Urban Decay NAKED

4.6

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 1/2/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

definitely my go-to palette! this palette is full of beautiful brown and golden shades. the packaging's one thing i'm not too crazy about. it's velvety, so it collects a lot of dust. and also, if i travel with this i'm scared my eyeshadows will break because it's not as sturdy as naked 2 or 3. also the mirror is quite small, but it's not that big of a complaint of mine. another thing i don't like about this is there's only two mattes - naked and buck. i wish they would of included more. but some of my favorite colors are virgin (satin highlight shade), sin (shimmery silvery color), naked (matte nude), buck (matte medium brown), half baked (shimmery golden), smog (shimmery brown with a gold undertone), and darkhorse (dark shimmery brown). but i like the other colors as well, all beautiful in they're own way. but those are my favorites to use. it comes with a mini primer potion, that's like 3 fl oz. it's my favorite primer. it also comes with a eyeshadow brush, which is really good quality for it coming in a palette. the price is around $50 - $52. seems a little pricey, but it's actually good in the long run. you get 12 ultra pigmented eyeshadows that are $18 bucks a piece. so it's worth it. anyways, this is my favorite palette of all time. it has a warm undertone, which goes well with my olive/golden skintone. i would recommend this most to the warm toned girls, because the gold tone in the palette would go good with the yellowy skin.

on 1/2/2014 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Just okay for me. I know these shades are supposed to be neutral but for me, they're just not that wearable because of how shimmery they are. When I try to use two or three of the shimmery colors together, they just all blend together and end up looking more or less the same no matter what colors I select. I also prefer really warm colors and these colors just seemed a bit TOO neutral in tone and end up looking blah on my eyes. I do like some of the colors. Naked 1: Virgin is one of my all time favorite highlight colors, and the two blue/grey/black shades (creep and gunmetal?) are really great for smokey looks, but all the other colors are easily duped and nothing that really stand out for me. I would re-purchase virgin individually, but the others I could take or leave. Naked 2: not a single color I like. All blah for me. Naked 3: colors look much better in the pan than on my eyes and I have to really work and incorporate other products/steps to get the colors to work for me. Too shimmery. Not pigmented enough. Blackheart, trick and factory are my favorite colors, all the others just don't hardly show up on my eyes, and I'm a medium skin tone. I'm not sure if they're planing on doing more naked palettes and don't know why I keep buying them, but I think I'm done with them for now... Unless they come out with a warmer palette with mostly matte shades. I like some shimmer, but these have tooooo much shimmer for me.

Naked 1 FTW!!! I love this palette, it seriously changed my life lol. If you use eyeshadow a lot it's definitely worth the splurge because the pigment is stronger and nicer and much easier to blend than cheap eyeshadow. This palette is perfect for just going to class or going out at night because there are many different looks you can do with it. I like that it's all neutral because I personally think colored eyeshadow looks tacky unless you're on stage.

on 1/1/2014 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love this eye shadow palette! I love all of the colors in this palette! My favorite is color from NAKED is Sidecar but I love and use all the others too. The shadows are pigmented and they last all day! You can blend the shadows easily and create endless looks. I'm don't use matte shadows a lot , so I love how Urban Decay included so many shimmery shades. I love how you can use this palette for daytime looks and nighttime looks. And it can be used for formal events and everyday wear. I really like the primer that comes with the NAKED palette and I want to purchase a full sized tube soon. I also like the brush that comes with the NAKED palette and I think its a good addition to the product especially if someone doesn't have a lot of brushes in their collection. I don't think the price is bad at all because you're getting your money's worth!
I don't like the packaging because I feel like its flimsy and it doesn't stay open on its own.
I think this palette is perfect for anyone who loves shimmery shadows, nude/natural colored shadows, pigmented shadows, and wants to find good blending shadows.
I love this palette and it's definitely one of my favorites!

on 1/1/2014 2:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this palette a lot. I couldn't decide which one to buy: original or 2. It's hard to make a smart everyday look and not to look overly dressed.
My go-to evening palette. My everyday palette is the new Naked 3 :)

- the shadows are super blendable
- very, very pigmented (better than MAC - I shouldn't have made a 15 shadow MAC neutral palette)
- great colors, mostly for evening wear
- brown and taupe hue
- has a highlighting shade, has a black shadow (blacks I have a lot)
- no fallout, or almost no
- comes with a brush (I don't like it, it's more a concealer brush)
- primer (wish it was a squeeze tube)
- case - cardboard, easy to travel, light, mini non useful mirror, easily gets dirty or worn

on 1/1/2014 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My least favorite of the Naked series. ONLY because I am very light and cool-toned. I find these colors very hard to pull off. Very hard. The ones I have better luck with are as follows (to help other fair/cool girls) Naked, Virgin, Sin, Darkhorse (only if you have dark hair like me), Creep, & Gunmetal. I also like Smog but it's bit harder to pull off straight off the palette, I have to mix it with something cooler, but its no biggie.

Some of the colors, like Half Baked, etc are very difficult for me. I love the colors but I can't seem to get the color to look okay on me without my skin looking sallow or muddy. I am still rating this 5 lippies because UD shadows are insanely unique with the pigmentation and blend-ability. I will not fault the coloring because of my tone. This palette is very much geared for warm toned people and neutral. Cool people should have better luck with Naked 2 and 3.

I am NW20, very dark hair with slight mahogany tones and hazel eyes.

I love this palette. It's my go-to when I want to look nice for work, but not to colorful. I feel like no matter what your skin/eye color, there's a combination in here that would work for you. In addition to the universality, the quaility of the shadows is amazing, pigmented and easy to blend out. Even though it might seem like a large expenditure at first, it works out to about $4.34 per eyeshadow, plus you get an eyeshadow brush with the set.

The brush I'm not so crazy about for applying eyeshadow, but I find for concealing large areas it works great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I absolutely love this palette! There are so many different combinations! this is definitely one of my favorite products!

on 12/30/2013 10:34:00 AM

These shadows are simply amazing. They apply great and there are so many different combinations you can do! I love experimenting with all the different shades. Definitely worth the price.

on 12/30/2013 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used this Palette every single time I put on eye makeup and I own a lot of eyeshadows and palettes. It is my absolute favorite. The pigmentation is amazing, colours are beautiful and practical but still glamourous, blends nicely, everything is just great. I cannot blend out an eyeshadow look unless I'm using the shade naked from this palette. There are so many looks!! Love it.

Popular Palettes

Contour Kit
NAKED
NAKED3
PRO Palette

Video Reviews & Tutorials

Bronzed Naked Palette Tutorial! by fashionista804

How to Look Like Kim Kardashian- Smoky & Glowy Makeup Tutorial- Naked Palette! by OMGigi

New Year's Eve & Party Smokey Makeup Tutorial! 2015 by Angie Wilches