Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 1/21/2008 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really Like this Cleanser.! It is a Tad Bit drying,... but i love the smell and clean feel. I have noticed that it has left me skin a little tight now in the Winter (you just need a good Moisturizer.) But i had no problems at all in warmer weather.

on 1/20/2008 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

At first it worked okay, but now all I can say that this is very drying. I like the cream version better, the gel one sucks like crap. I have oily skin, but this thing just sucked all the excess and necessary oil out of my face.

on 1/16/2008 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's okay, but it is not anything special. It cleans off makeup well only if I wash with it a couple of times. It does not make my skin feel tight which is a big plus. It does not keep the blackheads out of my nose which I have found other stronger cleansers to do. If you are looking for a gentle cleanser that does an average job without stripping your face go for this one. The price is reasonable enough for an so-so cleanser.

on 11/21/2007 10:15:00 PM

best facial cleaner ever. every other product caused problems with my skin. this one doesnt and leaves it feeling clean and smooth =)

on 10/12/2007 5:39:00 AM

Where I live, it is impossible to get Neutrogena products - except for the handcream and a bar of soap found on the lowest shelves. So whenever I go abroad, I stock Neutrogena which is my favourite skincare brand - it's cheap and it works!
I bought a pump bottle of Deep Clean in France this year and was quite happy about it. I needed something that would help me get rid of blackheads and not make my skin feel tight, and thought this would do the job.
And in fact, it doesnt make my skin shrink and dry out.
BUT, ever since I started using it I have been bothered with large, painfull bumps which takes weeks to get rid of - not many at a time, but always on a strangely visible place, like directly under my eye.
I'm not used to that. I usually don't even have pimples - but when I do get one, it's usually around the hairline or on my chin.
It didn't seem to help on my blackheads either.
I went on another trip some weeks ago, and my skin started clearing up - I didn't bring the Neutrogena with me.
Now I have been using it for 3 weeks again, and the bumps are back.
Sadly I must conclude that this product doesn't help me and I need to stop using it. Maybe it is not made for my skin - which isn't 20 anymore. I will update if it turns out that this cleanser isn't the problem.
A shame really, because it made my face feel clean and fresh without drying it out. I guess it works best with other types of skin.
Mine is sensitive combo.

on 9/24/2007 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has been my HG for almost 10 years now, it removes all make-up, dirt and oil very fast, it leaves my face so clean! It smells clean too.

on 9/7/2007 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i bought the liquid version of this cleanser and wow... it does what it says. my skin had been going crazy from the summer's fluctuating weather. i mean... i was getting cystic acne on my hairline, blackheads on and around my nose, whiteheads all over my forehead, and little pimples on my cheeks.... when my skin is usually dry and poreless.

i've used this for maybe a week and my blackheads and whiteheads are gone and my cystic acne is shrinking. i've got no pimples on my cheeks at all.

the reason it gets a 4 is because it's a little too harsh for my skin. after maybe 3 days of using it... i've had to alternate it with babywash, because i started getting a chemical burn. the irritation is not from overdrying--i use Lubriderm as a moisturizer with Eurcerin on my eyes and dry patches. it's the chemicals that are too harsh.

update 11/03/08: i've upped the rating to 5 stars. i went and got a water softening system and it became easier to clean my skin.... but for some reason, i was breaking out in white heads on my forehead and blackheads/zits along my jaw line and in front of my ears (where sideburns would go on a dude). i think it was from using soap that didn't rinse clean enough. i was using johnson's clean and clear... and it was cutting the oily residue... but not well enough to clear up the mild acne. a couple uses of this cleanser cleared it up again. in fact, i had no idea how much crap was being left on my skin. at the end of the day, my t zone is an oil slick. i wash my face and body with soap before using a cleanser on my face and this product made it feel like tons of leftover moisturizer, makeup, and all-around gunk was just melting off my face.

again, this update is from a soft-water perspective. in hard water, the chemicals in this cleanser burned my skin. in soft water, i've had absolutely no ill-effects whatsoever. then again, i moisturize really well afterwards. i'm gonna try this product for another week (it's been a week since i've started using this as part of my daily regimen) and see if it's still too harsh for my skin. as for right now, my skin is responding well to it. continued >>

on 8/21/2007 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really liked this product. I chose it because it said that it dissolves dirt, make-up, and oil--and it's true! I always use toner afterwards and with this cleanser, the cotton ball usually remains white afterwards. For those who may suffer from dry skin, I'd suggest mixing a few drops of jojoba oil with this cleanser. I've converted several friends to this combination already!

on 8/19/2007 4:57:00 PM

I love this product! I need a gentle cleanser, since I use an Acne medication (Tazorac). This cleanser is not overly drying at all, it's just perfect! Your skin feels very smooth after using it. I definitely recommend it!

on 7/18/2007 6:04:00 AM

I just started using this, but i think i like it.
My face doesn't feel tight or dry after using && it feels like it did clean so it seems to be working well.