November 26, 2014 | 948 users online

Blush - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dandelion

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by rorygils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an olive/tan skintone and this blush does show on my skin but I have to swipe on about 3-4 times on my cheek. I don't really mind doing that because it's much easier because you can control how much color you want rather than having a very pigminted blush. Otherwise, the color is pinky with a hint of coral undertone, not really shimmery eventhough that's what you see in the package. It just gives a healthy glow on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by yorkiemomma

Pretty light pink blush. I've gone through two of them, but have to admit there's nothing special about the color or anything. The box is very pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 4:35:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, but as I'm going to be purchasing this yet again, I figured it was about time. This will be my third purchase of Dandelion and while it is relatively expensive for a blush at USD 28, it's one that I come back to again and again. I'm rather fair and don't go for a heavily made up look, but try for something at the natural end of the spectrum. I just want something to give a bit of color so I don't look dead or washed out. And Dandelion is perfect. It's just a sheer cotton candy-ish pink flush with a slight bit of shimmer. Not shiny and not sparkly. If you want something dramatic, this is probably not for you. Or it might be better used as a highlighter. I always use it as a blush since I'm pale enough that it shows up well on my skin. One caveat is that if you have very dry skin, it can look a bit dry. But then, it is a powder.

Yes, the brush is cute but useless. Yes, the container is cute and somewhat eco-friendly, being mostly recyclable cardboard, but bulky for travel. And yes, the square packaging in a deep-ish box makes it hard to get the last bits out of the corners. But I do feel that for the price, you get a rather generous amount; it takes a while to hit pan. I rotate this with a couple other blushes and it takes me about 2-3 years to get through a box of this stuff. What can I say. I love it.
EDIT: Just popped in to revise what I said about the amount of product for the price. I hadn't repurchased in a couple years and was surprised to find that the price went up while the amount of product was cut by nearly 1/3. New box has 7 grams; old box 10 grams. Colour me disappointed. (Almost enough to take off a lippie!) I'd rather they didn't bother putting a mirror in the lid and ditch the useless brush and just give me my 3 grams of product back. C'mon Benefit. This is already one of your more expensive blushes, now even more so.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/6/2012 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Snuggles555

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sometimes the hype produced by MUA'ers over a certain product is spot-on, other times not so much. This is one of those not so much times for me.

Beautiful color but the high-end, snobby, brush that comes with it it pretty well useless at picking up the product. No wonder this product "lasts forever". You can hardly get anything on the brush. Do yourself a favor - get a regular blush brush for this & let your dog eat the brush - handle & all like mine did! Uggh!!! :-(

I've put this item up for swap after only 5 uses & $28.00 later. So not worth the $$ or the hype. Well at least my dog liked the brush!! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 6:22:00 PM More reviews by stephanieee

i've had this blush forever and i used to use it all the time. then, for reasons unknown, i stopped using it for probably 3 years. the other day i was cleaning out old makeup and found this bad boy. i tried it out again it's perfectttt! i'm an nw/nc 15-20 so wearing blush is extra tricky and often results in looking sunburnt. dandelion is perfect for my skintone and i'm so happy i've rekindled the flame. i would say it's between a light pink and a peach with very subtle shimmer. it blends out very nicely and doesn't look fake on my alabaster skin. i've heard darker skintones will use dandelion as a highlighter and i'm sure it's very pretty like that also. i kind of love and hate benefit because their packaging is so cute but so impractical. i believe they've started making the blush containers a bit different though so hopefully they're more sturdy. i believe i paid $28 for this when i got it which seems like a lot, but i still have a ton of product left. overall great blush for us super pale ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:59:00 PM More reviews by n3worl34ns

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When it comes to the actual product, this is one of my favorite blushes!! I am still in love with the color which is a light, soft, baby pink, with mauve and a light golden sheen. Although it looks powdery it doesn't once it is on my skin and its my favorite for winter when my skin is beyond pale. So easy to swipe on two layers and instantly brighten the face and in my opinion looks as good as it can on my face at least lol..
But like other say I am glad I recieved this in the 500 point perk because it's really overpriced and only 5 gs i think... not that much. And the packaging is soooo damn cute! Except also annoying because if the lid closes wrong it will stab the blush and break it. (happened to me)
Mauvey pink blushes are getting more popular like nars released one so I might try out a different brand before buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Scottishglow

Firstly the packaging of this product is brilliant, nice addition to any make up bag.
However, it is far too expensive for what it is.
A very strange colour looks nice I'm the box but is so light on the face it is almost non existent! I have to put alot on! Purchased recently so will use until its finished, wouldn't re-buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by stephieah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this because it just gives a faint color to my cheeks. I'm quite fair so it's still noticeable, but not super pigmented that I'd end up looking weird if I swiped it more than I usually do.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by cgw1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of my first blushes. I'm very fair, and this barely shows up on me, but it does give me a nice pinky glow. This is why I don't use this as a blush on it's own. It needs something to spice it up. I wear BB bronzer in light (or Benefit Hoola), layer Dandelion on top, and ad BB pale pink on the apples of my cheeks. This is a great summer look. Packaging sucks, the brush is worthless, but the color is very pretty for fair skinned girls. Not a must-have for me though. I've since found other pinks that standout more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 12:15:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I would always be tempted by how cute BeneFit's Boxed Powders looked while browsing Sephora, but I don't particularly like BeneFit products as a whole so I never made a purchase. I received 'Dandelion' for my 500 point perk, and to sum it up, I'm glad that I didn't buy it.

The color is like a light mauvey-pink with subtle shimmer. Being an NC42, it was pretty obvious that this product could not be used as a blush for me, but I figured that I could either use it as highlighter or use it in my professional kit on my fair skinned clients. WRONG.

On myself, it's too dark for highlighter and too light for blush. So I tried using this on my friend who is SUPER pale and it still left something to be desired. I mean it packed a better punch than bare cheeks, don't get me wrong, but she definitely could have benefited from something a bit deeper and healthier looking. The only possibly use that I can think of for 'Dandelion' is dusting it all over the face after makeup for a subtle glow. But I could never justify paying $40 just to do that when I could simply mix liquid luminizer into my foundation or use my regular highlighter. Unless you're literally an albino, 'Dandelion' is pretty much pointless.

And just to comment on the boxed powders as a whole; They look very enticing and adorable, but don't be fooled. When you open the box it's only about 1/4 full of actual product -_- And it contains a useless flat brush that makes you feel like you're scraping your face with a broom. The texture of these powders is very chalky as well. I find it brushes right off of the skin quite easily.

This product just gives me another reason to dislike BeneFit products...Lol. Total miss for me (on the plus side it does have a lovely scent though).

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No