December 22, 2014 | 1177 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pretty color for someone who def doesn't like to wear makeup. if youare a beginner, this is def the color and product for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by notfalling028

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Probably the most natural-looking blush I have found so far for someone with light and cool-toned complexion, like blondes and light brunettes. It has no shimmer, adds a very subtle hint of colour, however when I tan a little it becomes completely unnoticeable on my skin and I turn to Sugarbomb or La Bamba (both shimmery though). Not crazy about the packaging, I'd prefer it to be a flip-on one with a magnet. All Benefit blush boxes are a good size to use with a big soft brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by cupcakeofmylife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's such a gorgeous blush!!! i never thought i'd wear a cool-toned light pink colour on my cheeks ever until i went to a benefit counter and the mua trie it on me and i instantly fell in love!!
i bought this blush the next week.
it smells so lovely in the pan (i find myself sniffing it all the time), floral-y sweet scent :)
it also comes with a densely bristled brush.

I am NC30ish and this isn't too light to show up in my skin. Take a densely bristled brush like the one included with the blush or MAC's 109 contour brush or Sigma F05. I use my MAC 109 and it works so well (just two taps from the pan then buff it in real good).

It has shimmer but really subtle and isn't actually visible when applied and gives a really, really natural effect.

I don't recommend using this as a blush for skintones darker than mine though.

ONE OTHER THING!
you can use it for brightening face powder as well (duh, it's what benefit said), so it really brightens up ur dull skin and i find it really useful since yellow asian complexion can look dull very, very easily :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 1:05:00 PM More reviews by juliayunjie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first blush that I used up, literally an empty box. I love it, instant fresh my complexion. Going to buy another one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 12:24:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So pretty. I bought this as a skin brightening product (in fact, was surprised so many people have reviewed and are not happy with it as a blush - I have never had it described to me as a blush!) and i am really pleased with it.
When applied with a light hand it works as a pretty pink tone to my fairly cool toned skin. My skin is pale enough that I can use it as a blusher as well, so I do when I want to have a natural look, or don't want my cheeks to be fighting with my eyes!
I have one of the older boxes that isn't hinged, but I don't think I would take this out anyway. I really like it.
I dislike the price. I think Benefit blushers (in particular) are really overpriced. This one I bought cheaply though.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Delightfullymadeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've got porcelain skin and it didn't even show up for me. I'm lighter than an nw15/nc15 and I still have to swipe my brush about three times across the palette before I notice any colour on my cheeks. I do like the colour whilst it's on, but it doesn't last a long time and the consistency is chalky.

The box is cute but with the inclusion of the utterly useless brush it means it's much more bulky than what it needs to be. Whilst you get quite a bit of product, the amount you have to use to get it to show up on your skin means it's not very economical.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by rorygils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an olive/tan skintone and this blush does show on my skin but I have to swipe on about 3-4 times on my cheek. I don't really mind doing that because it's much easier because you can control how much color you want rather than having a very pigminted blush. Otherwise, the color is pinky with a hint of coral undertone, not really shimmery eventhough that's what you see in the package. It just gives a healthy glow on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by yorkiemomma

Pretty light pink blush. I've gone through two of them, but have to admit there's nothing special about the color or anything. The box is very pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, but as I'm going to be purchasing this yet again, I figured it was about time. This will be my third purchase of Dandelion and while it is relatively expensive for a blush at USD 28, it's one that I come back to again and again. I'm rather fair and don't go for a heavily made up look, but try for something at the natural end of the spectrum. I just want something to give a bit of color so I don't look dead or washed out. And Dandelion is perfect. It's just a sheer cotton candy-ish pink flush with a slight bit of shimmer. Not shiny and not sparkly. If you want something dramatic, this is probably not for you. Or it might be better used as a highlighter. I always use it as a blush since I'm pale enough that it shows up well on my skin. One caveat is that if you have very dry skin, it can look a bit dry. But then, it is a powder.

Yes, the brush is cute but useless. Yes, the container is cute and somewhat eco-friendly, being mostly recyclable cardboard, but bulky for travel. And yes, the square packaging in a deep-ish box makes it hard to get the last bits out of the corners. But I do feel that for the price, you get a rather generous amount; it takes a while to hit pan. I rotate this with a couple other blushes and it takes me about 2-3 years to get through a box of this stuff. What can I say. I love it.
EDIT: Just popped in to revise what I said about the amount of product for the price. I hadn't repurchased in a couple years and was surprised to find that the price went up while the amount of product was cut by nearly 1/3. New box has 7 grams; old box 10 grams. Colour me disappointed. (Almost enough to take off a lippie!) I'd rather they didn't bother putting a mirror in the lid and ditch the useless brush and just give me my 3 grams of product back. C'mon Benefit. This is already one of your more expensive blushes, now even more so.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sometimes the hype produced by MUA'ers over a certain product is spot-on, other times not so much. This is one of those not so much times for me.

Beautiful color but the high-end, snobby, brush that comes with it it pretty well useless at picking up the product. No wonder this product "lasts forever". You can hardly get anything on the brush. Do yourself a favor - get a regular blush brush for this & let your dog eat the brush - handle & all like mine did! Uggh!!! :-(

I've put this item up for swap after only 5 uses & $28.00 later. So not worth the $$ or the hype. Well at least my dog liked the brush!! :-)