April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2007 12:39:00 PM More reviews by JediEmpressMel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've tried tons of other face washes. The apricot scrub is nice for the morning, but not something I want to use every day, twice a day. Clearasil stuff always makes me wonder why I bothered buying it, because it leaves a greasy film. So I bought this, expecting to be disappointed.
Amazingly, it works.
My skin is not terrible. I have some enlarged pores, the occasional breakouts, and blackheads on my nose/chin/cheek area. Pretty standard. I wear only concealer, sunblock, mascara and eyeshadow. This gets my waterproof mascara, and everything else, off my skin, without the literally squeaky clean stripped feeling that the Clearasil face washes leave my skin with.
The texture has improved. Some might find this product irritating because it contains hydroxide acid. I use the clearasil 10% benzyl peroxide cream at night, and then this in the morning, followed by a moisturizer. This combo is slightly drying, but my moisturizer takes care of that.
The smell is slightly medicinal, but I don't find it unpleasant. All in all, I find this product to be simple to use, non irritating, and it fits into my routine nicely. It also works wonderfully to clean my skin and help it clear up, and my skin has a glow it didn't before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2007 3:42:00 PM More reviews by nsarova

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The best cleanser I've ever used for cleaning my oily skin and removing makeup. Tough even on waterproof mascara yet isen't drying around sensitive spots on the face. I also love how this foams up. If your not careful and it gets in your eyes, scrub those eyes and hope to hell they don't swell up, but oh, they will. Other than that, I love this cleanser!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2007 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ive been using this cleanser about 4 years & daily. It is on the basic side & seems fight clogged pores, lathers well, & barely fragranced. It can be a little drying if your skin is dehydrated or if your skin isnt used to it. It works good for me.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2007 1:41:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this cleanser is wayyyyy too drying and i have oily skin. also, made my eyes tear and burn. would not repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by thefairestlady1012

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Neutrogena's Deep Clean Cleanser is one of the best cleaning and purifing cleansers I've ever had. The formula is a non-foaming gel that does not dry out, break out, or cause irritation to the skin. Oily- acne prone skinned people will especially find this gentle cleanser very useful at cleaning the pores and treating existing acne while preventing new breakouts from appearing, and if they do, this product definately helps with the severity of the acne. My mom loves this cleanser and this review is largely from her perspective although I've tried it and really, really like it. I just prefer the Fresh Foaming Cleanser by Neutrogena and the Almay line of skincare for dry skin formulated with cucumbers. I would really like to try some products by Mario Badescu (mentioned in my Almay skincare line reviews for the cleanser,toner, and moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2007 5:31:00 PM More reviews by beauty_freak

a good basic cleanser much better than the cream cleanser. the pump dispenser is very practical. it has a neutral clean smell which i like and doesn't dry out skin just leaves it feeling clean :)
plus it's cheap

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2007 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Amelie1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have tried lots of drug store cleansers, since they are only on your face for a minute and you can use as much as you desire to clean your face thoroughly, for the price, it delivers great result, i use it for the last wash, before that, i might use ponds cleanser or other brand face wash, but i trust this one to wash everything away. it is not harsh, non drying and only costs 3 pounds during offer time. my HG cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2007 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Verrine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use this at night. It works great at taking off makeup & makes my skin feel clean. I lather it up real good. It comes in a basic pump dispenser, no fancy packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2007 5:07:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this much more than the Oil-Free Acne cleanser. It works just as effectively with the beta-hydroxy, and it dries out my skin less. This paired with the Light Night Cream has me looking great in the morning. I find it's not that great at removing make-up, but I always use a MU-remover before anyway so it's that big a deal. I recommend this for anyone looking for a BHA cleanser that is less harsh than other acne cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2007 3:55:00 PM More reviews by ender11126

I LOVE this cleanser. Before december I was having the worst break out in my life.. I tried proactive and clinique and a bunch of other remedies to no avail. And then I went home and saw my mom, whom I haven't seen in a year. Her skin looked so much better than it's been for years. Jokingly, I poked her face and I think she was really delighted that I noticed that her skin was looking so great. And then she told me she decided to ditch all the HE cleanser she's been using for years ( e.g. EA, EL, Lancome, Chanel, and Shiseido) and started using this( and Olay's . She said the secret to this is to let it sit on your face for a while- she told me to massage my face for a min before washing it off. Being both desparate to get rid of my breaks outs and an obedient daughter ( :0) ), I tried it, and surely enough, within a week my breakouts were gone save a few small ones. Another week later, I had absolutely no zits or pimples or blackheads ( caveat, I also had more time over the holidays to just sit around to do nothing). I have been using this cleanser now for over 2 months and my sface is pretty even now ( except a dark stop from one of the break outs that I 'm hoping would go away.) I think I'll keep going back to this as my HG cleanser, and it's so much cheaper than anything else too! I do wish it were slightly less watery ( it takes about 1.5 pumps every time for it to stay on my face) but otherwise it's awesome.