't break me out, my face was an oil slick one hour after cleansing.
I'll have to find another gentle cleanser. Boo-hoo!

FURTHER UPDATE: This incredible beauty bar has been a skin saver - a very inexpensive skin saver!
I've recently been prescribed Yaz birth control to quell my raging hormonal acne and my face gradually became less oily. My usual 'harsher' cleansers and gel moisturisers just didn't cut it any longer.
Dove Beauty Bar provides the perfect amount of cleansing power and moisture my skin needs.
I'll never be without this wonder bar!

Just bought this yesterday cause of the rave reviews. I mean, come on.. 702 reviews and it still has a 4.4 lippie review? That's amazing. Anywho, I've used this 2 times so far, and already can I see a HUGE improvement of my skin.
On my nose: the clogged pore I unclogged on Wednesday had been red and very large. But not no more. It's shrunk in size to match the others and its no longer red. Also: my blackheads on my nose have been brought up a little to the surface so now I can feel them. I'm sure soon enough I'll be able to scrub them away off my nose for good. However, the ones on the side of my nose are still quite noticeable. My pores have shrunk incredibly.
My forehead: the large white bump between my eyebrows has reduced in size and is now almost gone. It's been there for 2 weeks or more. My acne marks have lightened just a little and the little ones from plucking my eyebrows have almost disappeared. But I still have the small raised red bumps speckled about there.
My cheeks: I don't have bad cheeks at all, never any pimples or bumps, but my pores are also smaller here as on my nose.
Rest of my face: my upper lip still has blackheads, and scars. But looks better than before the Dove. My chin has a few pimples but scars are fading slowly.
The only con with the Dove Beauty Bar (i use original), is that it can be drying. My cheeks and upper lip get quite dry, nothing that can't be fixed with some good moisturizer tho! The bar is also quite cheap. I got 2 bars for $2.99 at Shoppers for sale price. Over all, I'm really happy with the results and will continue using the bar. Instead of 4, I'd rather give it a 4.5.