December 21, 2014 | 814 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Princesska

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although this foundations is very drying as it has quite a decent amount of alcohol in it, it does not produce a matte finish for those who have oily skin. My skin looks like my face has been sweating a bit. I prefer Armani Face Fabric to this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by surfinjan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I conducted some serious research before purchasing this foundation, however, I didn't know that one needs to match Chanel vitalumiere foundations to B or BR the way one would match MAC to an NC or NW. I think with Chanel I am between the B and BR and really need two.

The texture of this foundation is very smooth and soothing to my skin, which tends to be very sensitive. It is a light-to-medium coverage make-up, but effective enough that I need very little concealer once I apply this.

I like the effect in sunlight as well as artificial light even if the color is a little pinkish on me. I mix it with a drop of my regular MAC NC foundations, and the color adjusts very well.
The look is slightly dewy, which I like. It simmers down to a matte with an thin layer of powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 6:37:00 PM More reviews by hollyms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is much lighter coverage than I'm used to. It's really like a tinted moisturizer. I do like that look for everyday, though. It gives a very thin, natural coverage that does indeed look like real skin. The finish is nice and healthy. That being said, there are a few problems I noticed with it. One, I really need to wear a primer with it because it accentuates some pores on my nose. I never normally have this problem with foundations and do not have very large pores. But oh well. The packaging on this product isn't quite what I'd expect from Chanel, but it's easy enough to carry for every day I guess. It's also quite a hassle to make sure you shake it enough (about 1 minute) before every application.

Overall, the foundation is definitely pretty and longlasting, but I'm not sure I'd buy it again. I remember the old Korres Watermelon TM used to work better than this for me. Still, I don't regret buying.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by odylicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I got the Vitalumiere Aqua in Beige and it looks amazing on me. like a fresher, smoother, but still natural version of my skin. It did break me out really badly - I got two huge zits on my nose and forehead. At first I thought it was the new moisturizer I started using, so I stopped using that. I continued using the Vitalumiere and got yet another zit, so I decided to take break using it and only whipped it out on special occasions, but even after just one use, I got hige pimples. It's very disappointing because it's so expensive and not "skin perfecting" on me at all. It may work on others, but it was disastrous on me. I was blinded by its Chanel label and how great my skin looked when I tested it on the counter, so I didn't bother checking if it was non-comedogenic at all. Now I'm left with overpriced leftovers of this product

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by dialore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I do believe is for people who like to go for the more natural look. Its a light weight foundation, I personally don´t like to wear a lot of makeup and that is the reason it works great. If you are looking for something to cover imperfections or thicker layer this is not for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by selena248

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation. I've been using Bourjois 10 Hr Sleep effect and that's my go-to. I have super dry skin so it's hard to find a foundation that does not cake up or flake on me. I've also tried the Loreal Lumi foundation. that slips off my face and i don't have oily skin at all. I like VitaLumiere better because it gives more coverage and i only need a pea size (i use 1 pump for the 10 hr). I find using your hands is the best way to apply. Its in a plastic bottle, cheap looking for Chanel but its travel friendly. the smell is like all Chanel foundation, i don't mind the smell so its fine. Staying power is good last about 8-10 hrs for me. The only bad thing is the color selection sucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by MarieV96

I got this foundation with very high expectations, obviously because it's Chanel. But I'm actually a little bit let down about it. I don't really like the formula, while everybody was waving about this foundation. I don't say that it isn't a good foundation, because it is. But for me, there are lots of other foundations that are less expensive and as good or even better as the Chanel one. So for me it was a bit of a waste of money. For me this foundation doesn't really work out, but I'm sure it does for someone else!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by crystaldw

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this in B30, im thinking I shoulda got B40 or higher(I think they go as high as B50?) Its a beatiul foundation a sumwhat sheer-med coverage.feels silky on you're fingers.goes on nicely.good slip.feels like you dont hae anything on..I never thought estee lauder DW&DW light felt heavy& dry tell I put this baby on..unfortunately I wish it had just a bit more coverage that last a little longer.im not oily or sweaty but it did fade after 5 hours but it faded nicely just needed to add a bit more on my cheek area where I need coverage the most& I dont like using concealer. Finish is a nice & natural with mabey a hint of glow or powder..it hard to decide as it looks both at difrent times.feels very moisturizing but this isnt oily glowy at all for my sumwhat normal/sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 4:21:00 AM More reviews by laurakaaay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation while I was randomly out and about with my family. I had heard the hype about it, and I knew I had to try it. I have previously owned MAC foundations exclusively, and this was a LOVELY change. I will never go back to the bulk standard/boring/lacklustre MAC foundations. I'm NC45 (in summer) in MAC & B50 fits me perfectly all year round! I have normal skin, I have quite even and blemish free skin, with only a small amount of discolouration under my eyes; THIS FOUNDATION IS GORGEOUS FOR ME. If you like the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation or even Borjouis Healthy Mix, but need a bit more satin finish, instead of the dewiness, this is for you! The finish is just like my own skin, but evened out, brightened/glowy. It smells awesome, I can't feel it when it's on my skin, it smells awesome, and it stays all day! The fact that it is water based, makes it so moisturising, which is a plus during winter, and it lets my skin breathe! People with oily skin shouldn't avoid this foundation just because it leaves a glowing finish to the skin, I would recommend just a dusting of matte powder where you need it, and you'll be fab! Apply the foundation with fingers when you're in a rush, but a beauty blender is the best way to apply the foundation!
All I use in conjunction with this foundation when I'm on a night out, is the chanel bronzing base, stila bronzer, mac blusher/highlighter & my HG eye products. NO PRIMER!
I'm quite sure that this is my holy grail foundation; even with the AU$77 price tag (ouch!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Ajimenez531

This is my HG! The coverage is good, not full, more like medium, but enough to even out skin tone. I use this on its own but I love to mix it with other foundations that are a bit too matte. It's had the perfect finish. It is pricey but worth every penny, you don't need much so it last a long time. After a couple years still have not found anything better.