July 23, 2014 | 1946 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector - Light/Medium

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by lolliepoppies

I'm asian and got the medium shade but it's top dark for me :( it's like a tinted moisturiser not on the bb cream side. Good thing that it didn't broke me out

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 5:03:00 AM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

I don't really know why this is getting such low reviews except for the Asian BB cream craze. Personally, I can't use them... considering I'm multi-racial and it's hard enough to find a match for my light olive complexion among American makeup products. But I also am more of a tinted moisturizer fan than I am a foundation fan, and I find many BB creams on the market are just too heavy to be comfortable for me. The Garnier BB cream has turned out to be a perfect fit for me - it's lightweight and soaks right in to my skin like a moisturizer, but leaves behind fine light reflecting pigment that makes a noticeable difference in my complexion, leaving it smoother and brighter and minimizing pores... this alone makes such an improvement that the lack of coverage isn't missed at all. If I need coverage that badly, I have concealer for that. But with this cream, even if I'm in a rush (single mommy, it happens a lot) I can just use this as my normal morning skin care regimen (moisturizer) and go... knowing that I STILL look a lot better than I would without "makeup"... but it doesn't feel like makeup at all... I don't feel it on my face at all.

The SPF is a bonus... I don't need a heavy SPF... and the titanium and zinc ones tend to make me break out... so the oxy in this is perfect for me. And FYI, the SPF factor does not mean ANYTHING in regards to how well a product protects your skin from the sun. It translates in to how many HOURS it will protect you. SPF 15 is good enough for most people unless you plan on being under a sun lamp overnight or something. Some people have such lily white skin that they need a higher SPF, but that isn't the case for most people. There really should NOT be so many negatives being given for this being only SPF 15. MOST makeup products are only SPF 15 anyways....

As a moisturizer, I must say this is excellent. It hasn't agitated my skin or caused breakouts, and it balances my skin well enough that I'm pretty much at the same oil content at the end of the day as I was at the start (i.e. no oil slicks around my T zone). It's actually improved my skin texture over time by minimizing pores, smoothing fine lines, and generally brightening my complexion. I even look good without it now. :) And it's done wonders for my neck, which was suffering from years of neglect (it wasn't until my mid-twenties that I figured out I needed to be treating my neck along with my face). It may not pack the MOST skin beneficial ingredients, but it certainly does pack the important ones... like vitamin C for example, which can help reverse skin damage. While it may be lacking for those 40+, I can definitely see it being a good fit for the 20-30+ crowd.

BTW, I'm turning 30 this year, and I look like I'm still in my teens. I've taken VERY good care of my skin through tons of self education from my early teens on up. Don't fall in to the hype and just go for products that list the most "natural" ingredients or some BS like that. Actually learn what those ingredients do... how they affect your skin... so when you shop for a new product, you can read the ingredient list and have a good idea of what that product is actually capable of (and also know what ingredients to steer clear of). A BB cream isn't meant to be some sort of miracle whip. It's just meant to make your makeup routine a little simpler. Your REAL skin treatment should be coming in to play at night while you sleep, ANYWAYS, since that's when your skin actually replenishes itself.

BTW, CVS recently released their own version of this BB cream which I must say is quite good. I got it BOGO or something like that plus $2 instant coupons on ea. so I almost got them for free. If I remember correctly, the normal price is $10, so it's quite a good deal in comparison to Garnier's retail price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ifthe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think I would've rated this a bit higher if I hadn't just tried several of the Skin79 BB Creams. Itís true that once you try a proper Asian BB cream youíll realize that most of what is on the American market is nothing but re-labeled tinted moisturizer!

First of all, this has no coverage. The BB I tried from Skin79 had anywhere from light to a very solid medium coverage. You get none of the evening, brightening and smoothing effect you get from the Skin79 creams, either. The texture of the Garnier is smooth and gel like, but not nearly as nice as the Korean brand. They all had the texture of a luxury product.

The fragrance is very strong in the Garnier product as well. The Skin79 creams all had fragrance too, but not nearly as strong. I wish they would all just leave the fragrance out, as we all know this is the biggest offender when it comes to skin irritation.
Another big factor to consider is Garnierís low 15 SPF, especially considering none of the Skin79's went below 25 SPF. It's also worth noting that Garnier's SPF is primarily chemical (Octinoxate). Although I didn't seem to have any reaction I still prefer the physical sunscreens (titanium dioxide and zinc oxide) provided by the Skin79 creams. My rosacea seems to be much more controllable when I use physical sunscreens.

What cinches the deal for me is the list of ingredients. Admittedly, one is applying so little of either product it probably doesn't make much difference anyway, but Skin79 actually has many excellent ingredients such as Coenzyme Q10, ceramides, aloe, green tea extracts, vitamin c and such. Garnierís ingredient list is not nearly as impressive.

I hate to jump on the bandwagon here, but skip this and buy an actual BB cream. I got mine on eBay for not much more than the cost of the Garnier!

(I went through a wonderful seller on eBay. Both the full size products I ordered were fresh and authentic AND I got no less than 8 samples of various other BB Creams. The seller is located in the US, so it only took about 4 days for my order to arrive. I donít want to list the name of the seller in my review because I donít want to be accused of advertising, but anyone who would like the name of this seller is welcome to MUA mail me.)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Vdiva

absolutely love this product! goes on smooth, blends well, hydrates skin and smells really good! I use it on top of a light moisterizer as a primes and concealer then finish of with a rice powder when I want less of a dewy look:) I have sensative skin and find this product very light and does not clog pores! The price point is very affordable and the cream is quite large, lasts long..

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by JoyaJay

PRO
- none

CON
- So greasy and smeary
- Very chemical smell
- Medium shade is very orange and oxidied on me
- Very powdery finish
- Very very little coverage
- Only 2 shades available, both on the extreme side
- Hard to blend nicely

Massive no-no product, don't waste your money on it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Turned me into a greasy puddle and provided zero coverage. Apparently Garnier has a new formula for oily/combination skins that is getting good reviews, but do I really want to take another $20 chance? No thanks.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Fark222

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this product when it first came out and it wasn't cheap (about $15 dollars). I had also assumed since it claimed to "protect" skin that there must be some sort of sunscreen in it, but upon further inspection it appeared that was not the case.

When I actually tried out the product it was halfway decent for about 2 or 3 uses (albiet, runny), but the more I used it, the more orange the product started to look on my skin. I was already taking a gamble, since the box claimed to cater to light/medium skintones while I am very fair-skinned.

Overall, I did not consider the product to be worth the price, and it didn't do much for me. I thought there would be more benefits to the cream, but it just left my face greasy and orange.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Horrible product!

First of all this is not cheap, this was over $15..and at Wal Mart! where everything is cheaper..but I decided to give this a go anyway and just keep the receipt in case, and am I glad I did! def. returning this.

First when I got it out of the box I shook it and noticed it sounded very liquidy like there was water inside. Then I opened it up and right away noticed there was foundation all over the cap area..

Then I decided to apply this with my fingers, so I squeezed some out slowly and even that was too much because this stuff comes out super fast! it's very runny and liquidy, even as I dabbed some on my face it was starting to slide down..
Then as I was blending..I noticed the color was pure orange! not a little bit orange, not a hint of orange tones..but pure orange! there was no other color in it..I promise you!
But I decided to blend it out anyways and see how it applies at least, the coverage/finish etc.

omg! nightmare! pure nightmare! so I started with my cheeks and then went up to my forehead...meanwhile my cheeks were uneven! this does NOT apply evenly..I looked like I had orange streaks on my face because it did not cover my entire face it kept missing spots and going everywhere..oh my goodness..I wouldn't even call this a tinted moisturizer I would call this water with orange paint.
After I finished..or TRIED to finish applying this all over my face in the end it looked like someone took a tissue and wiped my face with it..it was that uneven I'm serious! I was shocked..I couldn't understand what was wrong with this product..too much water maybe? that's usually what happens..

So..right away I had to wipe this off! I could not let this sit on my face any longer I looked like an oompa loompa..except worse! with a streaky orange face..omg! I just can't get over how bad it looked..
it covered nothing! it didn't stay on my face even as I was applying/blending it out..wow..I can honestly say I have never encountered a product this bad..

I will def. not repurchase this again. I will be returning it.
I would not recommend this to anyone, this product has no purpose.
Very expensive for what it is/and does..not worth a penny.
Pretty disappointed..I had high hopes.
This does not deserve 1 lippie.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:27:00 AM More reviews by mellyru

This bb cream was a no go for me. The stuff kept pooling in the cap if stored right side up.
When i applied it, it went on smoothly, evened out skin tone and concealed really well, but it turned my face a whole shade lighter and pronounced my wrinkles and pores like no other. Got this i light/medium as medium/deep was too dark.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by scarlett65289

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

So recently I bought this product and so far I am liking it, I find it where I live way too pricey for the actual product but ya this is a good product for dry/normal skin, I definitely recommend a moisturizer before applying it other wise it's harder to blend EVEN with you fingers! After the first couple mins you apply it, it may look a little "dry" or too matte but after a while it adjusts to your face making a dewy healthy glow! Throughout the day it evened out my skin tone but not with my under eye bags but that's okay... So far THUMBS UP! I recommend it!