Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

4.3

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

***NEW FORMULA: sweet almond oil, beeswax, lemon peel oil, cocoa seed butter, candelilla wax, tocopherol, sunflower seed oil, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, beta-carotene, canola oil, vegetable oil. ***ORIGINAL FORMULA: Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene

on 8/29/2011 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I change my nail color about once every 2 days. My nails have been subjected to a lot of acetone and my cuticles are very dry. I used to use those oil drops from various brands but they never stayed on as long as I hoped. I was looking for a new brand of cuticle oil when I found reviews for this stuff, so I paid a visit to my local Shoppers Drug Mart and luckily they were in stock! The name says it's Cuticle "Cream" so I imagined that it would be somewhat creamy, like lotion. To my surprise, it was actually wax. Why don't they just call it Cuticle Wax... anyways back to the review...this stuff is actually pretty great. I apply this after I push back my cuticles and when I feel like they need some moisture. My cuticles look great now! It also smells great but isn't overpowering to the point where it reminds you of lemon dish detergent. As a wax, it stays on longer. You can also use this as lip balm. It doesn't taste awful and it moisturizes your lips like no other. Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon oil are the first three ingredients. All very good things. The only dislike about this product is the packaging. The tin becomes sticky from your fingers after application. I wish it came in some sort of stick, but the tin does last a long time. Overall, a very good product with a very good price.

on 8/27/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought this because my mother uses it, and we both love it! This product smells great, is extremely cheap ($5.99 at CVS) and it lasts a really long time, even if you use it every day, because you don't need a lot! I use this product primarily to moisturize my nails, and it works really well! Absolute HG must have.

on 8/21/2011 10:53:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Love this cuticle cream! (though imo, its more of a waxy balm, not a cream) It makes my cuticles healthy and smell good (:

on 8/21/2011 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this stuff! My cuticles are quite literally perfect thanks to it. It's a balmy (not at all waxy), moisturizing cuticle treatment that, once emulsified and massaged into the cuticle and nail bed, turns slightly greasy and soaks into the skin slowly. This is exactly how I like it. I'll get in bed at night, gouge some out of the tin (which is adorable, if a bit hard to open) and rub it all over my cuticles, and down my fingers. If I've scooped out too much, i just massage it into my hands. When I wake up in the morning, it's completely absorbed into my skin, and leaves everything SO SOFT. And the scent is just...mouthwatering.That is the best word I can think of to describe it. It smells like these lemon drop candies I see every so often at Trader Joes; not too sweet, not too tart, just a perfect lemony blend. Every time I smell this cuticle butter, I want that candy!
I've heard that the Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is similar to Lush's Lemony Flutter, right down to the smell. Once I'm done with my tin, I'd like to try the Lemony Flutter and see how they compare.

on 8/14/2011 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I absolutely adore this product. It smells so yummy, and although the texture is a bit waxy at first, it absorbs incredible fast into my skin. I also have noticed that since I've started using it, my nails themselves appear to be much stronger and healthier!

The best part is that this products is all natural. I hate using products that have tons of nasty chemicals in them, so this is one area of relief!

on 8/11/2011 12:57:00 PM

The best treatment for dry cuticles, in my opinion...been using this stuff for years and it leaves my cuticles soft and healthy looking...plus the scent of this is so divine...a little goes a long way..highly recommend

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!! My cuticles are always dry, and all you need to do it put a little on and you are good to go! It smells soooo lemony and good, and lasts a long time. It's perfect, the only bad thing i have to say is that I wish it was a bit creamier. I swear, it saved my cuticles! They were breaking and cracking, but after 1 application, they were smoother and felt a lot better too.

on 8/11/2011 4:20:00 AM

This is my FAVORITE product..like, ever. I used to work with paper all day long, and my fingers would be practically cracking. This combined with the fact that I am a "picker" by nature led to me chewing/peeling my cuticles/fingers to SORE shreads...poor nubbins. This stuff (I have the old, not silver tin) works freaking miracles. I just have to put it on once, and my skin/cuticles feel soft and pliable. So much so, that even if I try to rip them up, it doesn't work because there is no rough skin. Even sore, peeled bits feel soothed. Because it helps me to control the cuticle picking compulsion, it has also helped me destroy my finger nails less. It's also great if you have severely chapped lips, I just rub it on at night and they feel fantastic in the morning! Also, it smells delish. Make sure to give it a little rub-in on your fingers. If you do, it'll soak right in. Otherwise, it can be a little greasy. I can apply quite a lot and it just soaks right in. Also, it last a LONG time. I've had it for a few years using it occasionally (esp. after acetone!) and it's not even half gone. Can't speak for the new stuff, but at least the old stuff is completely amazing!

on 8/2/2011 9:58:00 PM

Stop reading. Go out and buy this product. First, I will start with the smell. This is the BEST lemon scent I have ever encountered. It smells exactly like lemon Starburst. Mouth watering goodness!! Second, this stuff is AMAZING for nails and cuticles. I apply it all over my nails and cuticles after I remove my nail polish. I'll also apply it to my cuticles at night if I feel like it is necessary.

on 7/11/2011 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

The Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream is a pretty good moisturizing cuticle cream that smells great and does a great job at keeping my cuticles in great shape in between manicures.

It comes in a sliver/yellow tin that contains 0.60oz/17g worth of product at about $6 a pot (depending on where you are located). Its a pretty good amount for the price because only a little amount is needed to moisturize the cuticle area. I've had my tin for almost a year and I still haven't hit the pan yet.

The only problem with this cuticle cream is that it dulls the look of my polish if I run it over the entire nail bed. By solving this problem, I have to carefully apply it just to the outer area and take some extra time to massage it into my cuticles (to get rid of the waxy/dull look). Since I have to concentrate at rubbing it in carefully, I tend to use this cream right before bed and use a different cream during the day.

It smells wonderful...pretty much a sugary lemon scent and my SO actually likes it, so that's a plus. If you have a chance, its a pretty good buy and your cuticle will thank you.