Garnier BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

2.8

on 8/25/2013 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I constantly go back for this every time I run out, I've tried numerous of bb creams or tinted moisturisers but this is definitely my fave! I tried the one for oily-combination skin and it was alright but clung to any dry spots I had. If you want light-medium coverage, no irritation, no increase in breakouts or breathable glowing skin I would highly recommend you give this a go.!!

on 8/18/2013 11:28:00 AM

Preface: On the hunt for perfect foundation. I have fair, dry-combination skin, with a few red marks in my cheek/nose area. Other than that, I do not need a full-coverage product, just something that evens, covers where it needs to, and sinks into my skin correctly.

This product covers well for a BB cream (to be honest, I actually think it covers better than Lorac's CC cream, which is supposed to color-correct more). It's a little dark for my face, so I really only use it in the summer, and have to make sure it doesn't look to orangy - but I suppose that's only because I'm very pale. Other than that, if I do have a little tan, it gives a nice glow.
But here's my biggest problem with this product: it leaves your face dewy -- very dewy. Maybe to the point of oily. In fact, it's gotten to the point that (summer only) I only use it on the apples of my cheeks as a bronzer, then have to cover it with powder so I don't look like my face is sweating. God forbid I put this on my nose.
But I'm stuck here, because it DOES leave a nice glow on my cheeks, and makes them look a little tanned. I really wish I could find a BB that has this amount of coverage & color
(ok, maybe a little lighter on the color for me, specifically). So here's the bottom line:

Verdict: I basically use this for off-label use. No way I can use this all over my face because it's too greasy, but if I use powder I can get away with wearing it as a bronzer on my cheeks. I might repurchase, but only because it's cheap and better than any bronzer I've used. Chances are, I'll keep looking.

on 8/17/2013 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this everyday. It is thick but, I dampen a cosmetic sponge and smooth it out and it gives me just the right natural coverage.

on 8/11/2013 4:26:00 AM

too thick for me, my prference is the lighter feel creams. thick texture but summertime+ my oily forehead= messy/runny/blotchy. tried the one made for combo skin and it is slightly better but it still just doesnt work for me, and the new one for combo skin the liquid spills easily

on 8/8/2013 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this on sale for $13 at Walmart and I wasn't a big a fan of this product because it left me looking oily even though I have fairly normal skin. I applied setting powder and some bronzer on top of it. I accidentally squirted a little too much and the packaging prevented me from putting the extra back into the tube so I had to use all of it all over my face. Unlike the bb creams from Asia, this didn't give me that grey cast/fake look on my face or did it make me look white as a ghost that some bb creams tend to do when I try to build up any coverage. I went to the gym with it out and it lasted decently through. I would repurchase this again assuming this does not have any negative side effects on my skin.

on 8/7/2013 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm maybe an NC20 or lighter, so light/medium was obviously way too dark and orange-y for my skin. I have a lot of red marks(a mix of under the skin acne and acne scars) which it didn't even begin to cover. It was too thick to spread evenly with my fingers(or a brush as a matter of fact, even when I thinned it out with sunscreen) and felt super greasy. It felt really heavy on my skin, too, and left awful residue on my fingers whenever I touched my face. The smell wasn't unpleasant, but was so strong it gave me a headache.
As for the skin-perfecting effect, I can't say. I used it twice and then never again, and won't be. I hate to waste 13$ but god this was awful.

on 8/7/2013 10:28:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I purchased the light color and still way to dark and orange color for me (nc25), just didnt work for me, manages to be heavy while at the same time covering nothing! will not re-purchase.

What the heck? This product was awful! First, it does not hydrate my skin, at all. Doesn't prime, or cover? I cannot believe I left my house with this on my face, i thought it would have settled in but nope. This is the type of foundation look -- when your standing in light it looks all gray. I looked like a greasy chalky mess. This BB cream doesn't blend whatsoever. Well, I'm going to try a better brand of a BB cream, I hate Garnier anyways.

on 8/6/2013 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I use this BB cream as a light foundation below powder. The coverage is light and it moisterizes and has SPF. There is also a green tea smell which I love. This is the cheapest drugstore BB cream I have found

on 8/6/2013 10:42:00 AM

I did not like this bb cream at all. It did not blend well, the color looked unnatural, and the coverage was poor. I've heard so many great things about bb cream but this was just a huge disappointment. Especially the color of this product, it was almost like a bad self tanner it gave me an orangey glow (ew). The price was right though but unfortunately I will not be repurchasing this product.