September 17, 2014 | 2222 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2010 11:32:00 PM More reviews by lvmymakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my new HG foundation! I was really afraid to try it at first because I do have oily skin, but this goes on so smooth..No breakouts for me...Yay. This is a full coverage foundation, and really makes my face look flawless, and I do have larger pores, but this really covers them up.
The only down side is the price, its so expensive, so If anyone knows of a good dupe for it let me know.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by Pecheresse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This is a lovely foundation, blends like a dream, gorgeous finish, looks amazing for a few hours after I've applied it but if I don't follow with some setting powder, my skin ends up looking extremely oily and shiny. I think this is particularly suited for drier skin types, which I am not. But then again, I can counteract the shininess with powder so it's not too big of a deal for me. I love the liquidly consistency, it doesn't set in fine lines and doesn't highlight my dry patches, which is a big problem I have with other foundations. The result looks very natural. Staying power is so-so. Pricey, but who would expect otherwise with Chanel? The glass bottle is classy and the little pump/dispenser very convenient and hygienic.

The thing that bothers me the most about this foundation is the limited number of shades it comes in. I bought the lightest shade I could find (25 petale), which is just too dark for me. I'm currently mixing vitalumiere with Christian Dior Nude in 010 to get the right shade for my skin and that's been working out quite well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2010 4:07:00 AM More reviews by Nurken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love! This foundation is really hydrating my thirsty skin, it does not make my areas around nose and forehead flakey (like MANY other fdts do!). It gives a medium coverage, but more sheer to medium than medium to full - but I think itīs possible to build in thin layers.
My skin looks flawless with this.Itīs a dewy finish, and I love it, beacuse dewyness makes skin look younger - and there are so many people telling my I look so fresh and good with this on!! :)Woohoo! Iīm blessed with really good skin, but some foundations makes some pores show...(that I even didnīt know I had). This makes my skin feel like silk and it doesnīt show any pores - and it even evens out small lines.
I havenīt bought yet (waiting for a swap or a taxfree shopping somewhere), but for my skin 02 was the perfect match.
I will def buy this soon, itīs an everyday-fdt both for daytime, and also like said, buildable for night.
I applied with fingers, and stippled in a tiny, tiny bit of loose powder to set it all.....and voila, itīs awsome!! :) You really have to set this fdt with loose powder, beacuse itīs really moist....but by all means, NOT too much powder, then you loose the super dewy finish!! Love, love, love....probably my new HG....

Edit: Used this for a while now, and I notice that the stayingpower is so-so. Itīs also a must to set this with loose powder, or else my skin turns kind of shiny in some areas after some hours. Else, I still love it, my skin looks younger with this on! Amazing!

Edit: taking off one lippie - due to difficult to match color properly. It`s also too yellow on me...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/4/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by laurx3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok...so here's the thing. While this is a great foundation, it is not for people with oily skin! After reading the amazing reviews, watching YouTube videos about it, and seeing pictures, I instantly fell in love and had to try it. I went to Macy's and picked up, and I couldn't have been more excited. My skin is not super oily, but it is slightly oily, and the minute I put this foundation on it felt so heavy and greasy. It did give an amazing glow and the "dewy look" which I love, but it wasn't right for my skin. If you have normal or dry skin, I think this would be fantastic for you. It really gives great coverage and looks pretty...it just comes up very oily on me. If you're like me and have oily skin -- mix some illuminating cream (I use the Laura Mercier one) and mix it with your foundation. This also gives a dewy look...and to top it off you could even add some cream blush or a cream highlighter (such as Hush from MAC).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2010 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Angel1988

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation since I was 18 and it is still among the best I've tried, and I've tried a lot of foundations.

I mostly have 'normal' skin, only my nose can be a bit oily at times. So I wouldn't say this foundation is only for those who have dry skin.

- luminising
- nice color (clair 20)
- satin finish
- natural
- buildable (never cakes)
- SPF 15

- color should be lighter, clair 20 is the right 'tone' but it should be lighter. I tried opale 15 but the tone is different

Note: Most of the time of the time I mix this foundation with a bit of GA Luminous silk in zero (white) to lighten it. But when I have that unavoidable summer tan, I use it alone.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lola88

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My #1 complaint with this foundation is that it is sheer to light coverage. This is NOT medium coverage in my opinion. It is more liquidy compared to NARS Sheer Glow, but because it is more liquidy it does blend very well. I have dry skin and I have found with other foundations like NARS my skin tends to look drier at the end of the day and even flakes. I do not have this experience with Chanel. It keeps my skin looking more supple and dewy.

This foundation was re-formulated in April 2010. I purchased this in Aug 2010 after the change in the color Diaphne. The color range is limited in my opinion.

I would recommend this foundation only for those with a very specific skin type--drier or more mature skin that needs a boost of dewy radiance and those who do not need alot of coverage who have relatively flawless skin who only needs to even out their skin tone. Even then, you will still need a concealer for spots where you want more coverage like under eye circles or certain spots.

The price of this foundation is phenomenally high at $54 USD.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by posey00

MY FAVORITE FOUNDATION!
ITS GREAT COVERS WELL AND SMELLS AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Scherery

This is great foundation for women with dry skin. It doesn't look flakey, (at least if i've moisturized and exfoliated!), it covers well, and it is moisturizing and gives me a flawless glow. Get this with the chanel luminizing concealer pen pump they have. It's necessary to splurge on foundation and concealer, and chanel is the best brand to get. It also comes with a pump now which keeps the foundation free from bacteria. You get a lot of product for the price. Great buy! I'll have this for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Aquarius

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

There is much misconception for this foundation because it is not really a foundation that covers blemishes or scars. This is only good if you're already blessed with good skin and looking for something light coverage just to even up your skin tone. The problem I have with this is it glides by mid day as I have combination skin which is oily at the t-zone area. However it does show a dewy finish and you’ll definitely have to set with loose/pressed powder. Not too much otherwise it defeats the purpose of this foundation finish. The down side with Chanel foundations is they are usually a little yellowish compared to the other brands. I am NC20 and my shade is Limpide 10 the lightest shade. I took one off from this rating because it is expensive!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 4:25:00 PM More reviews by JolieBelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have to rate this foundation so low because well, due to its price and brand, i definitely expected much better results.

Color: i have also noticed what other reviewers stated, that the shade range is fairly limited and lighter complexions are favored, but i did manage to find my shade, 30 Cendre/Shell. it suits my skin perfectly. However, it is true that the yellow undertone predominates so i see this might be a bit of a problem for girls with different complexions. It didn't bother me at all, because this shade, nr 30, has the ideal amount of beigy-'yellow' in it.

Coverage: THIS is my major problem. This stuff doesn't cover at all. it gives the same coverage as my first foundation, a terribly cheap drugstore brand from a company that is mostly specialized in producing soaps and cotton buds (i was 15 so an allowance for cosmetics was a bit of an issue back then). it just doesn't cover, period. i saw this just as i was applying the product...and thinking 'oh no, oh no...it can't be happening'. i used enough product and it didn't cover my circles, it just disappeared off my skin.

The finish: yes it is glowy and dewy in a very beautiful and natural way that other foundations don't manage to do, i wholeheartedly agree. But if you set this foundation with powder....nada. it's all gone. and you must set it, otherwise it just fades off or rubs off your clothes.

The look: an extremely natural one. it doesn't seem you're actually wearing makeup which is great. this is the first foundation that doesn't look like foundation on the skin. i am pretty surprised with it, this is a great advantage.

However. at the price and quantity...i'm thinking of returning it and getting my all-time favorite, Estee Lauder Double Wear...or use it with ELDD, combined, or use the ELDW as a concealer and keep the dewiness and natural finish. i am not sure what i will do with it.
I certainly won't repurchase it and don't recommend it if you're going to shell some good money for a high-end product...i'd rather recommend something from Estee Lauder instead.

Happy shopping!