Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I have bought this product off and on for the past year. After applying mineral foundation I do a quick spritz. I find it helps melt the mineral makeup into my skin. I'm also sensitive with some redness and this product helps cool down my skin. Refreshes my skin during the dry winter months too. Doesn't irritate my skin. Sometimes Shoppers has this product 20 % off. I would repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this for a while and I don't really see the point. My skin is very sensitive and it makes me red and itchy.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I like it but I wish it was cheaper.

I've been using this since 2 years ago. Initially, I thought it was just a gimmick and didn't think much about it -- it came together with my purchase of the cleanser so I just thought I might as well try it. I didn't realise what an amazing product it is until one day I developed a strong allergic reaction towards one very horrid faulty face powder; I sprayed the thermal water onto my skin and the itching and redness stopped in almost half an hour. My skin is rather allergic and this thermal water spray really comes in handy when my face gets red, itchy or swollen (or sometimes, all three!). When I develop pimples, I will use the Avene Cleanance gel and then spray the thermal water on. Usually, the pimples will stabilise the next day. This is an absolutely amazing product and I will definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Although I had read about the benefits of spray waters such as this one (i.e., La Roche Posay and Vichy), I was unwilling to invest the money into something that seemed supremely overpriced. Until, that is, I found a can of Avene still in it's shrink-wrapping at Winners (Canadian version of Marshalls) at a significant discount.
Within a week I noticed that any redness I had (nose/chin area) had substantially decreased. I will definitely repurchase!

I started using thermal waters about 10 years ago from 3 different brands: La Roche Posay, Vichy and Avene, this one being the best.

I like very much how it soothes and refreshes the skin -I use it after waxing, exfoliating or whenever I have a sunburn-; I also enjoy having 3 sizes to choose from: 300ml -placed over my dressing table-, 150 ml and 50ml -which I always carry in my purse-.

I dislike a little the price so I try to buy it when it is on sale and the packaging: despite being hygienic and practical, throwing away those pressurized cans feels eco-unfriendly.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Great for freshen up

I too felt like a bit of an idiot parting with my hard earned cash for a can of water, but I was quite excited to try it. I sprayed it on freshly cleaned skin, hoping it would reduce some redness from my malar rash. No good - in fact, it made it itch slightly.
However, this is amazing for setting my makeup (EL Double Wear). A spritz or two of this leaves my make up smooth, does seem to help set it and keep it fresher looking for at least half a day, and best of all removes that mask-like feeling that can come from wearing heavier foundation. Feels lovely and refreshing too! Ordinary tap water achieved none of this for me.
The first time I used it I pretty much ruined my makeup by just spraying it on - the trick is to only half press the nozzle down. You'll get a fine, even mist. I do around four or five of my 'half sprays' each morning, so the larger can lasts a good few months. The problem is even though it's a good product, I can't get the thought 'it's just water' out of my head...

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I'm not sure why or how this works (need to check the website again for that) but it does. I was having bad reaction to Hada Labo arbutin toner (the blue one) with tiny red spots all over my face that weren't pimples. Enter this totally inconspicuous and seemingly useless water spray bought on a complete whim. Used it twice/three times a day. My skin was clear and calm in three days. I don't really wear makeup that much anymore these days except for mascara and lipstick, so I'm not sure if this helps to set makeup. This works better than Evian, though, and certainly better than putting regular tap water into a portable bottle spray, because I tried that. Did not work.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought the smallest size, 30ml I think, which is perfect after sports to calm down a stinging face. It seemed pointless at first but I actually think it's a very good, cheap and useful product for calming down the skin.

Popular Face Skincare Products