April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup [Discontinued and Reformulated Early 2013]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Shasta333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. I like to try different ones just to experiment and see if there is something better, but always come back to this one. My face gets super oily with most foundations and even with no makeup, but this seems to keep it under control. Also it covers very well without looking like a lot of makeup. I use the revlon colorstay pressed powder to set it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Vickysolegit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product . For a pharmacy makeup I thought it was amazing ! It stayed on my face all day . I always put a light powder over my foundations to set it and to remove any shiny spots . Using that it looked great . But I am young & are very prone to acne marks so I just put a little concealer on my marks & discoloration to make it look really nice

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Bazingaaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant foundation for a night out/ all day event as it doesn't budge or oxidise! A wide range of colours, and two different formulas for dry and oily skin which is great! I think its only spf 6 which is handy for photos. It doesn't come with a pump which is off putting as its unhygienic, but I bought a plastic pump bottle off ebay for about £2 and transferred it into that

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Eugeneee

Very good coverage but hard to remove :-( apart from that it is amazing foundation considering its price (also very very long lasting)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Vallim

Feels like a little too heavy on the skin. Hard to apply with just fingers. The thing I hate most is that it oxidizes so quickly. It makes me look like oompa loompa in minutes!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by raco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to think I had complete greaseball skin - Then I tried this product and realized that I was just using all the wrong products before. It's the first foundation I've used that actually didn't make my skin totally shiny. I've enjoyed using this product but I'm ready to move onto something better - Ironically, it didn't stay on my skin very well. If I accidentally swiped my hand across my nose, it would leave skid marks. So basically, if I was careful and didn't touch my face, it would be fine. I also found that I had to use a lot to build up on any discolored spots or zits - I was sort of piling it on. With that said, it's a good heavier foundation that goes on pretty naturally. I just think I can find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by Kokopig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Could this be one of the best foundations in the universe?! Quite possibly! Being of very fair skin I find it quite hard to find a liquid foundation that will match me perfectly and deal with my oily t-zone without melting off my face by lunch time! I was thrilled when I discovered Revlon color stay makeup for combo/oily skin! I use the lightest shade (110 ivory) which has a pleasant make-uppy smell. Application is always very smooth (I use fingers or a brush to apply) the only problem being the lack of a pump dispenser, as many have already mentioned! I have no issues with caking and oily areas and kept at bay all day with a lightweight smooth feel! Not one to miss! I LOVE it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2013 9:46:00 AM More reviews by ashmoe22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have been using this foundation now for about 4 years. I get very oily around my t-zone, and this stuff makes it so that I only have to blot 2 or 3 times a day. It stays on throughout an entire work day without melting off or separating. I'm pretty fair, so I use the lightest shade (Ivory). I have tried other long wearing foundations, but this one is the best one I have come across for the price. LIke many people, I wish the bottle had a pump on it, but other than that, I can't complain.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by jenzie92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I do love this foundation! I find the coverage, the longevity is fantastic and just what I need for an 8 hour shift at work. Its literally the only foundation that doesnt go all gammy in the corners if my nose! And I've got normal skin! The only issue I have with Revlon Colorstay is the shade range! It's great if you have pink/beige undertones, but for us yellow toned girls? Nothing! So what I do is I use the shade Buff, and mix it with Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC15 to yellow it out a bit and the overall colour is much better. I always found just using Revlon all by itself, my skin looked ashy and grey by the end of the day which wasn't working too well with my yellow neck!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by nickyny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ladies, first I want to mention that I never wrote a review on a make up product before but was motivated to do it as a WARNING to others. Let me begin by saying that I never suffered from acne and Im not acne prone except for a pimple here and there before my period. I have used in the past all types of foundations from cream to liquid from Lancome to Mac and never had issues. I bought this because I heard good things about it and plus it's much cheaper than brand name foundations. The first month or so I didn't have any problems with it aside that it did make me look cakey and the color was wrong for my skin tone. After that I started to break out so bad I cried myself to sleep!!! It was so bad, not just little pimples but huge, red, painful zits! Mostly on the cheeks area. It went on for 2 months, one after another. I couldn't figure out what was going on, I am a healthy female with normal hormones, I even went for a check up to see if something was just wrong with me health wise, nope. It then occurred to me that it's this crap foundation that was causing this. I stopped using it immediately and my skin cleared out in a week. I don't know why it affects some people and not others but I have never suffered from such acne in my life, not even when I was a teenager! I would never recommend this to anyone unless I want to see them totally miserable. AVOID this product!!