Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

on 1/18/2008 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the worst eyeliner I've used. First of all the construction is very flimsy. I bought 2 of these eyeliners in different colors and both the twisting part broke in less than 2 weeks. Second the eyeliner is soft, and the eyeliner breaks off really easily, chunks at a time. The color is also less pigmented than I expected given what I see in the pencil. Lastly, while the no sharpening sound great, in reality it's awful because you can't sharpen it. But it doesn't really matter because the thing breaks apart before you can finish using the pencil anyways.
I suggest trying regular pencil eyeliner Avon sells instead.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

my favorite eyeliners of all time! i have been using glimmersticks for about 5 years now and love them. they glide on easily, wear well, can be defined or smudged, and last forever. plus, they are always a good price... normally $6, but usually on sale for much less. i have had dozens of these and have never had a single one break or crumble or tug during application. just about the only eyeliner i wear anymore. blackest black and cosmic brown are staples in my makeup bag.

on 1/2/2008 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This eyeliner was awful. I have epicanthic eyelids (eyelids very common in East Asians), and this smeared and transfered within 4 hours of wear. Mind you, I was doing very little physical activity, and if this thing smudges and smears while one is sitting, I can only imagine what it would do on a warm day. I thought I could salvage this for costume makeup, so I tested it at home by giving myself an Egyptian eye. The same thing happened, so I think I'll just chuck this in the bin.

I got the "Blackest Black" color, which is more like grayish black. To get a color that can be worthy of "Blackest Black," you have to apply this thing pretty heavily. It tugs, too. Not recommended.

on 12/27/2007 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh, I am so disappointed with this product. I purchased Cosmic Brown and Majestic Plum for $2.95 CDN each. I originally had a tester for Saturn Grey as well. It is incredibly hard to get color on. It's not smooth at all and tugs my lid. Also, this transfers and creases like mad. No staying power at all. I didn't like the Rimmel kohl eyeliner but compared to Glimmersticks it is SOO much better. So hard to use this product. I would never buy it again. Terrible.

on 12/16/2007 4:31:00 PM

I'm really disappointed with these eyeliners. I have two - majestic plum and emerald. I've tried using them numerous times but I always end up unable to transfer much color to my eyelid. The color that does end up on my eyelid is very uneven. I've warmed them up on my hand or a near a light to soften them a bit but even then it doesn't work. For the price though it was definitely worth a try.

on 12/4/2007 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm on the fence about this one. I have the green one and though it has staying power, the pencil always drags on the eye and isn't as smooth as other pencils. However, it does have good staying power. It isn't as good as other retractable pencils for the same price so I wouldn't repurchase.

on 11/27/2007 2:08:00 PM

I got this eye liner free with an order so I never actually bought it in the first place and I won't buy it again. I must differ from the majority of MUA reviewers, it seems.
I do have a lot of trouble with eye liner - it never stays put on me. This product is like a propelling crayon. The colour I have is called "blackest black". It certainly looks black in the tube but when you put it on I find it more a wishy washy grey. It is easy to apply unless you want a really fine line which is virtually impossible because you can't sharpen the crayon and it's a rounded end. It doesn't go on in a nice dark line. It appears too waxy and doesn't seem to set. It also rubs off quite easily during the day. I know other reviewers claim this doesn't happen but I'm afraid on me it does.
I will stick to my Laura Mercier cake eye liner I think.

on 10/20/2007 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm quite fond of these eyeliners. They're inexpensive, easy to use, and don't smear. They used to make a bronze color (that they sadly discontinued) that I adored. Their black and green liners are also good colors. If you find the color too bright, it is easy to smudge with a cotton swab. And the eyeliner doesn't creep during the day.

on 10/15/2007 9:41:00 AM

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used - smooth, creamy and long lasting on my oily lids! I used a Dior eyeliner before this and it used to tug on my lids during application ALL the time. The only complaint I have about this product is its packaging, the ultra thin crayon broke after a few days and little pieces managed fall out of the tube and dirty my makeup case. Overall, this is a fragile but extremely good to use eyeliner!

on 10/13/2007 6:23:00 PM

I have this eyeliner in Deep Sea Blue and Cosmic Brown. This review is for Deep Sea Blue. It is brighter in person than on the website. I don't think it compliments my blue eyes as well as a deeper blue has. It goes on my crepey eyelids fine, and lasts into the evening with primer. I will buy this eyeliner again but not in this color.