Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Normally I would not be able to use this cleanser. I have very dry skin, and even Neutrogena cream cleansers normally dry out my skin. BUT I also use safflower oil in the evening to remove my mineral makeup, sunscreen, & moisturizer. I noticed I was getting some clogged pores because the cleansers I had been using just weren't removing everything. This gets my skin *super* clean, but if it wasn't for that layer of safflower oil it would dry out my skin terribly. For my purposes it works well, but unless you have very oily skin, or use oil to remove m/u like I do I can't see this being a good cleanser.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I first used this product over a year and a half ago. I think they've changed the formula since I've started using it again (about two-three months ago). when I first used this I noticed that it helped with my acne and made the overall texture of my skin very nice and very smooth, which is a big deal since no other product I've ever used improved my skin so much.
since I've started using it again I find that it is just okay for my combination, acne-prone skin. I wouldn't repurchase. instead, I plan on spending the money on something different that may work better.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

When they said "deep clean" they weren't kidding. This was my HG cleanser during my (ridiculously!) oily teenage years; It significantly lessened the oiliness and less break-outs.

However, now that I'm in my 20s (and less oily), I find it too harsh. My skin gets too dry with this now. I have since moved on to a gentler cleanser *cough*Cetaphil*cough*, but I reach for my younger sister's bottle whenever I feel that my skin is too dirty/oily.

Ick. I was let down with this product. I generally like Neutrogena, but this product did not work for my skin type. My sensitive, oily skin freaked out after about a week of use and started to break out. :( It did clean very well, but it dried out my nose, which is usually very oily. The pump also broke the day I got it, and I had to unscrew the pump and pour the product out to use it. This is probably better suited for non-sensitive, extremely oily skin. Would not repurchase.

This to me is the same thing as the oil-free acne wash. Overdrying. Too foamy/bubbly. Not crazy about the smell. Will not repurchase

While I'm sure this does get my face super clean, it is the most uncomfortable feeling I've ever gotten from a cleanser. Even when I first wash it off, and my face is dripping wet, it is unbearably tight, and I'm running to the Cetaphil cream. I can't imagine skin oily enough for this to work well on, but if you do, I guess it would leave you clean enough!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this product with an experimental intent since it's cheap and it claims to remove all alien residues on one's face and suitable from normal to oily skins. It does reach the cleansing level that it claims. After a few uses, however, it completely sucked out all the oil on my face and leave it way too dry. I also noticed dry patches on both of my cheeks, which is similar to what benz909 described in her review. Even my friends commented on the noticeable dry lines on my face lately. This scares me, and apparently it doesn't suit for normal skins like I have. It seems to me that it's strictly developed for oily skins. I have stopped using this product for two days, but sadly my skin is recovering from the dryness very slowly. To conclude, I won't purchase it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Ok i have mixed feelings for this one. I first tried this at my friend's house because i forgot my normal cleanser at home (dr. Hauschka cleansing cream) so i borrowed hers in the morning. I was scared to use this because i had tried neutrogena before and i found it way to drying. Anyways, after one pump i started to blend it and mix it with my fingers lol my friend said it feels really weird how its so gelly! I put it on and it lathered nicely but not too much which i hate because the suds will go up my nose or in my eyes or watever! So after rinsing i was suprised how this didnt dry out my skin! it didnt feel tight at all! So i bought one the other day and i use it in the evening in the shower. However i put it down 2 lippies because i have noticed that my skin is developing random rough patches! SCARY i dont like that! So i dont think ill buy this again but im happy to finish this bottle! EDIT: i am using this in the shower every once in a while on my neck and chest area, because it does a gd job of deep cleansing. so i don't use it on my face anymore!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The first thing i like about this product is the scent. It smells really soft and soothing. Unlike the medicated, sterile scent that i expected. My skin felt really soft and smooth after cleansing. However, after several washes i felt a burning sensation on the skin around my nose. This happens to me after using all neutrogena products. With the great reviews on this cleanser, i had to try it. It cleanses really well, but my skin tend to get irritated after a few washes. So, i wont be using this stuff everyday.

This is the only thing that works to keep my face clear. I am very prone to blackheads and pimples. I was feeling a bit stingy on this stuff and tried to find something a bit cheaper or better value because it always seems expensive in the beauty aisle at the supermarket to put a whole $14 in the basket with one item. And my skin was no good for months until I finally caved in again. What an idiot. It is so worth it even if it's not the cheapest one around. I love the smell of it too, it smells very hygienic.
I use it in concert with a facial buffing brush from the body shop and that is enough exoliation to keep me pretty clear.
The only problem I have with it is the pump is very generous and so you go through it quite quickly if you depress the pump the whole way down. But that is not a big concern really is it.
I tried a few other neutrogena cleansers recently and whilst they are quite nice I think my skin really likes this one the best.