December 20, 2014 | 1679 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by xoxgoodbye

At first it worked okay, but now all I can say that this is very drying. I like the cream version better, the gel one sucks like crap. I have oily skin, but this thing just sucked all the excess and necessary oil out of my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2008 8:40:00 AM More reviews by Orwell

It's okay, but it is not anything special. It cleans off makeup well only if I wash with it a couple of times. It does not make my skin feel tight which is a big plus. It does not keep the blackheads out of my nose which I have found other stronger cleansers to do. If you are looking for a gentle cleanser that does an average job without stripping your face go for this one. The price is reasonable enough for an so-so cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by stolz

best facial cleaner ever. every other product caused problems with my skin. this one doesnt and leaves it feeling clean and smooth =)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2007 5:39:00 AM More reviews by syltetyta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Where I live, it is impossible to get Neutrogena products - except for the handcream and a bar of soap found on the lowest shelves. So whenever I go abroad, I stock Neutrogena which is my favourite skincare brand - it's cheap and it works!
I bought a pump bottle of Deep Clean in France this year and was quite happy about it. I needed something that would help me get rid of blackheads and not make my skin feel tight, and thought this would do the job.
And in fact, it doesnt make my skin shrink and dry out.
BUT, ever since I started using it I have been bothered with large, painfull bumps which takes weeks to get rid of - not many at a time, but always on a strangely visible place, like directly under my eye.
I'm not used to that. I usually don't even have pimples - but when I do get one, it's usually around the hairline or on my chin.
It didn't seem to help on my blackheads either.
I went on another trip some weeks ago, and my skin started clearing up - I didn't bring the Neutrogena with me.
Now I have been using it for 3 weeks again, and the bumps are back.
Sadly I must conclude that this product doesn't help me and I need to stop using it. Maybe it is not made for my skin - which isn't 20 anymore. I will update if it turns out that this cleanser isn't the problem.
A shame really, because it made my face feel clean and fresh without drying it out. I guess it works best with other types of skin.
Mine is sensitive combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2007 12:44:00 PM More reviews by veronick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This has been my HG for almost 10 years now, it removes all make-up, dirt and oil very fast, it leaves my face so clean! It smells clean too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2007 10:31:00 PM More reviews by fes_fsa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i bought the liquid version of this cleanser and wow... it does what it says. my skin had been going crazy from the summer's fluctuating weather. i mean... i was getting cystic acne on my hairline, blackheads on and around my nose, whiteheads all over my forehead, and little pimples on my cheeks.... when my skin is usually dry and poreless.

i've used this for maybe a week and my blackheads and whiteheads are gone and my cystic acne is shrinking. i've got no pimples on my cheeks at all.

the reason it gets a 4 is because it's a little too harsh for my skin. after maybe 3 days of using it... i've had to alternate it with babywash, because i started getting a chemical burn. the irritation is not from overdrying--i use Lubriderm as a moisturizer with Eurcerin on my eyes and dry patches. it's the chemicals that are too harsh.

update 11/03/08: i've upped the rating to 5 stars. i went and got a water softening system and it became easier to clean my skin.... but for some reason, i was breaking out in white heads on my forehead and blackheads/zits along my jaw line and in front of my ears (where sideburns would go on a dude). i think it was from using soap that didn't rinse clean enough. i was using johnson's clean and clear... and it was cutting the oily residue... but not well enough to clear up the mild acne. a couple uses of this cleanser cleared it up again. in fact, i had no idea how much crap was being left on my skin. at the end of the day, my t zone is an oil slick. i wash my face and body with soap before using a cleanser on my face and this product made it feel like tons of leftover moisturizer, makeup, and all-around gunk was just melting off my face.

again, this update is from a soft-water perspective. in hard water, the chemicals in this cleanser burned my skin. in soft water, i've had absolutely no ill-effects whatsoever. then again, i moisturize really well afterwards. i'm gonna try this product for another week (it's been a week since i've started using this as part of my daily regimen) and see if it's still too harsh for my skin. as for right now, my skin is responding well to it. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by waimingsiu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really liked this product. I chose it because it said that it dissolves dirt, make-up, and oil--and it's true! I always use toner afterwards and with this cleanser, the cotton ball usually remains white afterwards. For those who may suffer from dry skin, I'd suggest mixing a few drops of jojoba oil with this cleanser. I've converted several friends to this combination already!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by Kaylaklvc

I love this product! I need a gentle cleanser, since I use an Acne medication (Tazorac). This cleanser is not overly drying at all, it's just perfect! Your skin feels very smooth after using it. I definitely recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2007 6:04:00 AM More reviews by llamagirl

I just started using this, but i think i like it.
My face doesn't feel tight or dry after using && it feels like it did clean so it seems to be working well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2007 8:48:00 AM More reviews by fqari84

Me and my other friiends with oily/combination or acne prone skin have all agreed that is, one of the best, if not the best drugstore cleanser out there for our skin type...doesn't leave me dry and tight like most facial cleansers for oily skin. This one is better than the Deep Clean Foam Cleanser in the tube...the foam version of this leaves my skin abit dry/tight. I love it and I love the pore refining cleanser too...Neutrogena is definately the best drugstore brand for face cleansers!