April 20, 2014 | 1287 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:41:00 AM More reviews by swoopingbuzzards

this stuff is awesome <3

warm the product up with your finger and it becomes soft and easy to apply. it has a nice fresh lemon scent but it is not artificial smelling or overpowering. I had been using essie's apricot cuticle oil but that really wasn't doing much for my cuticles, or nails or surrounding skin, but burt's bees lemon butter cuticle creme is fantastic, my cuticles and surrounding skin are truly moisturised - I don't get any hangnails anymore - and my nails are moisturised and protected and I have less peeling. gives them a nice sheen aswell :)

the container is pretty small but because you don't need to use much it can last quite a long time. I like the tin, it is easy to open but even so the lid doesn't come off in my bag.

I will definetely buy more when I run out :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I can't believe that I haven't reviewed this cuticle cream because I have been using it for years! Most of all, I LOVE the lemony scent! I also adore the cute tin this comes in. I like having one of these in my purse and one on my night stand to put onto my cuticles before bed. It really works to keep them from drying out and is one of the best cuticle creams that I have tried. I saw a documentary about the woman who started the Burt's Bee's brand and it discussed how it became famous because of the all-natural ingredients. Ironically she ended up selling the line to the Clorox company! As far as I can tell though, the formulation of this cuticle cream hasn't changed! It's a great cuticle cream for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Burt Bee's lemon butter cuticle cream has a nice lemon scent to it. I usually try to use this on my cuticles once or twice a day since I frequently wash my hands throughout the day. It's non-greasy, and prevents dry, cracked cuticles from ruining your manicure. There is a lot of product in the small tin that it comes in, so it should last me two years.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Audri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have gnarled cuticles and have been in search of a cuticle cream to help me! i love this stuff! it's pretty inexpensive ($6 at Wal-Mart), smells delicious and is easy to apply.

I read some people think it's too greasy, but I haven't noticed it too much. Yes, is greasy of course, but not excessively. Whatever is left on my fingers, I rub into the palms of my hands or on my fingers (they're dry too lol)

I carry it everywhere and apply it whenever I think to.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2011 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There are reviews that state there is an artificial lemon scent. These lovely reviewers have not looked at the ingredients because that scent is actual lemon oil. There are also reviews stating this is too oily, but I question whether those reviewers massaged it into their cuticles.

I have been a cuticle picker my entire life, so my cuticles are a disaster. This balm stays in my bag always, and is massaged into my cuticles whenever I remember or have the chance. Yes, this product is oily when it melts down with your body heat, so I massage it into my fingers and then rub the extra product into my hands. I have yet to get any greasy marks on my clothing or accessories. When I use this, my hands look very nice. Sometimes I massage some Vaseline over the cuticle creme to seal in the moisture.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2011 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Lotionaddict69

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Green

I don't know if I'm just not using this enough but I'm not seeing any results. It does smell great though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by dawn65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I generally do not care for Burt Bees products, however, this cuticle cream is definite HG for me and I have been purchasing it for years. I am a sucker for anything that smells citrusy. However, my experience has been that many products that claim to have that type of scent, smell very manufactured and artificial. Not this one - it truly smells like you just cut open and squeezed the juice out of a fresh lemon. I also like the somewhat retro look of the cute little tin container. I keep one next to my bed and religiously apply it every night before going to sleep and because it's so small and convenient, I always have one in my purse to use when I'm on the go. My cuticles are always in great shape and look/feel healthy and nourished. It may sound silly, but if I begin to feel that sluggish mid-afternoon energy crash, one whiff of this does wonders in making me feel invigorated and wide-awake again. Love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by xkatherinemintie

The best part of this product has to be the smell. It's divine. It definitely makes my cuticles & nails look nice, not quite as nice as regular cuticle oil but the scent makes it worth using. It really smells like fresh lemons or lemonade, not at all like anything synthetic or chemical. I have to apply it more frequently than regular cuticle oil - I usually apply this product before bed each night. This is a great alternative to cuticle oil though, because it's a balm not a liquid, so application is much less messy and can be done anywhere.

The packaging is cute but not as functional as I'd like. As with so many other burt's bees products, this would be better in a stick than in a tin. Although the tin looks small, it will last a very long time. Definitely worth the $6, but you could never tell by just looking at the size.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2011 6:26:00 PM More reviews by bethb216

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Walgreens for about 6 bucks the other day, after reading tons of MUA reviews. Previously I had been using plain grape seed oil on my cuticles, however, while it works great, it is really greasy.

This cuticle cream comes in a cute, travel friendly round tin that opens easily but stays securely shut when not in use.

The cuticle cream is thick, and waxy, and smells like real, natural Meyer lemons, not that artificial lemon citronella smell that Lush's lemony flutter has.

a few swipes of this on my cuticles keeps them in shape and prevents hangnails, all without leaving greasy fingerprints on everything I touch.

While the tin was about 6 bucks, which could be a little steep, the amount of product you use per application, means this should last months. I'm pleased, and would purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by caitiear

Good cuticle cream. I definitely notice a difference after using it - my cuticles are softer and less prone to cracking in the cold winter months. A little oily and doesn't get fully absorbed right away, so good to use it at night so it can soak in overnight. The packaging is a little less than ideal - it can be hard to open and it's awkward to close with greasy fingers after you apply the cream. I have the yellow tin.