October 2, 2014 | 1494 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED

RELATED PRODUCTS

NAKED2: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=148781/NAKED2-/Urban-Decay/Palettes

NAKED3: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=167248/NAKED-3/Urban-Decay/Palettes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I seriously am in love with this pallet

The price is a steal for what you're getting, and all of the shadows are just plain lovely. I had to get mine from Ulta online, because it just kept selling out everywhere else before I could order it. It's been selling out for a reason. ;) (ETA: I'm glad that UD finally makes a plain, brown, eyeliner pencil. Whiskey, included in this palette, really isn't anything special in color, but I've been lemming a good brown liner with UD's 24/7 staying power and this is it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the palletes I keep going back to.

I have over 20 palettes and this one is what I rotate to use the most.

I would repurchase if I ran out but at this point, I have so many that won't be an issue for a while!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 9:22:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am not one to believe the hype but there was so much that I had to give it a try. I just bought it and Naked2 a couple of weeks ago on a whim. I wish I had bought it earlier!

The neutral colors can go with about anything and of course it looks and works great with eyeshadow! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by missmarilynmonroe

Oh man, this is the holy grail of eyeshadow. It took me awhile to finally bite the bullet and purchase the Naked palette. IT is totally worth it!! I use it almost everyday, and it really is great for so many different looks. It works with all different skin tones well too. I am pretty pale, and my best friend is olive completion. We both go on and on about all the different ways to make our eyes pop! If you are trying to decide if it is worth it or not, I say do it. IT is a million times better than any drug store or similar product palette. The pigmentation is amazing, and the colors are beautiful. Their are so many tutorials which make it easier to find a great look for yourself. The Urban Decay primer works great with this too as a heads up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by saraevans1219

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful pigmentation and a very universal range of colours. Definitely a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 11:50:00 AM More reviews by glamerous3059

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok so you know you gotta love neutrals. this palette is a great buy and everyone needs in there kit. its awesome color payoff and staying power. I love the cover of the palette also. brought from Sephora and you can find great review on my youtube channel-fearless femme

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by oo0Vulcan0oo

I really like this palette. The eyeshadows last quite a while (especially when paired with their primer potion) and there is a wide range of shadows for any look you want to create. This is especially useful if you are traveling and don't want to bring a bunch of single eyeshadows around with you! Price wise.....it is pretty up there....but keep in mind that you are getting many shades. Additionally, I have been using this palette everyday for over a year and still haven't hit pan on any of the shadows!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by glossina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I swear, UD has ruined me on all other shadows, forever. It took me AGES to pull the trigger on buying a Naked Palette! (Surely they were merely over-hyped like so many palettes. What girl needs that type of disappointment?) Then, last year I finally caved. Naked 2 had just been released so I purchased BOTH 1&2. My logic said if I regretted my $100 purchase, I could always return. Now, having owned them both for a long time, I can honestly say this is one of the VERY BEST makeup purchases I've ever made. (For comparison, I am cool-toned, fair-skinned and in my 40's). The first week I owned the palettes, I was iffy about some of the colors. Also, the sheen & glitter did frighten me. It was easy to see they were extremely pigmented. They apply buttery smooth & last well even w/o primer. After my first 10 days of trying umpteen different eye-looks, there was NO WAY these babies were going to be returned. Like many other reviewers, I do wish there were more satin or matte shades to blend with. Perhaps Naked Basics will fix that. For me personally, at my age & with a bit of crepiness on my eyes, I do best using a light hand on some of the colors. Younger eyes will be limited only by their imagination. SUMMARY: There is absolutely NO end to the ways you can use these shadows. If you are afraid, I urge you to push yourself. Experiment wildly. The colors combine & blend in ways that will surprise & delight you. They are awesome when as liners!! With a large, fluffy brush, try some as a light eye-wash or even as highlight on your cheeks. VALUE: I reach for UDN1 daily & after months, it still seems barely used. This will last for years. Overall, I am a huge fan and wish UD would make a trillion more shadow colors. Because as I buy & compare shadows from Tarte, EL, L'ancome, Stila, NYX, etc. they keep disappointing me. Specific to UDN1: Even though I am cool complected & these are supposedly warmer shades than palette 2, I seem to reach for UDN1 twice as often. The fuzzy packaging collects lint, fuzz, fallout. So glad they changed to metal in version 2. Gunmetal is my favorite. Blacks are usually too harsh for me. But Gunmetal has the PERFECT grey-blue-black undertone. Creep is the most un-used for me. But most people can rock black and it's a good one. Daily eye looks with Naked & Buck are awesome. This past summer I was surprised & pleased how often I used Smog, Half-Baked & Darkhorse for warm, bronzey FOTDs. I use Hustle quite a bit overtop of liner for a change-up. Toasted is my grown-up Pinky shade. Hope this helps!! **edited to add: I have read about many dupes to this palette. NONE ever lived up to being true dupes in my experience. But this swatch (see below) has me really intrigued. It is the Sleek Storm Palette swatched against Naked 1. Check it out - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aO1ev-nLU-c/T0anahIjY4I/AAAAAAAACO8/7usf2u517BI/s1600/1.jpg

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

I am in the minority here, I know. Yet I cannot understand the rave about the product. The colors are nice, yet many are way too shimmery. I'd rather prefer to have them with a satin finish. The palette is also quite messy - unlike MAC eye shadows these shadows are too soft and powdery, and lots is wasted.
It's kinda nice to have so many colors, especially when travelling, plus a brush and a mirror. Still the packaging could be a bit more compact.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Makeupplover1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm so in love with this eyeshadow palette. I've had it for 2 years and I use it daily and people always compliment me when I wear it :) definitely repurchasing this. <3