December 22, 2014 | 946 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Retrospeck

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2006 1:52:00 AM More reviews by girly_girl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I have owned Shroom and Brule in the past, both are boring neutral beiges, with a matte finish. Hated both, I hated the look on me, had to waste too much product to get it to even show up on my C40 skin. THIS is my favorite neutral to wear with greens, bronzes, browns, etc. I don't have a problem with applying this. It's perfect for those inner corners and highlighting the browbone, would definetly recommend to someone who likes a bit more glam in their makeup!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2006 4:30:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

On my DDD skin I don't see much colour, just a wash of silvery shimmer. Not bad as a browbone highlighter but I really don't like the gritty texture or the giant glitter particles.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2006 12:31:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

"Retrospeck" is a pale champaign-beige color with a very shimmery finish. The shimmers are quite fine, so it would work as a subtly glimmering wash even during the day. The texture is quite nice, though it's not quite as pigmented as other MACs I've tried. Overall, a nice basic neutral color, but not a must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Foveolata

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this shadow. It's a nice neutral champaine color, but with shimmer. I use it as a browbone highlighter, and it looks lovely. (I am pale, with dark brown eyes.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2006 10:28:00 PM More reviews by MACAddiction

NC45. The only thing that I will add is that this is probably the best Lustre out there. It isn't quite as flecky as the other MAC Lustres. It looks GORGEOUS on medium brown African American skin, but I would imagine it would look good on other complexions as well. It could either be a highlight, or an inner upper corner of the lid shade. It is a jazzed up shimmery version of Shroom. It looks great with Woodwinked.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2006 11:33:00 AM More reviews by kittykat36

I love this colour - I love the paleness of the gold. I don't find the texture too much of a problem but I apply it on my lid with the Body Shop's flat blending brush and under my eye with their lipstick brush. I find they catch the particles much better than a loose shadow brush and I don't have much of a problem with unwanted shimmery cheeks. Super - I will be buying forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2006 5:24:00 PM More reviews by melikemochi

This is a sparkly beigey slightly goldish color. It is from the lustre collection so the the sparkles are bigger rather than finely grounded shimmers. I normall steer clear of the lustre as the texture is usually grainy and messy with poor color payoff in my experience with honesty but I am so glad that I gave retrospeck a try. Definitely shows up as a highlight. I used it over Vex the other day because vex didnt show up as much as I wanted it to. Sparkles migrate a bit but it is not a problem considering the color. Works great with ALL other colors. Definitely would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 8:06:00 PM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful, jazzed-up cool neutral shadow with lots of sparkle. Lustre formula, so glitter does tend to migrate, but the shade is gorgeous. The MAC website describes it as a "beached blonde", but it's a silvery goldish neutral. Looks great as a wash all over the lid, or as a highlighter. I've also used this on my cheekbones as a highlight. A must-have basic. I love this and will buy again once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2006 7:04:00 PM More reviews by jaimiegoesrawr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I LOVE this eyeshadow. It's the perfect shimmery neutral. It was my first MAC product and it's amazing. It has sparked my passion for MAC!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2006 6:06:00 PM More reviews by mally4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this eyeshadow. For everyday I use it from eyelashes right up to the brow, blended well, for a nice natural look. With a more dramatic shadow color or dark smokey eyes, retrospeck is perfect for layering or highlighting. I don't think i'd go single day without using this shadow. I'd have to describe it as being a shimmery, neutral beige as opposed to the "gold" color other reviewers have labelled it as. I don't see any gold in it whatsoever. In fact it's somewhere between a silver and a gold... a shimmery beige. Anyways it is my skin tone... but much nicer and shimmery. The staying power is another big plus. I have never had a problem with the product creasing or disappearing on me. Will def repurchase when I run out.