MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 4/19/2010 11:34:00 PM

Amazing, and a must have.

on 4/19/2010 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

One of the MAC eyebrushes I think really lives up to the hype. I Have a lot of cheap "dupes" (kashuk, ecotools, art brushes, sigma) but none really compare. Cheaper dupes tend to be to wide or thick, not as firm, etc. but this one gives just the right amount of control. Planning to buy another one, and I don't usually do that.

on 4/18/2010 7:54:00 PM

This is hands down my favorite brush. Its great for packing on lid color and if used the right way its a perfect way to do the outer V without getting any harsh lines. If you use the tip with a light hand you can use to to apply eyeshadow to your lower lashes. I like it better than my 217 and 219 (still love them both but not as much as my 239 which I plan to buy another of). I love this brush.

on 4/18/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I'm going to buy another one again, and it's just nice to have an extra in case if I ever lose it. Great for applying precise color where you need it. Great brush!

on 4/14/2010 9:25:00 AM

This my daily routine brush, def a must have. First of all this brush is not for blending, and is not a pencil brush either. It works for applying eye shadow and you can use it for light coverage and intense. it is also very precise for eye corner. After one year my brush has no hair sticking aside, it is perfect as it was new. I use MAC brush cleanser. But if you want a blending brush, check for something else.

on 4/11/2010 11:29:00 PM

YOU WILL NEED AT LEAST 2 OF THESE ONCE YOU TRY ONE!!! I PROMISE YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!!

A reviewer stated below that she was weary of the "talk" about the 239 PICKING UP and PACKING ON so much color....Well, guess what..... IT DOES!

I too, was weary for so many years!
I would just pass on the brushes and went straight to the blushes and eye shadows.

Well, I caved once and bought this one and the 217 and I have never looked back!!

Its perfect for my lid. Its "not too big or small"...ITS JUST RIGHT!
Its been so easy and effortless to apply my shadow.

This and the 217 will help anyone apply you color like a pro!This really does pack on the color to my lid and up into my crease and then blend out with the 217.

Those 2 brushes(239 and 217) are the essentials.

A new makeup user really only "needs" those 2 brushes.

But, once your hooked your going to want more. Its a wonderful and fun addiction!

Now do "not worry" bout the "white goat hair"...it cleans up perfectly with "baby shampoo"....even after many many days of Carbon and Beauty Marked eye shadow usage!!!!

For best results,I wash my brushes a max 2 times a week and then hang them upside down to dry,

This is firm and soft all at once! That allows for the major amount of eye shadow it picks up.......and with only "one swipe" ;)

The feel of these in you hands feel like quality!
These are built to last....and they will for well over 10 if taken care of correctly.

The wood will not rot and the ferule will never rust with proper care!

I know its pricey....$23.00 is a lot.

But, save yourself some money out of each paycheck and buy yourself 1 a month.

Stop buying extra unnecessary makeup(from any named brand) for the next few weeks....and then go buy yourself 1. We deserve a treat every now and then. I'd start with the 217, since it can apply anywhere and blends out the shadow expertly.

Hey, my hubby, family members, and every man on our block.... have to have their beloved CRAFTSMAN TOOLS, right?

Well, this is OUR TOOLS.....they LAST AS LONG TOO!!!! ACTUALLY LONGER! So, there ya go! Yay!

Also, this is just some little info..... Use a clear coat of nail polish over the name and numbers....and they will not fade off! Yay!

on 4/5/2010 8:04:00 PM

After working with this brush and the 219, they are both going back.

I found it very difficult to apply color with this brush. I have to swipe the color several times and by that time, it's too thick and impossible to blend.

I have small brushes from il makiage which apply shadow in a second.

I did buy YSL eyeshadow brush #3, they have a pencil brush too. And the #3 took a little while to get use to, but it picks up much more color that the 239, and blends better. You can also do a V with the YSL #3 because the tip is flat.

Very dissappointed in this brush and the 219

on 4/3/2010 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So I received my brush from a swap today. This is for the se brush. I compared it to a regular Wal Mart brush. I thought that the whole saying where it picks up alot of color is just a marketing saying. I have proof that this is very true. It does pick up more color than a regular cheap brush. If you were to want less color I would advise swirling the brush on your hand first.

on 4/2/2010 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is definitely my HG (holy grail, as I just learned today :) brush! I literally use it every day to apply eyeshadow on my lower lid. It definitely "packs on" color so if you like subtle make up this might not be for you. It's also great for the inner crease since its tapered at the end.

on 3/30/2010 1:32:00 PM

This brush is absolutely perfect or packing eyeshadow all over your eyelid. This is my fifth mac brush and I want to kick myself for not getting it earlier. It's perfect. I would highly recommend this!

Popular Makeup Brushes