Cover Girl fresh complexion concealer

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Cyclomethicone, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Silica, Synthetic Wax, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Propylparaben, PVP, Methicone, Methylparaben, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Hexyl Laurate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 3/30/2009 11:33:00 PM

Great for under eye circles, love it. Bad for concealing blemishes, it's not pigmented enough to cover redness unless you apply layer upon layer upon layer.

Have dark eyes ? Buy this ! Need coverage for your blemishes ? Get something more pigmented.

on 3/24/2009 4:13:00 AM

I have this in buff ivory. I like this better than my high-end brand cream concealer. This liquid concealer doesn't settle into wrinkles as much as cream concealers. It's smooth and lightens dark circles. However it's pretty sheer and does not cover my dark undereye completely even with a couple layers. It works best for undereye but it doesn't cover blemishes or discolouration that well because it's sheer. Also it's best to select a shade that is couple shades lighter than skintone as this oxidizes and as well darkens a bit when set with powder. There aren't many shade selections either and the one I have is slightly too light. Overall I use this daily because I haven't found a better replacement that doesn't look cakey under the eye.

This also kind of reminds me of urban decay primer potion... a more liquid consistency. I'm gonna give this a try as a eye shadow primer and see how it compares with my udpp.

on 3/18/2009 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Well I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who had the cap of this packaging fall apart on them, that surprised me, I never had the casing of my make ups break unless it was a compact that I happened to drop lol. Anyway, this is an ok concealer, I'm not crazy about a doe-foot applicator, but I used it anyway for my undereye circles and it did and alright job, it hard to say though because I was born with bags under my eyes and they have a reddish tone to them, and since this is yellowish it helped a little but creates a sallow look somehow. anyway, I wish this had a thicker consistency because it isn't opague enough to cover dark acne scars, which I have a great deal of on the sides of my face. I have found something that works a better than this, not and HG one just one that I'd prefer over this, so I won't be repurchasing.

This concealer gives you very light coverage so i use it for my under eyes area but it does nothing for acne or scarring. But as an undereye concealer it does a pretty good job, i also dab it under my nose since that area tends to be pink for me. Other than that, it can't even cover light scarring so......this is among one of the many concealers that i have and it's great at what i use it for, which is to brighten up the area under my eyes.

I am unhappy with the packaging though b/c the lid of this thing totally broke on me and had to tape it together so that i can continue using it. Pretty flimsy if you ask me.

on 3/8/2009 2:14:00 PM

I love this! The packaging is nice, and its very easy to put on. I really like this for my nasty red bumps, and also its very good for under eye circles. I dont have to re apply this, its good for a full 8 hours.

on 3/3/2009 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging of this thing is AWFUL!!!! Seriously, I'm usually very careful with my makeup but this.........*sight* The cap FELL APART! It's broken in pieces as if I'd thrown it in a toaster or something... And that's not all! For the very first time in my life, I've witnessed a doe foot applicator separating from its cap!!! Come on, ladies... Don't purchase something that'll be destroyed within a couple months.

If you're willing to give this concealer a shot, you ought to know it works quite well with dark circles but not with pimples. It does not have enough coverage for my dark circles because mine are probably the darkest in the whole universe (I really mean it...) but it might do the job if yours are not so fierce. This concealer is not good for pimples because it has a pinky undertone (yellow is good for pimples and redness while pink is best for dark circles). Don't apply lawyers and lawyers of this like I used to because you can't increase the coverage what so ever. Blend it well around the eyes because it can look cakey sometimes.

This is my HG concealer. I have horrible dark under eye circles and I have tried EVERYTHING for them, frankly I have found that this product works just as well as the more expensive brands for a quarter of the price. So I will stick with this, that is until they realize people actually like it and decide to discontinue it.

It works best for me if I moisturize my eye area, let that soak in, apply concealer and blend, let dry, apply a lighter coat to any remaining dark areas, let dry and then top with maybelline pure stay powder foundation.

With this application technique, you cannot tell I even have a dark circle problem and it lasts all day I never have to retouch it at all..it covers my circles so well that if someone see's me without it they always ask me if I'm tired with comments such as "you never have dark circles" (I've had them since I was 15) and "you feel okay? you look tired/down"...its really amazing..I really should post some before and after pics..I might actually do that..

good luck ladies! =]

p.s. if applied improperly this product has the potential to look very horrible, hated it when I first got it, perfected application and now its my HG..so remember, a little attention to detail can go a long way..

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is actually a pretty decent concealer. The colors all look really light in the packaging, but they dry to the color it says. I have pale skin and the lightest shade is just right for winter. Most concealers are too dark for me during the winter. It doesn't completely cover up my huge dark under eye circles, but it does a decent job. I add a layer of cream concealer over the middle and that covers the rest of darkness. This product brightens my under eye area and allows me to use less cream concealer, which comes off cakey when I use it alone because my undereyes are so dark. It looks natural too. The only negative is that if my skin is really irritated for some reason, this product stings a bit. My skin is fairly sensitive though and I rarely have this problem.

This does a pretty good job. I use it under my eyes and on red marks. I use the lightest colour and it matches very well with my very pale skin. It gives good coverage..not amazing but it's good for a liquid concealer. I use it under powder foundation and it works just fine...stays the day. TIP: dab the concealer on you hand first and dab it on your spots with your finger..it blends well....don't go over the same spot too much it can get a bit cakey (as does any concealer)
UPDATE: I now use this as a light foundation. I dab it on my face with a sponge, go over any red spots again then put pressed powder on top.

on 1/30/2009 8:56:00 PM

I've used this concealer for years. The coverage isn't heavy so it may not be the best one for major blemishes or redness, but it does a good job with minor red spots and mild undereye darkness without being cakey and dry. This concealer is the best one I've ever used when it comes to the undereye area because it doesn't make lines more visible or cause a crepey look, like so many other concealers. The consistency is very good too - not too thick or too thin.