January 30, 2015 | 1840 users online

Eyeliner - Avon - Glimmersticks eye liner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 7:14:00 AM More reviews by Jolly_C

This eyeliner was awful. I have epicanthic eyelids (eyelids very common in East Asians), and this smeared and transfered within 4 hours of wear. Mind you, I was doing very little physical activity, and if this thing smudges and smears while one is sitting, I can only imagine what it would do on a warm day. I thought I could salvage this for costume makeup, so I tested it at home by giving myself an Egyptian eye. The same thing happened, so I think I'll just chuck this in the bin.

I got the "Blackest Black" color, which is more like grayish black. To get a color that can be worthy of "Blackest Black," you have to apply this thing pretty heavily. It tugs, too. Not recommended.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 1:30:00 PM More reviews by captormoonlu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Oh, I am so disappointed with this product. I purchased Cosmic Brown and Majestic Plum for $2.95 CDN each. I originally had a tester for Saturn Grey as well. It is incredibly hard to get color on. It's not smooth at all and tugs my lid. Also, this transfers and creases like mad. No staying power at all. I didn't like the Rimmel kohl eyeliner but compared to Glimmersticks it is SOO much better. So hard to use this product. I would never buy it again. Terrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2007 4:31:00 PM More reviews by cranberry7

I'm really disappointed with these eyeliners. I have two - majestic plum and emerald. I've tried using them numerous times but I always end up unable to transfer much color to my eyelid. The color that does end up on my eyelid is very uneven. I've warmed them up on my hand or a near a light to soften them a bit but even then it doesn't work. For the price though it was definitely worth a try.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by sadendingsong

I'm on the fence about this one. I have the green one and though it has staying power, the pencil always drags on the eye and isn't as smooth as other pencils. However, it does have good staying power. It isn't as good as other retractable pencils for the same price so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 2:08:00 PM More reviews by JClarke

I got this eye liner free with an order so I never actually bought it in the first place and I won't buy it again. I must differ from the majority of MUA reviewers, it seems.
I do have a lot of trouble with eye liner - it never stays put on me. This product is like a propelling crayon. The colour I have is called "blackest black". It certainly looks black in the tube but when you put it on I find it more a wishy washy grey. It is easy to apply unless you want a really fine line which is virtually impossible because you can't sharpen the crayon and it's a rounded end. It doesn't go on in a nice dark line. It appears too waxy and doesn't seem to set. It also rubs off quite easily during the day. I know other reviewers claim this doesn't happen but I'm afraid on me it does.
I will stick to my Laura Mercier cake eye liner I think.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2007 1:28:00 PM More reviews by sakecat22

I'm quite fond of these eyeliners. They're inexpensive, easy to use, and don't smear. They used to make a bronze color (that they sadly discontinued) that I adored. Their black and green liners are also good colors. If you find the color too bright, it is easy to smudge with a cotton swab. And the eyeliner doesn't creep during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by esteeyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the best eyeliner I've ever used - smooth, creamy and long lasting on my oily lids! I used a Dior eyeliner before this and it used to tug on my lids during application ALL the time. The only complaint I have about this product is its packaging, the ultra thin crayon broke after a few days and little pieces managed fall out of the tube and dirty my makeup case. Overall, this is a fragile but extremely good to use eyeliner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 6:23:00 PM More reviews by selmf

I have this eyeliner in Deep Sea Blue and Cosmic Brown. This review is for Deep Sea Blue. It is brighter in person than on the website. I don't think it compliments my blue eyes as well as a deeper blue has. It goes on my crepey eyelids fine, and lasts into the evening with primer. I will buy this eyeliner again but not in this color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2007 2:56:00 PM More reviews by lailaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I haven't gotten the actual product yet but I went and I got samples of three colors : Cosmic Brown, Emerald and Starry Night Blue. I absolutely love these eyeliners. I use Cosmic Brown more on a daily basis and it gives you that subtle look that I really like. It also goes on smoothly and doesn't tug or feel rough. Things like that irk me so I'm really glad these aren't like that. Emerald is a pretty good green color and it looks amazing on tans. (I see that green does look good on tan I dunno why but green brings out something) And Starry Night Blue is like the name of it a starry night. It's like the dark blue of the sky and it's just a great color.

I'm planning on going to Avon to get the actual products soon possibly more samples of other colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Bojik

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been wering eyeliner for 20 years and have tried every single thing out there from Wet and Wild to Estee Lauder. These are, by far, the best ever. They last all day, do not smear, and dont make my eyes red, itchy, runny, or irritate them. I dont use Avon products normally but this is the only eyeliner I will wear now. I use Emerald. I did note the dark blue and the purple all look brown on me. I use the eyeliner inside my eyelid on the bottom. I love this stuff and buy 2-3 at a time.