October 25, 2014 | 1863 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2013 6:40:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these! I have always been a lip balm tint girl, but really great ones are hard to find. I have lipstick, but I never really reach for them. These are amazing lip products! Some say that they don't feel at all "buttery", but I find that they are for me. They have the perfect feel. They're also highly pigmented, so what you see is what you get! They can be applied lightly for a more natural look, depending on how you want them to appear. No, I don't expect these do last hours upon hours, and they don't. Neither do most lip products. No funny smell or taste. The packaging is freaking adorable! They're everything I ever wanted in a lip product.

I wasn't buying the hype when these first hit the market. I already had 20+ lipsticks I never touch. I didn't need any more stuff. I have always wanted a highly pigmented, coral-y, juicy, reddish-orange lip color forever, and never could find one. I bought Candy Apple randomly one day and it was perfection. I've never been more in love with this color! I also own Lollipop and Sweet Tart and they're just as great! I plan on getting a few more!

Edit: 1/16/14 I STILL love these! I bought Fig Jam as well and, just WOW. I hope these never go off the market! I'm super pale, but this is one of the most flattering colors that I would have NEVER thought would look good me. I want them all now.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by snowpaum

I am very sensitive to smell that I can't collect drugstore lipsticks in general because they smell so bad. I tried this revlon without any high expectations, but turns out this is the best drugstore lip product I've ever used! This doesn't smell, which is a huge plus for me, and conditions lips with a right amount of color. You will never regret buying this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Eleanor_The_Cute

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is great stuff. I have tried maybe a third of the available shades and there are several which I go well with my very fair skin and work with both cool and warm undertones. My favorite is Pink Truffle: it is super creamy, no shimmer that I can see, ultra moisturizing, and a good neutral color which fades to a nice natural stain. The price is usually around $5.50 - $7, depending on where I shop. Last time I bought some, HEB had coupons for $3 off, so I got them for roughly $2.50 each, YAY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by pgloe16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a Cherry Chapstick girl who has been refusing to grow up and use lipstick. One reason being I hate the way lipsticks can be so drying. I also hate the smell and taste of some lipsticks. Finally, I like more natural finishes, so I'm not a fan of a thick, opaque layer of color. Lip glosses can be tacky and sticky and who likes it when their hair sticks to their lips? Tinted lip balms often come in limited colors and sometimes are not pigmented enough.

Revlon Lip Butters are great because they're the best of both worlds. Some of the colors are dense and pack a lot of pigmentation like traditional lipsticks, but with better lip feel. Other colors are sheerer and go on like tinted lip balms, but with longer staying power. These feel great going on, have no taste or scent and can rival some high end lip products in terms of pigmentation and hydration.

I have four shades and they are in constant rotation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/10/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by edmineralsgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First things first, this is NOT a lipstick and it is NOT a lip balm. It is meant to give sheer color and lightly moisturize lips. If you are looking for good long lasting color or a moisturizing balm, this is not for you. I have this lip butter in Lollipop. My lips are slightly pigmented (medium tan skin) so this comes off a dark fuschia / magenta-red depending on the lighting. I do not have very dry lips, so this provides a good amount of moisture for me. Lollipop lasted about 5 hours before it wore off, but it still left a nice pink stain. I applied some regular chapstick over it and it looked fresh again. If you don't like lipstick, give this a try. It's not as pigmented as lipstick, which makes it super casual. Like I said before, if you are looking to moisturize your lips, use a regular balm under or over this lip butter!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 11:28:00 AM More reviews by arnoldc5

Obsessed, obsessed, obsessed. I will eventually have every shade because I love them so much!

1) Great color pay off
2) So moist and hydrating on your lips
3) Wears really well
4) Easy to apply on the go without worrying about precision
5) Very affordable!

**DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU DECIDE WHERE YOU'RE GOING TO PURCHASE THIS PRODUCT**

I live in the Midwest and I have seen Revlon Lip Butter for anywhere from $5.99-$8.99. I have found they are the least expensive at grocery stores. Avoid purchasing at CVS, I have never seen Revlon Lip Butter for less than $8.60ish there! If you can save $2-$3 on one product that you can to towards another product, why not?!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by linerfreakxx7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yay I finally bought a lip butter! I tried the L'Oreal Color Riche Balm and wasn't too impressed with its moisture (still a great product). My lips are so dry and cracked it hurts. I have to apply lip balm every ten minutes and if there were a prescription lip balm, I'd be all up in that. But for now, I have to invest in Revlon Lip Butters.
I have heard so many great things about lip butters. I mean, the name just sounds so moisturizing, doesn't it? I'm so stubborn about paying over $6 for a lip product (so cheap!!!) that I hesitated buying it. But I gave in and never looked back.
I've had it for a week and my lips no longer are totally cracked. Still dry, but these lip butters soothe my lips and add as much color as a great lipstick. These colors look great on most skin types and definitely keep your pout soft. Go get this right now!

And a bonus is the staying power! This lasts all day. I still had the same Berry Smoothie color from the morning all the way until I washed my face at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Bree727

I love these! I fell in love with the packaging right away, so cute. The smell, taste, and color are perfect and it goes on smooth and creamy. The only complaint I have is it starts to feel a little sticky sometimes after having it on for a while, but applying lip balm underneath and/or adding a non-sticky gloss over helps with the stickiness a lot.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by katielouiseoct86

I absolutely love these. I just keep buying them! Very moisturizing with a large color selection. They don't stay on too long but I don't mind reapplying because they feel so good on my lips :] I also love putting these over my lipsticks for more moisture. I love how the packaging matches the lip color. They are pretty pigmented some more so than others. I find Red Velvet, Lollipop, and Sweet Tart to be the most pigmented. The more pigmented ones also tend to leave a nice stain on the lips after they wear off which is a plus!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by macmaniac43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought the Revlon Lip butter in Cupcake and Creamsickle. The color pay-off is really good. It is not 100% opaque, but it still gives you great color. They aren't sheer. They are moisturizing, and come in beautiful colors and cute packaging. The ONLY downside is the lasting power. I personally don't think they last very long, 20 mins max. I wish they lasted longer on my lips. Other than that, this is a great product and I highly recommend them.