MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

This is probably one of my favorite base shadows. However, it's very glittery and thus I apply it with my finger. It's a neutral gold color similar to stilife paint. I use this with Amberlights and Mulch in the crease and Ricepaper as a highlight. This is very gritty for a lot of people, but if you use your finger it's a lot easier to use and a great eyeshadow. Definitely brings out my eyes, whether they are grey or brown. I will definitely buy this again if I run out, unless I find something more finely milled. :)

MMM/NC40, Black hair, Brown/grey eyes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my favorite MAC shadows of all times.I can say that it suits perfectly into my 'ideal eyeshadow' category in my mind.Why? Simply because it's shimmery,also sparkly,easy to blend,suitable to mix and soften other shades and the color is right for all of these specialties.I noticed it first among other similar colors on the counter and bought immediately because I thought it'll turn out something close to what I want for highlighting and when I tried it on I knew I wasn't wrong about it.Totally perfect!

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I love this e/s. I use it almost every day as my base. Its a beautiful sparkly cream color. I use it as a wash, a highlight, pretty much anyway I can.

Love it! I have owned Shroom and Brule in the past, both are boring neutral beiges, with a matte finish. Hated both, I hated the look on me, had to waste too much product to get it to even show up on my C40 skin. THIS is my favorite neutral to wear with greens, bronzes, browns, etc. I don't have a problem with applying this. It's perfect for those inner corners and highlighting the browbone, would definetly recommend to someone who likes a bit more glam in their makeup!

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

On my DDD skin I don't see much colour, just a wash of silvery shimmer. Not bad as a browbone highlighter but I really don't like the gritty texture or the giant glitter particles.

"Retrospeck" is a pale champaign-beige color with a very shimmery finish. The shimmers are quite fine, so it would work as a subtly glimmering wash even during the day. The texture is quite nice, though it's not quite as pigmented as other MACs I've tried. Overall, a nice basic neutral color, but not a must-have.

I really like this shadow. It's a nice neutral champaine color, but with shimmer. I use it as a browbone highlighter, and it looks lovely. (I am pale, with dark brown eyes.)

NC45. The only thing that I will add is that this is probably the best Lustre out there. It isn't quite as flecky as the other MAC Lustres. It looks GORGEOUS on medium brown African American skin, but I would imagine it would look good on other complexions as well. It could either be a highlight, or an inner upper corner of the lid shade. It is a jazzed up shimmery version of Shroom. It looks great with Woodwinked.

I love this colour - I love the paleness of the gold. I don't find the texture too much of a problem but I apply it on my lid with the Body Shop's flat blending brush and under my eye with their lipstick brush. I find they catch the particles much better than a loose shadow brush and I don't have much of a problem with unwanted shimmery cheeks. Super - I will be buying forever!

This is a sparkly beigey slightly goldish color. It is from the lustre collection so the the sparkles are bigger rather than finely grounded shimmers. I normall steer clear of the lustre as the texture is usually grainy and messy with poor color payoff in my experience with honesty but I am so glad that I gave retrospeck a try. Definitely shows up as a highlight. I used it over Vex the other day because vex didnt show up as much as I wanted it to. Sparkles migrate a bit but it is not a problem considering the color. Works great with ALL other colors. Definitely would buy again.

Top Rated MAC Products