December 21, 2014 | 1823 users online

Moisturizers - Garnier - Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel-Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Lovee1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product won me over from the moment I first tried the small sample I received. The sea green colored gel goes on light, yet moisturizing enough for my combination skin. It has a fresh, clean scent and also feels cool (but not tingling) upon application. It doesn't make my face feel oily or thick like some other moisturizers, nor do I need to slather on a lot for it to do it's magic like I had to do with the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, which after shelling out $25/USD, didn't do anything for me at all! However, for this product, it absorbs and moisturizes well, especially on the trouble-some dry spots. It's a definite re-purchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/22/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Tablecup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really enjoyed this at first because it feels fantastic on my skin! It has a gel like consistency and dries rather quickly. My issues with this though are that it makes my skin feel a little dry at first, but an hour or so after I apply it my skin looks extremely shiny! I have dry skin and I don't think this helps it too well. It may work better in the warmer months when there is more moisture in the air. I also wish I didn't have to stick my hands into the tub. It's not very sanitary.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2012 11:13:00 AM More reviews by amberjxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This moisturizer has to be one of my top favorites to use. It is very inexpensive, hydrates well, gives a slight cooling sensation to the skin when applied, and not greasy. I have repurchased this moisturizer probably 3 times this year so far and will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by adrenirushxaudri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've found a great moisturizer for the summer, hallelujah. I love this little jar of skin-drink! It's refreshing, it smells wonderful without being irritating via the fragrance, and it's a great before-makeup moisturizer - it acts as a good primer to keep foundation looking fresh. I use this every time I wash my face, afterwards, and it's a treat for my skin each and every time. I love the way this stuff feels. It's not breaking me out, it's not making my skin-tone muddy like some moisturizers do, it's just perfect for right now. (May need something more heavy duty in the winter, but for now, it's fantastic.) Love this in conjunction with MAC's Moisture Cream, too, fabulous. Will continue to repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2012 4:34:00 AM More reviews by tera493

i wantedd to try a gel moisturizer because im currently using ponds cold cream as a cleanser . and i needed something lightweight to use after ponds. this is a great combination for me . sinks in instantly . and you only need jus a little bit of it. it hasnt clogged my pore or cause acne.great under makeup . feels refreshing cooling and smeels good. probably wouldnt use if i wasnt using ponds since i have dryer skin . the only thing that bothers me is it seems after putting on the moisturizer it leaves a shine on my forhead and cheekbones? overall great

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 4:56:00 PM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I gave this product about a week before writing a review. My HG moisturizer is olay's active hydrating cream. I wanted to try something new so I opted for this moisturizer. Feels cool to the touch and formula is almost runny and gel-like. When i apply to my skin, it automatically sinks to my skin and it does have a light, cooling sensation. My skin doesn't feel as moisturized if I were to compare it to my HG moisturizer. Packaging is a glass jar and this product made me break out! At the time i was trying out a new tinted moisturizer so I assumed it was that and stopped using it and continued with this product. I was still breaking out. I went out to purchase another bottle of my olay cream and i Def would not repurchase this moisturizer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by glamstep

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hmm I'm kind of torn with this moisturizer. I guess its because its so hyped here that I needed a reason to justify purchasing it; although I have already found my HG. I grabbed it on a BOGO to experiment & the first thing I noticed is: it has a heavy strong alcohol scent, but dries instantly like vaporized alcohol too. I like the cooling feel, but that doesn't last long, nor does it leave my skin supple/soft. I find myself applying more than my favorite Merlot grape seed moisturizer to achieve that. Which BTW has + spf 15 & way more good for you antioxidants & is a better buy overall. It retails for $15 for 4.5 oz. This Garnier is about $9 for 1.7 oz. If your wondering, Merlot dries as quickly as Garnier too. So I guess I answered my own query, I won't be repurchasing this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

This is the only face gel that I have used that I actually can stand to have on my face. I love the squeaky clean feel on my face and hate the greasy, lotion feel. This really sinks in quickly and makes my face feel refreshed and clean. I wear this at night and under my makeup. It is a great face primer! I don't like the packaging though, unsanitary because you have to dip your finger into it. I will repurchase because it does no break my sensitive face out!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Really disappointed in this gel cream. I found it didn't help my skin at all and so i checked out the ingredients (which I should have done before purchasing) and alcohol is the 3rd ingredient, no wonder it didn't help my skin. I wish Garner would stop using alcohol in so many of their products.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2012 11:04:00 PM More reviews by meganl19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really looking forward to using this product. I cannot use creams and lotions because I get milia very easily, so I try to use gel formulas. I still need moisture, however, so I chose this after a search for a face gel at the drugstore, rather than traveling to a department store (which might not carry gel I need, since they are more popular in Asia, plus would be more expensive for a product I use often) or ordering online.

It's only 7 USD at the supermarket, plus you can usually find a coupon, so I only spent about 5 USD. It also comes in some nice drugstore packaging: a very chic glass jar and clean white top which shows off the pretty apple-green gel. It looks very nice on your bathroom counter. Like I said, it's a jar, which some people don't like because you have to use your fingers, but I have never minded that. I didn't notice the smell so much. It was probably a very slight chemically scent, which I actually like for cosmetics products. It definitely wasn't acrid or offensive.

All of this only made it all the more disappointing when it came to actually using the product. I wish it had SPF, but I knew that when I bought it. Garnier has this product as part of the line and another product has the SPF, but that's in lotion form. I wished they didn't separate them like that. I first used it in the morning. I know my skin can be sensitive, but I wasn't expecting this light gel to sting me. Wasn't so painful as to need to wash it off, but it was more than I was used to after exfoliating and it lasted for two minutes. Not the soothing feeling I associated with gel. Now I don't think anyone wants a greasy feeling after applying facial moisturizer, but usually afterwards is when your skin is the most hydrated and supple. After I applied this, my skin had felt no more moist which was unfortunate because I had a few dry patches around my mouth and I was looking for some immediate relief. Then throughout the day my skin got an unusual ,slightly dry texture and dry patches on my cheek where I usually don't get them. I don't know if it actually dried out my skin, because my skin doesn't normally get so dry, or just failed to moisturize and keep in the moisture, which is what is says it does on the box. Either way, combined with the stinging, it didn't do it's purpose.