April 17, 2014 | 1981 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Sanzibar

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love this soap. I replaced my liquid body wash with Dove bar soap over a year ago and I'll never go back. I use it for my face and body. My skin is left feeling clean but never dry & tight. It lathers well and it just feels good on my skin. I've tried several versions of Dove just because I like the variety. I've found them all to work well and the scents are pleasant without being overpowering. I prefer the sensitive skin version for my face and most often use the white beauty bar for my body. It's very affordable and easily found in many stores. You can buy it for as little as $1 / bar when it's on sale. It's a simple & effective staple in my daily routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 7:17:00 PM More reviews by tightkitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Perfect, perfect for acne prone skin. I thought I would break out like crazy when my derm recommended me to wash with this if I feel dry/irritated from my acne regimen. My dermatologist recommended the sensitive skin bar. I have Never ever EVER been able to use bar soap on my face, and most cleansers are way too drying for me. I've been using the Dove white bar for a while now on my acne-prone skin, and it is great. I use a makeup remover wipe first mostly for my eye makeup,then wash with this and I don't need much it lathers a lot,pat dry. Dove removes my makeup without over drying or irritating. Just be sure to rinse it completely off and I keep splashing water on my face and my face loves it. So many things break me out esp SOAP this doesn't somehow it calms everything down. For the few people that broke out from this I am wondering if they did not remove all of the soap and it left a residue or if they used the scented one and it did not agree with them.

My son has psoriasis and this is the only soap that is non irritating for him that he uses also. I always grab the little sample bars from his pediatricians' office since they are so cute and in case of an emergency or backup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

No fancy gift baskets of soaps and body washes for me, thank you. This little product has been all that I've ever needed. It leaves my skin clean, soft and moisturized. It leaves no residue and my skin does not feel tight after use. The scent does not compete with any of my perfumes. My dry skin could not live without this. Oh, and yes, I've even used it on my face in a pinch. I bet I could use it on my face daily and be very happy with the results, but I'm just as loyal to my face wash as I am to this little gem. Dove Beauty Bar is the one product that I absolutely can't live without.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2011 2:25:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I cannot believe so many people find tis bar suitable as a face and body cleanser. I used this as a teenager when it first come out in my country (I was 13-14 years old) and it made my acne-prone skin at that time so much worse. I won't use it on my body, since I don't like Dove lotions anyway and I never wash my body with soap bars. I can only imagine repurchasing this as a hand soap. Although I don't even like it as a hand soap since it leaves nasty film on the palms of my hands. Brr

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by MyGainYourGloss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dove soap will never let you down. Infact is not even soap, its a moisturizing bar (1/4 moisturizer) so it leaves dry and flakey skin smooth and non-irratated! It cleans your skin fabulous and even takes off the most stubborn make-up. On the other hand... The Dove company is destroying rain forests; seeking the moisturizing ingredient "palm oil", in turn leaving 3rd world countries in the dust. Besides the high quality, well trusted soap, people are dying and rainforests are being ravenged. Please buy in moderation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by JenPhil1313

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

From the time I was about 12 until about my early 20's, the Dove white beauty bar was all that I used as a cleanser for my face and body. And I never had any issues with it (my skin was never dry or irritated or broken out) and I have sensitive skin. Then when I got into my 20's I started reading more about skin care and everyone seemed to advise against using bar soap- bar soap being more drying than creamier cleansers. So I rotated through so many other cleansers until I finally decided to come back to this. This is the one cleanser that consistently meets all of my criteria for a nice body cleanser- it smells nice, doesn't irritate my skin, makes me feel clean (but not dry). I don't usually use this on my face as I prefer to pamper my face a little more with a liquid cleanser but on occassional lazy days I will also wash my face with this. And when I go away on my vacation, the Dove bar is all I bring for both face and body (saves space and I don't have to worry about my face wash spilling). I'll be sticking with my good old-fashioned Dove for now. It works for me.

*UPDATE: I have been using the unscented version for sensitive skin these past few months and that one is a definite 5 stars!! It somehow leaves me feeling even cleaner and softer than the regular white bar.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 7:53:00 PM More reviews by kar120c

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My all time favorite soap. I love everything about it. The scent, the shape, the texture, the creaminess, the moisturizine capability. An all around perfect soap.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by PrettyGirlBabyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Haha i literally can not get enough of this!!!
I really love how they are all individual boxed.
I just bought a bulk pack of 48 for like $40 which i find pretty good, in Australia i think they like $5 for 2.
Anyway they make my skin feel soft and clean.
i think everyone should buy Dove Beauty Bars you will absolutely lovee it.

=)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 5:37:00 PM More reviews by sinkin2heart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The only bar soap (or any product, for that matter) that I use to wash my body.
My skin is extremely sensitive, as I have eczema, but this soap hasn't irritated it in the slightest. I also don't get that overly dry feeling I usually get from other soaps.
There's not really much more that I can say to sum up how much I love this soap. I have and will continue to use and recommend it.

Edit: While I was in Europe recently, I used this as a multipurpose product (face/body soap & for shaving). It did a fairly good job for my face and I didn't break out from it, and as far as shaving went, it did a decent job, but the hard water (literally mountain water, people!) made it hard for the soap to lather well enough to stay on my legs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 1:28:00 PM More reviews by summerrain1994

I went camping for 3 nights this summer and wanted to downsize my beauty products to fit nicely into a small bag. This was one of my staple products that I used every single day I was camping. I used it for both my face and my body.
I was wary at first too try it because I have acne-prone skin that is just beginning to clear up as I outgrow teenage acne. However, this soap really helped to cleanse my skin and leave in smooth, clean and acne-free. It didn't leave my skin feeling "squeaky" (which I HATE); it was also good because I didn't need to use a body lotion as it was moisturizing enough for the trip. Isn't not the best eye make-up remover but for light powder and blush it took it all off.
I still, of course, have most of the bar left and I plan to repurchase once my regular face wash and bar soap run out. I think this is a great multi-purpose product and it's dirt cheap. I got the white bar at Dollarama but you can buy value packs for seven or eight bucks.