Cover Girl Lash Blast Volume

Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Triethanolamine, Acrylates Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyethylene, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat., Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines.

on 6/23/2012 9:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This mascara has a BUILT IN SPOOLIE + CURLER I swear. Yes the brush is HUGE but it has a ton of tiny bristles alternating with the longer ones. These baby bristles really grab & separate each single strand of lash-making it appear like 2 instead. It does the job of a spoolie, which is spiral but has micro bristles poking out that do essentially the same job. I find this mascara curls & holds my lashes even when I don't curl them. I try to give my lashes a break & skip the extra strain of a curler on certain days but I can almost never tell the difference! So round of applause for doing the job of 3 items= curler + mascara + spoolie in ONE. Fabulous.

My only complaint-this mascara gives soo much added volume & LIFT to the roots of my lashes that it even appears as if I have tight lined-I guess its the way I wiggle the brush out, but this volume seems to disappear at the tip of my lashes :( My lashes look thick but short & stubby, it gives NO length; as a matter of fact it takes away from my natural length! Since your left only staring at the thick roots. Its so heart breaking; I fix the problem by applying CG Natureluxe mascara on top that reallyy adds my length back & gives even more. This combo makes people ask me if Im wearing falsies!

I would & really should give this a 5 star rating because of how multi-functional it is, but it wouldn't be fair since I have to use it in conjunction with another. I wish CG would formulate a brush between the 2 of these!

on 6/20/2012 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love everything about this. Great volume, great length, decent at holding curl (which is as good as it ever gets with non-waterproof for me), great brush. And I have pretty crappy lashes. But this is amazing. It doesn't smudge or flake. It's a bit harder to take off than other mascaras I have (Maybelline and Rimmel) but it's still pretty easy with makeup remover. And there's 13.1ml of product in the tube which is most than most mascaras, which only have 7-8ml, sometimes 10, sometimes even 6. I will definitely buy this again. I also want to try the fusion and luxe! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Bold. Dark. Thick. & yes, lengthing (on me at least). I really like this mascara! This does clump sometimes, that's why I gave this product 4 lippies instead of 5. The packaging is fine, but why such a HUGE tube CG? I could understand for more product but the fat tube is just mostly plastic. I use this daily and it gives my small eyes (and eyes behind glasses) some drama! & the price? Couldn't go wrong. Yes, I'm repurchasing!

Update!(: - I've realized this is my HG! I've tried a few other volumizing mascaras but this one does the trick. Love, love, love! What I didn't realize was that all volumizing mascaras clump somtimes, and this clumped probably the least on me (And the rubber bristels combs the clumps out goregously!) <3 Again, Love!

on 6/19/2012 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Eh. Very basic mascara. I don't see any significant volumizing effects, but the formula is decent with no smudging or flaking. It doesn't apply that well because the formula is thick and the brush is unnecessarily huge. It's hard to get close to the lash line and the lower lashes. I prefer Hard Candy's Ginormous mascara. It's a better formula, better brush and same price.

on 6/13/2012 12:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

My favourite mascara! Gives length and volume, and it hold up my lashes after I curl them!

on 6/10/2012 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Not a fan of CG products but tried this based on the love it gets on m/u board. I put it on as soon as I got out of the store and had smudges before I got home. I don't use wp b/c it's so hard to remove; but I did get the wp formula and will prob return it. Clumping, smudges, nothing going for it. I will try it again over my beloved Shiseido lash primer and will also wipe the wand first next time. H/e, d/s....Mayb the Falsies (not wp) is still my favorite mascara. EL Sumptuous is a close 2nd.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like Lash Blast Length but this has a very different formula. I can't even tell I have mascara on. It doesn't hold curl at all.. I just don't like this.

on 6/8/2012 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have straight, downwards-pointing, thin asian lashes, so mascara is my desert-island makeup product. I've tried too many mascara that were immediatley promising, until I checked out my lashes a few minutes later to find the curl had disappeared. My other mascaras always promised volume and length, but didn't live up to it. THIS MASCARA DOES! It holds a curl *pretty* well, volumizes and lengthens. Best of all, it glides on clump-free and looks lush and natural even after two coats. The pigmentation is nice, I have the shade Black and am satisfied, though in certain lightings it picks up some hints of gray in my opinion. Overall a great mascara. I would definitely repurchase, which is really saying something considering I've never bought the same mascara twice.

on 6/4/2012 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have this version in waterproof and it really does not budge, not even with makeup remover or oil which is kind of annoying but I can live with it. I have a natural curl in my lashes and they are fairly long so I look for more volume and some length in my mascaras. This gave me some volume but it's greatest strength is the length it gives. My lashes almost look fake when I put on 3 or 4 coats of this-very good if you are looking for some drama. However, I hate the brush because its so big and often times gets on my eyelid, I always seem to make a little bit of a mess when using it. But as a dramatic mascara this is what I'll stick with after trying so many department and drugstore mascaras.

on 6/3/2012 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is an ok mascara if you don't like a lot of volume. But this is supposed to make your lashes very thick, and I found I had to apply a couple coats and work pretty hard to get my lashes like that. Don't like the smell, smells like wall paint. I like the packaging, I've heard bad things about Cover Girl mascara and how these wands are hard to manoeuvre, but I had no issue. I liked the brush.
I liked that it came off easily with water, if I got it on my eyelid by accident I wouldn't have to get a Q-tip and makeup remover, I could just wet my finger and it came off easily.
A little stiff, and I find myself picking it off at the end of the day, like I always do with stiffer mascaras, but that's just me.
Overall, it has alright volume that's buildable, but nothing very special.

Video Reviews & Tutorials