July 23, 2014 | 1845 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 4:30:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I only gave this moisturizer 3 lippies because it doesn't really moisturize my skin. In fact, it makes it a bit drier. Usually, my combination skin leans oily as the day goes on. However, I have noticed this year that is now leaning dry and experiencing flakes on my forehead and cheeks. I never had dry skin before maybe it's an age thing or being winter time. I usually skip moisturizer because I either breakout from them or they clog up my pores. Some even cause redness and a skin reaction. This moisturizer doesn't bother my skin at all which I do love. I also enjoy the cool sensation of the gel texture in this and that it sinks into the skin nicely without leaving any residue. I also like using this moisutrizer before applying makeup. However, it's just not that great for my needs.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2012 12:24:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this to mix it with retina A, that way it is not as drying. I told my dermatologist and he thought that was a good idea. And it works perfect that way, to reduce the effect of the retina A's drying.
I put a drop on the back of my hand and a drop of the reitna A and mix and then apply, wherever you use it.
I don't mind is a gel and that it comes in a pot.
But I use so little of it that I don't know if it will go bad before I use it up.
I didn't give it a 5 "lips" because I am not really using it for its intended purpose so I cannot speak to that.
Price is average.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 3:31:00 AM More reviews by sslongshore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and I found this to be alright for me. Granted my skin had much oil break through later on in the day, but not as much as with other moisturizers. I love the coolness when it is applied. It has not broke me out and that's a plus. Overall its decent only four puppies cause of the price. I mean it is a drug store brand and the jar is okay but when I get to the end I am gonna have to dig around the bottom cause I am gonna get my money's worth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off I just want to say that I am very anti-Garnier after the havoc that some of their products wreaked on my hair last year. But after hearing some good feedback about their skincare line and getting a $3 off coupon in the mail, I reluctantly decided to give this moisturizer a chance. Considering that I've gone through two jars of this already, I think its safe to say that it's a pretty great moisturizer, particularly for very oily skin like mine. I have to say this is a decent alternative to the Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief, although the Clinique is definitely richer in texture and feels better on the skin (the Garnier has a very watery feel). But I find after 5 minutes or so they have the same effect and feel on my face. The Garnier is nice because it's only about $6 and there are always a ton of Garnier coupons available, so you'll never actually have to pay full price. It doesn't break me out, it doesn't feel greasy or oily. Given the texture and the wear, I think this would be great for under makeup because it sinks into the skin very quickly and gives a nice almost matte finish. One thing I would caution, even for oily skinned girls like myself, is that this may not be a great moisturizer to use in the winter months. I started using this in September and loved it, but I've found over the last month to two months that my skin has been feeling drier, particularly at night when I use this. I've taken to using my Cerave lotion more often than this Garnier because I just don't feel like it gives my skin the relief that it needs from the cold winter weather. So I probably won't repurchase this right away, but I'll definitely come back to it around April or May once it starts to warm up and my skin starts to even out again. But overall this is pretty great and I'm quite happy that I gave it a chance.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by msjaymurray

LOVE this stuff!! I needed something to put on before make up and this works great! smells great and moisturizes well! Def will be a staple in my cleansing/moisturizing regimine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jwil16

Seems to be excellent! Bought it because I was really broke at the moment, and didn't want to pay for my Clinique gel, so I found this. I'm especially dehydrated from acne meds, so I use A TON of this before foundation, but it really makes your skin GLOW, and soaks in fairly quickly leaving no residue despite the insane amount I apply. Not the most hydrating at all, but it hydrates somewhat. I will say one turnoff - something i strongly dislike is that this contains ALCOHOL like the second or third ingredient... blagh. But oh well, if it alleviates my dehydration somewhat then it's all good. Hasn't broken me out, and I break out at almost everything. Will update if things takes a turn for the worst.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 11:31:00 PM More reviews by le1chi

I love this product! I've been using it for a month now after trying to find a gel moisturizer and so far I think it's the best moisturizer I've tried. Upon apply to my face, it felt really cool and refreshing. I thought that it was going to leave me kind of greasy but it absorbs into your skin quickly. It left my face feeling supple and moisturized. Will probably buy again until I find something better! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ilovethe80s87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This moisturizer is wonderful, and I love that it is a gel rather than a lotion or cream because it doesn't make my skin look greasy. It is light, cool, and refreshing; very nice for summertime. However, this stuff has denat. alcohol, which is known for drying out skin. Why on earth they'd put that in a MOISTURIZER I'll never know. So I can't use this when my skin has it's dry spells from my acne meds/creams. Other than that, it's very nice stuff, and it's oil-free (yay! unlike the UV lotion of the same product line as the last person mentioned). Very affordable, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite moisturizer to date. I really enjoy the cooling cucumber effect and the gel formula. It absorbs super quickly and moisturizes and quenches my dry skin. I don't mind the jar, it actually feels very high end. However, it's not very travel-friendly. Once I run out of this, I most likely will purchase the whole line.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 1:35:00 AM More reviews by LdyNRd

Great product. Doesn't feel heavy on your face or without any residue. 24 hr hydrating gel feels refreshing on skin and leaves iit soft. I don't mind the packaging, which comes in a jar form, you just have to make sure that you wash your hands before you stick your fingers in there. Would purchase again.