December 22, 2014 | 1560 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am a sucker for eyeshadow pallets. First they are convenient. When you have to go to work in the morning, it's all right there. There is no digging for specific eyeshadows while you have 57 other things to do when you are getting ready. But this. This is beyond convenient. All the shadows compliment each other. They are super versatile. Everything you need is right there. Yes they are all shades of browns and nudes in a warm tone, but you can create everything from a light everyday look to a dark and smokey look to a sophisticated and romantic look all from this pallet. I have been using my original Naked palette for about a year now and I use it nearly everyday, and haven't hit pan yet on any of the colors. They apply beautifully and blend really easily. I recently used this on a client for her wedding and she looked breathtaking all day long. I usually use this with my very favorite Urban Decay Primer Potion and there is never a crease in sight. The colors are all super pigmented and are buildable as well which allows for a more dramatic and intense look or a more subtle and romantic look. I am never at a loss of what to do with this palette. The possibilities are limitless. I have tons of different shadows and different pallets, but I find that I reach for this one about 90% of the time. I love the packaging on this. It's slim, feels comfortable in your hand (I like to fold the lid back on it to prop it up when I am using it) and the magnetic closure keeps everything safe and cozy. I have traveled with this quite a bit because it's so versatile and slim (which is usually against my policy because I am usually worried I will lose or damage my expensive stuff) simply because I cannot stay away from it! I would (if I ever get through it!) repurchase this again in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Narieh14

I can honestly say I have used every colour in this palette 10+ times!!!! Best purchase ever <333

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

What can I say that hasn't already been said in 2,000+ reviews? I love this palette! I consider this an incredible value. I have used mine every day for two years and haven't come close to hitting pan. While neutral, I can create so many different looks with it, with as little or as much intensity as I want. "Buck" is the perfect matte brown for my crease, and "Virgin" works as an amazing shimmery brow bone highlighter. With all the other shades from light to dark, you can take this with you anywhere and create a complete eyeshadow look. I happen to love shimmery shades on me so the fact that there are only two matte options in this palette doesn't bother me one bit.

My biggest gripe, like so many others, is the fallout that comes with "Sidecar." It's such a beautiful shade and doesn't even need the microglitter. I've learned to work around it by applying my eyeshadow first, then cleaning up and doing my foundation and the rest of my makeup. I don't notice a lot of fallout from the other shades though!

Only other cons are the brush it comes with...for me it makes the color "pill" during application so I use a different brush. Also I might be one of the rare few who doesn't like the UD primer. It just doesn't last for me. I find it comparable to the $1 e.l.f. primer actually for those who do like it and would like an inexpensive dupe.

Despite the few cons I have, this is an essential makeup item for me and I will never be without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pure indulgence coupled with sheer decadence is the best way to describe this palette. From the velvety-chocolate packaging to the 12 beautiful shades...I adore this gem without a doubt. Initially, the $52 price tag deterred me, but my bestie gave me a Sephora gift card for my birthday which motivated me to take the plunge, and I am glad I did. This purchase was a bit backward, however, because I copped the NAKED2 first and took a liking to it and was curious to get a feel for its precursor. SATISFACTION! There are three shades that are my faves: (1) Buck, (2) Naked, and (3) Gunmetal. These three combined create a sultry, smokey eye that I can't get enough of, and I am actually wearing it as I'm typing this review. Some may feel as I did about the price point, and rightfully so, but TRUST me you will not be disappointed if you are into nudes and neutrals. This palette offers plenty of versatility with its wide array of briliant shades, they are extremely pigmented so a little goes a long way which is an even greater attribute because this extends the longevity of your palette. The packaging is super SEXY and CHIC with the brown and gold...not to metion the mirror and brush included. Urban Decay was justified in slapping a $52 price tag on this baby because you definitely get your money's worth. I would not purchase this again tho because I am waiting for the NAKED3 to launch and I cannot use the shades fast enough before something new comes out. That's the ONLY reason I wouldn't repurchase, but if for whatever reason there was no other NAKED by UD then i would absoultely cop again without question. With the holidays coming soon, ladies, this is an opportune time to hint around to your man or whoever your boo-thang is that you have been scheming on this and would appreciate it as a gift!
Great find...
~A. Starr...stamped:-)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by LNPeebles

I LOVE this product. I have a medium-olive skin complexion and the earth tones look amazing. Yes, I do wish there were more matte shades, as there are only two, but if you use the colors the right way you can still create a very natural look. Another plus to the product is that you can still create a really sexy eye with the shimmery colors. It's nice that they give you the primer too, but it's almost not even necessary, as the shadow pretty much stays on all day. I love this product, I use it everyday, and I will definitely repurchase it when the time comes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by KenzieKatherine92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It was hard for me to shell out $50 for this palette, but once I finally did, I did not regret it. For those of you concerned with price, keep in mind that each UD eyeshadow is $18 dollars each. If you bought all 12 colors separately, it would cost you $216 (plus tax). That's way more than the Naked palette. So it technically is saving you quite a bit of money. You get 12 shadows for the price of 3 separate shadows. Anyway, on to the product. The colors are great! I'm very fair, and pretty much all of the colors look good for my skin tone. The main thing about this palette is that the looks you can create with it are endless. There is every neutral you will ever need, and the pigmentation of the shadows is pretty good. However, I do wish that some of the colors were not as shimmery. There are only 2 matte shades, and while I do like the shimmer, sometimes I want a more natural look and it's hard to create a full look with only those two shades that do not contain shimmer. Other than that, the colors are great; I use this palette pretty much every time I do my makeup, unless I'm wanting some funky colors on my eyes. It's very much worth the money. I don't mind the packaging that much, it's lightweight and it fits in most of my makeup bags. It bothers some people, but that's purely based on one's preferences. I would repurchase this, but I honestly don't think I will ever have to because I use it every time I do my makeup, and I've had it for 2 months, and not even close to hitting pan. Great palette, go Urban Decay!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:31:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Even though I said I wouldn't buy again, I do really like this and use all but 3 of the colors -- I don't use the lightest and the two darkest. Next time I will buy 2-3 singles instead of spending $50+ on a palette full of shades that are just okay instead of favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Charlottelovesbeauty

I love my naked palette and I use it everyday! Even if I only use one color a day at least I'm still using it each day!! The price is crazy but make sure you buy it with your own money my friend didn't and she hardly uses it. If you save up then you will really appreciate and use it every single day. The packing if not my favorite I like the Naked 2 packaging a lot better it looks much sturdier. The Naked palette 1 rubs off and gets messy very easily. The price is hard to get over but once you actually buy it you will never regret it. If you use neutrals and a bold smoky look you will use this every day of your life!!! A few more things just if your wondering!
1. The eye shadow is very smooth but I've had it for 6 months and some colors have air bubbles in them and it doesn't bother me but it may bother you.
2.The shadows last all day but I've never used my shadows without a primer either mac paint pot in bare study or my urban decay primer potion so they stay on forever.
3. The pigmentation is amazing but some colors including naked, buck, and sin can be very light but trust me you can really build it up a lot!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by sarahkins17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this Naked Palette a long time ago but I love it so much...so I thought I would add a review. I use this palette at least 3 times a week. I love brown earth tone-like shades so it's perfect for me. Urban Decay eyeshadows are amazing and this palette is nothing less than that. The pigmentation and quality of the eyeshadows are great. A little goes a long way. I also like the brush that my Naked Palette came with.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by jennah123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette! The colours are easy to use day-to-day, easy to blend and highly pigmented. The only drawback is the price, which when you consider the price of each individual eye shadow works out to be quite reasonable.
Overall, well worth it!