July 28, 2014 | 2052 users online

Moisturizers - Aveeno - Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

rated 1 of 5 on 8/17/2008 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Sunshine1978

I really like this moisturizer. One pump is enough for me since I have oily skin. I've been on the hunt for a good moisturizer that works good, but sinks into the skin almost like it's not even there, but it is. Definitely will keep repurchasing this one.

Update 4/5/09

I stopped using this a while ago, did not work. I moved on to Biore Dual Preservation.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by FlameHaze

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think this is my HG moisturizer. For years I had been using Olay moisturizer, but then i started trying the 7 effects product because it was recommended by family. I've used that product for a few years, and well at first it did leave my skin supple and smooth but after a while my skin just 'adapted' and starting to become really dry at the sides of my face.

A friend had recommended me the Aveeno moisturizer... I bought it at Wal-Mart just a few days ago at the price of $19... pretty expensive and more pricier than the Olay but I thought I'd try it out anyway. It works WONDERS on my super dry skin. I only need a litle each time I put it on and it makes my skin super smooth and I think it has evened out my complexion as well. The only con about it is that it doesn't feel as moisturizing as the Olay... but it looks and makes my skin feel smooth so I guess it is doing it's job.

It's staying power is great but once I wash my face the dryness is back... I'll continue using this for a while because I enjoy the outcome it gives.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by elocink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this for a couple of years and loved it. After I puchased my 4th bottle and used it I noticed a weird smell (like cat pee) and then my face started burning like fire. I threw that bottle out, thinking that it came from a bad batch or something, and waited a month to purchase a new one. The same thing happened with this bottle. They must have change the formula or something. It really upsets me because this stuff really use to help with my acne.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2008 11:30:00 PM More reviews by chuckatanty

I bought this last year and completely forgot to review it. Since last summer, I have bought 2 bottles of this (I wear different moisturizers through the seasons, so usage amount is less for me).

Initially, I thought this stuff was amazing. It didn't exactly make my acne go poof, but my complexion definitely got better... I don't know how to describe it. Glowy, perhaps? Like the non-T-zone skin was looking pretty darn good and clear. I don't really remember it having any effect on zapping out the acne-induced redness, nor does it still. Although it wasn't exactly a godsend for the acne, it does have 0.5% salicylic acid, which is better than none, and it's a nice moisturizer- not too heavy, not too light. The fragrance is alright; my mom and sis like it, bf thought it was a "strange," whatever that means.

My one nitpick is that there's no SPF in it. I usually wear this when I'm just chilling away from the sun, whether summer or winter. When I go out, I have to put something else on, or layer SPF over it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2008 1:46:00 PM More reviews by askag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have finally found a good moisturizer for me. I don't know how I came across it, probably a magazine ad, but I can't believe I tried it out at this price. Before I found this I was basically trying many different moisturizers, trying to find a decent one. They all either dried, tightened, burned, or made my skin oilier. This is the perfect one however. I'm seventeen and don't really need a moisturizer for a specific dilemma (aging, fine lines, etc.), just that i have oily skin. This is just a really nice lightweight, oil-free moisturizer. It can be a little heavy if you layer it on. But I'm thinking this is part of keeping my skin clear hence 'clear complexion'. The bottle lasts me around 2 months. Love this product, just wish it was less pricey.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/6/2008 2:24:00 AM More reviews by jakay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the Aveeno Clear Complexion line after reading reviews for it in magazines. Unfortunately, the only thing that this product has going for it is the price. I did find it better than most drugstore brands, but not by too much. I found this moisturizer to be fairly good, but it was by no means any type of wonder product. It's just a plain old light and oil-free moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 8:44:00 PM More reviews by lunacita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After a horrible horomonal breakout, I've been left with awful purple/brown dark red acne scars.
I decided to try this lotion(due to mua) and am very pleased.
I've been using it for 2 weeks, and have aleady noticed considerable lightening of scars.
I'm still having a few new pimples, but they are not deep, and seem to go away faster,not leaving a bad scar.
This treatment seems like a slower process than say Proactiv, but my skin feels like its getting better.....it certainly looks healthier and the treatment doesn't burn like a lot of others I've tried.....
I will update
UPDATE: added a lippie-
1 month later....my skin is getting better and better. I even bought the "aveeno clear complexion cream cleanser" their spot treatment(forgot the name).
I could not be happier, Finally a great product for adult acne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by Boots87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been looking for a great moisturizer without spending a lot of money. Well I came across the reviews for this, and it sounded great. I can't believe it was $16! So that was a little dissapointing, but I bought it anyways. I washed my fash that night and put this on...I woke up in the middle of the night and for some reason touched my face, and freaked out! There were bumps literally ALL over my face! I've never had that happen before. I immediately got up and went to look in the mirror. I washed it off, and the next day the bumpies were still there. There's at least 20 of them...I returned to my old moisturizer, it's been 3 days now and the bumps are STILL there and my skin feels coarse and dry! I'm horrified. I have NEVER been this sensitive to anything I've ever put on my face! So i definately would not reccomend this to people with sensitive skin. I hope my face clears up soon!! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by yessika29

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the reviews here and I don't regret it...It's the best thing ever. I had very uneven and dull skin I used it for a least a week non stop to see if any results came up and WAO! Amazing. My skin is much clear, even and smooth I've got so many compliments lately about my skin. I def. plan on buying this again. I'm not to keen about the smell but it's duable. I use this along with my PF tinted Moist. and it goes on very well with both I have enough Moist. coverage for my very dry skin. So YES Would Def. Recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

I think this miiiiight be my HG moisturizer! Smells nice and fresh...love the pump bottle....feels nice on my skin and Bare Minerals goes on nice over it. I took one lippie off because I don't think it's QUITE as moisturizing as I'd like it to be..but then again I have really dry skin. After a long day it flakes a little around my jawline....so this stuff would obviously not work so well with liquid foundations or anything, at least for me. As for combating acne...hmm.....I don't think it does much in that department but it does seem to be lessening any breakouts. I recommend this product for suuuure.