Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 11/23/2010 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This was my first foundation, and I do still love it. It has a wonderful scent, and fantastic staying power without ever looking splotchy or sliding off. It also never accentuates any dry or flaky patches. The color (Shell I believe) matched my skin great.

For the price, however, I'd rather use my MUFE HD Foundation, or Illamasqua Rich Liquid (and I'm not one to be frugal with my makeup or skincare). Chanel Vitalumiere will always be a great standby, and I will repurchase due to excellent quality, but I want to use up my others first.

on 11/18/2010 9:20:00 PM

I have been a huge powder foundation fan for many years but now being in my early 30's my skin is changing a bit...more on a dry side. This is my first experience with liquid and I have to say that I am loving this beautiful foundation. It is dewy and gives you that ethereal glow from within. I dust it with a little bit of my MAC blot powder and it gives me a semi matte look which I absolutely love.

Coverage is good but if you have a lot of skin issues I wouldn't rely on this foundation, but again in my opinion it covers fairly well. When it comes to packaging nothing can be compared to CHANEL. Very classy and the pump glass bottle is very sexy. Color selection is a little wired. Took me a while to find my perfect shade. I am NC35 and I wear Cendre which is a close match. It's a total splurge but I am so happy with it :)

on 11/17/2010 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a great foundation , it is smooth , doesnt settle into fine lines and moisturizing. It gives you that dewy look. Unfortunately this foundation made me break out and made my face look so greasy. It's more of a light / sheer coverage. It doesnt have staying power either after a couple of hours the foundation just faded away. I have moved on to Pro Lumiere which is better suited for me.

on 11/2/2010 2:38:00 AM

I am an avid fan of Chanel Foundation and Makeup...I've been using the mat lumiere range not until last week when i decide to swop to Vitalumiere after reading reviews and watching beauties in You tube raving about it...

I am now looking forward to even use it to work with the wonderful chanel foundation brush which i dont normaly even use makeup daily . The super silky formula can be used sheer or built up to full coverage if wanted. I'm wearing it right now and i can't even tell I have it on. . Although it says this foundation suits more for dry skin range and since i have a combo skin im a so impress that it doesnt leave my skin too oily..I have combination to very oily skin. It makes my skin look radiant and dewey, but not oily. I will most likely purchase this foundation again....I've found the most perfect Chanel Liquid fondation...

on 10/11/2010 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I purchased this product at Macy's in August!
I chose the #5 diaphne and it's the perfect shade for my skin!
I use this foundation as a primer for my eyeshadow and I also use it for under eye circles and it works great and looks amazing, it blends well, but my complaint with this product is it feels greasey and it doesn't stay on all day like I want!
I usually apply this early afternoon and I'm lucky if it lasts until 6pm

on 9/29/2010 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this one have stayed with me for a long time, but it's time to say bye.
cause i found my perfect foundation

this is soft, not irritating, not dry , but it's oily and doesn't stay long
and makes my skin looks greasy and dull on the evening. so i say good bye to chanel
it's too expensive other than that.

on 9/28/2010 1:12:00 PM

I really love this foundation. I received a very generous sample at the Chanel counter in Denmark, and I just asked for the lightest shade. Normally I'm about NW20 (NW25 when I get a tan, which I try not to), and that's not too pale, so I didn't really pay attention.

The foundation itself is GORGEOUS. It does not look greasy on me at all, it just gives me even luminous skin...not exactly dewy, but getting there :D It doesn't oxidize on me, and it lasts at least 8 on me (I don't use primers, ever). No visible pores at all. I have pretty good skin except for oily nostrils, some redness and dry patches on forehead and cheeks (nice, huh?).

At first when I applied it, I ooh'ed and aah'ed...and then I looked at my jaw. It was at least two tones darker than my neck. OK, the neck is always slightly lighter than the face and chest, BUT...not that much! This foundation is insanely expensive, and I am not going to spend a fortune on a foundation that I have to take all the way down the neck every single day. WHAT a waste of product! I got it in 20, and it seems that it's available in 10 in the UK. It's quite ridiculous that it's not available in the lighter shades in effing Scandinavia.

Guess I'm sticking to MAC Face & Body...

on 9/23/2010 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my new HG foundation! I was really afraid to try it at first because I do have oily skin, but this goes on so smooth..No breakouts for me...Yay. This is a full coverage foundation, and really makes my face look flawless, and I do have larger pores, but this really covers them up.
The only down side is the price, its so expensive, so If anyone knows of a good dupe for it let me know.

on 9/13/2010 1:53:00 PM

This is a lovely foundation, blends like a dream, gorgeous finish, looks amazing for a few hours after I've applied it but if I don't follow with some setting powder, my skin ends up looking extremely oily and shiny. I think this is particularly suited for drier skin types, which I am not. But then again, I can counteract the shininess with powder so it's not too big of a deal for me. I love the liquidly consistency, it doesn't set in fine lines and doesn't highlight my dry patches, which is a big problem I have with other foundations. The result looks very natural. Staying power is so-so. Pricey, but who would expect otherwise with Chanel? The glass bottle is classy and the little pump/dispenser very convenient and hygienic.

The thing that bothers me the most about this foundation is the limited number of shades it comes in. I bought the lightest shade I could find (25 petale), which is just too dark for me. I'm currently mixing vitalumiere with Christian Dior Nude in 010 to get the right shade for my skin and that's been working out quite well for me.

on 9/5/2010 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Love, love, love! This foundation is really hydrating my thirsty skin, it does not make my areas around nose and forehead flakey (like MANY other fdts do!). It gives a medium coverage, but more sheer to medium than medium to full - but I think itīs possible to build in thin layers.
My skin looks flawless with this.Itīs a dewy finish, and I love it, beacuse dewyness makes skin look younger - and there are so many people telling my I look so fresh and good with this on!! :)Woohoo! Iīm blessed with really good skin, but some foundations makes some pores show...(that I even didnīt know I had). This makes my skin feel like silk and it doesnīt show any pores - and it even evens out small lines.
I havenīt bought yet (waiting for a swap or a taxfree shopping somewhere), but for my skin 02 was the perfect match.
I will def buy this soon, itīs an everyday-fdt both for daytime, and also like said, buildable for night.
I applied with fingers, and stippled in a tiny, tiny bit of loose powder to set it all.....and voila, itīs awsome!! :) You really have to set this fdt with loose powder, beacuse itīs really moist....but by all means, NOT too much powder, then you loose the super dewy finish!! Love, love, love....probably my new HG....

Edit: Used this for a while now, and I notice that the stayingpower is so-so. Itīs also a must to set this with loose powder, or else my skin turns kind of shiny in some areas after some hours. Else, I still love it, my skin looks younger with this on! Amazing!

Edit: taking off one lippie - due to difficult to match color properly. It`s also too yellow on me...