Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

I use the light in winter, and the medium in summer.

I put it over my high protection sunscreen- I don't rely on it for sun protection!

It gives me the perfect amount of cover, (I don't need much), and gives me a nice even glowy complexion.

For the price, I don't think you could do better!

on 9/7/2013 1:20:00 PM

LOVE IT.

Keep in mind I don't a lot of acne problems other than some scarring from my days as a teen, but I absolutely love the overall coverage this particular BB cream provides. I put a light moisturizer on underneath, wait for that to dry and then apply the BB cream. It does give me a bit of a "dewy" look, but I like it. I work in nursing and work 12.5 hour shifts and my makeup still looks great at the end of the day and really stands up to me running around like a crazy person.

I will say that I typically would only use this for days when I don't need a more dramatic look. If I were going out to dinner or dressing up for any reason, I would use a foundation as this doesn't really give much more than polished/lighter look.

The only con I have is that it kinda smells funny and the smell hangs a bit when you first use it. Now, after using this for 3 weeks almost daily, I don't even notice it.

I will definitely be repurchasing.

on 9/6/2013 4:09:00 AM

Amazing :) spent hundreds on expensive primers and creams in the past that just slip off! This is great worn alone, or under foundation. I have pigment on my cheeks so i so need foundation, but i also use this while I'm at home so i don't feel as self conscious without foundation. My sister had bad acne and this seems to have helped smooth her skin

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been alternating between this Garnier BB cream and the one for acne-prone skin on days I have breakouts. It's the first and only BB cream I've used and it's pretty decent. It doesn't make me breakout, it provides pretty ok coverage (but then again I don't like heavy makeup), and I love that it's got an SPF in it (Aussie sun is no laughing matter!) I don't find it particularily moisturizing so I use either a serum or light moisturizer about 10 minutes prior to using the bb cream. I also find I need to use a pressed powder on top otherwise it leaves a pretty shiny finish. It's got a pretty light scent that goes away once the product dries, the tone matches my skin well, and I like that it evens and smooths the redness in my face without being a heavy foundation.
Overall it's a good product for a good price, I'm tempted to try other brand's bb's but I'll likely end up buying this one again.

on 8/25/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I constantly go back for this every time I run out, I've tried numerous of bb creams or tinted moisturisers but this is definitely my fave! I tried the one for oily-combination skin and it was alright but clung to any dry spots I had. If you want light-medium coverage, no irritation, no increase in breakouts or breathable glowing skin I would highly recommend you give this a go.!!

on 8/18/2013 11:28:00 AM

Preface: On the hunt for perfect foundation. I have fair, dry-combination skin, with a few red marks in my cheek/nose area. Other than that, I do not need a full-coverage product, just something that evens, covers where it needs to, and sinks into my skin correctly.

This product covers well for a BB cream (to be honest, I actually think it covers better than Lorac's CC cream, which is supposed to color-correct more). It's a little dark for my face, so I really only use it in the summer, and have to make sure it doesn't look to orangy - but I suppose that's only because I'm very pale. Other than that, if I do have a little tan, it gives a nice glow.
But here's my biggest problem with this product: it leaves your face dewy -- very dewy. Maybe to the point of oily. In fact, it's gotten to the point that (summer only) I only use it on the apples of my cheeks as a bronzer, then have to cover it with powder so I don't look like my face is sweating. God forbid I put this on my nose.
But I'm stuck here, because it DOES leave a nice glow on my cheeks, and makes them look a little tanned. I really wish I could find a BB that has this amount of coverage & color
(ok, maybe a little lighter on the color for me, specifically). So here's the bottom line:

Verdict: I basically use this for off-label use. No way I can use this all over my face because it's too greasy, but if I use powder I can get away with wearing it as a bronzer on my cheeks. I might repurchase, but only because it's cheap and better than any bronzer I've used. Chances are, I'll keep looking.

on 8/17/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this everyday. It is thick but, I dampen a cosmetic sponge and smooth it out and it gives me just the right natural coverage.

on 8/11/2013 4:26:00 AM

too thick for me, my prference is the lighter feel creams. thick texture but summertime+ my oily forehead= messy/runny/blotchy. tried the one made for combo skin and it is slightly better but it still just doesnt work for me, and the new one for combo skin the liquid spills easily

on 8/8/2013 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this on sale for $13 at Walmart and I wasn't a big a fan of this product because it left me looking oily even though I have fairly normal skin. I applied setting powder and some bronzer on top of it. I accidentally squirted a little too much and the packaging prevented me from putting the extra back into the tube so I had to use all of it all over my face. Unlike the bb creams from Asia, this didn't give me that grey cast/fake look on my face or did it make me look white as a ghost that some bb creams tend to do when I try to build up any coverage. I went to the gym with it out and it lasted decently through. I would repurchase this again assuming this does not have any negative side effects on my skin.

on 8/7/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm maybe an NC20 or lighter, so light/medium was obviously way too dark and orange-y for my skin. I have a lot of red marks(a mix of under the skin acne and acne scars) which it didn't even begin to cover. It was too thick to spread evenly with my fingers(or a brush as a matter of fact, even when I thinned it out with sunscreen) and felt super greasy. It felt really heavy on my skin, too, and left awful residue on my fingers whenever I touched my face. The smell wasn't unpleasant, but was so strong it gave me a headache.
As for the skin-perfecting effect, I can't say. I used it twice and then never again, and won't be. I hate to waste 13$ but god this was awful.