October 24, 2014 | 1449 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Rimmel - Gentle Eye Make Up Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2008 2:46:00 PM More reviews by Dinahout

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

With sensitive eyes and allergies, this has been the only eye makeup remover that I can use and it's been my HG for years. Most removers would break me out in a rash around my sensitive eye area, especially the dual-phased type. I have no negative things to say about it. It feels like water, leaves no residue whatsoever, it doesn't sting my eyes and it's super cheap. I love how it removes everything, including waterproof mascara and eyeliner. I just saturate a cotton pad, hold it on my eye for a couple of seconds and gently wipe off. I always rinse my eyes after using.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/7/2008 5:15:00 AM More reviews by bwonggg

I got this on sale at my local drugstore. there aren't many to choose from in drugstores, so i decided to try it out. it is not irritating, and removes eyemakeup when you rub it to a certain extent. the formula isn't too strong. it takes too long to get rid of everything on your eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Lveangel86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Because I live in South Florida, where its very humid all year round, I wear waterproof mascara everyday. This product has been the best at removing my waterproof mascara and eye makeup without stinging and without using too many cotton balls. On top of doing a great job at what its suppose to do, its dead cheap.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 7:29:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

This works okay, but I've used much better eye makeup removers. It's hard to control how much goes on the cotton, and if I use too much, it ends up stinging my eyes. I also use it before bed and always seem to find more mascara under my eyes in the morning. I don't use waterproof mascara, but I'm assuming this wouldn't work well at all if I did.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2008 12:02:00 AM More reviews by devildogtess

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried high end and drug store eye-make up removers and this one is by far the best value. It has no fragrance, is gentle and thoroughly removes all my mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by noodlepie

This is both the best and cheapest eye make up remover I have ever purchased (don't you love when they end up being the same?!!) It is the only one I've tried that does not sting, burn or irritate my eyes at all, which is very impressive considering that I am a contact lens wearer with very sensitive eyes. It has no discernable smell, and is not oily or greasy at all. It gets off every bit of eye makeup without much rubbing - but I should say that I don't use waterproof formulas, so that may make a difference for some people. The packaging is nothing special but is quite good; I like the flip cap with small hole for dispensing just the right amount of product, and it has not leaked even though I often throw it in a bag on its side. I picked this up on sale for under $5!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have to disagree with the reviewer(s) below me. This stuff STINGS my poor eyeballs. Also lost a few lashes trying to get my non-waterproof mascara off : / Not a good thing.
You need to use quite a bit of product to get all your make up off, and even then I always still have a lot of smudgy left overs in the morning.
It doesn't leave any residue, which is why I gave it an extra lippie.
Maybe I'm just used to my super amazing Annabelle removers, but this stuff is not even worth the $5.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/25/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by tahkneeah

I Personally hate this makeup remover. It is horrible IMO. It doesn't remove every last bit of make up, which is a crucial factor for me because I hate that grimey feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Bahagirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Freebie from the same friend @ L'oreal;-) Wow What a a surprise. Every last bit of eyemake up came off, no stinging, no funny residue- just off, Works so well i actually use it as an allover make up remover. Will be buying more when this runs out. I won't waste my money on anything else

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by muffinphonic

It was a pretty average make up remover for me personally. I liked the fact it was water based, but it wasnt so good for waterproof mascara. I ended buying a Boots (uk shop) own brand eye make up remover which was half of the Rimmel one's price and it worked so much better.