December 18, 2014 | 1614 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - The POREfessional

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This has a lovely consistancy, but other than that, it really doesn't do anything for my skin other than make it feel nice. I don't notice a difference in my pores or my skins condition at all. I don't think it is worth $30. Unless you soley want it to make your skin feel smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:59:00 PM More reviews by zezz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just got it recently, just for the sole fact that I wanted something that held my make up longer and hide my pores around my nose. I did notice it filling in my pores and making them virtually invisible, as for priming my face i think it does a decent job. I am the type of person who touches their face a lot (even though I try hard not to) and it does a good job of keeping my foundation on. This is the first primer I've tried and I definitely want to try different primers to formulate a concrete opinion. Overall 4/5

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

This is such a great primer. I love that it instantly makes my pores vanish and feels really lovely when I put it on. I don't have oily skin so I cannot comment on that but this definitely makes a difference in the longevity of my makeup. Without it, my foundation won't stay on or it will start to look splotchy. I try to use it sparingly since it's so expensive but I definitely will repurchase unless I find a cheaper, comparable alternative.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by akneil

Edit: I've found that certain foundations work better with this. For instance, Revlon colorstay whipped over professional sinks right in to my pores (badly). Rimmel wake me up over professional didn't sink in as much and pores weren't as noticeable (a little better). The unfortunate thing is this does not completely fill pores and prevent makeup from sinking in, even when you find a good foundation to use it with. Therefore I stick to my rating.

This is an average primer. I'm really disappointed that even with this, then foundation, then powder, it all still sinks into my pores on my nose. I really thought this might help stop that and it really did nothing. I'm still using it, but really I think there are better primers out there, especially if you're going to pay this much for it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I use this only in my t-zone area. I have dryer skin but when I do break out that's where it usually is. I may also put on my cheek area if the product I'm using demands a primer it will adhere to. I do have problems with products that contain silicone in them. I had to throw away and entire tube of clinque's city bloc 40spf because it caused horrible skin reaction that took a couple of months to clear. I got this as a sample didn't have issues so I bought a larger tube.

I do like the tinted formula as white tends to make me look ashy but I can understand people with a darker skin tone would have issues with it. It does mattify the skin and makeup sticks to it and helps add time to the wear. Especially the less expensive drug store formulas.

Again I don't use this all the time and I do tend to watch it in really humid weather as it did clog my pores a bit. Not as bad as Clinque. But after that I'm pretty leary of anything.

I would re-buy. If in doubt ask the Benefit gal if she has a sample. They usually have that stuff available to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by mizzbouvier14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this product! However, I feel like to get the results I want I do have to use quite a bit of product.. which means that this little tube won't last me much longer. This was a splurge, and I will buy it again when I can afford the $30.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MES

I had first tried this as a sample that came with the Hello Flawless foundation but the sample was such a tiny amount it was hard to gauge the product, but I really liked how it felt on my skin. I had been shopping for a primer and the SA at Ulta talked me into the Hello Flawless 15 hour primer which I ended up hating. Porefessional has a slightly thick, almost gel like consistency out of the tube, think full coverage foundation or concealer. It smooths onto to skin like a dream and leaves a nice soft, almost powdery feel. I really want to like this, and it is way better than the Hello Flawless primer, but it's just not right for me. I like that this is smooth and lightweight, but my skin leans dry and since this is a mattifying product it just makes my skin look ashy and dull.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2014 3:44:00 PM More reviews by LetMeGossip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really used to love this primer until i got allergic. It was really good the first few months, made my foundation look better and just did the job. However after four months my nose started to itch. Only two seconds after i got it on it would itch for a whole day. So i don't know what it is but i'm never going back to this product. I don't normally have sensitive skin but this primer did something my skin and now i break out all the time. I have started using product for sensitive skin and hopes that it can make my skin better. I am never ever going to use this on my face again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've used Smashbox, (the regular, acne prone and green) hourglass, that gal, a few Rimmel and I do really like this for my t-zone which tends to get oily and has many large pores. It has a drier consistency and does blur pores. My foundation applies nicely and I only use this if im going out and wanna look extra flawless. I love that the tint adds the slightest bit of coverage, and I'm dead corpse pale and it works for me.

There's so many primers out there, ill be trying others after this runs out but I would buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/18/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Faukes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I've bought this product a few times, and I do find it to hold up alright. I usually have oily skin, more in the summer months, which is when I began purchasing it, and this helped my foundation stay all day with hardly any touch ups, I 'd get a little dewy after about 6-7 hours, but that's it. Even when I've gone to work out straight from work, this stuff held my foundation on through sweating. It doesn't feel heavy or make me feel like I have two layers of product over my skin, and I notice I break out a lot less when I wear this in conjunction with foundation.

Only two complaints - 1. I don't find it covers my pores that well, and I don't even have very large ones 2. In the winter when my skin gets drier, I find this can make your foundation cake onto dry spots, even after using moisturiser before hand...almost like it clings to the dry skin, and makes it look worse throughout the day.

I find the price to be average for a primer of decent quality (I've definitely spent more on worse ones). Overall I will buy again, but maybe only during the summer.