October 31, 2014 | 1190 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 4:16:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

this one have stayed with me for a long time, but it's time to say bye.
cause i found my perfect foundation

this is soft, not irritating, not dry , but it's oily and doesn't stay long
and makes my skin looks greasy and dull on the evening. so i say good bye to chanel
it's too expensive other than that.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2010 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Thielen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this foundation. I received a very generous sample at the Chanel counter in Denmark, and I just asked for the lightest shade. Normally I'm about NW20 (NW25 when I get a tan, which I try not to), and that's not too pale, so I didn't really pay attention.

The foundation itself is GORGEOUS. It does not look greasy on me at all, it just gives me even luminous skin...not exactly dewy, but getting there :D It doesn't oxidize on me, and it lasts at least 8 on me (I don't use primers, ever). No visible pores at all. I have pretty good skin except for oily nostrils, some redness and dry patches on forehead and cheeks (nice, huh?).

At first when I applied it, I ooh'ed and aah'ed...and then I looked at my jaw. It was at least two tones darker than my neck. OK, the neck is always slightly lighter than the face and chest, BUT...not that much! This foundation is insanely expensive, and I am not going to spend a fortune on a foundation that I have to take all the way down the neck every single day. WHAT a waste of product! I got it in 20, and it seems that it's available in 10 in the UK. It's quite ridiculous that it's not available in the lighter shades in effing Scandinavia.

Guess I'm sticking to MAC Face & Body...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by lvmymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG foundation! I was really afraid to try it at first because I do have oily skin, but this goes on so smooth..No breakouts for me...Yay. This is a full coverage foundation, and really makes my face look flawless, and I do have larger pores, but this really covers them up.
The only down side is the price, its so expensive, so If anyone knows of a good dupe for it let me know.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Pecheresse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a lovely foundation, blends like a dream, gorgeous finish, looks amazing for a few hours after I've applied it but if I don't follow with some setting powder, my skin ends up looking extremely oily and shiny. I think this is particularly suited for drier skin types, which I am not. But then again, I can counteract the shininess with powder so it's not too big of a deal for me. I love the liquidly consistency, it doesn't set in fine lines and doesn't highlight my dry patches, which is a big problem I have with other foundations. The result looks very natural. Staying power is so-so. Pricey, but who would expect otherwise with Chanel? The glass bottle is classy and the little pump/dispenser very convenient and hygienic.

The thing that bothers me the most about this foundation is the limited number of shades it comes in. I bought the lightest shade I could find (25 petale), which is just too dark for me. I'm currently mixing vitalumiere with Christian Dior Nude in 010 to get the right shade for my skin and that's been working out quite well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Nurken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love! This foundation is really hydrating my thirsty skin, it does not make my areas around nose and forehead flakey (like MANY other fdts do!). It gives a medium coverage, but more sheer to medium than medium to full - but I think itīs possible to build in thin layers.
My skin looks flawless with this.Itīs a dewy finish, and I love it, beacuse dewyness makes skin look younger - and there are so many people telling my I look so fresh and good with this on!! :)Woohoo! Iīm blessed with really good skin, but some foundations makes some pores show...(that I even didnīt know I had). This makes my skin feel like silk and it doesnīt show any pores - and it even evens out small lines.
I havenīt bought yet (waiting for a swap or a taxfree shopping somewhere), but for my skin 02 was the perfect match.
I will def buy this soon, itīs an everyday-fdt both for daytime, and also like said, buildable for night.
I applied with fingers, and stippled in a tiny, tiny bit of loose powder to set it all.....and voila, itīs awsome!! :) You really have to set this fdt with loose powder, beacuse itīs really moist....but by all means, NOT too much powder, then you loose the super dewy finish!! Love, love, love....probably my new HG....

Edit: Used this for a while now, and I notice that the stayingpower is so-so. Itīs also a must to set this with loose powder, or else my skin turns kind of shiny in some areas after some hours. Else, I still love it, my skin looks younger with this on! Amazing!

Edit: taking off one lippie - due to difficult to match color properly. It`s also too yellow on me...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by laurx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok...so here's the thing. While this is a great foundation, it is not for people with oily skin! After reading the amazing reviews, watching YouTube videos about it, and seeing pictures, I instantly fell in love and had to try it. I went to Macy's and picked up, and I couldn't have been more excited. My skin is not super oily, but it is slightly oily, and the minute I put this foundation on it felt so heavy and greasy. It did give an amazing glow and the "dewy look" which I love, but it wasn't right for my skin. If you have normal or dry skin, I think this would be fantastic for you. It really gives great coverage and looks pretty...it just comes up very oily on me. If you're like me and have oily skin -- mix some illuminating cream (I use the Laura Mercier one) and mix it with your foundation. This also gives a dewy look...and to top it off you could even add some cream blush or a cream highlighter (such as Hush from MAC).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Angel1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation since I was 18 and it is still among the best I've tried, and I've tried a lot of foundations.

I mostly have 'normal' skin, only my nose can be a bit oily at times. So I wouldn't say this foundation is only for those who have dry skin.

- luminising
- nice color (clair 20)
- satin finish
- natural
- buildable (never cakes)
- SPF 15

- color should be lighter, clair 20 is the right 'tone' but it should be lighter. I tried opale 15 but the tone is different

Note: Most of the time of the time I mix this foundation with a bit of GA Luminous silk in zero (white) to lighten it. But when I have that unavoidable summer tan, I use it alone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My #1 complaint with this foundation is that it is sheer to light coverage. This is NOT medium coverage in my opinion. It is more liquidy compared to NARS Sheer Glow, but because it is more liquidy it does blend very well. I have dry skin and I have found with other foundations like NARS my skin tends to look drier at the end of the day and even flakes. I do not have this experience with Chanel. It keeps my skin looking more supple and dewy.

This foundation was re-formulated in April 2010. I purchased this in Aug 2010 after the change in the color Diaphne. The color range is limited in my opinion.

I would recommend this foundation only for those with a very specific skin type--drier or more mature skin that needs a boost of dewy radiance and those who do not need alot of coverage who have relatively flawless skin who only needs to even out their skin tone. Even then, you will still need a concealer for spots where you want more coverage like under eye circles or certain spots.

The price of this foundation is phenomenally high at $54 USD.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by posey00

MY FAVORITE FOUNDATION!
ITS GREAT COVERS WELL AND SMELLS AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Scherery

This is great foundation for women with dry skin. It doesn't look flakey, (at least if i've moisturized and exfoliated!), it covers well, and it is moisturizing and gives me a flawless glow. Get this with the chanel luminizing concealer pen pump they have. It's necessary to splurge on foundation and concealer, and chanel is the best brand to get. It also comes with a pump now which keeps the foundation free from bacteria. You get a lot of product for the price. Great buy! I'll have this for a long time.