Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 8/2/2013 10:31:00 PM

This is great stuff!! I bought this two weeks ago at Rite-Aid for $7, on sale. Didn't read the reviews until after purchase, so I was really expecting to be disappointed. Maybe it's because my skin is more "mature," but this is the bomb. My complexion is, on a good day, splotchy, dull and uneven. When I wear this it is smooth, dewy and soft. I have large nose pores and this makes them MUCH less noticeable. To apply, I dot a very small amount all over, from hairline to jawline and blend with my fingers. I can't believe how well it covers AND enhances. It's almost weightless, but even in steamy Charleston, SC, it stays put all day with no itching or smearing. I'm going to repurchase before it's discontinued.

on 7/31/2013 8:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

I wouldn't really call this a BB cream. Its more of a tinted moisturiser. It did nothing for my skin except leave it greasy. I got it in the color medium and it blended well. I decided to try mixing it into my MAC prolongwear since the prolongwear is pretty thick and a tad light for my skin. It worked well to make it more blendable. I won't be purchasing because its a bit too pricey and I no longer use the prolongwear

on 7/30/2013 11:04:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

So far, I'm not a fan. I have dry skin, but this looked super greasy and didn't spread well. It didn't give very much coverage for my acne scars. I couldn't find a light shade in the dry skin formula, and light medium is too dark for my skin. I may buy a lighter powder and see if that helps at all with the greasiness and colour, but I may just throw it out. I hate to waste 13$, but so far I'm really not liking this.

edit: also, the strong, citrusy smell doesn't go away for me, and even though it's a pleasant smell to me, it's too strong to be directly under my nose. As I'm writing this, I'm suffering from a terrible headache and with every breath I'm getting A whiff of that fragrance

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I usually use Skin79 Gold BB cream but found it to be too light in color for summer so I purchased this. At first I loved it and even considered switching to this BB cream completely since it was more convenient and the price was fair. The coverage was light, it blended well, moisturized well and lasted all day with no creasing. Then about 2 weeks in to wearing it on a daily basis my usually normal/dry skin suddenly became very oily and I broke out . I stopped using my daily moisturizer thinking maybe the two combined was just too much moisture for my skin, but still... too oily.

Update: Okay, it's only been a few days but I have to re-review this. I was using this BB cream with PF MineralWear powder applied with the MAC 187 before and I think those may have been the culprits. I switched to PF CoverToxTen powder with a brand new ELF studio powder brush and so far so good. My skin actually looks fabulous. Very smooth, very natural. The break outs have not come back and since I quit using my morning moisturizer before this there hasn't been any excessive oil. My skin is also looking a lot healthier bare as well so I think this BB cream is doing something. Maybe my skin just needed time to adjust from the old routine? Glad I stuck with it a while longer. It's not my HG BB cream but it's growing on me.

I'd also like to add that I really think these Garnier BB creams are best suited for women 30+ because they're so moisturizing and younger acne prone skin may react to it more easily. My boyfriend's 65 year old mother uses this BB and loves it. It looks fabulous on her (which is why I bought it to begin with) so if you're 35+ I really wouldn't hesitate to try this.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was absolutely horrible for me.
It made my face look like an oil slicked orange.
I have pretty dry skin so I figured that this would work decent for me, boy was I wrong.
Within 10 minutes it oxidized to an orange tint on my skin and within 3 days I had horribly clogged pores.
I ended up giving it to my mom, who tossed it because it did the same to her.

on 7/28/2013 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I dont really use this product much as it feels really greasy and it doesn't really make much difference to my face. I have this in the colour 0-3 medium. I bought it in the winter as I thought it would moisturise my skin as well as giving me a slight glow but it didn't. I couldn't really see any difference! It smells nice but I would not buy this again.

This is a great product. I have normal-dry skin, so I don't really have oil control issues with this. It pretty good coverage and a lovely finish. I noticed a big improvement in my skin after I ditched foundation and started using this. My friend with oily skin had breakouts from this but she LOVED the shine control one. She says its just as good as the Dr. Jarts BB Cream so if's nice that Garnier came out with versions for all skin types. I will say that light/medium may be a bit dark for paler people, since my mom tried using it and thought it was too dark.

on 7/23/2013 2:16:00 PM

I really like this product. When I first bought it this winter, it was perfect for my skin and made it look like I had no make up on. However, the only downfall was the consistency of the product. I personally felt that in the summer it made my skin look oily. When I wore it and talked on the phone, it would leave product on the screen. It was quite watery compared to the other BB creams I have tried. I don't have much acne, so I don't need a lot of coverage so I made do with it. If you do suffer from acne, this won't do much for you. It is a good base for bronzer or powder, and is better than slathering on the foundation. I would recommend this to someone who is just looking for a natural makeup look, and doesn't have oily skin.

on 7/19/2013 5:33:00 PM

I absolutely hate this product. It literally feels like I'm smearing grease on my face, and it is extremely shiny, even on my flakey, super-dry areas, so you'll need to powder A LOT, just to get a dewy finish. In addition to that, the colour range is terrible. It comes in two shades, light and medium. The two shades are very similar, and quite dark. Bottom line is that I would not recommend this product to anyone.

on 7/18/2013 8:05:00 PM

I needed to buy a different BB Cream since I was worried about school picture day (I wear BB Cream instead of foundation but my Maybelline one had too high of SPF for pictures) so I decided to get the Garnier one. I like how the BB Cream blends nicely into my skin and the color matches really well. I felt like the BB Cream was a little too oily even on my dry skin (from being on Accutane) but when I put a powder to set the cream, it wasn't as oily. Since Maybelline's BB Cream is more liquidy, I wasn't used to this creamy and thick BB Cream. Once you blend it, it's obviously more smoother/liquidy. I guess I'll just have to get used to thicker BB Cream. :/
Overall, it does give adequate coverage but does not fully cover my acne spots and redness. Pretty good for a drugstore BB though! (But a little pricey for my taste)